Hostel Papaya Getsemani Reviews

Calle del Pozo 28-36, Barrio Getsemani, Cartagena, Colombia

I had a really good experience with this hostal. It is right in the heart of getsemani and a 5 min walk to the old city. The staff were very friendly and helpful. One night I got very sick and the gentleman who works security at night went above and beyond to assist me in the middle of the night. He made me a beverage with electrolytes and got me fresh linens etc. This kindness in the middle of the night being sick in a foreign country was beyond comforting. Very clean and great vibe!

• 10th Mar 2015

When arriving in the evening, they told us that the hostel was full even we had a confirmation from hostelworld.

• 12th Feb 2015

Stayed one night flew in at 3am, staff were friendly, rooms are small. Overall a fine experience

They double booked me and didn´t let me know until I arrived. They put me in another hostle wich was basically a shed. The staff couldn´t even be bothered to say sorry.

Really nice location

• 18th Dec 2014

It is a very clean hostel with a good location. Staff is very frindly. Negative is the size of the rooms, which are really small. There are 6 beds in a very very small room.

Hostel Papaya was in an OK location close to a lot of bars and clubs but a bit of a walk from the historic center. I wasn't a huge fan of the vibe that the place had. It was quiet yet somehow clique and other than a small patio there was very little shared space. Here were my main concerns: - Three showers but only one was usable and it had no hot water - Floors were dirty and never cleaned in the three days I was there - The lockers under the beds didn't have bottoms = dirty

• 14th Dec 2014

Great staff, very helpfull, nice area and close to all. very recommended

I've had to swore this place average to poor because they showed availability on hostel world and then cancelled my booking the sane day which isn't very professional or efficient. They said I'd received a refund which I didn't- not good!

Please reveive our apologies about this inconveniece. We are very very sorry about this issue, also cause we set everything to return you your deposit. We would appreciatte if you please give us your bank account number in order to send it back. Best regards, Laura Herrera

a nice place with a very nice staff. Very good relation in quality/price in a well located neighborhood very close to the downtown.

A cozy hostel with a nice outdoor courtyard, as well as a funky lounge area. Relatively small - and so it feels like home after just a few days. The location is excellent, in a lively neighborhood that is a good mix of tourists and locals. And plenty of good nightlife and restaurants in the vicinity. The only suggestion i'd offer this hostel, would be to change the ugly white lights for something more atmospheric - install some softer yellow or orange lighting or something...