Hostel Quetzal Reviews

Orquideas N� 10, Cancun, Mexico

Hostel Quetzal is an awesome place if you are looking to meet fellow young people and party with them. Breakfast and dinner are included and the hostel has a small pool and a bar. The dorm beds are very comfortable and clean, the showers need some work, however. The atmosphere at Quetzal is fantastic. Lots of young and cool people are staying there and the staff really takes care that everyone has a good time.

Hostel Quetzal exceeded my expectations! It was absolutely the best way to spend a week in Cancun! The staff was great! The double private room on the top floor was perfect, with our own bathroom and balcony! The complementary breakfast and dinner were fantastic. The communal dinner every night was a great way to meet everyone and get the night started. The hostel bar was very convenient and reasonably priced 30 pesos for a beer. The Ozzo convenience store down the road was also very helpful.

The staff were from around the globe and multi lingual. They were super sweet and helpful. I really liked that we would all have dinner together family style every night...then decide if we wanted to go out together to a club or stay poolside and enjoy extremely reasonably priced drinks there. I loved it. They also were vegetarian friendly, too. A fun place with a 6 minute walk to the n as in bus station in Cancun.

• 19th Jan 2016

thank you for your review honest and real in content as is our hostel.

Hostel is fun and the staff is polite but some of the younger employees seem annoyed to work and assist people. Overall I had a good experience. It is not as "party" as you think, at least when I was there, everything was very relaxed and you take a shot at dinner with everyone.

• 17th Jan 2016

Our staff especially the younger ones are extreme party people. We are working hard to rotate hangovers to accommodate our guests and keep the party constant. A relaxed night happens after months of partying. New staff members are on the way to reinforce the madness.

I stayed in Quetzal Hostel just for a night while traveling around Riviera Maya with my sister. We booked a private room with bathroom and we were very satisfied with the service. First you have breakfast and dinner included and that's awesome. Also our room was very clean and the pool area seemed very comfortable. A few things they might wanna improve would be a better boiler system, 'cause the water was pretty cold to take a shower and put a window in the shower.

I've been sick since eating their dinner on Sunday Jan 17th. Literally cannot stop throwing up since, it started that night about an hour after eating. I never had an even remotely warm shower the entire stay. Cold water the whole time. "Party Hostel" I guess translates into "we're going to pressure you into spending over $100USD each night to go to a club we probably get kick-backs from"

• 15th Jan 2016

An extremely negative review. You were very sick when you arrived and we were polite enough not to turn you away but rather find medical attention for you. Your review is untrue in every aspect.

Some staff was friendly but some were not at all. Nice location next to a local food and music/activities plaza though (parque palapas)

Hoste was excellent! Only downside was that it was located a little far away from the clubs in the hotel zone but else was great.

Fun hostel, fun staff, fun place! They cook you a free dinner which is awesome, everybody eats it together and they go around the table getting everybody to introduce themselves and have a mouthful of some sort of tequila mixed drink. It's awesome! If you're looking for a great hostel with cool people then definitely stay here

Great hostel, staff are really fun and I met a lot of cool people. Good value for money as well with dinner included.

• 10th Jan 2016

I was very pleased with the service at this hostel.

• 8th Jan 2016

My 3 friends and I had a great time! The family dinner was awesome and the rooms were quite spacious. Especially loved our room as it led out to hammocks . Wasn't too crazy actually and there wasn't much parties going on here, I would've loved more parties staying at the hostel at least for an hour or 2. Instead we were kind of pursuaded to go to the big clubs with all you can drink. For $70-80 usd a night I didn't join them ever. Instead we were referred by locals where the smaller clubs.

Hostel Quetzal is absolutely amazing! Great vibe, cool people and awsome staff. The beach and party district is easy to reach by bus. And there is a great foodmarket arround the corner. Dinner was always really good at the hostel and I love the introducing and shot round before dinner. If l m ever in Cancun again i will make sure to stay in Hostel Quetzal again. Who needs a all inclusive resort when there is Hostel Quetzal with its great vibe waiting for you!?

Wish we had gotten to stay longer! The private room on the roof is AMAZING!!! Looked so fun, even coming in sick and having to leave the next day.

A party hostel is exactly what this is, the staff every night are always up for a party and are very friendly! Our bathroom looked like it could have some work done to it, it didn't have loo roll in it a fare few times. The rooms aren't very private as people seemed to use ours just for the toilet as it was on the ground floor and also as a walkway to one of the outside court yards. My bed was incredibly uncomfortable and you could feel all the springs. For partying yes, comfort wise I'd say no.

good place to stay

Good enviroment, very good dinner... good bedroom (at least the one I took), everything clean and the stuff is very friendly and helpful. I recomend this hostel!

Excellent hostel. I wish I found it sooner. Really social area by the pool but you're able to get sleep in the rooms if you need it. Easy access to Cancun and all well organised from the great hostel staff.

Great spot. Comfy dorm beds. Staff super helpful, social environment and easy access to food nearby... but locker/bag security needs a little work - hardly terrible though. Was an issue due to a double booking - was frustrating being downgraded from a twin to a 10 bed dorm but they were cool enough to offer us an open bar all night as compensation. Super helpful during such a sensitive situation. Would stay again.

Free dinner and breakfast was delicious, thank you! Very friendly community. Definitely check out the adjacent local park at night - it's like a night market full of people, local foods, culture, live music, arcades, and kids riding in remote controlled go karts! So fun. Pretty far from the Hotel Zone, which is a huge plus if you are trying to have an authentic experience away from all the white tourists. Lots of wonderful local restaurants nearby with reasonable prices and colorful people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4