Hostel Plinio Reviews

Main Road 50 Meters Before Restaurant Bamboo Jam, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Three words: grownup tree house. I love this place!!!

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Haiti

Plinio exceded my friend's and I expectations. Its located between Quepos and Manuel Antonio and is located close to the bus stop. Its located in a lush jungle setting with a view of the ocean in the distance. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. They were very accommodating. We booked a mixed dorm room for a 2 night stay but a group also booked for the same night so they upgraded us to a private room without the extra charge. Breakfast and atmosphere is amazing!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • kosison

Great atmosphere at the hostel with very friendly staff. The only down side was the hostel was a bit far from Manuel Antonio itself so you had to take a 10-15 minute bus ride to get into town. Luckily the bus was less than a dollar per ride and ran quite frequently. There is also a bus stop right outside the hostel. Highly recommend staying here though! I had a great time!

We stayed at several hostels in CR and Hostel Plinio was by far my favorite! It really is like a tree house. It was clean, the staff were exceptionally helpful and available, the lounge/lobby area has large fans, wifi, movies, etc. -- all of which make evening time comfortable and pleasant. I traveled there with my son and the pool was a huge hit too. It is a quiet hostel but is fully accessible to all that Manuel Antonio has to offer and is just steps away from the local bus line. It's great!

• 10th Aug 2015

Really nice hostel

I'd def recommend coming to this hostel if you decide to visit the Manuel Antonio area. Staff was very helpful for all of my needs. When you check in, they break down many of the things you can do in Manuel along with specifics on what time to do that particular activity and how to get there. The hostel was super chill and definitively embodied the laid back beach mentality of the area.

• 14th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my stay very much, it is a great hostel that is clean and we'll kept. Just be aware that it is not convenient to walk anywhere. You must bus everywhere which is cheap but stops running at 9pm. Manuel Antonio costs $16 entry fee and is closed on Mondays.

The free breakfast was really good (eggs, rice, beans, fruit), the dorms were cool (had a deck on top to sit out on), but there wasn't much of a social vibe. It was difficult to meet people at the hostel which makes it difficult for solo travelers.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff is very helpful and friendly, and the atmosphere is so relaxed and inviting! The road outside the hostel is pretty busy, so I wouldn't recommend walking up to the beach or into town, but it is very easy to get to Quepos or go up to the beach by taking the bus.

Loved the setting amongst the jungle and the laid back and friendly atmosphere. It had everything you needed and it was easy to get the bus into Manuel Antonio.

What a great place to stay. Is well located, quite, beautiful place. You can even spend the whole day at the hoste4l and you wont get bored. Staff is great, atmosphere absolutely great. Love Hostel Plinio. If I go back to Costa Rica for sure I''l visit this hostel and spend few days.

We had a great stay at Plinio -- it's like living in a treehouse! Pros: Great staff who gave us tips on local beaches. Clean. Great swimming pool! Cons: Yes, it is on the main road, and can be a bit noisy (but it seemed most hotels were not far from the road...). It is not in town, so you pretty much have to go somewhere else to eat or drink -- but it is cheap and easy to get around by bus or taxi (or you can cook your own food). A short walk into Quepos but the road is not too ped-friendly.

The staff were a highlight for me. Every single one of the staff I spoke to were friendly and helpful and provided great directions to little hidden gems around the Quepos region.

I spent my first 3 nights in Costa Rica at the hostel Plinio & fell in love with it. I would have happily stayed longer but it was time to move on. The whole ambiance was charming & I'd be delighted to recommend it to anyone.

• 12th Jun 2015

The hostel is great. The pool is nice and there are of plenty of places to relax. There were some young students that were loud all night, but this is one of the things to be expected at a hostel. The staff are very helpful and kind. Very nice place!

Beautiful hostel! Close to town and like 1 minute from bus stop, the breakfast is a typical Costa Rican meal and you can get as many servings as you want! Really clean and great staff! We enjoyed our time here and we're very impressed!

Really nice place, on the road in between Quepos and Manuel Antonio with bus going from one to the other each 15min (320 colons). Great rooms, but really hot at night. Staff is amazing proposing a lot of activities and helping organize everything, they explain everything you can do when you arrive! Cool commun area with hammocks and sofas, great pool, we totally recommend it!

Our flight delayed our trip so by the time we arrived in MA, we had lost a day on our reservations. Fortunately the owner and staff of Plinio were understanding about it and the stay there lightened our stress. It's a relaxing place with a great view of the Pacific and only a short bus ride ride into the main area of MA. But if you're not in the mood of going out at times, there are a ton of restaurants and sodas that will deliver and the staff will even order for you! Overall, amazing stay.

Cool hostel - feels like a giant treehouse! good vibe, great communal space to hang out. Lovely that it has a pool. Breakfast was good the 2 times I had it. Would recommend

The vibe is really chill, the breakfast is good. The hostel isn't in the best location, but you can get to Quepos or Manuel Antonio by bus for really cheap and really quickly. It's not the cleanest place in the world, but that's what you get in the woods. It also has great views!

View all Manuel Antonio Hostels