Hostel Pangea Reviews

Barrio Amon Ave 7 st.3-3bis, Barrio Amon Ave.11 st 3bis, San Jose, Costa Rica

dirty room. hairs in beds and pillows person at the reception was not friendly at all.

• 12th Feb 2014

-Dorms only -weak myfi that only works when it wants to -ONE toilet each for Males and Females in a hostel -$15 per load of laundry -curfew -rude desk staff, especially the owner.

We stop every time we go thru San Jose! The security is amazing and the rooms are really nice, especially the suites! Good food too!

• 4th Feb 2014

It's more for young people and you should say that music is loud until 11 PM

• 1st Feb 2014

This wasn't a typical hostel. While there is a restaurant with seemingly reasonable prices there is no kitchen for you to cook food. The area seemed too dangerous at night to leave. This is a great spot for one or two nights while you're in transit to another city or country. The airport shuttle was incredibly convenient and the staff was helpful. I would stay here again but only for 1 night.

• 30th Jan 2014

Some staff were not that friendly, but it depends on who you meet. It can very loud at night, because many are partying.

Our room had mildew and the smell was aweful.

• 29th Jan 2014

We got in after midnight and had a private room, the room is nice but not worth it when the rest of the hotel is pretty slummy. I wouldn't go here again although I was grateful for a place to stay. We had to leave at 7:30 am, breakfast is at 7 but it's Tico time so no coffee ready by the time we had to go. Did I pay $60 for this? Ouch.

The music from the bar was very loud and made it difficult to get a good nights rest.

I had a very good experience at this hostel. I'd accidentally made the reservation for the wrong night but they were happy to change it with no problems. There was a very relaxed atmosphere in a very secure environment. it was nice to hangout in the bar. The bathroom set up was a funky design.

This place is the coolest. My room was near the bar so a little bit loud for those who need to rise early.

We only needed one night in San josé but we would have stayed longer just for this hostel! The bar is really nice, staff is helpful, the pool is great, there is hot showers and the food looks amazing! Plus, there is a shuttle service to go pick you up at the airport. I recommend this place if you really need to go to San José.

Only Stayed a night but it was decent but the food and bar was expensive.

good restaurant and bar. some rooms don't have outlets but its a nice chill/fun atmosphere for young backpackers

Great staff, great food, great environment, clean, and friendly. Good location to monkey around!

• 13th Jan 2014

Hostel was quite loud and dark on the ground level. The bar upstairs was quite nice.

Friendly staff. One thin blanket on bed--was cold. Bar music so loud, couldn't sleep until bar closed. Overbooked our last night so moved us to a sister hostel in worse area further from buses. Will look elsewhere next time.

• 12th Jan 2014
  • Couple, 41+

service staff is rude, does not know customer care. the food is expensive, no machine snacks

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Colombia

I love this place besides the beds but I guess that's what you get for paying such a low rate. My bed had a spring popping out from it and the sheets had holes and stains.

• 10th Jan 2014