Hostel Plinio

Fabulous 852 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 852 Total Reviews

7th Jul 2017

Dope look and feel. I stayed in the 9 bed dorm and was satisfied. Big, open, and relaxing common area. Good location. Restaraunt was very convenient and the pizza was good. Great drink specials. Free breakfast hit the spot. Staff were very helpful and nice

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
7th Jul 2017

Really nice hostel with friendly staff and really good facilities. It was a walk/ bus ride from the nearest town but the stop was right outside so this didn't really matter. would definately recommend staying here.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
6th Jul 2017
6.0

Pros: located near bus stop, helpful staff, free breakfast, cool treehouse atmosphere Cons: wifi is only by the front desk, not in rooms, pool, or restaurant. The rooms only have screen windows- no glass- so it is very loud. The private rooms share a bathroom with the dorm. Located in between Quepos and Manuel Antonio but not really walkable to either.

• USA, Female, 31-40
5th Jul 2017

I stayed at the B&B portion of this hostel and thought it was fantastic!! I was looking for peace and quiet with a beautiful setting and that is exactly what I got! The room was clean and spacious. And secure-there was a lock on the door and the main area. I've grown out of the 'party' hostel era and this was an excellent compromise. I got the perks of a hostel, communal spaces, helpful staff, pool, restaurant, but the ability to also enjoy solitude. Highly recommend!

3rd Jul 2017
7.4

Great staff and location. But room was gross, the matress specifically. The mattress looked used and abused, very dirty. And the only reason this was noticed was because the sheets refused to stay on the bed. Woke up multiple times during the night feeling gross because I was laying on the mattress instead of the sheet. They should invest in some fitted sheets. Other than that, an okay stay.

Thank you for your review and for bringing the sheet problem to our attention. We have looked at the mattress on which you stayed and have replaced it and are currently in the process of purchasing new sheets. Next time please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your stay, Pura Vida.

29th Jun 2017
6.6

Stayed in the bed and breakfast and we were the only ones there for the first two nights. It was nice to have space and quiet, but it felt a little too isolated for us at night (no reception on site, only down the street at the hostel). The hostel is just far enough away from the b&b (especially since we were there during the rainy season) that we never actually ended up using the amenities there, but it is a cool space. Breakfast was really great. Overall not disappointed but also not wowed.

• England, Female, 18-24
26th Jun 2017

I enjoyed my stay here the rooms are really nice and its so quiet which was a bonus. There are enough fans that the rooms arent too hot and the bathrooms and rooms were clean. The social spaces were really nice too, and the free breakfast was great! The kitchen was useful but wasn't that clean and the whole swimming pool area desperately needed cleaning but this didnt really impact my overall experienceThe staff were all really helpful. I would definitely stay again its 100% value for money!

25th Jun 2017

Great relaxed vibe here. The free breakfast was a wonderful start to the day of exploration. My parents joined me for a few weeks during my trip and they too enjoyed it.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2017
7.4

The pool was nice, but very slimy and green and needs a good scrub. The location is nice, decent distance to Quepos (little city) or Manuel Antonio. The dorm room was great, nice big lockers and comfy beds with lots of fans since it is very humid. The bathroom was a mess and did not have any water one of the days, just a trickle which was gross because I wanted to shower after a long beach day. Some of the staff really helpful, some indifferent. Met some cool people & two for one drinks there

• USA, Female, 41+
12th Jun 2017

The staff were all friendly, kind and helpful!! The facilities were perfect, private and everything was clean. I would highly recommend it and I would stay there again in a heart beat!!!