Hostel Przy Targu Rybnym Reviews

Grodzka 21, Gdansk, Poland

Cheap as chips hostel in a decent location. I stayed in a single room right up in the eaves of the house which I couldn't actually stand up in except for one very specific place (because it was an attic room with an angled ceiling)! But then I was paying less for my single room than some places charge for a dorm bed. I'd stay here again.

You can't beat the hostel's location, that's for sure. Otherwise, it's a decent place to stay for a night or two. The big bedroom is darkish, but spacious. Bathrooms and toilets could be better and some lockers would be good. For the price, in case you just need a sleepover - go for it.

Definitely a place to be and stay. I use this place always when travelling between Norway and home in Warsaw. Friendly and quiet, located in the best neighbourhood that You could ever imagine, close to all attractions, bars, pubs, restaurants, sights, river. Great place to stroll nearby as the river is just 50 metres from the entrance to the building.:) Inside cosy and comfortable space to eat, talk, socialise, use internet. Clean, spacious rooms/toilets. Owners are like Your family. RECOMMENDED

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Poland

It looked very nice, but it was overbooked, so we didn't get the room we had booked. Instead we got a free taxi to another hostel that we didn't like...

I slept in the biggest room for 16 persons so this was not very comfortable due to snorling guys. :< But besides this everything was ok. There were no lockers for luggage in this room...

Good location near the city centre. Helpful and nice staff. There are no floor cloths in the bathroom to clean the floor if there is any water on it. Basic single room is really basic - with not enough space and no more than small coffee table, chair and bed.

People working at the hostel were very polite and they even woke up in the middle of the night (as we were catching the flight early in the morning) to give back the deposit. Our room was clean, so were the bathrooms. Perfect place to stay, close to the main square and the station.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Poland

This isn't really a hostel. I wouldn't stay here if you are looking for a good atmosphere and to meet people. However it is fine If you want to be alone and just relax. But there really isn't much to do in the hostel. So it's kind of boring. Otherwise it's fine.

The worst point No curtains.s

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

This is specific old-time hostel with very friendly atmosphere and above all in excellent location (1 minute walk to historical part of the city).

Very good place, the best money-value in Gdansk center. Extraordinary Staff.

The room was really small, only bed and that's it. Staff surelly wasn't new.

• 31st May 2014
  • Poland

I loved my room with my shower. the owner didn't speak English but luckily someone kind of part of the staff was happy to help out ;)

This is a good Place of all you want is a cheap Place to sleep. Because thats what it is. If you want a hostel that has a fun atmospere were you can meet a lot of people then this is the wrong Place for you.

Very clean hostel! Central location and excellent value for money.

Clean. However, very small rooms. We had a great stay.

Hostel is situated directly in the old town of Gdansk. For partying you need a car, taxi or public transport while most location are outside of the old town (Sopot or on the way to Sopot). Anyway there are also a lot of places going out in the old town. I stayed in a 16 bedroom which was ok. Clean sheets and bathroom - no luxury. The price was great. The staff friendly and helpful. So place is really good for a short and cheap stay.

This hostel was great, very charming, located in the city centre, literally 5 minutes walking from Rynek. Our room was clean, beds comfortable, and I totes recommend it to anyone!

Second time I stay there, the value is good for the price and the location is great. Near the river, it is always possible to try some pastries nearby.

Great location, but it was really cold in the bedroom and wi-fi was only available on the ground floor