Hostel Pastoral Reviews

27 rue Assalit, Nice, France

1949 Total Reviews

I arrived slightly past the check in time, so the manager was understandably frustrated, but didn't give me a door code to get into the hostel before rushing back to his apartment, so I was essentially trapped in the hostel till the morning. The location is very convenient to the train station, but not to the beach or the sights. Great shower in my room. No real atmosphere and socializing in the hostel.

I can honestly say that staying at Hostel Pastoral was the one of the highlights of my trip and I don't think I would have enjoyed the French Riviera as much as if I had stayed somewhere else. The people there were friendly, the staff were kind and helpful, especially the owner. The rooms were good, mattresses comfy, towels provided. The facilities were well cleaned daily. The kitchen was well stocked and well maintained and was a great place to meet other travellers. I would definitely return!

• 26th Oct 2014

There isn t any breakfast as you have promised.

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Can't be beaten.

Really close to train station which is handy. Could have ha a few more toilets and the breakfast was ok, but for only €13 it was amazing that breakfast was included. Everything was fine and as it was so cheap, a real bargain!

The hostel has a lot of rule. No smoke No food No drink in the room

NO smoke yes ,but you eat and drink in the room

Very good location close to the main train station, very friendly staff and enjoyed the breakfast. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

The reception guy is nice, but super creepy. He would make suggestive comments to my friend and I. We weren't given a map or suggestions on what to do/see. The room was not clean at all. I slept in my sleeping bag liner. The worst - the bathroom!! There was black mould growing. The shower didn't drain so you would be left standing in ankle high water. When we flushed our toilet it would backup dirty toilet water into the shower!! Do yourself a favour and DO NOT STAY HERE!! Save your money!!

Great Location and nice friendly staff

• 25th Sep 2014

It was a nice hostel, close to the train station and main areas of Nice. Easy walk to busses to Monaco or Cannes for day trips. Breakfast was good.

I stayed at this hostel for 2 nights, while I was house hunting in Nice. It was horrible. At first I only booked for 1 night, the day after I realised I still needed a place to stay. I called and booked late in the afternoon and was given the same room, thus discovering they don't change the linen nor the towels. Awful showers and toilets, dirty kitchen. 40€/night: I don't recommend it.

• 23rd Sep 2014

No common room. Evening you have to be quiet. breakfast is fine.

• 22nd Sep 2014

(Mine is not a review to take too much into; I was there for only 4 hours to sleep. However, the place seemed nice from all that I saw, and the manager was helpful and understanding even at odd hours of the morning.)

Better than the reviews say it is good value for money.

It was a great time in Nice and definetly the right choice of the hostel! I stayed in theprivate room and have no complaints:I had everything I needed from the wardrope in my room to the sink with a big mirror. Hostel provided every day cleaning, free breakfast and wi-fi.Staff was very frendly and helpfull, they advised a lot with tourist info. Moreover it is located right near the train station (easy you can pick up bus to the airport or anywhelse).For sure I will come back at the same one!

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Russia

I enjoyed my stay - the staff are very helpful and mostly it's a great hostel, however it was annoying not having a toilette in the ensuite, especially since there are only two toilets for everyone, one of which doesn't even have a wash basin. On the other hand, the kitchen was very handy, as was the complimentary towel, and the Wifi was strong in the dorm (I didn't try it elsewhere).

Great Stay! Very Helpful Staff; Very clean. Room was comfortable with good AC.

• 12th Sep 2014

aFantasic hostel, fantastic personeel. Great place. Will be back. Thanks! Thanks!

very good Hostel! -air conditioning -refrigerator -kitchen -no cockroaches ; ) great athmosphere

• 10th Sep 2014

Location was good, close to main train station and basically around the corner from main action(centre of town). Good cooking facilities available. Good common area. Would stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4