Hostel Quetzal Reviews

Orquideas N� 10, Cancun, Mexico

The atmosphere at this hostel can't be beaten. If you want to party, this is the place to stay. We stopped here for the final night of our trip and I was sad we couldn't stay longer.

The hostel was very beautiful, love the rooms, the garden. It was really nice to offer dinner ( i think it's the first time i saw that in a hostel) and it's was also very tasty. The staff was very nice and funny. The only thing i didn't like : the mandatory drinking game. I was here to party of course, but i like drinking at my ryhtm and not beeing forced...

A great place for travellers. The bar and free evening meals are fantastic places to meet people! The staff do a great job to make you have a good time and the breakfasts in the morning were top notch. Would heartily recommend if you are coming to Cancun to party and meet new people.

I flipping loved it in Quetzal! Free breakfast and community dinner; Vanessa, Alex and all the staff are so friendly and helpful - in 10 months backpacking this is one of the places I've actually felt like home. Plus it's in an amazing location of Cancun - close to street food/the bus station/local festivities. I would always stay here if in Mexico!

The hostel is in walking distance from the bus terminal and even though there are no lockers it is a really safe place. It depends on what you want for your stay - this hostel is a party hostel! don't go there if you want to have a quiet stay. Staff is really friendly and helpful, dinner is delicious (free tequilla not so much ;)). A lot of drinking rules but they are a lot of fun. Easily to get in touch with other travellers.

Awesome hostel! Excellent environment, friendly helpful staff. The atmosphere is like no where else, we were 3 australian girls in a group but so many lone travellers and they were having an awesome time- the staff are BEYOND helpful and make everyone feel included and take you out to sick clubs so you get good deals with them too. STAY HERE!

best hostel ever anywhere

Best hostel I've ever been stayed at,. The staff is great, the atmosphere is awsome. Make you feel welcome and safe. And help make your trip great

This place has an awesome family like atmosphere which is really nice. Everyone eats dinner together every night. Staff are also very helpful, Kelly is Australian so speaks English and is very knowledgable about the area. Downfall was that in the private room the shower was pretty bad only trickled water and was hardly ever hot, toilet blocked and There were also ants everywhere through out the room. Apart from this air con worked well which was desperately needed in that hot weather

We only stayed for one night as we were getting a flight home the next day so didn't really spend too much time at the hostel. The staff seemed super friendly and very helpful. We stayed in a private room on the top floor which had its own bathroom, balcony and air conditioning. If I visit cancun again I will be sure to stay again.

Fantastic hostel. Set in this cosy old house in downtown Cancun, right across from the main park/square. Brilliant vibe in this place, loads of other solo travellers. Dinner, tequila shots, drinking games at night in the garden all included. Met some great people here! Wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else in Cancun. Forget the all-inclusive hotels, this is where you want to be.

Great place to stay with lots of cocktails and tequila!! All the staff are very friendly and make you welcome! If you are looking for a party atmosphere and organised nights out this is the place to go! Would definitely recommend!

Amazing, fun and lively hostel! Staff are brilliant and the hostel feels like one big family as you sit and have dinner together every night. Breakfast and dinner is really really tasty! Hostel is clean, really good value for money. Would highly recommended if you like tequila and to party!

Easily the best party hostel in Cancun! If I could stay here for a year I would. This place comes with free breakfast and dinner cooked by an excellent chef. The place came alive at night, everyone there was very social. The lovely managers and staff were very helpful and even took guests out for a beach day. Amazing location. Will definitely return.

• 11th Jun 2014

Amazing staff! Had a blast highly recommend :)

• 3rd Jun 2014

Good place to stay if you want to party, the bathroom was not that clean. The hostel is in a good spot for a hostel, if you want to be near the beach you would need to book a hotel in the hotel zone. Close to the ADO bus station, walkable distance.

Great hostel, fun crowd and staff. They were very helpful even after I checked out, letting me utilise their wifi network to figure out my next move from there.

I had an AMAZING time. Everyone was super sweet and helpful. I had never traveled outside of the country alone before and I felt safe.

• 23rd May 2014

Hostel Quetzal had a good atmosphere, it was clean, the meals included were tasty, and the staff went out of their way to make fun activities each evening. The only downside is that the hostel, as many others are, a 20 minute bus ride to beaches and night life. I would recommend this hostel as it was cosy and easy to meet people.

Choosing to stay at Hostel Quetzal in Cancun was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The management and staff were absolutely amazing. They made us feel not only comfortable and welcome but also like part of their little family. Tequila shots at dinner, beer pong and drinking games every night.. You can't go wrong! Thank you to Vanessa, Alex, Cassanova, Jose

« first « Prev 1 2 3