Hostel Quetzal Reviews

Orquideas N� 10, Cancun, Mexico

This hostel is amazing. The staff are the nicest we have met in 8 months of travel through Latin America, particularly the owner who goes out of her way to make you feel at home. She is a real gem! The dinners they serve are INCREDIBLE and so delicious, it's hard to believe it's included in the price of your room. Our private room was big, air con was perfect and we even had our own balcony. Can't fault this hostel at all. Just stay here and enjoy!! A huge thanks for a wonderful stay.

The staff at hostel quetzal were incredible! Would 100 percent stay there again. Although showers weren't that great and the large dorm got really hot and sticky, didn't really matter in the long run! Great breakfast and dinner! If you want to party and meet some amazing people stay at hostel quetzal!

• 10th Aug 2015

Great hostel, location, staff and the free meals were great Too! Highly recommended!

This hostle is everything it claims to be. The staff have two things in mind. Money and drugs. Its mostly my fault. They clealy stated on their profile the expectations. Brekfast, simple but fine. dinner was fun and decent. Both free! Then the pressure to buy their over priced club venue tickets. Pretty good system set up as most only stay a day or two and never really find out the true prices. One great thing they did was set me up on a whale shark snorkle experience that was super amazing.

Had a amazing time such a good hostel

• 6th Aug 2015

I stayed in this hostel alone and had a fantastic Time, the free evening meal as well as the bar/pool area made it really easy to make friends. I would definitely recommend staying here :)

Great staff and hostel. The cooked dinner is a nice touch and brings everyone together in the evenings so you get know everyone. Fantastic value for money. Would definitely stay here again

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Really fun hostel, great atmosphere and easy to meet people. The free dinners were amazing! The only issue I had was with one of the staff there, I think his name was Alex or ally. He was very rude and obnoxious. I felt like I was irritating him every time I wanted anything, he seemed more interested in sleeping on the sofas. The guests at the hostel seem like a burden to him. Apart from that great hostel and I would definitely return.

• 31st Jul 2015

The Good: the best for socializing, bk and dinner included (they tried to accommodate my vegan diet), close to ADO bus station 10min walk, close to the grocery store, close to this really cool outdoor hangout spot for the locals, cool staff The Bad: AC in the 16bd dorm didn't work all the great, kinda messy and unclean, no trash can in the large dorm The Ugly: the gross bathroom in large dorm, the shower...I mean eww and there is no warm water

Food is absolutely delicious but free tequila shots with dinner are a lie... Unless you ask them. The guy behind the bar was always a bit grumpy but the rest of the staff were lovely. Great facilities and good crowd.

Very fun 😎

• 14th Jul 2015

Really great hostel~! The food was awesome! The staff were really friendly, helped me with my 10,000 questions and get involved with the drinking games. They organise and encourage nightlife activities. Lots of laughs, spontaneous dance offs and banging tunes. The hostel is super close to the coach station too. Loved the street art nearby. P.S. Doooooo the skanky leggggg

• 14th Jul 2015

A great hostel with amazing staff. Rooms were unpretentious but pleasant. The staff a re really friendly and create a great atmosphere. I would definitely recommend it and go back again.

• 13th Jul 2015

Good breakfast and dinner. Some staff were great, some were anti social. Did not receive tequila shots.

I really enjoyed my stay here. I was prepared for a lot of fiesta and vivid atmosphere and I got it! I also really liked the food they served both breakfast and dinner. you get a good value for your money. I have recommended this hostel to a lot.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in during my trip! The atmosphere was so much fun, I felt like I was part of a family from the moment I arrived. The staff were really friendly and helpful and made an effort to make sure everyone was happy and having a good time. Free dinners were amazing and a great way to meet everyone else. Location is also good very close to the bus station and bus stops to get to the beaches. Thank you for such a great time! I will be back!! :)

Great hostel for atmosphere. The people running the hostel aside from the lady were quite creepy. Rooms were good although ridiculously hot and they don't leave the aircon on during the day which is annoying. Location wasn't central at all and you are albeit a short bus ride from the main drag, essentially in the middle of nowhere!

Great hostel but I don't think they change the sheets between guests...

Sheets are changed daily and we have a full round the clock cleaning staff. Informing the reception helps to fix instantly any problem. We are a party hostel and cleaning is essential considering the party that occurs. Thanks for commenting that we are a Great hostel. The pool is open now which helps so much for us to give the best to our guests during their stay.

Fine average hostel, not a particularly great area of Cancun

We are in the center of Cancun is from tot the Art Park and just at the corner of The Palapas park. A taste of Mexico at its best.

I found the front desk staff gruff and unfriendly. The woman who made breakfast was kind, and the bartender made an effort to get to know the guests. Its a good atmosphere, very easy to meet other travelers.

We are making changes in our front desk staff. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and met many fun travellers. Our pool is open now which should put a smile on everyones face. Saludos

« first « Prev 1 2 3