Hostel Prime Guimares Lda Reviews

Rua da Liberdade, 42/44, Guimaraes, Portugal

Hostel Prime was one of the greatest hostels I've ever been into. All the staff was super humble, nice, sweet and very thoughtful. We felt at home, actually. Our room was very confortable. The Hostel was very cosy and with a particular and interesting story behind its walls. Food was great also!

I've stayed in a few hostels over the years, but never somewhere as welcoming as Hostel Prime. The owners were incredibly friendly, giving suggestions of where to visit, eat and also told me a lot about the history of the city (tip: take their advice on where to eat). Only stayed 2 nights, and as it's not really tourist season there weren't many other guests, but the atmosphere was always good. Breakfast is simple but the jam is tremendous. Would definitely stay again if I return to Guimaraes.

Probably the nicest hostel I ever stayed in. The owners/staff are so nice and helpful.

The hostel Prime is a beautiful oldstyle house where you can enjoy history as well as in the City of Guimaraes. The staff is very helpfull in any way. And never Forget tasting the breakfast with homemade jam and joghurt! 100% recomend!

Nice hostel!

I had a great stay at the hostel. It's a beautiful old house recently renovated with a charming common area where breakfast is served. The staff at the hostel were very friendly giving tips about the city and surroundings.

Great hostel in a perfect location. Very clean, good atmosphere, and helpful/friendly staff. I would definitely recommend this place.

We had a great stay, very friendly hosts, familiar atmosphere. Thank you for the self-made jam and joghurt we had for breakfast:)

Great staff! Even though it seems far away from the city center, Guimaraes is a small town, so the location is also good. Quite modern hostel and very clean. However it just has one shared bathroom available. When we were there, there were almost no guest but I can't imagine how it would be if the hostel was full. The price for a dorm is also a bit expensive.

Cute hostel, 5 minutes walking from the main square. The owners are very welcoming and helpul, you free tea and cookies anytime during the day. The place to stay in Guimaraes

Great location, amazing kitchen (induction hotplates!), 300-year old building in beautiful condition, and the nicest, friendliest hosts you'll ever be lucky enough to meet. The couple who run the place really love Guimarães - they're happy to tell you everything you could ever want to know about the town today and its history, and the lady took care of an unwell backpacker as though he were her own son. Don't pass up on the excellent breakfast (homemade yoghurts and jams)!

Fausto (at the reception) is really a great guy! He gives good information and really helps you with everything. I think the hostel is especially great für groups >1. For single travelers it might be hard to find company since it's a small hostel.

Hostel Prime Guimares is a family owned and run hostel. The family is wonderfully kind and helpful. The hostel itself is amazing from the shared living room and nicely equipped kitchen. The only problem we experienced while staying was a burst pipe around midnight that we discovered when a person in a double room moved up to our dorm. We helped shutoff the water and clean up the mess caused by the water. The owner/staff was very thankful.

Great hostel. One of the best where I've ever been!

One of the nicest hostels I ever stayer: Very beautiful house, extremely nice and helpful staff, great location.

• 8th Jul 2014

Hostel Prime was a lovely place to stay. Perfectly located near the city centre on a quiet street, charming ambience and generous hosts, a comfortable bed and a kitchen where everything works - I couldn't ask for more. Highly recommended!

There wasn't any kind of heater even on the tap, it was very cold during the night, if you go during the summer it won't be a problem.

Superb, this hostel is the best for knowing Guimares. Owners Celia and Fausto are super, I feel at home since the first minute and they have extraordinary tips for knowing this lovely city. Will come back for sure with my girl friend, best regards from Pamplona, Javier

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Waiting your visit in July, as promised, our best regards, Fausto

Liked everything, 100% recomend to everyone, awesome!!!! Disliked nothing!!!

• 29th Jan 2014

You're super ;-), Fausto

great great hostel, location, safe, clean, spotless. owners are super kind and make you feel at home, with familly since the first minute. breakfast with astonishing marmalades home made. I eat here the best butter from my life. strong internet and computer for guests. house with more than 300 years, confortable, amazing decoration. fully equipped kitchen.

• 26th Nov 2013