Hostel Porto do Sol Reviews

Rua Mariante, 958, Porto Alegre, Brazil

I chose this hostel as the only 1 with directions from bus station! Nice, basic hostel. Great for Spanish/ Portuguese speakers but not for English speakers/ Europeans as you will be poss the only one... Staff are nice enough. There's one non-English speaker (fair enough, it's brazil, just a slight shock as this was the first time for me) but she tried very hard to help and looked up words. Location okay-walkable (15 mins to party area; 30 to touristy). Nice free dinner my first night!

Caroline is vry nice, but the woman that works at night isn't,

A nice place to stay !

Good place, easy to get to, a little far from the city center but for the price we couldn´t complain

The staff was super nice and helpful. They lent us umbrellas, because we didn't bring any. The breakfast was great. Every day fresh fruits. The bathrooms could be a bit bigger, but they were clean. There is not much water coming out of the shower, but also not a big deal!! There are supermarkets and bus stations nearby! In total a great place to stay and I would definitely stay there again!

The staff was friendly enough and the bed was comfortable but the bathrooms were tiny and a bit awkward to use. The hostel was clean but somehow looked like it wasn't. Definitely only a hostel for a short stopover on your way somewhere else.

I was only on a stop over in Porto Alegre before heading to Montevideo so only had one night here, but the rooms were very noisy as the hostel is on the main road, they had all the windows open throughout the hostel which made it very cold. Breakfast was ok and location close to the bus station which is good. The owner and hostel workers were very friendly and helpful.

The service is excellent. Fresh fruit and fresh-baked bread are for breakfast. The owner couple are very friendly. One day I asked the wife where she got the bread. She told me her mother baked it. I asked for the recipe. The next day her mother came to the hostel before she went to work to show me how to bake the bread step by step.

Thank you for your welcom ! It was a great stay.

This place is fine if you just stay there for one night while heading elsewhere. There is nothing going one in that hostel but the place is clean so perfect for having a travelling break.

I had problems with my locker keys, other than that a good value for money.

Hostel was nice, the rooms were hot and stuffy. The wifi is good and there is a kitchen to use The big negative point for myself was the bathroom, it was extremely cramped. It´s ok for a stop over.

Hostel Porto do Sol is excellent value for money. The hostel is based very close to the centre and is walking distance to most of the cities main attractions. The staff are very helpful and relaxed. The facilities are good with warm showers, pull table, outside bbq and friendly house cat. I have a very relaxing stay and made lots of new friends. Thanks for everything!

Thanks James. Hope you are fine. Have a good time and see you. Regards Carol, Thiago, João, Ariane and Nathalia.

I wish this hostel had more bathrooms. One thing inconvenient about the hostel is that the men's bathrooms are only downstairs, even though most of the bed spaces are on the second floor. Getting to the toilet and showers always proved a bit of a trek. The included breakfast was average--breads, granolas, coffe, yogurts, and mate, a signature of Brazil's deep South. They could use serving a bit more protein, like eggs, with the breakfast, even if this meant charging just slightly more per night

• 7th Apr 2012

The hostel location isn't one of the best things and the men's bathroom is just on the first floor, although their friendly and helpful staff together compensates tha negative points!

Nice hostel set-up, my only concern with security would be the fact you give everyone a key to the door. This could be easily copied or if the key is lost or stolen, anyone has access to the hostel. Something to consider.

Thanks for your stayin and review. Just to clarify, we give the key to the first gate, but not to the other one that we close at late night and only our overnight staff can open to our guests. But anyway we´ll think about it.. Best regards. Thiago

I have nothing bad to say about this hostel, and I'm hard to please! There's a great atmosphere and vibe here, the staff are great, very friendly and helpful, and it's in a great location, at a walking distance from some of the main bars. Apart from that, the hostel is clean, and the breakfast is pretty damn nice!

Only stayed a night, but I remember it as a good place. Got a ride to the airport from one of the staff really early in the morning... that was great!

One of the best hostel I ever stay in hostelworld group. Nice people, good information, friendly and easy to get around with the regular price of what you paid for.

The place is well located, the atmosphere is great, I had a very good time. Recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3