Hostel Pangea Reviews

Barrio Amon Ave 7 st.3-3bis, Barrio Amon Ave.11 st 3bis, San Jose, Costa Rica

the place didn,t seem to be clean. We paid 24$ each for a shuttle to get to the hotel from the areoport and a taxi would have cost 30$ for both ! the employee wasn't realy hepful. The price of the food and drink is too high.

• 27th Apr 2014

I was well impressed with the size of this hostel. It is beautiful inside. really great conditions to be a super mega hostel. the infrastructures are the best I have been. unfortunately there is not much atmosphere going on. I felt bored all the time and that is something I rarely feel. Maybe staff should put more effort in bringing people together. just a thought.

Massive hostel. Rooms were dim and dark. No area for luggage. The key card didn't work on door so had to leave it unlocked. No ladder for top bunks. WiFi was down the whole time. Food nice but expensive. Clean bathrooms. A bit of a money making venture.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

No personnality, people working there just do what they have to, nothing more

I had a great time.

• 24th Apr 2014

The rooms were the size of shoe boxes and walls paper thin, so thin it was like they didn't exist at all, you could hear everyone on your floors conversation, sniff, cough and snoring, and i was staying in the private room.

• 24th Apr 2014

San Jose is not a nice city, paying the extra few bucks to stay somewhere a bit nicer like Pangea is worth it.

We arrived fairly late for a one-night stay before heading to the beach. Keep a close eye for Calle 3 and Avenida 7...or is it Avenida 3 and Calle 7. :) If we had not called and asked for clarification we could have driven by 10 times without seeing it. That is also why this is a great place to stay. Inside is very nicely kept, the people are warm and the accommodations are great. The security is very good and they will store your bags if you are staying in a bunk-room. Highly Recommend.

• 21st Apr 2014

My stay in the Hostel was good, although I have stayed in other hostels where the atmosphere has been better and there has been more to do within the hostel.

Very nice stay. Staff was very nice and attentive, room was clean. Some minor improvements coukd be added ike extra furniture on the room, and the music at the bar at a lower volume after a certain time. Food was very tasty, rooftop bar really awesome. Will definetely come back!

The only thing that I did not like is that the showers have slippery tile.

• 20th Apr 2014

Nice hostel to stay at in San José, especially when you're planning to go to Tortuguero: the bus terminal is pretty close by. Airport transfer had a delay and in the hostel we didn't really have a lot of privacy. Besides everything was good and it's a good location. Doesn't feel like staying in a hostel.

Great atmosphere And delicious food! Very loud Till Midnight!

• 13th Apr 2014

Not friendly at all No kitchen no fridge...

Excellent, HUGE hostel with lots of amenities. Great location. Friendly staff.

It's a down to earth place. I liked the possibility to be picked up at the airport and to get good information about onward trips. The rooms are basic and clean and if you feel like you can participate in the backpacker-thing and if you don't feel like doing it, it is easy to find some quietness too.

• 8th Apr 2014

nice place! various TV's with different channels, good bar/restaurant and pool. Good Shuttle service!

Was meeting my long distance boyfriend in San Jose. We are a gay couple and he was not allowed to stay in my room despite the fact I had already paid for the two of us to stay in the "Royal Suite". As a result we left to go to another hotel without even sleeping there. All staff were incredibly rude and room / shuttle email requests were ignored I was forced to pay $14 to leave my bags in the storage unit before my bus journey that evening I would not recommend this place to anyone

• 4th Apr 2014

I have only stayed in a handful of hostels in my time, but this place was the cleanest ever. They also have some cool facilities available, like a roof top bar and a swimming pool. I would refer anyone to Pangea

• 3rd Apr 2014

One of the worst hostels so far. Just a big money making machine with hundreds of beds but no love for detail. Strange atmosphere, rooms don't have windows to the outside. Everything is dark. Bathroom facilities are dirty and not working (only some few drops of water from the shower). Well, it is cheap so for night "okay"... However, I guess you can find nicer places in town.

• 2nd Apr 2014