Hostel Possonium Reviews

Sancova 20, Bratislava, Slovakia

Nice hostel and near station. Lovely outdoor area too. Beds quite uncomfortable but nothing a traveller can't get over. 15 minutes walk into the old town.

It was odd.

Great hostel and facilities, right next to the train station, short walk into town but wouldn't like to do alone at night. Great onsight bar, bathroom in each room, free laundrylaundry, very.helpful staff. Can't fault the hostel only issue was it was a bit quiet so not as good for solo travellers but would highly recommend for groups.

One staff was very helpful the other was clueless and his girlfriend was there the whole night kissing him so that was awkward. Didn't go to the common area so not sure of the vibe but there was a wide mix of ages. Far from city center but close to train. Good wifi. Free drink.

Its a little bit far way from the old city, but you can walk or take a bus, its not a big deal. The staffs are very very friendly and helpful.

I stayed in this hostel for the second time now and would never ever go to any other hostel in Bratislava!! The party room in the basement is just awesome, where staff really makes party with you all night - never even made it to the city nightlife after I got into the basement :D and never even regret it! Also the bar in the garden is just convenient and great! Staff would do everything for you!!

Really friendly on arrival and very helpful - makes such a difference. Really cool that they twinned with Refresh is town for cheaper food and drinks. On site bar which was pretty quiet but nice to have. Also nicely decorated!super close to the station and a short walk to the city.

Martin was the best staff ever! He welcomed us very well. Good wifi and location.

the reception staff was really Nice!! but everything was smelly, showers dirty and Rooms were dirty too. maybe it was Just bad Luck but I'll never go Back.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We had a talk to our chamber-maid, so I´m sure she will take more care about that, even though by a fully booked hostel it might happen that not everything is perfect. Anyway we´re trying our best, but surely in a full 10-bed dorm there is never a nice smell in the morning... Maybe you´ll take a smaller dorm in the future.

A very good hostel in Bratislava. Simple, Cheap, and clean.

I only stayed here for one night and I felt that the hostel was very conveniently located near the train station and the bus stop to the airport. Walking to the old town for 15 mins wasn't a problem to me at all.

Staff was super friendly and always willing to answer questions. Rooms were nice and spacious and had big lockers that locked which is always a plus. Location is the worst part of it. It's away from the historic part of downtown and difficult to try and catch a bus up there. Usually took about 30 minutes to walk down to the historic part of town.

Pretty decent hostel for the price! The rooms were slightly too dim, but other than that it was pretty good.

The hostel is close to the train station which is great and about 15 minutes walking from the center, which also was ok for me. The staff was nice and helpful and the rooms clean. I also appreciated having an outlet right by every bed. On the negative side having only one bathroom for 6 people was a bit of an issue. At night it was a bit loud, not sure if it came from another room or the front desk, but without my earplugs I would have been quite unhappy. Overall I'd recommend Possonium, though!

Cool bar in the basement. Nice staff fun city.

Decent enough hostel. About a 15 min walk from the town center, which isnt bad but im sure there are closer ones. The staff was very friendly and they had a fun bar. Lots of locals to talk to and hang out with.

We notified them that we would arrived late (after 11 pm). When we got there our room was cold because the radiator had been switched off during the whole day. At that time the central heating was off for the night and we could not get any heating. We needed to ask for extra duvets, which they provided. It would be nice to have this into account when guests notify in advance they will arrive late.

Very good

Had a good night there, although there was a bloodmark on my sheet and the door from the "Finland" room was smashed so it was a bit of a hassle to open this. Staff was very friendly and the football table downstairs was nice. Could get a little bit hot in there, that's all.

• 28th Mar 2015

HI, thank you for your review. Door was smashed only for one day, it is repaired yet. Also if you had some problems with sheet, our receptionists are there for you 24 hours and they could changed it, just don't worry ask them ;)

I have stayed in over 100 hostels and this might be my favorite. The staff were all people you would want to hang out with. I wanted to put Sylvia in my suitcase and take her home with me. Michael from San Francisco

• 28th Mar 2015