Hostel Pekarna Reviews

16 Ob Zeleznici, Maribor, Slovenia

We stayed in our own private room that was spacious with our own kitchen and bathroom. It was very reasonably priced. We enjoyed our stay.

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights and it was good for us. We were there in late September so it wasn't too busy, but the hostel is very modern, clean and secure. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the main part of the city accross the river, and a 5 Euro cab ride to the train station. The only complaint I'd have is the room we were in had two single beds, even though it was called a "Double Bed" room, so make sure you request a true double bed if you want it!

clean and nice place with interesting surroundings.

the facilities and everything is on a very good level however it was still very expensive for a hostel

Best hostel during our trip! Close to the center, nice and friendly employes, and very clean!

It is a clean hostel, but a little bit far away from the city center and train station. I was there in late August and I didn't meet other travelers there, kind of lonely. But the facilities are good, good kitchen and fast wifi.

One of the best hostels I have ever been! Very nice, big rooms with lockers, well equipped kitchen (even dishwasher!), bathroom in the room and friendly staff for a really good price :) Very nice place close to the city center (about 15 min walk). I recommend Hostel Pekarna to everyone that would like to visit Slovenia!

I was only biking through Maribor and I needed a place to sleep and rest for a night, and this hostel had everything I wanted.

Excellent

Lovely new but very big hostel in a good location. Great kitchen. Very clean. Internet regularly wouldn't connect. Single beds and good lockers expect lots of keys which was a little bit annoying. Overall would recommend based on price.

Clean small apartment, newly renovated. The location was okay but we would prefer to live north of the river, closer to the city center. Very disappointed with the twin beds. We had expected a double since that was what we had booked. A bit enoying with all the signs in the room telling us what not to do. Got the feeling that it was a hostel for people under 20 that didn't know how to behave.

Large clean hostel, but no atmosphere while I was there. Also had wifi issues, when I asked them to reset the router, they said it has been messed up for two months. Yeah, might want to get that checked out at some point.

Excellent hostel! Very well prepared, clean and secure.

• 11th Jul 2013

very nice hostel. brand new and clean. awesome staff!

Somewhat too close to railway, which may disturb your sleap at night. Otherwise excellent!

• 10th Jul 2013
  • Czech Republic

Location: Just 5-10 min walk from the city center. Secure area. Everything is very new and clean. Although everything is in place there is very little atmosphere. Staff is willing to help but they let you feel that they don't like their job and that you are bothering them. Free parking was nice.

In a bit of a weird neighborhood. 15 minute walk to downtown, very far from the bus/train stations. Facilities are excellent though

Really nice hostel but very little going on. Maybe we went at the wrong time of the year (start of June) but there was barely a soul in the building.

We chosed this Hostel because of it's cheao offer of a DOUBLE bed room for 21 €/person the night. When we arrived there we got a TWO bed room and when we went there to complain they said it was our fault. That it was not possible to get a double bed room for just 21€ per night. They didn't do anything to resolve the situation and we had to stay (as a couple) ina two bed room. This for us was a really poor service.

Overall very nice hostel. It appears to be new. The hostel and rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and above all the coffee is tasty:)

• 17th May 2013