Hostel Quetzal

7.6
Very Good 2056 Total Reviews

• Brazil, All Female Group, 18-24
6th Aug 2017

Nice atmosphere, good and helpfull staff. The hostel is near a bus station, I felt safe going out in the day and even in the night, the room were ok, bathroom not (kinda durty and cold water) but it wasn't a big problem. Breakfast and dinner were ok too. Much better than I thought for the price I paid , I would definetelly stay again!!!!!!

• Oosthuizen90
  • Netherlands, All Male Group, 25-30
3rd Aug 2017

Good enough beds with a/c , small swimming pool, really nice staff, cheap drinks and crazy guests. We had a crazy night here!

• USA, Male, 25-30
31st Jul 2017
3.4

So, one of the staff members STOLE my wallet while I was showering. After I threatened to call the police and pay whatever bribe they wanted, another staff member returned my wallet, covered in sand, claiming that he (Hector) took it to the beach where it would be 'safe.' Nothing ruins an international trip like a stolen wallet, and with absolutely no physical security at this place (no locked front gate or door and staff members are rarely at the desk) and staff members STEALING, ...never again

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
29th Jul 2017
4.9

This place is dirty, the staff isn't prepared at all. I rented a towel with them for 100 pesos (even though it says its included in the price, it's not) and someone stole it and they didn't have another clean one to give me, so I didn't have a towel to shower at all. And the staff guy didn't want to give my money back, clearly not prepared. Also the girl's room door doesn't lock and the security in general is somewhat doubtful.

• Germany, Male, 31-40
21st Jul 2017

Staff is very friendly and helpful. When I arrived, they offered me some delicious lunch for free. It seemed everybody enjoyed its stay there. However, this definitely is a party hostel. Be prepared and enjoy loud music, drinks, the pool, and the food!

21st Jul 2017
2.9

Tried to contact by mail the staff for a problem with my reservation, after more then 1 week they still haven't answered. I had to go to another hostel and lose my reservation.

20th Jul 2017

Great fun, food was great, hostel staff were awesome. A/C was a little weak at night.

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2017

Pool was dirty, people out from the hostel were in all the time and the food quality was not as good the first night and morning i was there, the second night was way better. Personal was really nice and the place was being constantly cleaned.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2017

I have been to a lot of hostels over years of on and off travel. Hostel quetzal is like no other hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff are incredible and make such an effort to bring everyone together. They have a dinner for everyone at night on one big table so it gives you a chance to meet people very easily. The facilities are great, the bed was great, easy to organise parties/tours all through the hostel. I highly recommend hostel quetzal to whoever reads this. Mel and Nicholas

11th Jul 2017

I had great time at the hostel!! There is a pool bar where i had great time with other people!!! The staff was very helpful!! Definitely recommed!!! Also has great location!!!