Hostel Playa Reviews

25th Avenue with 8th Street, Downtown, Quintana Roo, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

I stayed at hostel playa for 3 nights in a 7 bed female dorm. They play loud music in common area til around 12.30-1am, and the street is noisy outside so bring your earplugs if you want to get any sleep. No locks on the door to the room, & lockers outside the room. There is an entire floor/area/bathrooms dedicated to females which was nice to have. Ask to have the shutters closed in the rooms at night time which will help cut out some noise & sun as there are no blinds in room.

Great people, great atmosphere, great location. Cheers to Marcelo!

The staff is very friendly, had a great time :)

I LOVED this hostel. Such an enormous common area and more than fully equipped kitchen, with a wal-mart right across the street! I met a lot of great people here, and the staff were just as wonderful. The hammocks on the second floor and the roof were so nice to lay on, and the christmas potluck we had made it feel like home. Water could be hotter but it was fine, and my room didn't have AC but the fans and breeze from the windows made it bearable. Would definitely come back!

Very friendly hostel. Was nice and cleaned but with an old fashion atmosphere that could improve to give a nicer experience.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Colombia

They did not honor their reservation then would not help take care of the situation. I called earlier to ensure that it would be fine because I was arriving late. Would not recommend.

• 27th Nov 2015

Loved it! The place was clean, the people were friendly, the atmosphere was exactly what we were looking for! It was a great location and the beds were really comfortable. I felt safe and my belongings were secure. We had no problems at all! I would recommend this place a million times.

• 27th Nov 2015

I stayed one night here in a dorm right next to the plaza. I got woken up so early by all the noise outside as it's right on the main road and theres no windows just mesh. Not a lot going on here either, a couple of people in the common areas but that's it. Very clean and secure and simple.

Great hostel! Planned to only stay 2 night but stayed 4 instead. Staff are super friendly and helpful, great breakfast, good common area to meet other travelers. Free bedding, towel and soap! 5 bed female dorm was comfy with plenty of room, top bunk was a little hard to get up and down as there are no railings to hold onto, not a big deal though. Great local restaurants close by and main town only a few blocks away, easy to walk.

Fantastic kitchen faculties, laid back and friendly atmosphere, brilliant location and comfortable quiet rooms.

• 1st Nov 2015

Cool hostel! There's loads of areas to chill out and socialise, hammocks,sofas,rooftop,Pool etc...great kitchen/bathroom facilities and the owners are really nice.

We thought the hostel was fantastic! The rooms were cleaned daily and the entire hostel was extremely clean. The air con kept the rooms nice and cold and it was lovely to have free breakfast and water available everyday. However, the best thing about the hostel was the friendly and helpful staff, queta, anna and tuta in particular went above and beyond to help us with everything!! Also in a great location, about a 5 minute walk to the beach and even closer to the ADO bus stop.

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels