Hostel Possonium Reviews

Sancova 20, Bratislava, Slovakia

There is a bar under the hostel and I could hear the loud music from my room, so it was hard to sleep. The beds are old and make a lot of noise. Actuality, the hostel seems to be old. it's not the worse, but for the price you could find something better. At least it was pretty close to the train station.

• 13th Jan 2015

We are sorry that you´ve been disturbed by the music, but all you needed to do was to ask on the reception and the bartender would turn the volume down. When you come to visit us next time (we hope so) there will be a nice surprise - we have just finished with the renovation of all our beds, so there are no noises anymore...

Very good! Cool bar with cheap bier!!

Our bar is legendary! Thank you very much!!

Great hostel. It has everything you could ask for in a hostel. Great staff, clean, bar in basement, and a kitchen. Really happy I chose this hostel!

It is a hostel located just blocked away from the main railway station (but not the old town), it is a walk of about 20 minutes to the city center. It is quite convenient for me as I need to stick to railway station due to my itinerary. Everything is quite nice but it may not be a good choice for party animals as it's quite far away from those areas. The rooms has good security which they provide the keys to lock the stuffs in the locker. The Wi-Fi has also good coverage.

Thank you very much for your nice review. Only 2 things we can´t agree with: To walk to the historical part is never more than 15 min. even if you walk veeeery slowly. For "party animals" we have our own fully equipped hardcore bar in the basement. Also there are 4 pubs/clubs just 3 min down the street.

This hostel is great. Value for money and nice staff are main reasons of my satisfaction :-) And bar in the basement with horror spirit is awesome.

Thanks a lot, hopefully we see you again...

Not just a great hostel but a great place to chat to and meet locals. The bar seems to have locals that come for just a drink every other night, really nice place, nice helpful staff with lots of info about the city, maps, train and bus schedules readily available

• 24th Oct 2014

Nice to have a proper kitchen with everything you need to make dinner. The hostel itself is a little jaded needs some work doing the shower smells a bit damp and mildewed looked reasonably clean. Friendly staff. Good location 5mim walk from train station 15-20mins from centre if you walked plenty of buses going all over the place nice compact city with charm to it.

was a great hostel. very social, great location. kitchen was solid, however, when I was there because very cramped as many people wanted to use it, also because it was at the entrance kg a room. biggest issue I had was, there was a large amount of public display of affection, by the staff. which I think is really unprofessional especially when it meant people had to wait to check in.

Overall I had a good stay, but there were some staff issues. On my arrival the receptionist was doing her first day on the job and had been left there without any backup or support. She was trying her very best, but you can't expect people to wait 40 minutes to be checked in, especially when there isn't even a queue. Then on my last day the breakfast guy didn't show up for work. The receptionist recommended a café close by (Ranno Ptaca - GOOD breakfasts and gluten free (yay!) cake), but still...

Thanks for your review. We are sorry for the inconveniences and we are hoping to see you another time so we can retrieve your view.

great if you travel by train, very close to the main railway station. you get a welcome drink&every room is decorated in some other location(country) style-e.g. hungary, brazil, cuba

Nice place very close to train ststion

This was a good hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The kitchen facilities were good and there was a nice communal garden with a bar. It is right next to the main station and about 10-15 minutes' walk from the city centre. Some things could have been better - there were not enough shared bathrooms which meant that queues often formed. Some of the other guests were very loud during the night and the staff did not tell them to be quiet.

It's was a far away from city center, but near Railway Station. Not much travelers in the Hostel at the moment my stay.

Hi thank you for your comment, if it is 10 minutes by walk far away, than you are right ;)

Easy to find from the train station, really friendly staff, nice rooms and great outdoor area

Many thanx, hopefully see you in the future...

Second time I've stayed here. Great hostel situated between the train station (5 min walk) and the centre (20 min walk/few minutes by bus). Relaxing beer garden out the back, and there is also the pub downstairs which can be quite lively. There are not that many toilets/showers, which isn't ideal if the hostel is full. Reasonable place to spend a few nights, although can be quite noisy in the summer months at weekends.

Thank you for yout review, we hope to see you many more times. One shower is for only 6,8 persons when the hostel is full, which is a high standard.