Hostel Paradis Reviews

1 Rue de Paradis, Nice, France

The place is very nice; the ensuing bathroom was a huge plus! The wifi was OK. Only really negative thing was the bunk beds-- super shaky, creaky, and felt like they would collapse if I turned over. Other than that it was all very nice

Was a really nice hostel. Unfortunately there was no kitchen. Fortunately you are able to use the sister hostels kitchen free of charge!

Hostel was nice and the staff was friendly. Only problem was that not everyone in my room had a key so someone came back at 3:45 am and I had to had to let him in the room...

Pretty perfect except the water for showers often was not warm.

• 25th Oct 2014

The location was perfect and the staff Was very friendly and easy to approach. The room was clean and just the right size. We absolutely loved the hostel.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Excellent location, the room was nice, clean and quiet. The Staff were really friendly and professional always willing to assist us. We really enjoyed our stay here.

This is a great hotel/hostel. Situated right in the town centre on a quiet street. Main Street and old town less than 2 mins away. Staff were very friendly and very helpful and knowledgable about local area. This is a definite ban for buck place. Will definitely recommend here to family and friends.

I loved the hostel; it was very nice and clean and safe. I felt very comfortable and at home. The only thing that I wish there was more of was interaction with other people in the hostel. There wasn't really a 'hub' to hang out in with all the people there nor was there a kitchen or social aspect.

• 16th Oct 2014

Clean room, including a large well kept bathroom. Great location close to the beach and walking distance to the train. Only down was nowhere in the room to lock your belongings except cheap Ikea stand that did not fit a backpack. Luckily I didn't have sketchy roommates

A serious negative point is the shower (cold and a ridiculous amount of water flowing) and a not so serious one is that there's no social area in the hostel. Apart from that my room was really clean and tidy and everything seems to be ok.

Worst shower in my whole life, freezing water alternating with scalding water. Poor wifi (it doesn't work in some rooms). No lockers. No plugs close to my bed to charge appliances. I wouldn't recommend this place, unless you want to stay in a really cheap hostel.

Hostel Paradis was the best thing in Nice. It's easy to find and it's easy to get somewhere from there. The entrance area makes you feel welcome. My room was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable, though it made some noises when moving (metal frame). Toilet and shower were in the room and also very clean. The staff remembered my name even though I only stayed two nights.

The lady in the reception is pretty and helpful.

Location is excellent, close to beach, restaurants and shopping.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

The Aussie receptionist deserves a pay-raise. That's not a comment on her wage nor an assumption that her wage is poor, just that she is exceptional at what she does.

Can*t say much as they shifted us to another hostel with the reason that others had trashed the room. The other hostel which was apparently meant to be better my travelling friend was eaten alive by bed bugs. Hotel Meyerbeer.

• 11th Sep 2014

Nice and clean. Great staff, great location.

• 1st Sep 2014

Good hostel overall. Great location but it doesnt have a common space or kitchen. Staff could be better.

Clean and functional. Very close to the water and the old town. We were in the top floor... I kept hitting my head on the ceiling (I'm 6'1"/1.85m). One of the female staff members was rather unhelpful and agitated both days I encountered her. Said staff member was not especially helpful when I mentioned that I left an item behind after checking out either.

Nice location, but nothing you should go if you want to have a typical hostel experience.