Hostel Quetzal Reviews

Orquideas N� 10, Cancun, Mexico

Second time staying at this hostel and definitely won't be my last. Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in cancun. Amazing place, great location next to parque de las palapas, and probably the most social hostel I've ever stayed in (group dinner and free tequila shot at night, nighty drinking games, rules throughout the hostel with drinking penalties if you break them!). Cancun is a party place and this hostel lives up to that. Perfect for solo travellers too. Can't wait for the new pool!

Thank you for two stays with us. Yeah the pool will be amazing. The pool bar and the pool parties as well. Soon very soon splash splash. We will be awaiting your return with our new shot specials. Saludos.

Construction going on for a new pool,so a bit messy. Breakfast need improvement,too little and coffee need to taste like coffee. If you are solo traveler,you will meet plenty of people from different parts of the world. I believe once the pools is complete,things should be back to normal!

Great place to stay if you are looking for a place to crash for a night or two. The hostel has absolutely everything that you would want. Close to transport, food, super etc.

They were putting in a pool when we stayed which meant there wasn't a very big social area but once the pool is in it'll be AMAZING! The free dinner and tequila every night is great, along with the free breakfast! Would definitely come again

We were very disappointed that the pool was closed with no prior notice. There was absolutely no party and someone ate our food from the fridge (which we know was a staff member) Just overall very disappointing!!

• 10th May 2015

OUR POOL CONSTRUCTION STARTED JUST A FEW WEEKS AGO. We have announced our pool to open June 1st. PREVIOUSLY IT WAS JUST A GARDEN. I am confused at how you that a pool being built for the first time ever would be closed without notice, if it had yet to be completed. The party is constant we are a party hostel. Being that the garden is closed the party is in the living room or on the roof depending on the weather. May is a slow season but the party continues. Confusing comment you have left

great place, all the staff very friendly; dinner and breakfast are delicious!!!! I will be back.

Good atmosphere in the hostel. Get the Deluxe Double room, lots of space and even a little balcony.

Quetzal provides freshly cooked dinner and breakfast everyday which is amazing, especially for those on a budget. Rooms are basic but have everything you need. The hostel could use some more info on things to do around Cancun. There was no map or anything to tell you what was around and no info on tours or how to get to the beach or anything. Thanks to Malin for showing us around and taking us to the beach!!

This hostel was the best! SO much fun. Staff really awesome and there was always a great vibe. Tequila shots with dinner were the best. Definitely one of the funnest hostels I have stayed at and would go back for sure. Recommend it for anyone. The only downfall was that the rooftop bar was not working. I think a great benefit to this place would be to reopen the rooftop bar to have cocktails up there! The location is not that central to things but it east to navigate your way around with the bus

Amazing hostel. Probably my favourite hostel in the world. Thankyou for such good times.

• 25th Apr 2015

I stayed for 3 nights and there wasn´t hot water in the shower (I asked several times and had no answer to my request). I had no problem in other aspects.

Very friendly atmosphere. You definetely make new friends there !

Nice hostel. The facilities are great, but the dorms are a bit to small.

It's a blast when they turn on the air conditioning

SUCH A FUN HOSTEL!

Hostel Quetzal was probably the liveliest hostel I've ever stayed in, and it was also the most fun. I never once felt unsafe and all the staff are great fun to be around. I would recommend this place to anyone heading to Cancun.

• 27th Mar 2015

Nicki, Andy and Jimmy (staff at the hostel) each made Spring Break an unbelievable experience. Cancun will never be as fun as it was this last trip. I hella miss the staff and all the friends I made. Totally stay here if you're looking for a incredible, quality experience. xoxo

• 20th Mar 2015

An amazing time with Mama, Alex, and the rest of the crazy staff. We felt right at home, all of our questions were answered, and we got all the inside scoop on the hotel zone, as well as less gringo places. Constant drinking games and family dinner with tequila made it really easy to meet friends from all over, and have more people to go out on the strip. Wouldn't recommend it for people who want a whole lot of sleep or who are not ok with being around a lot drinking. We can't wait to come back.

Pros: 1. Inclusive Atmosphere: Courtyard games, i.e. beer pong 2. Free Meals(Breakfast & Dinner): Food accommodations for vegetarians too 3. Nearby(2-3min walk): Outdoor Plaza w/10+ food vendors for cheap. There is also dancing, comedians, and shows to get a cultural feel of Cancun. 3. Staff: Andreas, Nikki, Jeremy were excellent hosts. Thanks Alex & Mama for the accommodations & love Tip: Save the money, take the RX-1, or RX-2 bus(both are 10pesos) to get to the bar area[10 minute ride]

Great Hostel and people :)