Hostel Posillipo Reviews

Besarina �ikma, No.5, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

We stayed in a seperate building up the hill from the main hostel, 5 minutes walk. Room was quite spacious, clean and tidy, bathroom close by. We didnt see anything of the hostel itself- when we arrived at about 10pm, the owner was asleep in the front office and we had to phone him to get in, and the following day this office was locked when we wanted to leave bags there. In fairness he drove us up the hill to our room the first night but was nowhere to be found afterwards. Great location though

De owner was drunk about 90% of the time. Which was equally uncomfortable as it was hilarious. When we arrived at 5pm, he didn't have the room ready. However, after a bit of a push he went to clean it and everything was in order. This being said, the rest of our stay was quite spotless. Its a small hostel with cheap private rooms and good location. Not really the most social hostel, but it can be a nice change from staying at the busier hostels from time to time.

Great location, not even 5 minutes from the main central area of the city. The room was very comfy with lots of space, and a private bathroom. Not the best place for meeting new people since the hostel comprises of only 4 rooms. The owner was very friendly and did not make a hassle about our late check out.

Excellent. The owner was lovely. Especially great (and affordable) for solo travelers looking for a bit more privacy than a dorm room. Location couldn't be better.

Me and my boyfriend rested there for 2 nights, we had a big room for 4 people only in two, with the bathroom inside, was excellent to be there, THE POSITION IS PERFECT, the personal is very kind and every morning they organize a fantastic tour in sarajevo's important places (far on foot) for 40 mk (20 euros) WE RECCOMAND IT A LOT! :) :) :)

• 19th Jul 2014

We were taken across the road to what appeared to be a sister hostel however it was fantastic! The location was right in the centre and our room on the top floor was connected to a lovely common room with a stunning view out over the old town. Wifi was good. The shops and restaurants were seconds away, the location couldnt have been more perfect.

very friendly stuff and nice atmosphere. located in the very center of the city. clean place and reasonable prices. very recommendable.

• 24th Jun 2014

Really good hostel at the centre of the historical old town in the city of Sarajevo. All the important landmarks are within walkable distance. It's also close to all sorts of facilities like restaurants, tourist information centre, medical shops and things of general use. Hostel itself has good level of facilities, is clean, has comfortable beds, is safe and most importantly people are warm and ready to help. They were also helpful for me to organize my tour in Sarajevo. It's worthy of a visit.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • India

What can I say about it, a place where I stayed two times in Sarajevo and had the best time? Probably that I wish I was there also during my first trip to Sarajevo. The owners are absolutely amazing. Skender and his father are one of the most welcoming people you can find and one of the reasons I kept coming back to Sarajevo is them. The location is perfect, the beds are really confortable, it is very clean and the staff is helpfull. It's a shame I cannot write more...you were, again, the best!!

Great location and great and very friendly staff. Would definitely reccomed. The rooms vere clean and great for price payed.

Turned up at the hostel but found we were staying in apartments 10 mins away. Wasn't bad though and think this is normal for Sarajevo as there aren't many traditional backpacker type hostels.

the hostel is in a great position, it is clean and friendly, but...I do not recommend if you are traveling by car

We stayed in a different appartment three minutes away from the hostel. Both places are right in the city center. We booked a six bed dorm but received a double room which was great but there was no kitchen to use. Staff was friendly but not very helpful.

We've been to hostel Posillipo for the second time in 4 years and it was perfect as the first time. Very gently staff, speaking a good english, large room and bathroom with the best shower of the entire balcan region. In a wonderful position, just outside Bascarsija, two minutes by feet from the National Library and the Sebilj square.

Staff were so helpful couldn't meet nicer people . Tours organised by hostel were also excellent .

• 31st Jul 2013

Very good location . Staff spoke poor English and was not very helpful with recomendations of places to visit /restaurants . No towels provided, no water in the hostel after midnight .

Guys at Posillipo are the greatest. Last time I visited Sarajevo I stayed in another hostel and I regret it cause here I was treated really really weel. The location is the best, but also the shower, the room...everything was perfect! I thank you guys a lot for the great time I had there! Skender, you are the best!

This hostel is right in the Old City, just minutes from many of the sights. It was a challenge to find by car, so we followed the instructions on foot and found it. We were able to park on site.

booked a cheap twin private and got an almost luxury apartment with own bathroom, a little kitchen, a pc with internet connection - everything neat and new. the owner and his family were really nice, helping with whatever they could (calling agencies for ferry schedules etc.). we liked the location: not inmidst the tourist-packed old town, but a 10 minutes (scenic) walk from there. absolutely enjoyable and incredible value for money!

The hostel is right in the old town so it has a beautiful location. Staff are very helpful and friendly and the rooms were spotless. Excellent hostel!

• 31st Aug 2012