Hostel Pangea Reviews

Barrio Amon Ave 7 st.3-3bis, Barrio Amon Ave.11 st 3bis, San Jose, Costa Rica

Nice and clean hostel. Rooms are basic, but have everything you need. In room 26 the curtain was missing. People could look right in, especially at night with the light on. Other rooms did have closed curtains, so only mine was missing. I resolved it with the blanket, which was way too hot anyway, but this is something they should fix. I was given wrong instructions for further travel. Directed me to the wrong bus terminal. Should have said they didn't know if not sure.

A great place to stay away from the madness of this city. The hostel is in a good location near all bus terminals & perfect for a night or two before or after a bus in or out of San Jose. The facilities are really good, way beyond most hostels & spotless with great hot showers. The restaurant is a little pricey but so is San Jose overall & totally worth it not to have to venture outside the very secure large steel gates that surround the hostel. Would definitely recommend if in San Jose...

I stayed here the three times I had to go through San Jose. It was really convenient, close to the bus terminals. The lady on reception was so friendly and recognised me each time I came through to stay. Food is good upstairs but a bit slow to come out. Beds are comfy and rooms seem quite clean. Nice convenient place.

very nice clean hostel.

Very good location for coming in and out of Costa Rica or passing through- not far from both bus stations. Good facilities, I also really liked the fact they have airport transfer as I am a solo traveller and arrived in San Jose very late. Also easy to walk to main tourists spots in San Jose ( or shall I say central place, as I haven't really seen any touristic things to see or do ) . Staff are really friendly!

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Lithuania

I would recommend taking the bus or a cab from the airport to the hostel. The hostel guaranteed they had a bus that would pick us up, but it ended up being a taxi driver in his own car, who had his own agenda. This driver suggested we never use the public bus because they were so unsafe, and told us not to walk around outside the hostel. Upon just arriving in Costa Rica at night, this put me on edge when arriving at the hostel. None of that was true.

The hostel is fantastic, it has a great bar with incredible views and is couple of blocks away from the main bus terminal to go travel around the country.

The staff was quite rude with the backpackers for no reason. We had gotten our laundry done there, and they shrunk all of our clothes even when we told them not to dry it for as long as they did. The staff wasn't helpful, the atmosphere was poor and nothing like a party hostel. It's very boring, and the bar staff was probably the worst part. They also have their own exchange rate for money which doesn't help.

• 3rd Sep 2015

It was a nice place but the location wasn't so great for me because of the types of places we wanted to go, but apart from that everything else was good

Definitly has potential, but was dissapointed that the pool was green, and more so that the barman on the night was impatient and rude. Don't usually do negative staff comments but hey I would have bought a few more beers otherwise.

• 10th Aug 2015