Hostel Prague Tyn Reviews

Tynska 19, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

The staff was amazing. I had a problem with my card when i got there and the girl at the reception did everything she could to try to help me, plus throughout my stay they were all really nice and helpful. It was also the cleanest hostel i ever stayed in. Would definetly recomend.

Loved the hostel and its cleanliness etc. But I would recommend changing how the doors close, because it's really loud and not possible without a key to close the doors quietly. We book a 6-bedroom and got into an 8-bedroom, as far as I've seen there is no option on hostelworld to book an 8-bedroom.

• 26th Mar 2015

Super friendly and very helpful staff in the perfect location to explore Prague!

• 23rd Mar 2015

Very good location next to the best bars and nightclubs. The staff is very open and friendly.

• 20th Mar 2015

The cage used to store bags etc. during the day could be improved in security as is sometimes left unlocked and people have access unobserved by staff.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I really liked the beds, and the toilet facilities- everything was clean and comfortable, and much better than expected for the price. My main issue was that I had not been made aware beforehand that the hostel does not accept card payments and I was left on the first day scrounging for 500 British Pounds IN CASH for a large group to pay upfront! For me, at least, that soured the experience considerably. After talking to some other guests, it was evident I wasn't the only one caught out by this

• 14th Mar 2015
  • India

Had a wonderful stay at the Hostel Tyn. The location was perfect for everything we wanted do do during our weekend trip. Stephanie and the other staff at the desk were very helpful with restaurant recommendations as well as insider tips for things to do and see. The rooms had lockers for everyone and the sandwiches at breakfast were the perfect take away snack for the afternoon. My only complaint would be the tiny bathrooms. Would 100% recommend this hostel!

It was a very good hostel close to the city center old town and good value for money. Staff are very helpfull

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Turkey

We had an excellent time here and would recommend it to anyone.

• 11th Mar 2015

The location was great and peaceful though very close to the Old Town Square. There wasn't really any hand towels or hand paper in the toilets, another shower room couldn't be locked and part of the shower's door was missing. During a few nights there were some super loud inhabitants on our floor making noise and I was hoping maybe the receptionists could have checked each floor out a few times during the night. Anyway the trip was succesful and it was nice place to stay taking account the price

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Finland

It is a nice, clean and quiet hostel, very close to the oldtownsquare, which is very nice! The common room is small and the chance of socializing with other guests is small, but if you're into a quiet stay than it is perfect. Simple but good breakfast and kitchen and nice staff. I would definitely recommend this hostel to friends.

• 5th Mar 2015

Everything was great - especially location. Very close to good restaurants/bars/popular clubs. Also about 3 blocks from the Old Town square which is spectacular at night. Despite everyone else's complaints about noise on here, I didn't notice any at all. Everything was great, except I wish there were more bathrooms/showers and/or bigger sizes. The male bathroom for the toilet was the size of a closet.

The staff was very nice, accommodating and helpful. Beds are very comfy. Facilities were clean and good. Wouldn't count on eating the free breakfast food, since the milk was warm and the other choices didn't look too appetizing. AWESOME location, right around the corner from Old Town Square. Provide you with free/discounted options for tours, which we took advantage of! Lockers are roomy and they were very helpful with letting us leave our bags there even after we checked out. Can't beat it!

• 2nd Mar 2015

Perfect location for a hostel in Prague, couldn't ask for something closer to the places you want to be. I've visited Prague twice now and the first time I stayed a little out of the Old Town area so this was much, much better. Only small issue that I had is hard to combat because it is more guest dependant but it was that the shower floors seemed to be constantly wet. Feels a bit gross getting out of a shower and stepping into a small puddle of water left by the person before you.

We had a great experience at Tyn. Stephanie at the reception was absolutely the best and was always there to help us and answer our questions. The beds were super comfortable and the atmosphere in general was accepting and enjoyable. You get some discounts at this hostel and I would encourage everyone to try the pub crawl. Overall, the facilities were clean and I felt very safe here; would highly recommend, especially since the location is on point.

Nice located in the heart of Prague. Rooms are ok and even the cleaning staff is rather quiet in the morning. Kitchen is fully equiped so I was able to prepare a meal there. Recomendable place.

The Hostel was really nice do only thing that was a bit annoying was that the guys shower could not be locked

• 27th Feb 2015

Really clean and modern accommodation at a 3-min walk from the very city centre. Very kind staff. Perfect hostel for me in Prague

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Amazing location right next to old town square and the astronomical clock. Staff was helpful with recommending restaurants and reliable places to exchange currency. Really great breakfast with cereal and coffee plus a sandwich. Lockers and free towels are always a plus and the showers always seemed clean. We had a great stay and I'll probably be back in a few months!

The hostel is loud at night because it is off of a courtyard. The lounge and kitchen were in the basement. Good location. The girl at the front desk was helpful!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6