Hostel Plinio Reviews

Main Road 50 Meters Before Restaurant Bamboo Jam, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Atmosphere was great! We stayed at this hostel x2 nights and were able to be flexible with our dates when we decided to change our travel plans. Very friendly staff with great information on places to see and things to so around the area.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Though they claim to have a restaurant, we couldn't find it during our three-day stay. Though the room has a fan, there are no windows, just mosquito nets, and as it didn't cool down at night, the room stays hot. This made it hard to get some sleep. I advice to book a private bathroom, as it comes not only with private bathroom, but also with private seating area and private balcony. We booked shared bathroom, thinking that was the only difference, but it means you get only a sleeping room.

Nice place, located right in the forrest... Takes about 15min to get to Manuel Antonio by bus which is 285 colones

Loved it!

No comments

• 27th Feb 2014

Pros: Hostel Plinio is a standard no-frills hostel with breakfast (fruit, white bread, jam), usually starting on-time (7am). Cons: The road noise is terrible; the hostel is not on the ocean-side of the road; there wasn't much of a community vibe.

• 25th Feb 2014

Very good hostel! Clean, good breakfast, lovely pool, good rooms.

Everyone was really friendly, I liked the pool and the bus to Manuel Antonio stops right in front of the hostel. Went to a beautiful waterfall and enjoyed my stay nearby some beautiful beaches!

Very friendly and helpful staff, great food in the restaurant, clean and comfortable rooms. Negative point: dogs in and around the swimmingpool.

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

+ very helpful staff who provided information about the area and helped me well with transportation to my next destination. + very nice common lounge area with hammocks, couches and an amazing landscape view + nice breakfast

• 17th Feb 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Hostel Plinio. The guys were really helpful. Our son misses Pipa and Luna ;) and we really enjoyed the food especially the tuna steak ;)! Thank you.

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Hungary

I loved this place, but I do have one problem with it. At first they couldn't find my booking at all (seems quite common in Costa Rica). I had booked for 2 nights online, when I arrived I asked if I could stay a third night in a private room. That wasn't a problem, they said. But after the two night it turned out they didn't have a private room for that third night, they forgot to put it in the system. So I had to quickly go and look for another hotel in the area.

• 16th Feb 2014

Stayed at Plinio for 3 nights. The hostel is in a beautiful setting in between Quepos & Manuel Antonio. Staffs are friendly, facility is clean, room is spacious and quiet, breakfast is excellent, restaurant food is cheap & delicious. Good value for money paid. Will stay again if back to CR.

Very convenient for bus or taxi. Lovely pool. Friendly, helpful staff.

• 29th Jan 2014

Very nice hostel, we had an upgrade to a 3 stories room for the same price then a normal room. Owner is very helpful with information about what to do around.

I can't say enough good things about Hostel Plinio. I didn't want to leave! The staff was wonderful and so friendly. They set up our tours and had excellent recommendations. The hostel attracts a great, social crowd of backpackers and travelers. Breakfast is delicious and included. We stayed in a private room with a bathroom and it was huge and clean. It is the perfect beach escape - view of the ocean, hammocks, pool, bar with yummy tropical drinks. And plenty of monkey visitors to boot!

Good hostel. It was on the quiet side but everything was clean and the owners are very friendly. The dorm rooms had plenty of space. Breakfast was good. The one downside was location. You have to take the bus to everything. The bus runs very frequently but it would be nice if there was a grocery store within walking distance. Also the kitchen could use some work.

This was a nice hostel. The staff were really nice. Damian and Rebecca were both exceptionally helpful. It was located very conveniently very near Quepos on the way to Manuel Antonio. Another staff Donna got up very early in the morning to make sure we had a taxi. We had a room for 2 with bathroom that was very spacious. Love that they have a pool since this area is hot so we swam every night. The noise of traffic is consistent and there is not A/C. Water would run out sporadically.

Great place in Manuel Antonio-- staff very helpful in booking a tour guide for the park. Everyone here is very friendly, the rooms clean, and great location close to both Quepos and the beach!

Overall, this was a decent stay. The hostel definitely lends itself to meeting other people, and the bar/pool area were great. Cory runs the place and is a very laid back dude. Unfortunately, when we first arrived, there were some open bed issues, and lots of people were bouncing between dorms, didn't seem very organized. Also, be warned that there is no hot water (at one point no water period for some reason) and the pancakes for breakfast are eh.

View all Manuel Antonio Hostels