Hostel Paradis Reviews

1 Rue de Paradis, Nice, France

This hostel was a joke.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Japan

A very nice hostel with very helpful suggestions and tips. Excellent location and great price.

• 20th Mar 2015

There were no lockers, but the safe in the room was fine as the doors locked and the the rest of our stuff was fairly safe out in the open. Excellnt location, amazing staff, and easy access to a kitchen in a nearby hostel under the same chain. We booked a 12 bed dorm (or 6, cant remember, but a dorm for sure) and were upgraded to a 3 bed room instead. Nice, quiet, great place!

Amazing place in the main center of Nice, very clean and the best staff(Thanks Andrea and Francesco for your help)

This hostel is the perfect location, close to the main centre, beach and old town! Staff were super friendly and helpful, giving me all the information I needed for what to do in Nice (in which I extended my stay). My dorm and bathroom were super spacious and cleaned every day. I really enjoyed my stay here, would highly recommend!

No real positives! Similarly to a previous review, I booked a six bed mixed dorm, but I was "upgraded" to a four bed dorm with three other guys. I told the staff that this isn't what I booked and she told me that it's a good upgrade and that's all the rooms available. Bathroom was horrible and the beds feel and sound as though they will collapse at any second. Luckily I was able to make alternative arrangements for the rest of my stay because there was no way I was staying longer than one nignt.

Good location and thanks to the time (January) very reasonably priced! The only disappointment was that credit card payments were only accepted over 50 Euros and that it was a challenge for the staff to gather my cash change.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great centrally located hostel - in the main pedestrian shopping area and very close to the beach and old town Nice, safe to walk around even at night. Staff were super friendly and helpful, room was cleaned daily. The only complaint would be the (very) squeaky beds! I was on the top bunk in a 4 bed dorm and the bed was so squeaky I woke up every time the person below me moved! Other than that small thing, I definitely recommend this as a great place to stay in beautiful Nice.

Breakfast facilities should be added.

Only positive thing about this place is location. I booked 6 bed mixed dorm, but the staff told me I got an upgrade. The upgrade put me in a room with a homeless french guy who smokes in the room. When I told the staff, he told me that I need to deal with it because I booked a mixed dorm. REALLY? It just was not right. The bathroom in the room smelled and the bed frame was so weak, it squeaked with a small movement. I will never recommend this place to anyone. Sorry.

We are really sorry you were not happy with your stay.The French you were in a room with is not homeless. He studies at Univesity and he's been with us for a few weeks.It's the case that people staying longer feel themselves at home and sometimes break the rules. If you had informed us about this case we could have definitely changed you room and taken the appropriate actions with him sincesmoking in dorm rooms is absolutely prohibited.hope to see you anothertime when we couldmake you reconsider

Great location! Good shower!

The location was great! On the down town.The receptionist was really helpful and really nice! As for the building and the room your should know though, that more or less you get what you pay for...

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Very friendly stuff, the best location (I was able to see the sea from my window on the last floor). Kettle and some tea bags in the room. Highly recommended.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Ukraine

We wanted cheap accommodation for one night in the centre of Nice and this hotel was absolutely awesome choice. The stuff (young girl) was perfect and kind even if we arrived ten minuten before closing the reception. We booked private room for 5 people. So we stayed in the attic on the 5th floor, where the roof was low (more then 1,7 m tall man must bend the head), but the room was so cute and equipped with air condition and bathroom. I definitely recommend this hotel :)

Very nice location and nice hostel just in front of beach and 200 number bus stop(which goes to Cannes). Since the hostel is built on last floor, it is bit difficult for people with a good height. It takes 15 mins to reach station, 10 minutes to reach 100 number bus stop(which goes to Monaco). Very important, while searching hostel, dont search 'Paradise', search 'Louise Vittons'(its a big shop) Hostel is next door to it.

Hostel paradise is in a prime location! Within walking distance to Vieux Nice, Shopping and the Beach. Staff were super helpful and extremely friendly. Definitely worth your money to stay here.

This hotel is situated in the beginning of the best street in whole nice, where all the shops, the nightlife and the delicious restaurants are, we had a room for five people, it was in the 5th floor ( The attic ) which we had to climb two stairs to reach it as the elevator reaches floor three only. The staff are so much friendly, they clean and tidy your room everyday, they help you in whatever you want. The stay was perfect for me! take the attic!

The place is very nice; the ensuing bathroom was a huge plus! The wifi was OK. Only really negative thing was the bunk beds-- super shaky, creaky, and felt like they would collapse if I turned over. Other than that it was all very nice

Was a really nice hostel. Unfortunately there was no kitchen. Fortunately you are able to use the sister hostels kitchen free of charge!

Hostel was nice and the staff was friendly. Only problem was that not everyone in my room had a key so someone came back at 3:45 am and I had to had to let him in the room...