Hostel Pangea Reviews

Barrio Amon Ave 7 st.3-3bis, Barrio Amon Ave.11 st 3bis, San Jose, Costa Rica

Great hostel! Cool vide I've stayed in probably 60-70 hostels and this was a top 5 favorite.

The hostel in itself is very practical. The common area is very nicely done & has a good atmosphere. Drinks & food are very good. The rooms are very basic. The showers & bathrooms are clean.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Great Hostel,atmosphere wasn't up to expectation but that could be down to the time of year (it's the wet season in Costa Rica in August) it may be more lively in the dry season later in the year. Other than that it was a great place to stay and i will go back next time i'm in San Jose! P.S The dipped Chicken Burger is better than the "World Famous Burger".

Music was way too loud at night

a fantastic place do recommend for fun and comfort at a great price.

Not a lot of soul on this massive hostel. Nice and clean rooms. The restaurant upstairs has the best burger :)

The guy who was supposed to pick me up was actually just employed to wait with me while the actual car came, which came 1.5 hours late. He didn't explain anything and instead slept on the bench outside the airport. Sketchy. Then when I needed to take a cab somewhere from the hostel the guy said it would be 20-30 dollars, and offered to take me for 24, so I took it. The cab I took on the way back was 10, so he ripped me off big time. Also no telephone and no street maps and no kitchen.

Good hostel, just stay in San Jose one night and get the hell out..nothing to see there

Great place to stay if you're looking to meet people and have a good time! Great atmosphere and good vibes.

• 7th Jul 2014

Great place! Will be back again.

• 28th Jun 2014

The hostel has a great atmosphere, cool rooftop bar and restaurant, and a nice pool. The shared bathrooms were surprisingly nice and everything felt very safe and clean inside. The neighborhood the hostel is in wasn't my favorite, and we got lost trying to get to the city center (they say it is easy to get there but did not have a map and the directions were a bit off). My only other complaint is they don't take credit cards and they refused to let us into our rooms until we had paid.

This place is huge! The bar staff were extremely kind, free coffee in the morning doesn't hurt! Security guard at the front door at all times made us feel extremely safe, while indoors, lockers were available. Wall to wall murals and Bob Marley playing made for a chill atmosphere. Met so many fun people from all over!

Very very noisy, good place to party and meet people but not the place to have a rest.

Pangea is located in a very convenient (central) but not nice location. If you care about being close to the city center of San Jose, it's a good spot. Other than its location and its extensive bar and swimming pool facilities, it doesn't have much to offer. Rooms are not very nice, staff is incredibly unhelpful and not very friendly, it doesn't foster much of a community feeling because it is just so big. If you're there with a big group, the facilities are great and the location is convenient

• 14th Jun 2014

If youre single, this be the place to be. Its definitely a party hostel, which I love, but come time to shutter down, the private rooms(cells) really dont have much privacey. Theres huge vents in the ceiling that lets in all the noise from people screamin down the hall and others shaggin next door. Cheap, good food, and nice staff though.

We reserved a spot for our caravan of friends almost a year out so we could all stay in the same 10 person dorm but when we got there they had to split us up because they had no room left in the 10 person dorm.... what is the point of making a reservation if you just ignore it?!?!

• 2nd Jun 2014

no plugs in room wifi is horrible staff aren't very polite.. rooms were ok. bar staff not very attentive

Nice place. Staff were friendly. Computers upstairs by the bar were a godsend as my tablet decided to break 2 days before coming here! Would be better if there were some chairs at the computers though! Good overall.

Possibly one of the coolest hostels I have stayedin! Sweet pool, super helpful staff and gnarly artwork. Bar has heaps of food choices too. The rooms are very basic but ok :)

• 20th May 2014

Potential to be great place unfortunately the staff for the most part left alot to be desired.the people on the travel desk were great and helpful and that's where it ends.also a sense of trying to get every cent out of you.food was very good and fairly priced for san Jose