Hostel Papaya Getsemani Reviews

Calle del Pozo 28-36, Barrio Getsemani, Cartagena, Colombia

Small hostel in the best area of Cartagena - Plaza Trinidad. This is a safe and lively area during day and evening times. The hostel experience was good overall. AC in the rooms at night, good shower, clean place. Common areas indoor and outdoors. Breakfast included. A little bit too expensive.

Nice hostel, very clean,staff helpful. Has a sunny courtyard to relax and have a drink in. Location is not too far from the old city and on the way are plenty of cheap eats.

I got very well impressed with the helpful staff. It was the last days of my trip and they really did their efforts to make me feel like home. It´s a cozy hostel very well located near of the bars but at the same time different from other hostels around it´s a quiet place. So, if you want to party you are near of bars just 1 or 2 blocks walking distance and if you want to rest you can.

3rd time staying here, beautiful hostel recommend it to anyone traveling to cartagena.

I had the best time here because of the warmth and kindness of the staff, particularly Ana, the manager. It is small and cozy and you will feel at home right away. Located in a great and safe area.

I travel a lot and this was one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff were just awesome... they went well beyond the call of duty! Perfect location - right next to Plaza Trinidad which has a great street food and a great vibe - every night loads of locals and tourists just hang out. It's quite a small hostel and the simple layout makes it so sociable. I want to move in!!! :)

Suprisingly small. Dorm very crowded, beds on top of each other in an unusual way.

What can I say? I just loved it! It's more expensive than other hostels in Cartagena but it's worth it. All of the staff are super friendly and helpful, it's very clean, has a well equipped kitchen, a great patio + lounge to hang out and for me is located right in the heart of the city, the Plaza de la Trinidad - what more can you ask for? Highly recommended!!

I absolutely love this hostel, it is beautiful, Anna the manager is lovely, and it is kept so clean. The breakfasts are delicious and the vibe is chilled but it is still very easy to meet people. It's in a cool area where there is a plaza outside and lots of locals hang there. Often there is music and dancing. Would definitely return. Muy buena hostal, es muy limpia y el desayuno es muy rico y el personal muy amicable.

great location, nice and helpull staff

Dormitory was a bit crammed and noisy and lacked storage but overall a friendly place in the center of getsemani. Good value for Cartagena

If you are looking for a relaxing, accommodating and clean environment to stay in Cartagena - this is the hostel for you. I travelled around the Carribean coast of Colombia and this was by far the best hostel I had stayed in. It is a small hostel with very helpful staff, and breakfast is included. They even let us come back and shower and pack after we had checked out. Cartagena is a lovely place to visit, and Getsemani is walking distance from all the tourist attractions.

This hostel is clean, done up nicely and has cute dorm rooms and even breakfast!! Great location too! Can't fault it really

My roommate and I loved staying at Hostel Papaya! We loved being so close to Plaza de Trinidad, and a short walk to Old Town. I'm so glad we didn't stay on Media Luna it's really loud and the crowd is a little younger than we were looking for. I would recommend Hostel Papaya to anyone!

I stayed at this hostel and by the end the place felt like a second home, first this place wouldnt run and be the way it was if it where not for 4 staff members, anna, the two ladies cooking and cleaning and the night manager gentleman. They are so kind and helpful. Rooms are good with air con at night. Fan during day. A nice courtyard and front room. I loved the location by the church and a short walk to the old city. The breakfast is yummy, u also have ful, use of the kitchen.

Hi!! Thank you very much for your comment! We were very happy to have you here and we expect to see you soon! Best regards! Ana

Totally recommend the place. beautiful design.

• 7th Jan 2014

Nice place! Good beds, very clean and great staff!!!! Will definitely come back in 2014. Sander

I love this hostel. It is right next to Plaza de La Trinidad. The hostel itself is lovely. Has a nice backyard with outdoor dining table and two reclining chair. We stayed in a 4-bed dorm but it was only us two staying there. We shared the bathroom with the next room (6-bed room). The bathroom is one person use, but it is very well-kept and it's inside the room. Room comes with air condition. The kitchen is well kept and breakfast is good. I highly recommend it.