Hostel Quetzal Reviews

Orquideas N� 10, Cancun, Mexico

Super fun place to stay! I only stayed for 2 nights but if you have to be in Cancun... I think this place is great. I was traveling alone and made a lot of really great friends here who were also traveling alone! They make it extremely easy to socialize by having "family dinners" (which are actually really good!) and making everyone take shots of tequila if they break the hostel rules. It's very lively and the staff was super friendly and fun and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Cancun.

My friend and I stayed at this hostel about two weeks ago and we loved it! We are two young Australian girls who were abit worried about travelling and staying at a hostel in Cancun, however we felt very safe and the staff were great and very helpful! Loved the dinners that they gave us! The atmosphere was great for young people who like to party. And I loved how the staff organised trips at night to the nightclubs and stayed with you there for all or at least most of the night :)

• 5th May 2014

It's the best hostel I have stayed. Great staff, and welcoming atmosphere. It's a great hostel to spend the vacation and meet new people!

Really nice atmosphere here, its great having everyone get together for dinner accompanied by the obligatory tequila shot (it is free after all haha). The staff are friendly, 'cassanova' can get a bit annoying but overall pretty good hostel in downtown cancun.

Stayed there only one night as i got a lift the day after. The atmosphere is great to get to know people. Rooms dont have keys, toilet was full of sh**, so not usable. Staff is not aware of things to do in cancun/yucatan.

Great Hostel!had a great time and stayed much longer as planed;)

• 28th Apr 2014

Great party hostel!

Amazing atmosphere. Friendly and helpful staff. Meals provided were delicious. Only a short bus ride to the beach.

Fun party hostel, staff were friendly and group dinner in the evenings were a good way to socialise with everyone.

Great staff an great atmosphere. If you don't mind partying this is an excellent choice.

Thanks Alejo, Vane and Abi for everything!!!! My favorite chef thanks for my wonderful vegetarian food!!!

There are no hammocks like it says in the description, the tequila shot that you get is like drinking battery acid. On of the members of the staff tried to take almost $600 dollars from my group, we were able to get it all back but only after having to threaten to call the owner. the staff member that tried to steal from us left the same day as i did so hopefully she will not be there to cause trouble for any one else. the food was mediocre at best.

• 18th Apr 2014

Awesome! Loved the staff and the party!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Dirty, smelly and too warm in the rooms (window gives to tiny patio, this no breeze). Breakfast (free) was delicious, coffee I undrinkable though... Hangover atmosphere

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Uruguay

It was amazing hostel, the dinner and the staff were really cool

I found a few of the staff members to seem unwelcoming and uninformative, and the floors and restrooms to be unclean and smelly most of the time. The breakfast and dinner - both taste and service - were amazing and a great treat! Love the food stalls around the corner and park across the road.

Not the fanciest hostel in the world, but it is certainly one of the most social and a great value. I have stayed at hostels in 23 countries, and Hostel Quetzal is hands down the best. Things have changed since I first visited in 2008, but mostly for the better.

Pretty good!

I had great time in this hostel! Staff were awesome and all in all super great day, i will definately go back there

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Finland

This is a serious Party hostel with everything that you would need to accommodate your party needs!! Location was ok its about a 5minute walk from bus station. The small dinner you get in the evening is delicious and a great way to meet everyone in the hostel, breakfast is good too. Dorm room has 16beds and not 12 like advertised but is a large space so you dont feel crowded and lots of windows so feels airy but the noise level from partiers coming in gets very loud.