Hostel Pipistrelo Pula Reviews

Flaciusova 6, Pula, Croatia

This is a budget hostel but it does not excuse the bedbugs. It is now over a week since my stay at the Hostel Pipistrelo Pula and my body is just starting to recover from the bites. My arms and legs were completely covered, my chest and back were bitten, and I had marks on my face and neck. All in all a horrible experience. I would not recommend staying at the hostel, unless you have fetish for bedbugs and bites. AVOID at all all costs, I just wish I had found this out before my stay.

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Scotland

Awesome hostel, awesome staff. Everything was A+++, would stay there again! :) Thanks for the hospitality!

The hostel is usually a school during the winter season, so think dorm room style. Rooms are huge, staff were very friendly but a little clueless about the current activities in the city, I think they were travellers.

TWO WORDS - BED BUGS!! I stayed in various rooms here, some of which were alright but i got bitten alive by bedbugs, which ruined the next 2 weeks of my holiday. 5 bed dorm was very dirty and bug filled. On a whole staff seem very unorganised. No real communal "hub". Kitchen was basic, tiny, very outdated. Reception not manned 24/7. NO LOCKERS we never even had a full set of keys to our rooms, so they were unlocked also most of the time! Only positive - decor is quite cool.

The beds were full of bedbugs. There was no toilet paper or soap in the toilet which was supposed to be ensuite but people from the other rooms ended up using it.

The hostel offers what it promises and is a good value for money. The only problem is the parking. Despite the information on available parking the Pipistrelo hostel DOES NOT have a guaranteed parking. There is only city parking lot in front of the hostel which during the day charges a fee. The fee is not high. It would be fair to know this in advance - if not other to avoid fines and clamps on the wheel.

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Slovenia

There are a lack of common areas. The kitchen is tiny, uncomfortable and old. There is WIFI only on the first floors. No 24 hours reception, nor acces to the kitchen. On the other hand, rooms and bathroom are clean and the location is really good.

I booked a 4 bed dorm room and the first room they put me in had 5 beds crammed in basically one on top of the other. I complained and they moved me to a 4 bed dorm. The initial excuse was "oh, thats just what it says online." Well, if that's what you're advertising than that's what you should stick too!! Now I am not that picky about rooms usually but this one was truly gross. The bathroom smelled of mold and it was dirty. Oh and they advertised air conditioning too but it doesn't work.

Very creative rooms!. It's best feature is definitely it's location 2 minutes away from the main square. Clean beds but a bit of a struggle to get to the top bunks! Friendly and helpful staff although not around 24/7. The only disappointment was that a Hot Tub was advertised and there is none and our room wasn't really secure. We had for the door leading to our room and next door but no key for our actual room so our neighbours could easily have come in! Overall though a great stay.

Although the staff were nice we felt they were quite inattentive; often nobody was at the reception. The location was perfect, the town square was nice it had restaurants and cafes and a tourist office, it was only a short walk to the amphitheatre. There were some small glitches such as the broken towel rail, the wonky toilet seat, and the slidey cupboard door that collapsed when I tried to open it, also the wifi was broken which was annoying for us. It was good but little things let it down.

It was an adventure to climb on my buunk bed...

it was ok but it was a little problem with the ongoing works of the street, but in the end we reached the hostel and parked in the nearby parking. It was close to the city centre, in the back of the hostel is a very nice market with restaurants, perfect for breakfast, coffee and dinner! Enjoyed the stay there. Take into consideration that there is no elevator but the rooms are clean, with a beautiful view, good location.

• 19th May 2013