Hostel Pangea Reviews

Barrio Amon Ave 7 st.3-3bis, Barrio Amon Ave.11 st 3bis, San Jose, Costa Rica

I was told there would be quiet hours after ten - as it says on the poster in every room - but the bar played blaring music until midnight and the window of my room was direct to the bar. I had early mornings and slept horrible. Its also not in Barrio Amon, it was on a fairly sketchy street that was not near the beautiful architecture of barrio Amon. The food was also not very good. I would not recommend this place to a friend.

I think that the hostel is great, but the staff could definitely be more accommodating.

Very Clean hostel with a great patio on the top of the building.

• 4th Jan 2015

Realy nice hostel with good facilities. Loads of bathrooms all new and clean. Dorm was fine. All the staff from the shuttle driver to the cook were realy helpful and friendly and clearly people who love their country and want you to have the best experience possible. Great place to stop over on the way in or out of san jose

Dodgy location, arrogant staff. Shame

• 3rd Jan 2015

The shuttle service to the airport is very helpful and the reception staff was very friendly. The only things to improve is cleaner floors in the private rooms as they were a bit filthy, and the curtains in our room did not completely cover the window so privacy was reduced. The building common areas and bar are great, the private room is a bit of a concrete jail but the room safe is a bonus. Service in the restaurant can be quite slow, its better to go find food elsewhere if you have plans.

Safe, in scary neighborhhod. Good place to meet people. Nice pool

I wasn't very impressed by this hostel. Staff were generally unfriendly and rude. The facilities were pretty bad with limited hot water and amongst the shared showers only one could be used at one time or he hot water would cut out. At night he room I was in was very cold and the blanket I recieved was insufficient and I had to ask for more. The room itself had a creepy grate in the ceiling and overall the hostel had a prison feel. More money needs to be invested in everything.

Staff was not really helpful nor friendly. The say on their internet page that they change the matress every week. I never had such a bad matress. There was no kitchen and the food in the bar was quite expensiv.

the guy on the tours desk, and the front desk were a little unhelpful.. the bartender was awesome though.. its clean and walkable to the bus station

Everything was clean and the hostel is located in a good area which is close to everything you need for a short stay!Staff was really friendly and helpful!

Unfriendly stuff that makes you feel uncofortable when you have any questions. The access to the internet was not really good and the fee for staying longer then 2pm on your check-out day is unnecessary and you dont say anything about it on the website. I have been travelling for almost 2 years now through a lot of different countries and i always stayed in hostels but i NEVER had to pay a fee like this.

Staff was pretty terrible -- just didn't seem like they wanted to help you. The bartender was the worst -- very rude for no reason. Also, tipped himself out of the money I gave him for each beer. I guess he thought I didn't know how to count? This was the only hostel I stayed at in San Jose, so I have no comparison except to hostels in Europe. Compared to those, this was the worst in terms of staff. Everything else (facilities, wifi, etc) is "normal" for the hostel world.

• 3rd Dec 2014