Hostel Papaya Getsemani Reviews

Calle del Pozo 28-36, Barrio Getsemani, Cartagena, Colombia

Great location especially if you're learning Spanish at Nueva Lengua which is on the same street and the food at Plaza de la Trinidad is AWESOME. I would stay in the 4 person room instead of the 6 person room - the 6 person room looks like two extra beds may have been force-fitted into the room and there's definitely not enough space in the room, on the floor for 6 people and their belongings. Otherwise, breakfast is great and changes every morning.

nice hostel, breakfast included-toast, eggs, coffee. ac is effective for the night. big area to chill, price a little too high.

Had to make a last minute reservation in Cartagena and chose Hostel papaya. Although it is quite a bit pricier than other places, it was totally worth the money. I felt like I went back home for a night. Rooms were spectacularly clean, the bathroom and shower were very clean! I didn't spend much time socializing in the hostel but there were definitely people in the yard hanging out. Staff was amazing, so helpful and kind and I got my laundry done for cheap. Definitely staying there again!

• 16th Jul 2014

Definitely in need of a water pressure pump for the showers and fans in the kitchen & bathrooms, but the rest was quite enjoyable.Having a different breakfast every day is nice, thanks. Tip: get a fantastic burger for cop5500 at the street stall meters away from the door.

Great hostel with only a handful of rooms. Rooms are cozy but well equipped and bathrooms and communal areas are excellent. Breakfast better than most in Colombia. Only negative is security. They have a security gate but don't use it and someone walked right past the front desk and stole a guest's mobile. They did not seem to be too concerned about the incident and were slow to react.

Its a really good hostel , the staff was absolutely great and helped me out a lot. The location is nice, a little bit away from the tourism in the historic centre with a really cool square close by. It wasn't however the most sociable hostel, as someone travelling alone it was too quite. Also, I can imagine the dorms will get crowded when full.

I was in a 6 bed dorm (I would avoid, if you get the middle bunk you have to share head space with someone else). Fortunately as my locker had no key I got to change rooms to the 5 bed dorm. I would definitely go with this option, I don't remember if it is more expensive but it is definitely worth any price increase (within reason) if it is; if not then no problem. Kitchen was good, had the usual stuff and plenty of fridge space. Bathrooms are excellent, always clean. Would recommend.

Great location. Great service. Good price. Cartagena is hot and the hostel only puts the AC on at night but it was ok once we got used to the heat. Good location for the main square and bars. Dull city in general. Best by far of the cartagena options.

Solid hostel in Getsemani, which is about a ten-minute walk from the historic center. Helpful staff.

It completed our experience in Cartagena. Would totally do this hostel again.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Very nice hostel with helpfull staff! Good location and very clean.

• 15th Jun 2014

This is a nice hostel but, like lots of things in Cartagena, is massively overpriced. It's a 5 minute walk to the old walled town, has nice beds, good breakfast and air con (which is important for a good night's sleep in Cartagena). In the 6 bed dorm 2 of the beds are perpendicular to the bunks and come between the top and bottom bunks which make it a bit crowded. Quite a good hostel just way too expensive.

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. It wasn't very busy at that moment and I was so lucky and had the dorm on my own for a couple nights. If it would be full, the rooms are a bit small. It has air-con during night, which is very important in Cartagena and it is clean. I liked the breakfast, Doris prepared every morning something different. And the guy who works at night is also super friendly and helpful.

AC and fan were fantastic, location was good and the girl on reception was excellent and everything was very clean. There's little or no atmosphere though.

beautifully designed hostel but it felt more like a hotel than a hostel atmosphere I think the price puts people off coming -understandable when there are some other really nice hostels in cartagena for much less- because of this there are less people

One of the best hostels where I've stayed in Colombia. Air conditioner, cleanliness, location and friendly stuff are the main good features of this hostel. Totally recomended!

Muchas gracias por su estadía en el hostal y buenos comentario. Lo mas importante para nosotros es que nuestros clientes se sientan satisfechos con nuestros servicios. saludos.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Hostel was very clean. Bookings seemed a bit chaotic but they were accommodating. Slightly odd bed arrangement!

muchas gracias por su comentario sra Hanna. es un pequeño percance que ocurrió en su llegada la cual no se repetirá. saludos cordiales esperamos tenerla de regreso.

We enjoyed our stay here- air conditioned rooms, yum breakfast, helpful staff, prompt laundry service, luggage storage. But I think it's pretty over priced. The 6 bed dorm in particular is really small. Not much atmosphere when we stayed but that's not the hostels fault.

Good location, next to La Trinidad Church where you can find great food around. We arrived on weekend night, there was a group dancing happening in the plaza of Trinidad which is a very interesting welcoming. The breakfast is good. The atmosphere is cozy. Some staff don´t speak good English but they are always willing to help.

Small hostel in the best area of Cartagena - Plaza Trinidad. This is a safe and lively area during day and evening times. The hostel experience was good overall. AC in the rooms at night, good shower, clean place. Common areas indoor and outdoors. Breakfast included. A little bit too expensive.

muchas gracias por sus buenos comentarios. saludos.