Hostel Pastoral Reviews

27 rue Assalit, Nice, France

2004 Total Reviews

Almost all staff is friendly and helpful, but the hostel organization is very bad. The rooms are very disgusting, there are things broken like as the bed lights and very old and ripped sheets. The reception is not 24h and I would HIGHLY recommend searching others hostels in Nice. The location and the price are the only things that are good. I don't understand why the Hostelworld recommends this hostel. I will never came back there.

Bathroom in my room was absolutely disgusting. It smelled and water in toilet kept running. Staff was a tad weird (cheeky), but still nice. There is a $20 key deposit which I knew nothing about. If you're going with friends and you book separately don't expect to be in the same room. Site appears as if you can expect that but really you can't.

• 11th Apr 2015

The Hostel was very unclean and the breakfast was really poor.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Bonjour Thanks for your review,the hostel is cleaned every day included your romm during your stay.And for the price you pay the breakfast are free. toast, brioche, jam ,nutela ,orange juice ,cereal.I recomand you to try to find breakfast for this price Merci

Free breakfast and good Wi-Fi are always nice. Rooms seem a little dated, and shower head was broken, but there was a fridge and lockers in the room. Common area/kitchen is nice, although small. Check out the turtle that lives on the terrace that likes nibbling shoes :)

The staff at Hostel Pastoral were fantastic! Always wanting to help. The rooms were clean and the shower incredible with jets to massage your back!!! I found the area a little uncomfortable to walk around by myself but inside the hostel was very safe. The patio area is lovely. Breakfast was great, although you had to pay for coffee and I thought 10€ was a bit much to was and dry clothes. Overall I would recommend

Nice place and good location. Staff are helpful and will give extra blankets of you need them. Breakfast was basic and hot drinks were from a vending machine for a euro but this is fine.

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Our room had its own updated bathroom, and bunk beds with their own lights and outlets. There was a beautiful patio you could sit out on and the free breakfast was great! The location was within walking distance of the main street with all the shopping and super close to the main train station and beach! If your staying in Nice this is the place to stay!!

Stopped over in Nice for one night, guy at the counter was friendly, met some great people, the free breakfast in the morning was abundant and the location was fantastic, in walking distance to heaps of shops and 5 minutes (or less) from the train station. Thanks!

Not far away from the centre of the city. The breakfast is ok (there's a coffee machine and coffee costs 1€). Free wi-fi. The place is ok.

Pastoral was very close to the train station. And staff was very kind. But the facilities were not cleaned. But i was satisfied cuz it was the most cheapest accomodation in nice. So i recommend it to only poooor backpackers like me:)

By accident they made a double booking for the other 2 beds in our room, so throughout a long period of time in the middle of the night, people kept coming in and out our room. Really annoying.

All is good except the men in the room are smelly.

Location was good, close to the train station and in walking distance of shops. But the room was dirtier than pictured on website, and the sheets were thin and old. The room was cold, but we did get extra blankets when we asked. breakfast was free, but very basic, and kitchen was not the cleanest. I understand why it was cheap to stay in. I would not recommend.

• 12th Mar 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. My only problem was the front door -- if another woman who was staying in the hostel hadn't come by and opened the door, I don't know how we would have got in. Is there a buzzer for the door? Maybe list that with other information about the hostel so that people don't get locked out when they first get there! It was wonderful to have lockers and free wifi in the rooms.

The breakfast was good. The rooms were descent. The staff was excellent and helpful. Overall, I am happy with the stay.

I feel soooooooo cold!! They gave me only tiny branket.

The staff was very polite and charming! My friends and I really liked this hostel. We had a great time. The bathrooms didn't have soap and the shower head was cracked, but everything else was great; the lockers were spacious, the fridge was useful, the beds were comfortable, and we had breakfast on the patio, which was super relaxing. There isn't much to see in this hostel besides a nice aquarium, but I would definitely recommend this hostel, especially if you plan on mostly being out in Nice.

• 27th Feb 2015

The hostel is good on the basis that its a 2min walk from nice gare-ville station and a 10min to the beach front public transport links are excellent. Plenty of shops and restaurants on your door step too. The hostel itself is good and clean only downside is that there is no staff in the evenings. All in all a good hostel

Hi Kevin Thank's for your nice review,just for information we close the office at 22PM but we have a night watcher who stay for any emergency. Merci Hope to see you soon

Great breakfast, nice kitchen, very good staff. Could use a common room in the winter, otherwise the terrace is perfect.

I arrived slightly past the check in time, so the manager was understandably frustrated, but didn't give me a door code to get into the hostel before rushing back to his apartment, so I was essentially trapped in the hostel till the morning. The location is very convenient to the train station, but not to the beach or the sights. Great shower in my room. No real atmosphere and socializing in the hostel.