Hostel Plinio Reviews

Main Road 50 Meters Before Restaurant Bamboo Jam, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

we were lucky to have the dorm to ourselves! Very nice staff, and sweet wooden house built on a mountainside with lots of hammocks and chillout space! great breakfast, and nice pool! thanks!

• 17th Mar 2015

We found this Hostel on a whim passing through town me and my husband both in our 40's have never stayed at a Hostel and did not even know it was one, it just looked like an amazing tree house hotel, it actually was an amazing tree house, the facility was spotless the host's were knowledgeable about the area and super sweet, breakfast was included and was really good! The vibe of this place is magical we stayed 2 nights then came back on our way out of town for 2 more nights

• 17th Mar 2015

We loved this hostel! Corey and his staff were amazing. The only down side is that they don't have food or drink onsite so you have to into town (10 min either way quepas/Manuel Antonio). Other than that everything was great! So clean too! I think Corey should bring back the restaurant, they would make a killing. We would stay here again ether way :)

• 1st Mar 2015

I had a great time at Hostel Plinio! The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is really laid-back and there are lots of comfortable places to hang out and meet people, including a great pool. It isn't located directly near anything, but the bus is very inexpensive and convenient. I would definitely stay here again!

I have not stayed in a dormitory before and the experience was good. It is a great place that I will recommend to others via facebook and travelocity. Daniel and Rebecca were very helpful and shared information gracefully. The beds were really comfortable. It was great to realize that they also had private rooms as well. The breakfast was excellent and the coffee divine!! Will definitely return.

• 25th Feb 2015

I did not enjoy the beans and rice every morning. This hostel should serve pancakes and fruit like other hostels. After eating the local food over a period of time rice and beans I was tired of. This hostel would do better if they switched to pancakes and fruit. This hostel is not close to other places nearby to eat out. They were good to help you with carry in delivery's of food from nearby restaurant's.

Very nice hostel. The dorm is georgous! Also loved the private swings on the roof. The whole premise is clean and beautiful. It is just a bit tough to get around because you have to use the cheap bus to do so. But I would choose this hostel nevertheless again.

*The staff was really great!!!! They were Super helpful and spoke great English. *This hostel is a little far from the beach but it is really close to a bus stop, which is easy to use. *The room was a little hot because there was no AC, but there were fans.

The staff is amazing. Theyre extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Always willing to help. There's two sweet kitties that can be found sunbathing and chasing geckos. The pool is a plus.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

Very nice and helpfull staff, akways ready helping us to be orientated. Moreover, that's a good place to meet other people, go there!

• 5th Feb 2015

very helpful and accommodating staff, clean, cheap and cheerful, highly recommended

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Poland

Danielle (Daniel) is super friendly and clear explaining to us where to go, what to do, and the hostel rules. His chili sauce (from breakfast) is also crazy good.

• 29th Jan 2015

This is one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at, really lovely swimming pool and communal hang out areas. It's not in quepos centre it's on the road between there and Manuel antionio about 1-2 up a steep hill (not to be attempted with a backpack!) the bus to Manuel antionio goes directly past it it's on the left about 5-10 minutes out of quepos

road noise no where to hang clothes holes in anti mossie netting

Best hostel of our trip so far. Great atmosphere...

Hostel Plinio is a beautiful place. It has stunning wooden verandas where you can appreciate the amazing views of the pacific and very helpful staff. The bus to Manuel Antonio stops just outside making it very convenient for getting to the park. Town (Quepos) is only a 15 minute walk away although it's quite treacherous as there are no pavements - taxis however only cost about $1.90. It's got lots of lovely places to chill out in the evening. Showers very cold but it didn't bother me.

• 22nd Jan 2015

I loved this tree house themed place. You have to take the shuttle bus to get to the beach and park. The ambience of the place is awesome. The pool is very relaxing. The staff was very helpful. I stayed for two nights before heading to montezuma.

Had a great night there. Staff friendly, rooms where clean. The view of the ocean was great from the top floor. Very open and airy. Would stay again

Super friendly and helpful staff, thanks so much for the advice and help with my getting to San Jose and to and from chocolate shop and hostel! Your friends at Golden Frog are great! :)

We are glad we found this place and spent New Years at this hostel. Top ratings for the staff, facilities, breakfast and pool. We had a car, so the proximity to beach/town was never an issue, though the location is out of the way on a busy road. A diving school is connected to the hostel and offers a range of courses. Wifi is limited in the dorms, dorms go a bit stuffy and could use a few more fans. Comfy beds and perfect pool!

View all Manuel Antonio Hostels