Hostel Plinio Reviews

Main Road 50 Meters Before Restaurant Bamboo Jam, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Had a great night there. Staff friendly, rooms where clean. The view of the ocean was great from the top floor. Very open and airy. Would stay again

• 16th Jan 2015

Super friendly and helpful staff, thanks so much for the advice and help with my getting to San Jose and to and from chocolate shop and hostel! Your friends at Golden Frog are great! :)

We are glad we found this place and spent New Years at this hostel. Top ratings for the staff, facilities, breakfast and pool. We had a car, so the proximity to beach/town was never an issue, though the location is out of the way on a busy road. A diving school is connected to the hostel and offers a range of courses. Wifi is limited in the dorms, dorms go a bit stuffy and could use a few more fans. Comfy beds and perfect pool!

We loved staying at plinio, but it was definitely weird that our room did not lock, and therefore we did not need a key to get in.

"Daniel" was a gem for any request or inquiry. The place is beautiful and the pool so refreshing! A great place to meet nice folks from other countries and my daughter and I strongly recommend Plinio Hostel for anyone!! Plan on taking the bus to town, but it's easy! The views are gorgeous, and the owners very friendly and accommodating!

• 25th Dec 2014

Pros: nice atmosphere and pool, monkeys come by, very nice staff, the dorms were very clean and had enough space, the shower was good (there was only one for the dorm though). the internet worked well (but only in the lobby.) Cons: its pretty far away from manuel antonio. you cant walk there so at night, when there's no busses, youre stuck in the hostel (or you pay a lot for taxi). the kitchen was okay.

thanks for a great visit - i will never forget all the help and warmth everyone showed me :) god bless!

Hostel Plinio was incredible - from the extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff to the awe inspiring view and atmosphere. We had the opportunity to meet an array of poeple travelling from Finland, Germany, Italy, and the states. The hostel has a pool and a fine breakfast everyday free of charge. It was located 5 minutes bus ride from Quepos and 10-15 minutes from Manuel Antonio. Make sure not to hike to the hostel at night from Quepos, for the road is steep and cars drive very. 10/10!!!

• 14th Dec 2014

The hostel was great! We loved the location because it's between quepos and Manuel Antonio. We liked having the option of both. Manuel antonio was great for the day and quepos had a much better night life. It was also very comfortable and we loved the people, they were very chill. The only thing that may make some people think twice is they did not have cold water, but it's warm there so it's not bad!

• 13th Dec 2014

Very clean and the staff was very helpful, thank you so much :-)

Great place, but during the 3 days I spent there, there was no hot shower and no internet.

The only thing next to the hostel is one restaurant and one bus stop, but I guess the point of staying there is being away from any business or noise from the town. Very beautiful space with tropical plants and great view to the Pacific Ocean. Great Staff!

Maybe it was the time of year I was here but there just wasn't much of an atmosphere. Security is reasonable with big lockers that can store a backpack. Layout of the lights in the dorms was utterly confusing, switches in hard to reach location stepping over a set of small steps behind a bunk bed in pitch black is just ridiculous. Plugs are also in a bad location next to the balcony door. I never managed to get hot water out of the shower in 3 days. Staff where friendly though.

I liked the location, out of town, but close. The hostel seemed like it was trying to hard - Bob marley and Jack Johnson playing at all times. The humidity is probably the culprit, but restrooms seemed wet all the time, and were not fun to share. We found a cockroach in there one day and it stayed until the next morning. Breakfasts were very good, you do not get wifi in your room, but have it at the reception area. The best part of the this hostel was the tree house feeling.

Wonderful hostel with an amazing view, friendly staff and good facilities. Totally reccomended!

After a mix up with my booking, I was put into a 3 storey room, which was amazing!! The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the hostel is in a beautiful surrounding.

I loved the atmosphere at this hostel. It has beautiful views of the ocean and the surrounding landscape. One downside is that is located on a road without a sidewalk and it is not safe to walk down the road to explore other local establishments - you should either drive or take the bus.

We loved plinio hostel, such a chilled, beautiful spot! Great pool

• 7th Nov 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. Low season, so it wasn't too busy. The staff was knowledgable, friendly and helpful. Located super close to Manuel Antonio park. Bus stop is right across the street and for barely $1 takes you into Manuel Antonio. There are bars and restaurants all within a reasonable distance. Breakfast was coffee, rice and beans, toast and eggs. It is included in the price so no complaints! Only downfall is the shower water is ice cold! Seriously, cold!

Nice enough hostel but was located on a steep winding road with no sidewalk so walk to get to town was pretty treacherous!

View all Manuel Antonio Hostels