Hostel Paradis Reviews

1 Rue de Paradis, Nice, France

Dont go here during the summer.. Unbelieavable heat in rooms Also, Got a bed in a 4 person room. After checking in I got back at 3 am and all 4 beds were taken. All this after i previously told the staff that there were clothes on all 4 beds. I ended up sleeping the car that I rented. This could be a one off bad experience but you be the judge.

No commune area, no way to meet other travelers except with your roomates... :/ No Laundry service. Room was very nice and clean, there was even a mini-fridge! Good location near the beach, restaurants, markets and Place Massena.

Great hostel! Fabulous location and very clean rooms. I would suggest adding some sort of security feature for one to place their bags/valuable belongings in. It's scary to leave important things in a room with people you don't know when you want to do things like go to the beach.

• 19th Jun 2015

It was situated very close to the beach (pebble) and I got in late around midnight, but the staff was excellent and I told him I would only be passing by and he told me the best places to go in a couple hours and it was great! The room itself was decent. AC was great because of the heat. The ladder leading up to the top bunk felt a little rickety tho. But other than that, for the price it was excellent!

Good basic hostel, lots of stairs if you are staying on one of the top floors, so consider this if you are travelling with a bit of luggage. Stayed for one night, really just a bed for the night but well priced and well located.

Great staff, very helpful!

• 12th Jun 2015

Excellent location in Nice! Right beside the beach (be aware the beach is pebbles not sand)! Bit of a walk from the train station but there is a tram. Room was ok, beds were a bit rickety and not so easy to climb up the ladder. Fridge and kettle in the room were good. If you are in the top bunk no where really to sit. Would have been nice if there was a lounge or something. Staff were great and made recommendations.

Very nice staff. Great location, so close to one of the beaches

upon arrival I was asked for an Id or passport which is standard but when my bunk mate was stolen from, the front desk didn't have any information about the guy who was bunking with us. He got away with 500€ and they had not a single idea who he was but he was able to rent a bed. Other than that the hostel was a good value and in a great location

This is easily one of the best hostels I ever stayed at 10/10

• 17th May 2015
  • Sweden

Really good experience! Location is more than perfect, in the heart of the city. Rooms were well-equipped with a private bathroom, fridge and kettle. Staff was helpful and gave good tips.Recommend!

Very disappointed with staff. I booked a room for 3 nights but was told that room is not availabe eventhough i had confirmation email. I was told that that reservation will be cancelled and I need to book room directly at reception. It was more expensive than my reservation through hostelworld web site so i only booked 1 night. Next day during check out i was told that my initial booking through hostelworld can't be cancelled therefore I was charged cancellation fee. Unbelievable.

The staff was insanely helpful and so so nice! They were my favourite part aside from the location. Being next to the beach was perfect. I wish there had been lockers for valuables, but they were still accommodating. And although there wasn't a kitchen, there was a fridge in the room which was good. Had to eat in the room at the desk. I think it is more a place to rest your head than anything else. But still nice and clean and great awesome staff!

I actually didn't get to stay here because a pipe broke, but the set me up with a hostel down the street and I didn't have to pay extra!

Location is great. In front of a green park n two bus stops. By the way, when I arrived the front desk at noon the staff told me " we put you to another hostel.." She showed me on the map saying just 4 mins but it's 6 blocks away. As the other hostel is cheaper so they 'upgraded' me to a 4 beds room turn out its 3 men in the room. I don't understand how can they do that without inform me as we need 48 hrs to cancel booking and they don't? U may still book but who know where you will be put!!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

If kitchen is available, it is perfect

This hostel was a joke.

A very nice hostel with very helpful suggestions and tips. Excellent location and great price.

• 20th Mar 2015

There were no lockers, but the safe in the room was fine as the doors locked and the the rest of our stuff was fairly safe out in the open. Excellnt location, amazing staff, and easy access to a kitchen in a nearby hostel under the same chain. We booked a 12 bed dorm (or 6, cant remember, but a dorm for sure) and were upgraded to a 3 bed room instead. Nice, quiet, great place!

Amazing place in the main center of Nice, very clean and the best staff(Thanks Andrea and Francesco for your help)