Hostel Prime Guimares Lda Reviews

Rua da Liberdade, 42/44, Guimaraes, Portugal

Overall a very good hostel. Lockers a bit small.

Excellent and very informative hosts Given that Guimares is a very ancient history it was very helpful to get detailed descriptions of important events It was also very helpful that the hostel is located near to the bus station and medieval village

Very, very friendly, hospitable, knowledgeable staff; beautiful, very old building, my room had lots of light. I booked a 4 bed dorm and got a 2-bed room all to myself! Breakfast was great, with homemade jams. This was a really nice place to spend a night in Guimarães and relax. Reminded me of my parents' house a bit and I felt right at home.

Thank you for all.

You are most welcomed, Christine!!!

Very good hostel in a nice building. Excellent location near one of the main squares. The staff was very helpful to explain about the city.

Very nice place in atmospheric old-time style house in excellent location close to historical centrum with very friendly and fine staff. I can highly recommend to stay there.

Loved staying in this hostel, which is located in a 17th century house. The owners are very nice, everything was spotless and security was top notch. It was low season when I stayed here so it was a bit quiet for my taste but would definitely recommend staying here when you look for a place to sleep in Guimares.

The staff were really nice and the place was marvelous. Loved the tomato jelly! :)

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Portugal

Hostel Prime was one of the greatest hostels I've ever been into. All the staff was super humble, nice, sweet and very thoughtful. We felt at home, actually. Our room was very confortable. The Hostel was very cosy and with a particular and interesting story behind its walls. Food was great also!

I've stayed in a few hostels over the years, but never somewhere as welcoming as Hostel Prime. The owners were incredibly friendly, giving suggestions of where to visit, eat and also told me a lot about the history of the city (tip: take their advice on where to eat). Only stayed 2 nights, and as it's not really tourist season there weren't many other guests, but the atmosphere was always good. Breakfast is simple but the jam is tremendous. Would definitely stay again if I return to Guimaraes.

Probably the nicest hostel I ever stayed in. The owners/staff are so nice and helpful.

The hostel Prime is a beautiful oldstyle house where you can enjoy history as well as in the City of Guimaraes. The staff is very helpfull in any way. And never Forget tasting the breakfast with homemade jam and joghurt! 100% recomend!

Nice hostel!

I had a great stay at the hostel. It's a beautiful old house recently renovated with a charming common area where breakfast is served. The staff at the hostel were very friendly giving tips about the city and surroundings.

Great hostel in a perfect location. Very clean, good atmosphere, and helpful/friendly staff. I would definitely recommend this place.

We had a great stay, very friendly hosts, familiar atmosphere. Thank you for the self-made jam and joghurt we had for breakfast:)

Great staff! Even though it seems far away from the city center, Guimaraes is a small town, so the location is also good. Quite modern hostel and very clean. However it just has one shared bathroom available. When we were there, there were almost no guest but I can't imagine how it would be if the hostel was full. The price for a dorm is also a bit expensive.

Cute hostel, 5 minutes walking from the main square. The owners are very welcoming and helpul, you free tea and cookies anytime during the day. The place to stay in Guimaraes

Great location, amazing kitchen (induction hotplates!), 300-year old building in beautiful condition, and the nicest, friendliest hosts you'll ever be lucky enough to meet. The couple who run the place really love Guimarães - they're happy to tell you everything you could ever want to know about the town today and its history, and the lady took care of an unwell backpacker as though he were her own son. Don't pass up on the excellent breakfast (homemade yoghurts and jams)!

Fausto (at the reception) is really a great guy! He gives good information and really helps you with everything. I think the hostel is especially great für groups >1. For single travelers it might be hard to find company since it's a small hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4