Hostel Przy Targu Rybnym Reviews

Grodzka 21, Gdansk, Poland

Inside of hostel is cold

I always stay at this place when visiting Gdansk because I want somewhere to sleep undisturbed and in a good location. I also want friendly staff, cleanliness and because I visit in winter it needs to be warm and cozy. This place works perfectly every time. I have no idea what it's like for partying because I do that outside of the hostel, then return to this homely place for a good nights sleep. Good size communal area available if you need it. Great place ;)

UWAGA NA JEDYNKI!!! Pokój wyglądał jak schowek na szczotki! Do łóżka trzeba było się czołgać, nie ma możliwości wyprostowania się przez całe 1,5 metra (bo tyle pokój!)

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Poland

I will suggest to make a rule for the "quite time" after 10PM. the Hostel is good, but the guest may be not.

The hostel is really nice, it has a good potential. It's clean, it's central, it has a living / kitchen and the wifi. I think it needs a bit more of an atmosphere, it doens't have anything carachteristic, it doesn't have a personallity. It's not easy to make it has one, just put some music on, some decorations and colors on the walls, and make it like it's easyier to socialize; if the age range they are looking for is a youg one, then the stuff should try to create a more cozy atmosphere.

Cheap as chips hostel in a decent location. I stayed in a single room right up in the eaves of the house which I couldn't actually stand up in except for one very specific place (because it was an attic room with an angled ceiling)! But then I was paying less for my single room than some places charge for a dorm bed. I'd stay here again.

You can't beat the hostel's location, that's for sure. Otherwise, it's a decent place to stay for a night or two. The big bedroom is darkish, but spacious. Bathrooms and toilets could be better and some lockers would be good. For the price, in case you just need a sleepover - go for it.

Definitely a place to be and stay. I use this place always when travelling between Norway and home in Warsaw. Friendly and quiet, located in the best neighbourhood that You could ever imagine, close to all attractions, bars, pubs, restaurants, sights, river. Great place to stroll nearby as the river is just 50 metres from the entrance to the building.:) Inside cosy and comfortable space to eat, talk, socialise, use internet. Clean, spacious rooms/toilets. Owners are like Your family. RECOMMENDED

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Poland

It looked very nice, but it was overbooked, so we didn't get the room we had booked. Instead we got a free taxi to another hostel that we didn't like...