Hostel Pisa Reviews

Via Corridoni 29, Pisa, Italy

I loved Hostel Pisa! I spent three weeks in Italian hostels and this was by far my favorite one. Wonderful atmosphere, cheap eats/drinks, clean bathrooms and beds. The location is awesome as well: 5-10 min walk to the train station and 15-20min walk to the airport. The only somewhat negative things I have to say is that there is no hand soap in the bathrooms and the lockers were too small for my backpack (but definitely big enough for any valuables).

Hostel pisa is a very neat backpackers hostel, enjoyed my stay will probably stay there again next time. There's Ac in the room which is always plus and readily available lockers. The slight thing that bothered me was the strict 3pm check in rule but besides that all aboard for hostel pisa! 4/5 value for money if you're backpacking

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

The staff are excellant, hospitable, approachzble, helpful, polite and smile. It has made my visit to Pisa a memorable one. Thank you all.

Loved this hostel.

Very friendly staff and nice food. The bag storage on the last day felt a bit insecure, but everything else there was very nice.

• 18th Jul 2015

This hostel was awesome! I might have been a little too excited about this place since I stayed in the most god awful place the night before. I stayed in a female 6 room dorm. They had full size lockers for each person, gave you linens upon check in, had a bathroom connected to the room with a full size shower, plug ins next to each bed. They also had an all you can eat buffet for 7 euros, but I didn't eat it. it looked good though, but we opted to go out and eat. awesome place!

The location and the atmosphere are the best things about this hostel. The food is OK but over priced like the drinks. If you're on your own and want to meet people then this is the place for you!

I had a lovely stay in Pisa in this hostel, the staff are very kind and friendly and the location is very close to the stain and still close to the tower and other places as well. They have a beautiful garden where everyone gathers in the afternoon and it is a great way of making friends :) But I had a bit of problems with the internet.

Check in was a total nightmare. What a joke. A 3pm check In time is way too late (from 10-3 you don't have access to Your rooms which is ridiculous) and even when it was 3pm, we were told we had to wait an additional 40 minutes. Look, I understood it was busy, I've been to loads of hostels, but the staff were unhelpful and ignorant towards the situation. Also the facilities were poor - no kitchen area whatsoever. Bar was the only good thing. Way overpriced for what you got. Not worth it.

Our check-in time starts at 3PM because we do have a very late check-out 12NOON. Guests are not allowed to access rooms during cleaning time from 12noon (not 10am) until 3PM, but you stayed 1 night anyway ;) . We sincerely apoligize that you had to cue a bit to check-in on that day it was a weekend, and usually most of the guests come at 3PM to check-in. Honestly speaking though, you have not been told to wait 40 more minutes as you said, since all the rooms are ready at 3PM at not after.

Would definitely recommend!! Everyone was lovely and there were really good services at this hostel including baggage storage and lunch and tea buffets which were nice and a good value. The hostel gets cleaned everyday and is very close to the train station and in walking distAnce of everything else.

We LOVE you for this review! 100% makes us more than happy. Hugs from Pisa

Very cool and friendly, location was good close to the station.

Everything was quite fine. I just had some work to do, but the internet was so slow at the hostel that I was unable to finish and keep a deadline.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Hungary

Amazing hostel... very young atmosphere! Staff really friendly and all facilities were great... looked like a hotel!

We LOVE you for this review! 100% makes us more than happy. Hugs from Pisa

All our washing smelled like it was not washed do that was a waist of money. Lockers did not lock. Not aloud in dorms from 12-3pm so hangovers suck. No BYO alcohol. Good place to have a good night though, would stay there again

Common room area was really good. The buffet dinner is a really good deal! But the wifi was bad, yet id still recommend this hostel

Perfect location

• 14th Jul 2015

I wrote a long review on my blog (http://www.travel-b.com/blog/2015/07/15/hostelling-international-the-hostel-pisa-in-pisa/) but the gist is this: Positive: - great staff (friendly but assertive) - perfect location (in walking distance to airport, train station and all sights) - air condition in the rooms - Wifi throughout - reasonably priced lunch/dinner available Negative: - just one sheet to sleep in - breakfast prices quite steep - no guest kitchen

Nice location, great stuff, but please invest some of the money you make to maintain the hostel. Starting from broken shower mounts in the bathroom, broken lockers in the rooms, falling apart billiard cues, broken table tennis rackets, and so forth. All of such does not cost much money to replace or maintain! Combined with the strict and unusual alcohol policy (one is only allowed to buy the low quality alcohol within the hostel, not bringing their own) there should be some money left to do so.

Thanks for your review. If you visit us now you'll see that the shower and lockers in your room have been fixed :) We also just bought new table tennis rackets and are about to orrder new billiard cues. if just everyone would play with them carefully without destroying them every 2 weeks, everyone would be more happy for sure ;) About the alcohol, 6€ House wine Bottle, 2€ Small Beer, 4€Half Liter, 1€ Shots and more than 10 different Italian and International Beer Bottles for 3€.

Staff and atmosphere were great. There is a great area outside to eat/drink with other residents. Only thing I didn't appreciate was the no outside alcohol policy since I had just come in from a Tuscany vineyard and I had bought two bottles of wine that I was eager to drink.

Really colorful and clean hostel with excellent staff. The receipt concept is a little strange and unnecessary to get back your deposit but otherwise very good.

• 11th Jul 2015