Hostel Petero Atamu Reviews

Petero Atamu s/n Isla de Pascua, Easter Island, Chile

This hostel was ok. Pros: free transfers to the airport. Big kitchen to use. Pleasant breakfast set up. Close to the town. Quiet road Cons; our room was quite hot at night we were promised a fan which never turned up. Staff weren't really around during the day. Also shower had about 8 spiders and a dead cockroach on arrival! Also bring ear plugs as about 3 cockrals compete for hours every morning! Wherever you stay easter island is wondeful and well worth the visit.

Location was excellent. 5 min walk from town. Right near the festival grounds. Easy to get to/from. Facilities were fine. Hot showers, room was clean, breakfast was out each morning for me.

This hostel was a great place to stay. The owner picked us up at the airport and gave us a brief tour of the island, took us back, went over the map with us, discussed things we should do and see. The hostel itself is low key and the owner and his family are around if you need anything. I wasn't there during a busy time and it felt more like I was staying in the back of someone's house than in a hostel. The breakfast was good each morning and included animal proteins-yay! Def. recommend!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot for everything guys! We really enjoyed our stay with you. Just one comment, upon arrival when we were using the shared bathroom, it hadn´t been cleaned in a while. And it wasn´t cleaned the next day either. We found it very dirty and cleaned it ourselved a bit. Also some hooks would come in handy to hang your towel/clothes. Thanks again for changing us to the other room with private bathroom!

• 7th Nov 2014

the breakfast was the best of the hostel!

Wifi didn't work well in the room, but it did in the common rooms. At night a group of cocks start chanting at 4a.m and don't stop till dawn! Personnel was correct but a little bit rude. Ubication is perfect.

Really expensive but you can get a nice private room and a good breakfast. I couldn't get I to my room on checkin for nearly ten hours. I arrived to find no one there so I left my bags and went into town. Then when I returned a few hours later there was a neighbour there who said the boss would be back in a few hours so once again I left and returned a few hours later. This time, again, it was empty and I couldn't check in. I left and came back at 10pm (10hours later) and managed to check in!

Basic but comfortable accommodation

The hostel is in a good location, only a few minutes from the main street. The rooms a very simple but okay. We both found the hostel quite dirty, probably the dirtiest we have seen during all our travels, especially the kitchen and bathroom. There was rarely dishwashing liquid available and only cold water in the kitchen. Breakfast was okay and enough for us, take care of hair on cheese or ham though. Easter Island is a very beautiful and picturesque island, but be aware of the stray dogs.

View all Easter Island Hostels