Hostel Paradis Reviews

1 Rue de Paradis, Nice, France

Only positive thing about this place is location. I booked 6 bed mixed dorm, but the staff told me I got an upgrade. The upgrade put me in a room with a homeless french guy who smokes in the room. When I told the staff, he told me that I need to deal with it because I booked a mixed dorm. REALLY? It just was not right. The bathroom in the room smelled and the bed frame was so weak, it squeaked with a small movement. I will never recommend this place to anyone. Sorry.

We are really sorry you were not happy with your stay.The French you were in a room with is not homeless. He studies at Univesity and he's been with us for a few weeks.It's the case that people staying longer feel themselves at home and sometimes break the rules. If you had informed us about this case we could have definitely changed you room and taken the appropriate actions with him sincesmoking in dorm rooms is absolutely prohibited.hope to see you anothertime when we couldmake you reconsider

Great location! Good shower!

The location was great! On the down town.The receptionist was really helpful and really nice! As for the building and the room your should know though, that more or less you get what you pay for...

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Very friendly stuff, the best location (I was able to see the sea from my window on the last floor). Kettle and some tea bags in the room. Highly recommended.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Ukraine

We wanted cheap accommodation for one night in the centre of Nice and this hotel was absolutely awesome choice. The stuff (young girl) was perfect and kind even if we arrived ten minuten before closing the reception. We booked private room for 5 people. So we stayed in the attic on the 5th floor, where the roof was low (more then 1,7 m tall man must bend the head), but the room was so cute and equipped with air condition and bathroom. I definitely recommend this hotel :)

Very nice location and nice hostel just in front of beach and 200 number bus stop(which goes to Cannes). Since the hostel is built on last floor, it is bit difficult for people with a good height. It takes 15 mins to reach station, 10 minutes to reach 100 number bus stop(which goes to Monaco). Very important, while searching hostel, dont search 'Paradise', search 'Louise Vittons'(its a big shop) Hostel is next door to it.

Hostel paradise is in a prime location! Within walking distance to Vieux Nice, Shopping and the Beach. Staff were super helpful and extremely friendly. Definitely worth your money to stay here.

This hotel is situated in the beginning of the best street in whole nice, where all the shops, the nightlife and the delicious restaurants are, we had a room for five people, it was in the 5th floor ( The attic ) which we had to climb two stairs to reach it as the elevator reaches floor three only. The staff are so much friendly, they clean and tidy your room everyday, they help you in whatever you want. The stay was perfect for me! take the attic!

The place is very nice; the ensuing bathroom was a huge plus! The wifi was OK. Only really negative thing was the bunk beds-- super shaky, creaky, and felt like they would collapse if I turned over. Other than that it was all very nice

Was a really nice hostel. Unfortunately there was no kitchen. Fortunately you are able to use the sister hostels kitchen free of charge!

Hostel was nice and the staff was friendly. Only problem was that not everyone in my room had a key so someone came back at 3:45 am and I had to had to let him in the room...

Pretty perfect except the water for showers often was not warm.

• 25th Oct 2014

The location was perfect and the staff Was very friendly and easy to approach. The room was clean and just the right size. We absolutely loved the hostel.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Excellent location, the room was nice, clean and quiet. The Staff were really friendly and professional always willing to assist us. We really enjoyed our stay here.

This is a great hotel/hostel. Situated right in the town centre on a quiet street. Main Street and old town less than 2 mins away. Staff were very friendly and very helpful and knowledgable about local area. This is a definite ban for buck place. Will definitely recommend here to family and friends.

I loved the hostel; it was very nice and clean and safe. I felt very comfortable and at home. The only thing that I wish there was more of was interaction with other people in the hostel. There wasn't really a 'hub' to hang out in with all the people there nor was there a kitchen or social aspect.

• 16th Oct 2014

Clean room, including a large well kept bathroom. Great location close to the beach and walking distance to the train. Only down was nowhere in the room to lock your belongings except cheap Ikea stand that did not fit a backpack. Luckily I didn't have sketchy roommates

A serious negative point is the shower (cold and a ridiculous amount of water flowing) and a not so serious one is that there's no social area in the hostel. Apart from that my room was really clean and tidy and everything seems to be ok.

Worst shower in my whole life, freezing water alternating with scalding water. Poor wifi (it doesn't work in some rooms). No lockers. No plugs close to my bed to charge appliances. I wouldn't recommend this place, unless you want to stay in a really cheap hostel.

Hostel Paradis was the best thing in Nice. It's easy to find and it's easy to get somewhere from there. The entrance area makes you feel welcome. My room was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable, though it made some noises when moving (metal frame). Toilet and shower were in the room and also very clean. The staff remembered my name even though I only stayed two nights.