Hostel Pangea Reviews

Barrio Amon Ave 7 st.3-3bis, Barrio Amon Ave.11 st 3bis, San Jose, Costa Rica

For what we paid our room was dismal. But, it's a great location very safe, fun, and cool layout. F

I cut my foot pretty bad in the swimmingpool because of broken stairs when i came out. The staff helped me clean the wound.

• 17th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

good spot! friendly staff

The staff were very friendly and helpful. It is my first time in Costa Rica and the stay was a great start to my trip! The only thing that I did not like was the dirty mattresses. But everything else made up for it!!

• 14th Nov 2013

They lost our reservation, and while the front desk was extremely helpful, they charged our credit card after the fact even though we paid cash for the two nights.

• 12th Nov 2013

I've only stayed in one hostel before, and compared to that experience Pangea was great. I stayed for three nights during low season and thought the following: It was clean, attracted a great crowd, had fun and friendly staff, was located in a great location near downtown, and had comfortable beds. I appreciated the daily care-taking and the attentive and friendly staff. The internet, TV room, airport shuttle (mainly why I stayed here), and other amenities made it worth it. I'd recommend it.

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Costa Rica

Super nice bar, clean room, good location and good shuttle service.

• 3rd Nov 2013

This place is like a club you get to spend the night at. It's club music non stop and LOUD! Even with just 3 people in the bar area. The beers were expensive and the food was "meh" at best. It advertises movies but when I ask the guy what they were playing at when did it start, they told me no, no movies tonight. When I asked why? The bartenders response was: "because..." Really?

• 3rd Nov 2013

English speaking staff full service: you can book anything from there nice object (restaurant, pool, bar, TV room) - no place for smokers - don't walk right from the hostel -- creepy area - no power outlets in the dorm rooms

without words! satisfied and eager to return soon

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Venezuela

This hostel is nice and when busy is probably a lot of fun. The rooftop bar and the pool are good features and showers nice (with hot water). Maybe this is Costa Rica in general, but we found it very expensive for you you get - $3 for a bottle of water?! - and the food wasn't great.

unfortunately there was no socket in my room to charge my smartphone however its an essential thing while travelling as usually it doesnt last more than 1 day :(

• 22nd Oct 2013