Hostel Paradis Reviews

1 Rue de Paradis, Nice, France

I stayed in a four person mixed shared room. The hostel was clean and tidy and actually looks like a hotel. The strong point of this hostel is its great location , although it could be a bit cheaper

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Greece

I was shifted to their sister hostel called Meyerbeer Beach Hotel when I got there. My review is about Meyerbeer. What a hostel! :-) They had walking tours, beach mats (a necessity in Nice), bar crawls and absolutely great people! The receptionist helped us with telling us what to do in Nice for our stay. If I ever went back, I'd definitely pick Meyerbeer again! :D

Very close to the beach. You can take matresses, umbrellas, balls for free to the beach. You have a fridge and water cooker in the room. Staff was nice and helpful. No common area, for this you have to go to the sister hotel. (havent't been there) I would stay there again.

I booked double bed room. But they offer twin. And I paid 1 euro more.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Perfect location. A bit of a climb to the fifth floor (the elevator only goes to third), but the aircon in the room was a very nice reward. Plus for providing towels. I'd stay there again :-)

loved this place, the people are amazing and the rooms are great.

This hostel had a phenomenal location, just off the beach (I could see the Mediterranean from my window) and was staffed by fantastic people who were wonderfully helpful. The rooms themselves were good, if a bit of a climb (which I personally didn't mind) and overall the hostel was fantastic.

The location is excelent.Super close to the beach and to Place Massena. At Rue Paradis there is some kind of square with lots of restaurants and a few shops. There is no common area, so if you wanna meet people, it's not the best place. They offer a bar crawl, though, which is really nice. Staff is really nice and helpful. The good thing is that you can have towels and other beach things for free! My only complain is about the bathroom, whenever I took a shower there was almost a flood.

This was a very convenient place to stay. It was a 2 minute walk to the beach, a 2 minute walk to all the bars/restaurants, and a 10 minute walk to Old Nice. They also gave us free stuff to use at the (very rocky) beach. There was no AC but it didn't really matter since we got a nice Mediterranean breeze every night. Good value for the price.

Not a party hostel , almost a hotel styled hostel even. Everything was awesome and up to par. really sweet South African girl at front desk. Suggest for a quiet say in nice but not to bang.

The staff were very nice and willing to give recommendations. They also gave out free beach towels and umbrellas. It didn't have a common area so there wasn't really any social aspect. Because of this it was more like a hotel than a hostel.

Very close to the beach, there are supermarkets around, beautiful room, the staff was kind.

Very nice hotel, really lives up to its name. The receptionist was very welcoming and it's location is right next to the beach. Room was clean and quiet. Had a very good night staying at this hotel.

The staff was very nice and the location of the hotel couldn't be more perfect. The hotel offers a bar crawl and free walking tours and we met fellow travelers through these events and had a blast.

• 20th May 2014

Have a very mixed review. Tons of positives I was especially disappointed because up until then our stay had been awesome! The staff were particularly friendly and cool. They encouraged us to go on the riviera bar crawl which ended up being a blast and we met friends for the trip!

Pros: great location (close to beach and city center), met great people, friendly and helpful staff, provides towels and blankets, has a elevator that only goes to the 3rd floor, and clean. Cons: on the fifth floor (almost died walking up those stairs), low ceiling, small showers (can't grab anything on the floor unless your butt sticks out of the shower, temperature of the water fluctuates a little).

Great location, nice staff and just had all I needed: clean, near touristic places, supermarket and restaurants nearby and best price!

Staff was amazing! Loved the ladies working at reception. Our bathroom flooded everytime someone showered which was sucked. Also, there is no common room to meet people and hang out. The location is amazing though, 2 minutes from the beach! :)

• 5th May 2014

The only complaints really were that there wasn't a kitchen but ou could use the sister hostels kitchen which we utilised every day. The atmosphere wasn't that great and was hard to meet people because there wasn't a kitchen or a common area but people in the sister hostel were super friendly and we met people through that. The location is absolutely perfect, as close to the beach as you would probably get. The room was cleaned each day too and the staff were super helpful and friendly.

We booked a dorm room which is located in the attic, sous les toits, it was really hot, even in April.