Hostel Porto do Sol Reviews

Rua Mariante, 958, Porto Alegre, Brazil

Although the weather was freezing cold and rainy (which the hostel cannot help) the lack of any sort of heating in the place made it impossible to stay in. I repeatedly told the staff we were cold but they insisted on leaving doors and windows open making it very very uncomfortable. . Rooms were ok, very clean, but nothing much to this hostel. Also having the mens bathroom outside is ridicolous, its a long walk from the bedrooms to the bathroom and in winter itd be freezing to have a shower!

A comfortable hostel. Was a bit unlucky with rude inconsiderate roommates, so didn't get much sleep - but that's just my stay, not the hostel. Good facilities, wifi, etc, fairly comfortable beds, a friendly atmosphere, and a good location make this a decent place to stay. Staff are very friendly, though if you don't speak Portuguese or Spanish, it could be difficult for you. Sure you'd get by, though - they're friendly and helpful regardless, and I witnessed non-native speakers doing alright!

Atmosphere was extremely awkward - just a bunch of older people who couldn't afford hotels in the city, so they went there to save money. Beds were really comfortable. I was there during low season, so can't tell how the peak season is like.

Excellent place to stay.

The staff was really kind, but other than that, this hostel does not stand out in any other way. Rooms could be cleaner and are somewhat noisy because of the proximity to the street.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Colombia
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This is my second time staying here. I like it very much.

Thanks, Its a pleasure to have you with us!! Best Regards Caroline

I chose this hostel as the only 1 with directions from bus station! Nice, basic hostel. Great for Spanish/ Portuguese speakers but not for English speakers/ Europeans as you will be poss the only one... Staff are nice enough. There's one non-English speaker (fair enough, it's brazil, just a slight shock as this was the first time for me) but she tried very hard to help and looked up words. Location okay-walkable (15 mins to party area; 30 to touristy). Nice free dinner my first night!

View all Porto Alegre Hostels