Hostel Plinio Reviews

Main Road 50 Meters Before Restaurant Bamboo Jam, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Loved the setting amongst the jungle and the laid back and friendly atmosphere. It had everything you needed and it was easy to get the bus into Manuel Antonio.

What a great place to stay. Is well located, quite, beautiful place. You can even spend the whole day at the hoste4l and you wont get bored. Staff is great, atmosphere absolutely great. Love Hostel Plinio. If I go back to Costa Rica for sure I''l visit this hostel and spend few days.

We had a great stay at Plinio -- it's like living in a treehouse! Pros: Great staff who gave us tips on local beaches. Clean. Great swimming pool! Cons: Yes, it is on the main road, and can be a bit noisy (but it seemed most hotels were not far from the road...). It is not in town, so you pretty much have to go somewhere else to eat or drink -- but it is cheap and easy to get around by bus or taxi (or you can cook your own food). A short walk into Quepos but the road is not too ped-friendly.

The staff were a highlight for me. Every single one of the staff I spoke to were friendly and helpful and provided great directions to little hidden gems around the Quepos region.

I spent my first 3 nights in Costa Rica at the hostel Plinio & fell in love with it. I would have happily stayed longer but it was time to move on. The whole ambiance was charming & I'd be delighted to recommend it to anyone.

• 12th Jun 2015

The hostel is great. The pool is nice and there are of plenty of places to relax. There were some young students that were loud all night, but this is one of the things to be expected at a hostel. The staff are very helpful and kind. Very nice place!

Beautiful hostel! Close to town and like 1 minute from bus stop, the breakfast is a typical Costa Rican meal and you can get as many servings as you want! Really clean and great staff! We enjoyed our time here and we're very impressed!

Really nice place, on the road in between Quepos and Manuel Antonio with bus going from one to the other each 15min (320 colons). Great rooms, but really hot at night. Staff is amazing proposing a lot of activities and helping organize everything, they explain everything you can do when you arrive! Cool commun area with hammocks and sofas, great pool, we totally recommend it!

Our flight delayed our trip so by the time we arrived in MA, we had lost a day on our reservations. Fortunately the owner and staff of Plinio were understanding about it and the stay there lightened our stress. It's a relaxing place with a great view of the Pacific and only a short bus ride ride into the main area of MA. But if you're not in the mood of going out at times, there are a ton of restaurants and sodas that will deliver and the staff will even order for you! Overall, amazing stay.

Cool hostel - feels like a giant treehouse! good vibe, great communal space to hang out. Lovely that it has a pool. Breakfast was good the 2 times I had it. Would recommend

The vibe is really chill, the breakfast is good. The hostel isn't in the best location, but you can get to Quepos or Manuel Antonio by bus for really cheap and really quickly. It's not the cleanest place in the world, but that's what you get in the woods. It also has great views!

The harmony with the nature is incredible is what makes special to this hostel, the breakfast included is good, the price is fair enough and the staff is awesome. I will recommend the hostel to clean or renew a little the bathroom next to the staff kitchen that downgrades the place.

Absolutely beautiful hostel with hammocks and even swings a plenty! Dorms are very spacious and affordable. Great location, short walk to Quepos or bus ride to Manual Antonio. Very safe area. Staff is very nice :)

Amazing hostel! It's so beautiful and it has everything you need! Great staff as well, explained everything we need to know and really good ideas of things to do around. Well done!!

For the amount of people staying there, the facilities in the kitchen is not enough. Another stove would be good and maybe a blender to do smoothies is always a nice extra touch. Staff is excellent and breakfast included was really good!!

• 13th Apr 2015

Near the road so very noisy during the night! Good staff and very clean!

• 12th Apr 2015

Everything was good, I really enyoyed this place. The only things I can report to improve are: - swimming pool needs care - wifi is working only in the lobby - no bread for breakfast Very friendly place.

• 7th Apr 2015

We had a great stay here! The location is perfect for visiting Manuel Antonio! The pool is actually big and deep:)) The staff were awesome helping us in any way possible! If your wondering about Staying Somewhere in the area than stay here

Private room has windows directly to the public area with curtains that now open frequently.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Amazing hostel! The best hostel I've stayed at in Costa Rica!! Really nice dorms, that aren't cramped and with comfortable beds. There is also a really nice hang out area, with couches, tables and hammocks, where you also eat the breakfast that is included in the price! Excellent value for money!

« first « Prev 1 2 3