Hostel Plinio Reviews

Main Road 50 Meters Before Restaurant Bamboo Jam, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Hostel Plinio was incredible - from the extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff to the awe inspiring view and atmosphere. We had the opportunity to meet an array of poeple travelling from Finland, Germany, Italy, and the states. The hostel has a pool and a fine breakfast everyday free of charge. It was located 5 minutes bus ride from Quepos and 10-15 minutes from Manuel Antonio. Make sure not to hike to the hostel at night from Quepos, for the road is steep and cars drive very. 10/10!!!

• 14th Dec 2014

The hostel was great! We loved the location because it's between quepos and Manuel Antonio. We liked having the option of both. Manuel antonio was great for the day and quepos had a much better night life. It was also very comfortable and we loved the people, they were very chill. The only thing that may make some people think twice is they did not have cold water, but it's warm there so it's not bad!

• 13th Dec 2014

Very clean and the staff was very helpful, thank you so much :-)

Be careful about the hostel.i booked the hostel in advance,but they told me it was full when I just arrived there,because they had sold it to other guest.they said they did not use hostelworld website,some hacker stolen their account.is it ridiculous ?if you do not want to move to another hostel after booking this one,just be far away from this hostel.that is why I give them zero,if the owner has a ugly heart and lies,all the other things worth zero.

Great place, but during the 3 days I spent there, there was no hot shower and no internet.

The only thing next to the hostel is one restaurant and one bus stop, but I guess the point of staying there is being away from any business or noise from the town. Very beautiful space with tropical plants and great view to the Pacific Ocean. Great Staff!

Maybe it was the time of year I was here but there just wasn't much of an atmosphere. Security is reasonable with big lockers that can store a backpack. Layout of the lights in the dorms was utterly confusing, switches in hard to reach location stepping over a set of small steps behind a bunk bed in pitch black is just ridiculous. Plugs are also in a bad location next to the balcony door. I never managed to get hot water out of the shower in 3 days. Staff where friendly though.

I liked the location, out of town, but close. The hostel seemed like it was trying to hard - Bob marley and Jack Johnson playing at all times. The humidity is probably the culprit, but restrooms seemed wet all the time, and were not fun to share. We found a cockroach in there one day and it stayed until the next morning. Breakfasts were very good, you do not get wifi in your room, but have it at the reception area. The best part of the this hostel was the tree house feeling.

Wonderful hostel with an amazing view, friendly staff and good facilities. Totally reccomended!

After a mix up with my booking, I was put into a 3 storey room, which was amazing!! The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the hostel is in a beautiful surrounding.

I loved the atmosphere at this hostel. It has beautiful views of the ocean and the surrounding landscape. One downside is that is located on a road without a sidewalk and it is not safe to walk down the road to explore other local establishments - you should either drive or take the bus.

We loved plinio hostel, such a chilled, beautiful spot! Great pool

• 7th Nov 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. Low season, so it wasn't too busy. The staff was knowledgable, friendly and helpful. Located super close to Manuel Antonio park. Bus stop is right across the street and for barely $1 takes you into Manuel Antonio. There are bars and restaurants all within a reasonable distance. Breakfast was coffee, rice and beans, toast and eggs. It is included in the price so no complaints! Only downfall is the shower water is ice cold! Seriously, cold!

Nice enough hostel but was located on a steep winding road with no sidewalk so walk to get to town was pretty treacherous!

Loved this place! The staff is very friendly and helpful with everything. The hostel has a great atmosphere,a super nice common area to hang out and meet people and a kitchen that is great for cooking. Although the private rooms are quite small and the shared bathrooms do not have hot water, we really enjoyed our stay there and had a great time.

Staff was very accommodating and knowledgable. I happened to be there during the off/rainy season so there were only a few other guests. Lockers in dorm were very large and could easily hold large backpacks, plus some. Beautiful property with lots of whimsical intricacies.

I stayed in a dorm for 2 nights. I was traveling by myself, but easily found things to do and other people in the hostel to hang out with. That said, it was not a party hostel but rather a chill place in the middle of the rainforest, perfect for lying on the hammock under the covered porch as the afternoon rain falls. We ended up meeting one of the owners while he was playing music at Mango Moon. The heart and soul they put into this place is incredible. Only minus was coldish shower water.

• 12th Sep 2014

Had a wonderful stay here. What a beautiful place! Thanks for a great stay!

• 10th Sep 2014

LOVED this hostel! I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!!

• 16th Aug 2014

I loved it there. It felt like a treehouse in the jungle. Nothing's better than falling asleep with all jungle sounds around you. It's a 15 min walk from Quepos, so really easy to go into town and get groceries. The staff was really nice and super knowledgeable. Breakfast was good! It is a very chill place, not really a party scene. Some people were drinking a little bit, but much more of a "relaxing in hammock" atmosphere.

View all Manuel Antonio Hostels