Hostel Przy Targu Rybnym Reviews

Grodzka 21, Gdansk, Poland

Arrogant stuff: I have reported at the check out that the bed broke down during the night and I had to fix it myself. I was told that I exaggerate and basically everything is fine there. Also the cleanliness was far below (even budget place) expectations with remains of spaghetti hanging from the door knob and generally the rooms being worn down. On the other hand an affordable price and good location.

The staff didn't speak English and were not too friendly

The hostel is very well located, beds are more or less comfortable, bedrooms are clean (though bathrooms could be cleaner and need some renovation). Staff don't speak english and that could be a problem, and also they don't have a kitchen, but in Poland shouldn't be a problem because is relatively cheap to eat on restaurants.

The woman at the reception wouldn't let me in first of all. After a long fight she allowed me to enter. Extremely unfriendly. I'll never come back.

This is definitely by far the absolute WORST hostel in Gdansk.This place is well located and could potentially be great, however the staff, management and owner(s) are clueless alongside being rather rude.The place is a dump..don't stay there!!!

The staff speaks zero English and is not friendly or welcoming, especially the senior receptionist lady. The bunk beds in rooms are so old that each movement you make while in bed the bed squeaks so bad that everyone down the hall can hear you. And I'm not even a heavy girl. Oh and also be prepared to have exact amount in cash to pay because they might not back any change and will simply forget to give the change back to you.

stay away from this place

single rooom short and small, very small bed but larger matelas

Very low quality Hostel. Not very clean, big room quite stinky, lack of power points in the room, staff doesn't speak English (thank God I'm learning Polish) and I've stayed only for a night. If all you need is a bed that's ok, but 50 zl a night is still too much for that place. Low value for money! 30 would do the trick.

• 1st Aug 2015

We paid for 2 nights in a double bed room, but we couldn't stay more than 1. The mattress was only five centimeters thick and we felt the wooden slats of the bed base embedded in our backs. We could barely sleep two hours and we woke up exhausted. In addition, all sounds echoed down the hall. The next day we told the receptionist (in Polish, because she didn't speak English) that we couldn't continue there with that mattress. She got angry and, kindly, returned us the money of the 2n night.

it is always on the most horrible places that you enjoy the most your time!!! this saturday night was a wonderful moment of sharing and meeting with some great people from the hostel…in fact being 16 in a dormitory makes everyone friendly and ready to share !!!!

Perfect location. We had a great stay!

• 18th Jul 2015

Rather strange hostel. If you're a young solo traveller looking to meet people, definitely don't stay here. I'd say the only thing going for it is the close proximity to the old town, and the cheap price. Apart from that, none of the staff seemed to speak English (or any language apart from Polish), which made communcation difficult, and they weren't overly friendly. The other guests consisted of older women, some who appeared to be living in Gdansk but staying there temporarly? Odd.

Need to speak other languages. More helpful when guest ask where something is. Get maps for quests and not tell them you have to get one at Information near train station that closes at 5pm. I felt unwelcomed. Almost left the hostel. No smiles until I was leaving. Need hooks in the showers to hangup your things. And even though it's non smoking, when the staff smokes it still travels the reception room. Better directions from train station.

I was welcome by a very nice lady. I booked a single room, it was tiny but for sleep it's just enought. The hostel has got wifi which s very good. It's really well located, in the old town. The bathroom and the toilets were clean. The only con was that the hot water make some time to arrive because I was in the last stair.