Hostel Playa Reviews

25th Avenue with 8th Street, Downtown, Quintana Roo, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Good place to stay. Off the crazy party scene path and close to cafes and a really neat place called The Moulon Rouge, a beautiful, eclectic artistic cafe/gallery with live music and yummy drinks. Hostel Playa has kind people working there (the owner is a playful goofball) and good vibes all around. The pool and bathrooms were super clean too. I'd definitley recommend it :)

• 3rd Jul 2015

Really nice hostal, can see how people never leave! Has a number of chill out areas, an awesome sized kitchen and the rooms and showering facilities are constantly being cleaned . They also have hot water! Staff very friendly. My only grumble is that the only place you can charge your items is in the common area making it very difficult to charge stuff unless you're staying in. Also they switch the AC on and off as they please if you book this room so be weary of this!

Great hostel, very spacious kitchen, living room and restrooms. The lockers are big and already have a lock which is very usefull. Located next to an oxxo, in front of a WalMart and near to main streets. Good place to meet people. I definitely recommend it even tho the swimming pool was closed and they didn't respect the deposit made in the reservation when paying for the rooms.

Great hostel, great staff!!

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Israel

I’ve seen others complain about the noise level, which is accurate. However, it does goes quiet at 00:30. However, there are plenty of hammocks and a rooftop terrace. The location also means that its a whole 10 min walk from the beach (by the way, their pool was closed). It should also be said that their kitchen was brilliant (well stocked and spacious). Donate your leftovers to other travelers! Hostel cleaned daily. All in all, a great place to get a room.

We arrived at the time specified in the reservation and, surprise, no beds available because they oversell them. Two other guys were in the same situation, so it doesn't sound like a special inconvenience. After discussing (it was 9pm, no way to find a different accommodation during easter week), we managed to solve the problem but one of us had to sleep in a bed in the common area. Other minor problems: no power plugs in the room, very noisy (rooms are not well separated by the common area).

This was a nice hostel. One major problem was that there was no power plugs in the girls dorm, which meant that you had to leave your phone in the bathroom while it charged... Not ideal

We got to Hostel Playa and our booking made through Hostsel World was ignored , the hostel had over booked and were only able to offer is a bed in an attic style room with 6 other very messy people , when we were shown our options when we arrived we could either have the double bed in the common area of the hotel or this one upstairs with someone already passed out on it. Staff were rude , breakfast was average , atmosphere was lame. Plenty of better places to stay.

As soon as we arrived we knew we were in for a wonderful stay. The receptionist was extremely thorough in her explanations and our room had a cool little private balcony. Lots of hammocks and games in the place too. Every day the staff arranged games and outings to Blue Parrot (!!!) for us, and always had great music to jam along to... 10/10 would recommend a stay here!

• 1st Apr 2015

They don't give you access or do not have a pool that iis advertised. Its a bit of awak to the beach that you would want to swim in . 12-15mins But nice hostel nice people, good socal area, not the greatest but nothing bad bad to said about it

• 25th Mar 2015

I had awesome stay at Hostel Playa. Super friendly staff and great atmosphere, good place to meet people and enjoy free pizza night or cook together or then just grap your favourite book and swing in a hammock. Nicely clean, showers always with hot water. Nearby all the action and beach, busstation and Walmart but still possible to enjoy a good night sleep without the constant bass and noise from the main avenue nightclubs. Excellent wifi. Safe. Own locker included in price. Decent breakfast. :)

A few blocks from the noisy 5th av, good price, helpful staff. I had a very good time there.

By far the best hostel in Playa. There's a huge common area, the rooms are comfortable and clean, and you've got a kitchen if you want to make meals. There are also a lot of "nooks and crannies" where you can kick back and relax, such as the rooftop area an an outdoor picnic area. The staff is friendly, and the location is great too. Highly recommended.

• 10th Mar 2015

Neat and clean, comfortable beds, great facilities and space. Staff were friendly and accommodating.

Great atmosphere. The staff are so friendly and great fun. Good cooking facilities and the bathrooms are all very clean. The whole vibe of the hostel is fantastic!

Hostel Playa was a great place to stay. It was clean and the environment was really good. I will be back for my next trip to PDC

• 1st Mar 2015

I was in Hostal Playa only 1night. It is just few blocks from the main street, the spaces are big and the staff is nice. But I have some bad comments: 1-I was in a female dormitory, it had no key in the door 2-In the room there was no electricity to recarge my phone and other 3- At night there's a bit of noise coming from the street 4-They charge me 2 nights instead of one because I dind't give back to them the blankets and towel before 12am (I didn't use the room and the bed)!!!it's absurd!!!!

such a fun hostel!! they organise different activities and drinking games each night and organise trips out to the clubs when everyone starts getting a bit roudy. staff are awesome and extremely helpful, my mate lost a tablet and they aided in every way possible to help get it back. would definitely stay here again

Hostel playa is perfect location in playa Del Carmen. The staff are so friendly and helpful and create a great atmosphere. Hostel playa has been one of the best hostels I've stayed in and is great value for money.

• 16th Feb 2015

Great hostel with fantastic staff who truly care about their guest's experience - surprised that this hostel isn't better known as the location and building are amazing. Thank you for both visits and hope to see Leo and friends again! Dom (from London)

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels