Hostel Papaya Getsemani Reviews

Calle del Pozo 28-36, Barrio Getsemani, Cartagena, Colombia

The rooms were very clean, and not too tight. The bathrooms seem new and very clean... There isn't really any hot water, but you don't usually want/need it with the heat. AC comes on at 9pm, which is a lifesaver in the heat. Breakfast is average (some days better than others), but it's included in the price of the room, so no complaints! Laundry service was quick, and nice. Common spaces are nice - they were showing all the Copa America games. The location is excellent - short walk to old town.

• 19th Jun 2015

A bit overpriced considering the size of the dorms, but a great hostel overall.

Nice little hostel!

Air con is a life saver and the building is lovely. The people at reception are lovely but the breakfast lady is not so friendly. Breakfast is included but not very good. The rooms are a little bit of a squeeze but the bathrooms are nice and modern.

Spankingly clean hostel. Really cute courtyard in the middle and great showers. 6 beds are a bit cramped but all comfortable and clean. Would stay here again.

We booked two nights here, and ran into trouble with our connecting flight. We immediately notified them we'd miss our first night. This isn't the first travel snafu in our almost five months of travel in SA, but it was the first time we were charged for the complete value of the no show, (and no, it was not booked solid) and we weren't offered a credit. It was cute, albeit cramped, the 6 bedroom dorm was set up a little awkwardly but the ac was a lifesaver at night!

Nice small quiet hostel in a great location in the middle of Getsemani. Rooms are very small but clean and with a locker for your bag. Very friendly staff. Don't expect any entertainment in the hostel itself, but you will find plenty of that in the surrounding area. The square in front of the church is great for eating, drinking and people watching.

Really enjoyed our stay and the staff were really helpful.

Awesome location, right near the Plaza de la Trinidad which regularly has a street party every night (super fun and budget friendly!) the staff were super lovely, although they spoke mostly Spanish only they were still really helpful even though we had a hard time communicating. Breakfast is something different everyday and includes some fruit and coffee. The rooms are well kept and air con at night was amazing. Good value for money, all in all!

I would stay in this amazing place again. Great staff, the guests are mostly end 20 / beginning 30 and if you want to party the main places are very close.

Superb location and very friendly and welcoming staff! 6 dorm room has 3 beds above eachother with the middle bed at a 90 degree angle. Nice open courtyard and another relaxed lounge area. Breakfast is included and when I was there this was papaya, sausage with onion-tomato sauce, arepa and coffee/thee.

• 30th Mar 2015

It is a nice place to rest. In a bohemian district and close of the walls. Good kitchen and nice courtyard. Down points: the dorms has a sort of a 'tetris' bunk bed, a weird nonsense tri-beds. Ask to see the bed before booking, or ask for an average bunk bed before...

I had a really good experience with this hostal. It is right in the heart of getsemani and a 5 min walk to the old city. The staff were very friendly and helpful. One night I got very sick and the gentleman who works security at night went above and beyond to assist me in the middle of the night. He made me a beverage with electrolytes and got me fresh linens etc. This kindness in the middle of the night being sick in a foreign country was beyond comforting. Very clean and great vibe!

• 10th Mar 2015

When arriving in the evening, they told us that the hostel was full even we had a confirmation from hostelworld.

• 12th Feb 2015

Stayed one night flew in at 3am, staff were friendly, rooms are small. Overall a fine experience

They double booked me and didn´t let me know until I arrived. They put me in another hostle wich was basically a shed. The staff couldn´t even be bothered to say sorry.