Hostel Pastoral Reviews

27 rue Assalit, Nice, France

The best hostel we've been to. Nice is amazing, and this hostel is right next to the station which makes things easy to get anywhere along the riviera you need. The place is clean as can be and has a really home-y atmosphere with the kitchen and terrace that really brings people together. We've met people that we've travelled with even after nice on the terrace. But the best part is the people who run it who help you with everything and even become your friend. Do yourself a favor and go here.

• 11th Jul 2014

The staff here are AMAZING! My phone was stolen during my stay in Nice and one of the staff members walked with me to the police station at 2am and stayed there with me until 4. The man at the front desk constantly checked on me to make sure I was okay and he assisted a friend to the hospital (he broke his arm during the robbery). My room was clean, I met great people, good location you can walk everywhere, good kitchen and patio. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Love you guys! Thank you!

Staff were excellent and very helpful. Complimentary breakfast was basic but good. Elevator was very handy. only downside was the wifi was patchy and you had to continuously log on and watch an advertisement. Apart from that would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 1st Jul 2014

Right by train station which is nice. Highly recommend going to beach two stops down called Villefranche sur mer. Veyr secure. Nice big rooms, good AC. Bathrooms are good. Breakfast is ok, just cereal, bread, and juice. common area is small and terrace is ok. 10 minute walk to beach and bar area is nice. A little expensive but overall good!

Only there for less than 24 hours but it's super close to the train station which is what I needed. Not a far walk from old town as well. Kind of hidden and a little musty. Could use some ventilation for sure.

Great Location, nice hostel. Good Breakfast and the best staff ever, Thanks Nagad from Denny in Canada for your hospitality and kindness.

My daugther and her 3 friends aged 17 were at this hostel for 10 days. They appreciated a lot the kindness of the Staff. The atmosphere has been very positiv. The Hostel is clean. They could cook and use all the facilities, however the room they found very small and norrow.

• 26th Jun 2014

Very good place, very nice staff. Felt like family. All the best! Patrick

We decided last min to book our trip to Nice, without doing a lot of research we were a little nervous. The experience we had at this hostel was amazing!!!!! Literly not a negative thing to say. Location is so central to everything, for two young girls we felt safe, staff was always helpful and friendly, rooms/ kitchen was spotless. Finding this hostel was heaven sent :) I 100% would recommend to anyone traveling to Nice.

• 21st Jun 2014

Love this place. Nigel (I hope that's how you spell it) the owner of the place kicks ass! He's a great guy who remembers everyone's name or he'll give you a new nick name lol. The place is clean and the common room is some what small, BUT I think that's what makes this place great! It brings everyone together so it's hard to be alone when you're hanging out in the lounge. Thanks again Nigel for everything! Hope you make it out to Long Beach CA some time when my friend opens her hostel!

• 17th Jun 2014

Riktigt trevlig personal. Vi hade massor med problem p.g.a. att det var tågstrejk i Frankrike när vi var där. Fick den bästa hjälp man kan tänka sig :)

Nice staff, nice place, nothing to complain :)

The staff were very friendly and totally bilingual. The hostel was great. If I am ever going through Nice again I will stay there for a second time.

Pretty good hostel, I was only passing through so only stayed one night. My only complaint is that the locker was too small, compared to other hostels I visited. Unlike other's though, this one had a fridge in the room which was great. Staff were very friendly and terrace is a good place to meet others.

Really friendly and helpful staff/owner. Nice big double room. Very close to trains/trams/busses. 15min walk tto Fontaine du soliel. Basic breakfast - cornflakes, bread, jams, juice, coffee/tea. Average value only because the city itself is expensive.

Pretty average overall. Owner is really easy going and a pleasure to deal with. Outside terrace closes early, and even before that the neighbours shout and complain about the noise (even though it's still daylight), but better than nothing. Near main train station, multiple supermarkets, and only about a 10 minute walk from everything else. Place isn't new, but cleaned frequently. No toilet in ensuite bathroom which was a bit misleading, but cheap-ish compared to other hostels still.

Hello, thank's for your review.Of course we close the terrace before our neighbours complain,we dont wait that they complain . And we have a big signe in the kitchen say that we close the terrace at 21h45pm and its not really dark at 21h45pm in Nice ,and no toilet in your room because you reserve a mixed dorm shared bathroom Merci

Owner very helpful.

• 1st Jun 2014

The Wifi worked well, good breakfast, close to the train station, easy to go to the beach. The staff were very kind and the bathrooms are clean. Just didn't like the fact that you have to pay if you wanna leave your luggage after check out.

Wonderful hostel because of the use of the kitchen- many backpackers would cook at night and it was easy to meet others. Location was very close to the train station. However, the hostel wasn't the nicest and was slightly dirty.

The hostel is well located how ever the hostel is very old - you have to share toilet and shower and the shower were dirty. You hear everything from the floor and street because doors and windows are not really well closed. The breakfast is easy (for coffee you have to pay) you have to wash the dishes on your own and you find the dishes always dirty!! For so much money it is not really okey!