Hostel Possonium Reviews

Sancova 20, Bratislava, Slovakia

About a 15 minute walk from the centre, so it's slightly out of the way but I wouldn't really say it was a problem. Staff were really kind and friendly - the best hostel staff of my travels. Rooms were clean, bathrooms could have been cleaner but , again, nothing really to worry about. Cool bar downstairs; cats hanging around in the garden, all was peaceful!

We are trying our best and I think our guest can say so :) Thank you for you recommodation, about the bathrooms we will improve it the best we can!

Possonium was fine but don't expect great things. To be fair, I was there in the middle of low season but there was zero atmosphere, I had some odd roommates (can't blame them for that). The ensuite had a very strong mildewy smell, rooms were very dingy and musty - I think it was all technically hygienic and clean though. Kitchen, washing facilities all available and towels were free. They also offered a free drink at their bar. The experience was fine, but more like a one night stop over.

Couldn't have asked go stay at a better hostel. The location is a good distance from the main train station and bus station, it is also a short wall from Old town which is great! We had out own private en suite which was cosy and warm [you have your own heating]. The staff were really helpful in guding us to the best places to go

• 13th Jan 2016

Thanks for your rating and we hope to see you sometime again! :)

This hostel is one of best I ever been. Stuff is very friendly and help us with all issues we had. I do recommend this hostel.

Thank you very much! We are happy that you liked your stay at our hostel, it motivates us a lot :)

The best hotel I have seen so far. Medium price and maximum comfort. Clean and nice rooms with wooden beds and there is a locker for every bed. A beautiful garden for smoking and a kitchen for free use. If you wanna wash clothes machine is free to use and dryer is also free of charge. Very high sped internet. Towels, sheets and pillow covers provided free of charge. From Main Railway Station it is just 5 minutes walk and to/from Airport Bus 61 stop is just in front of this hostel.

Thank you for your rating. Positive ratings like this make us try even harder to please all good guests like you ;) Hope to see you again sometime!

I just can't even start... I'll start off with the Staff, really friendly willing to help you out all the time. They even left me make an international call FOR FREE! The hostel is close to the main trail station (5 minutes by walking more or less). They also offer you welcome drink... Inside the hostel you can find an awesome bar to hang out with others travelers and get to meet people from everywhere. Very nice play to stay, very centric and cheap. What can I say? Just amazing!

Thanks for your rating! We are glad you liked our bar. You must come also during summer when the weather is better and our bar in the garden is open and you can order lemonades and pet our cats ;)

Best hostel ever!

• 30th Dec 2015

The hostel was not clean enough and there was constantly noise throughout the night as everyone seemed to gather outside the rooms as opposed to the bar. Bring your ear plugs! Also only one of the showers worked properly so this was one shower between approximately 15 people! Location is excellent for train station but a 15 minute walk to the old town where basically everything is. The kitchen seemed well equipped however we never had a chance to use it.

• 30th Dec 2015

Your booking was accros the New Year's Eve, party everywher is standard for this time... We have 6 fully equipped bathrooms for 42 guests, it means 7 person per bathroom, nobody had problems with showers, nobody informed us and we controled all facilities after check out the groups and everything were ok.

Friendly and understanding staff; great hostel

• 30th Dec 2015

Hello. Thanks a lot, hope to see you around sometime soon again :)

Hostel Possonium has by far been one of my favorite hostels. The staff was incredible. Helpful, kind, funny! I felt at ease while staying here. To be completely honest the beds are not ideal on comfort, but they aren't a deal breaker. The bar underground has insanely cheap prices on drinks and good service. Just a 10 min walk from old town, you're sure to see plenty of the sights! Would definitely go back if I ever have the chance. Thank you!!

Thank you for your kind words :) We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will visit us again.

Everything was great thank you very much!

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Turkey

You are welcome. Hope to see you again!

The were great and friendly, it was quiet over Christmas in Bratislava but I had a great time. The bar is cheap and fun, there's a kitchen with you need, the rooms and beds were all good, free towels are so handy and walking distance of everything you need!

Thank you for a great review! You should visit us during high season to see how Bratislava can look like ;)

The staff was great, nice kitchen, room was ok, what more could you ask from backpackers hostel? really high recommended. Period.

Hostel tries a bit to be a party hostel. The free laundry was epic and there was no power outlets and no common room

Thank you for your stay in our hostel. We have small place around reception with 4 power outlets, also in 6 of 8 rooms is power socket and lamp next all beds, in few weeks it will be everywhere, we promise ;) Our guest using our bar like common room, also our garden in spring and summer time.

Nice hostel , very helpful and kind staff, room and toilet ok, location nearby train station.

Close to train station but, that's about it. Not much near Hostel, did not feel safe around hostel, especially at night. The staff was so nice and helpful. Had a nice kitchen too. The two cats they have are very friendly and adorable.

We are sorry that you felt unsafe, but actually Bratislava is considered to be a safe city and in case of need when any of our guests have some doubts about their safety, we offer to call a cab from the reception desk for the lowest price available.

Possonium was a really cool place to stay! There weren't many people there, but the atmosphere was still really great! The staff there are really lovely, especially Dienna, she helped me out and offered some good advice about the city! Would definitely recommend staying here!

Hi Will, thanks a lot :) Hope to see you again during the high season, when there are more people and parties down at the bar.

Stayed one night in winter in a private room. Didn't actually meet anyone else. Staff were great, recommended an awesome restaurant in town. Little bit of a walk into town but nice and close to the train station

Easy to find and a brilliant location. Kitchen is one of the best equipped kitchens I've seen in hostels. Rooms seem small but you have your own private and lockable locker, that are quite big so that's useful.

Thank you for review, but when is brilliant location 60% how do you call location for 100%? ;)

Next to the bus/train station but a bit far from the city center, full kitchen, bar downstairs, nice staff, big lockers, big enough beds, garden.