Hostel Pangea Reviews

Barrio Amon Ave 7 st.3-3bis, Barrio Amon Ave.11 st 3bis, San Jose, Costa Rica

Safe, in scary neighborhhod. Good place to meet people. Nice pool

I wasn't very impressed by this hostel. Staff were generally unfriendly and rude. The facilities were pretty bad with limited hot water and amongst the shared showers only one could be used at one time or he hot water would cut out. At night he room I was in was very cold and the blanket I recieved was insufficient and I had to ask for more. The room itself had a creepy grate in the ceiling and overall the hostel had a prison feel. More money needs to be invested in everything.

Staff was not really helpful nor friendly. The say on their internet page that they change the matress every week. I never had such a bad matress. There was no kitchen and the food in the bar was quite expensiv.

the guy on the tours desk, and the front desk were a little unhelpful.. the bartender was awesome though.. its clean and walkable to the bus station

Everything was clean and the hostel is located in a good area which is close to everything you need for a short stay!Staff was really friendly and helpful!

Unfriendly stuff that makes you feel uncofortable when you have any questions. The access to the internet was not really good and the fee for staying longer then 2pm on your check-out day is unnecessary and you dont say anything about it on the website. I have been travelling for almost 2 years now through a lot of different countries and i always stayed in hostels but i NEVER had to pay a fee like this.

Staff was pretty terrible -- just didn't seem like they wanted to help you. The bartender was the worst -- very rude for no reason. Also, tipped himself out of the money I gave him for each beer. I guess he thought I didn't know how to count? This was the only hostel I stayed at in San Jose, so I have no comparison except to hostels in Europe. Compared to those, this was the worst in terms of staff. Everything else (facilities, wifi, etc) is "normal" for the hostel world.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Good stay in San José, but $400 was stolen from my pack in the dormitory.

• 6th Nov 2014

This was the best hostel I've stayed at thus far. Very fun I would recommend it to anyone!

• 25th Oct 2014