Hostel Pastoral Reviews

27 rue Assalit, Nice, France

1914 Total Reviews

The reception guy is nice, but super creepy. He would make suggestive comments to my friend and I. We weren't given a map or suggestions on what to do/see. The room was not clean at all. I slept in my sleeping bag liner. The worst - the bathroom!! There was black mould growing. The shower didn't drain so you would be left standing in ankle high water. When we flushed our toilet it would backup dirty toilet water into the shower!! Do yourself a favour and DO NOT STAY HERE!! Save your money!!

Great Location and nice friendly staff

• 25th Sep 2014

I stayed at this hostel for 2 nights, while I was house hunting in Nice. It was horrible. At first I only booked for 1 night, the day after I realised I still needed a place to stay. I called and booked late in the afternoon and was given the same room, thus discovering they don't change the linen nor the towels. Awful showers and toilets, dirty kitchen. 40€/night: I don't recommend it.

• 23rd Sep 2014

(Mine is not a review to take too much into; I was there for only 4 hours to sleep. However, the place seemed nice from all that I saw, and the manager was helpful and understanding even at odd hours of the morning.)

I enjoyed my stay - the staff are very helpful and mostly it's a great hostel, however it was annoying not having a toilette in the ensuite, especially since there are only two toilets for everyone, one of which doesn't even have a wash basin. On the other hand, the kitchen was very handy, as was the complimentary towel, and the Wifi was strong in the dorm (I didn't try it elsewhere).

Great Stay! Very Helpful Staff; Very clean. Room was comfortable with good AC.

• 12th Sep 2014

aFantasic hostel, fantastic personeel. Great place. Will be back. Thanks! Thanks!

very good Hostel! -air conditioning -refrigerator -kitchen -no cockroaches ; ) great athmosphere

• 10th Sep 2014

Location was good, close to main train station and basically around the corner from main action(centre of town). Good cooking facilities available. Good common area. Would stay again.

a must visit to this place. Get to meet new people and have food together. Great experience

Very ugly place, there was a bush of hair on the bed from the one who slept on it before! In the bathroom there was a lot of mould on the walls an in the shower! When you wanted to have breakfast, you had to use the plates and cutlery the other guests washed before with a dirty sponge and the ones who wanted to have breakfast after you would use the same dishes you washed with the same dirty sponge, it's awful. We were glad when we got out of this place again. Would never stay there again!

A great stay. Thanks a lot. Staff were friendly, nice and close to the central station and rooms were comfortable.

Free decent quality breakfast and being really close and easy to find from the main train station makes this hostel. I believe there were free walking tours but not everyday. Worst part is that this is more of a hotel (the actual name is Hotel Pastoral) but I got tricked by hostelworld Quite an expensive laundry facility but there is a coin laundry 3 min walk from the hotel and no public computers.

Loved staying at this hostel, staff are lovely, breakfast is good, super close to the train station! Stay here for sure!

The hostel was located a 10 minute walk from the beach, but right next to the main train station, which is very helpful. The hostel had a kitchen and an outside area. Neither were particularly large or small. The staff were helpful.

The room itself was good with storage and comfortable bed and wifi in our room. Staff weren't overly pleasant. Our shower blocked so staff had to come in and clear drain and our air con didn't work on the first night so we were very hot. It was fixed the next day however we weren't offered any compensation or discount. The hotel is in a good location however and walking distance to everything. Being so close to the train station was also very convenient.

Great hostel, 1 min walk to main train station, short walk to the beach. Clean and comfortable rooms with a bathroom within the dorm room, good air conditioning. Good experience.

Great hostel! The staff are really friendly, thanks Nigel for being so welcoming. The location is really convenient for getting to the train station and the main road to the beach. Having showers in the bedrooms makes life so much easier too. The beds aren't the most comfy but nobody sleeps in Nice anyway!

Dodgy overall feel, no locked luggage room, charge for leaving luggage on departure day, coffee is not included in breakfast (costs 1 euro/cup), mattress made a pit in the middle so the bed was like a hammock. You can find better for sure. The high rating of this hostel dosent make sense, its closer to 65-70%.

Staff were really friendly and a good hostel environment. Location is right near the train station and a short walk to the beach. Would def stay there again

• 5th Aug 2014