Hostel Paradis Reviews

1 Rue de Paradis, Nice, France

This is easily one of the best hostels I ever stayed at 10/10

• 17th May 2015
  • Sweden

Really good experience! Location is more than perfect, in the heart of the city. Rooms were well-equipped with a private bathroom, fridge and kettle. Staff was helpful and gave good tips.Recommend!

Very disappointed with staff. I booked a room for 3 nights but was told that room is not availabe eventhough i had confirmation email. I was told that that reservation will be cancelled and I need to book room directly at reception. It was more expensive than my reservation through hostelworld web site so i only booked 1 night. Next day during check out i was told that my initial booking through hostelworld can't be cancelled therefore I was charged cancellation fee. Unbelievable.

The staff was insanely helpful and so so nice! They were my favourite part aside from the location. Being next to the beach was perfect. I wish there had been lockers for valuables, but they were still accommodating. And although there wasn't a kitchen, there was a fridge in the room which was good. Had to eat in the room at the desk. I think it is more a place to rest your head than anything else. But still nice and clean and great awesome staff!

I actually didn't get to stay here because a pipe broke, but the set me up with a hostel down the street and I didn't have to pay extra!

Location is great. In front of a green park n two bus stops. By the way, when I arrived the front desk at noon the staff told me " we put you to another hostel.." She showed me on the map saying just 4 mins but it's 6 blocks away. As the other hostel is cheaper so they 'upgraded' me to a 4 beds room turn out its 3 men in the room. I don't understand how can they do that without inform me as we need 48 hrs to cancel booking and they don't? U may still book but who know where you will be put!!

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

If kitchen is available, it is perfect

This hostel was a joke.

A very nice hostel with very helpful suggestions and tips. Excellent location and great price.

• 20th Mar 2015

There were no lockers, but the safe in the room was fine as the doors locked and the the rest of our stuff was fairly safe out in the open. Excellnt location, amazing staff, and easy access to a kitchen in a nearby hostel under the same chain. We booked a 12 bed dorm (or 6, cant remember, but a dorm for sure) and were upgraded to a 3 bed room instead. Nice, quiet, great place!

Amazing place in the main center of Nice, very clean and the best staff(Thanks Andrea and Francesco for your help)

This hostel is the perfect location, close to the main centre, beach and old town! Staff were super friendly and helpful, giving me all the information I needed for what to do in Nice (in which I extended my stay). My dorm and bathroom were super spacious and cleaned every day. I really enjoyed my stay here, would highly recommend!

No real positives! Similarly to a previous review, I booked a six bed mixed dorm, but I was "upgraded" to a four bed dorm with three other guys. I told the staff that this isn't what I booked and she told me that it's a good upgrade and that's all the rooms available. Bathroom was horrible and the beds feel and sound as though they will collapse at any second. Luckily I was able to make alternative arrangements for the rest of my stay because there was no way I was staying longer than one nignt.

Good location and thanks to the time (January) very reasonably priced! The only disappointment was that credit card payments were only accepted over 50 Euros and that it was a challenge for the staff to gather my cash change.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great centrally located hostel - in the main pedestrian shopping area and very close to the beach and old town Nice, safe to walk around even at night. Staff were super friendly and helpful, room was cleaned daily. The only complaint would be the (very) squeaky beds! I was on the top bunk in a 4 bed dorm and the bed was so squeaky I woke up every time the person below me moved! Other than that small thing, I definitely recommend this as a great place to stay in beautiful Nice.

Breakfast facilities should be added.

Only positive thing about this place is location. I booked 6 bed mixed dorm, but the staff told me I got an upgrade. The upgrade put me in a room with a homeless french guy who smokes in the room. When I told the staff, he told me that I need to deal with it because I booked a mixed dorm. REALLY? It just was not right. The bathroom in the room smelled and the bed frame was so weak, it squeaked with a small movement. I will never recommend this place to anyone. Sorry.

We are really sorry you were not happy with your stay.The French you were in a room with is not homeless. He studies at Univesity and he's been with us for a few weeks.It's the case that people staying longer feel themselves at home and sometimes break the rules. If you had informed us about this case we could have definitely changed you room and taken the appropriate actions with him sincesmoking in dorm rooms is absolutely prohibited.hope to see you anothertime when we couldmake you reconsider

Great location! Good shower!

The location was great! On the down town.The receptionist was really helpful and really nice! As for the building and the room your should know though, that more or less you get what you pay for...

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Very friendly stuff, the best location (I was able to see the sea from my window on the last floor). Kettle and some tea bags in the room. Highly recommended.

• 28th Dec 2014