Hostel Possonium Reviews

Sancova 20, Bratislava, Slovakia

Staff was super friendly and always willing to answer questions. Rooms were nice and spacious and had big lockers that locked which is always a plus. Location is the worst part of it. It's away from the historic part of downtown and difficult to try and catch a bus up there. Usually took about 30 minutes to walk down to the historic part of town.

Pretty decent hostel for the price! The rooms were slightly too dim, but other than that it was pretty good.

The hostel is close to the train station which is great and about 15 minutes walking from the center, which also was ok for me. The staff was nice and helpful and the rooms clean. I also appreciated having an outlet right by every bed. On the negative side having only one bathroom for 6 people was a bit of an issue. At night it was a bit loud, not sure if it came from another room or the front desk, but without my earplugs I would have been quite unhappy. Overall I'd recommend Possonium, though!

Cool bar in the basement. Nice staff fun city.

Decent enough hostel. About a 15 min walk from the town center, which isnt bad but im sure there are closer ones. The staff was very friendly and they had a fun bar. Lots of locals to talk to and hang out with.

We notified them that we would arrived late (after 11 pm). When we got there our room was cold because the radiator had been switched off during the whole day. At that time the central heating was off for the night and we could not get any heating. We needed to ask for extra duvets, which they provided. It would be nice to have this into account when guests notify in advance they will arrive late.

Very good

Had a good night there, although there was a bloodmark on my sheet and the door from the "Finland" room was smashed so it was a bit of a hassle to open this. Staff was very friendly and the football table downstairs was nice. Could get a little bit hot in there, that's all.

• 28th Mar 2015

HI, thank you for your review. Door was smashed only for one day, it is repaired yet. Also if you had some problems with sheet, our receptionists are there for you 24 hours and they could changed it, just don't worry ask them ;)

I have stayed in over 100 hostels and this might be my favorite. The staff were all people you would want to hang out with. I wanted to put Sylvia in my suitcase and take her home with me. Michael from San Francisco

• 28th Mar 2015

The bathroom situation doesn't work - having the shower in with the toilets means waiting 40 minutes in the morning just to go to the toilet - not fun! Staff were ncie and helpful.

• 28th Mar 2015

We have 8 restrooms for 48 persons which is a lot more than standard in hostels. Of course it may happen that there is a little traffic-jam in the morning, but 40min waiting sounds to me a bit overdone.

Nice and comfortable hostel near the train station. You can walk to the old town and the danube river. Staff is really nice and helpful, a lot of facilities. Really good price value.

We are very happy that you´ve liked to stay with us. Thank you!

nice and big bathrooms, excellent location

Thanx for your time, we hope to see you next time...

There is a bar under the hostel and I could hear the loud music from my room, so it was hard to sleep. The beds are old and make a lot of noise. Actuality, the hostel seems to be old. it's not the worse, but for the price you could find something better. At least it was pretty close to the train station.

• 13th Jan 2015

We are sorry that you´ve been disturbed by the music, but all you needed to do was to ask on the reception and the bartender would turn the volume down. When you come to visit us next time (we hope so) there will be a nice surprise - we have just finished with the renovation of all our beds, so there are no noises anymore...

Very close to train station and can walk to old town. Friendly and helpful staff. Bar downstairs and good atmosphere.

Very good! Cool bar with cheap bier!!

Our bar is legendary! Thank you very much!!

Great hostel. It has everything you could ask for in a hostel. Great staff, clean, bar in basement, and a kitchen. Really happy I chose this hostel!

It is a hostel located just blocked away from the main railway station (but not the old town), it is a walk of about 20 minutes to the city center. It is quite convenient for me as I need to stick to railway station due to my itinerary. Everything is quite nice but it may not be a good choice for party animals as it's quite far away from those areas. The rooms has good security which they provide the keys to lock the stuffs in the locker. The Wi-Fi has also good coverage.

Thank you very much for your nice review. Only 2 things we can´t agree with: To walk to the historical part is never more than 15 min. even if you walk veeeery slowly. For "party animals" we have our own fully equipped hardcore bar in the basement. Also there are 4 pubs/clubs just 3 min down the street.

This hostel is great. Value for money and nice staff are main reasons of my satisfaction :-) And bar in the basement with horror spirit is awesome.

Thanks a lot, hopefully we see you again...

Not just a great hostel but a great place to chat to and meet locals. The bar seems to have locals that come for just a drink every other night, really nice place, nice helpful staff with lots of info about the city, maps, train and bus schedules readily available

• 24th Oct 2014