Hostel Plinio Reviews

Main Road 50 Meters Before Restaurant Bamboo Jam, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Staff was very accommodating and knowledgable. I happened to be there during the off/rainy season so there were only a few other guests. Lockers in dorm were very large and could easily hold large backpacks, plus some. Beautiful property with lots of whimsical intricacies.

I stayed in a dorm for 2 nights. I was traveling by myself, but easily found things to do and other people in the hostel to hang out with. That said, it was not a party hostel but rather a chill place in the middle of the rainforest, perfect for lying on the hammock under the covered porch as the afternoon rain falls. We ended up meeting one of the owners while he was playing music at Mango Moon. The heart and soul they put into this place is incredible. Only minus was coldish shower water.

• 12th Sep 2014

Had a wonderful stay here. What a beautiful place! Thanks for a great stay!

• 10th Sep 2014

LOVED this hostel! I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!!

• 16th Aug 2014

I loved it there. It felt like a treehouse in the jungle. Nothing's better than falling asleep with all jungle sounds around you. It's a 15 min walk from Quepos, so really easy to go into town and get groceries. The staff was really nice and super knowledgeable. Breakfast was good! It is a very chill place, not really a party scene. Some people were drinking a little bit, but much more of a "relaxing in hammock" atmosphere.

It does have nice views. It is much closer to Quepos than the beach, and there is a lot of road noise.

• 24th Jul 2014

Plinio is the most amazing hostel I've ever seen the world over. The building, set into the trees and mountainside is unbelievable, and the breakfast and staff are awesome.

• 30th Jun 2014

We LOVED this hostel. My favorite in the whole country! The atmosphere is amazing, like a tree house in the jungle. The common areas are perfect to meet new people or relax in a hammock, and the staff seriously went above and beyond to help us out when we had issues finding transportation, etc. Super friendly, always there to help- basically this is what a hostel should be! Highly recommended! WiFi doesn't reach the rooms and geckos were on our bed, but its all part of the experience!

Although a bus ride away from the beach, Plinio is nicely set between Quepos and Manuel Antonio. The staff is fantastic, especially Donna and Cory, who will not hesitate to offer great local recommendations and explain the bus route, or schedule tours or anything else you may need. If you are lucky, you'll meet the owner and maybe even see him play live music at a local establishment. The rooms are awesome, but expect the company of geckos and the occasional beetle. Great place!

We LOVED our stay at Hostel Plinio. The hostel really feels like a mini-resort getaway. We were in one of the standard private rooms with an ocean view. The vibe is welcoming but many guests kept to themselves. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. They offered lots of suggestions for places to go and eat. The hostel is a short ten minute walk into Quepos and the bus stop is right across the street to get to the beaches. Plinio is highly recommended. I would definitely stay again.

Nice laid back vibe at the hostel.

We stayed here for two nights and we would definitely go back! Its beautiful here. There are tons of hammocks everywhere, swings on the top floor of your room, a pool, a place to chill with wifi, and a kitchen area so you inevitably meet a bunch of people from around the world. One night, the owners put Harry potter on for us on a projector on the porch. They were very accommodating, friendly and helpful with suggestions for surf spots and things to do. I highly recommend this place!

The breakfast isn't really a breakfast, just bread and butter on a big plastic container for all the guests. The sheets and towels were very dirty.

• 5th May 2014
  • Israel

Kitchen needs to be cleaner. Pool was closed during our whole 3 day stay - first two days for cleaning, third day for diving exam. Good location, bus stop just outside.

The night started off quite good, clean room with linen, but we had a very noisy group above us. They seemed to have been running and jumping in their room way past 10.00pm. My husband leapt off the bed thinking that someone was in trouble. We did not get to sleep until they went out. (maybe after 12.00) My son stayed in another of the shared rooms and when we returned from dinner his sheet and pillow case were missing and all the other occupants from his room were fast asleep.

I stayed at Plinio for 5 nights in April. I really liked this hostel, it has a nice relaxed vibe. Loved the setting, enjoyed chilling in the hammocks and by the pool. Breakfast is simple (bread, jam, coffee & various fruit) but good. Hostel's located closer to Quepos than to the beaches of Manuel Antonio, but this isn't an issue as the busses are frequent (besides, everything in MA is spread out along the long windy road, so wherever you stay or eat, you'll probably have to catch the bus)

View all Manuel Antonio Hostels