Hostel Quetzal Reviews

Orquideas N� 10, Cancun, Mexico

Had the best time met some amazing people and the mandatory beer pong just put the cherry on the top would deffenitly Recommend this hostel to any single backpacker

Hostel Quetzal had a good atmosphere, it was clean, the meals included were tasty, and the staff went out of their way to make fun activities each evening. The only downside is that the hostel, as many others are, a 20 minute bus ride to beaches and night life. I would recommend this hostel as it was cosy and easy to meet people.

Choosing to stay at Hostel Quetzal in Cancun was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The management and staff were absolutely amazing. They made us feel not only comfortable and welcome but also like part of their little family. Tequila shots at dinner, beer pong and drinking games every night.. You can't go wrong! Thank you to Vanessa, Alex, Cassanova, Jose

Great hostel. Awesome party vibe. It can be a bit relentless staying more than 3 nights but strap yourselves in for heaps of fun. Best to stay Wed - Sat as we heard it was really quiet Sun - Tues. Hostel is kept pretty clean, showers in the dorm are small and have minimal light at night so best to scrub clean in the daylight. SO much beer pong and tequila shotting!!

Super fun place to stay! I only stayed for 2 nights but if you have to be in Cancun... I think this place is great. I was traveling alone and made a lot of really great friends here who were also traveling alone! They make it extremely easy to socialize by having "family dinners" (which are actually really good!) and making everyone take shots of tequila if they break the hostel rules. It's very lively and the staff was super friendly and fun and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Cancun.

My friend and I stayed at this hostel about two weeks ago and we loved it! We are two young Australian girls who were abit worried about travelling and staying at a hostel in Cancun, however we felt very safe and the staff were great and very helpful! Loved the dinners that they gave us! The atmosphere was great for young people who like to party. And I loved how the staff organised trips at night to the nightclubs and stayed with you there for all or at least most of the night :)

• 5th May 2014

It's the best hostel I have stayed. Great staff, and welcoming atmosphere. It's a great hostel to spend the vacation and meet new people!

Really nice atmosphere here, its great having everyone get together for dinner accompanied by the obligatory tequila shot (it is free after all haha). The staff are friendly, 'cassanova' can get a bit annoying but overall pretty good hostel in downtown cancun.

The dinner put on every night for the guests was a welcome surprise. Also the evenings out run by the the staff were great. I would have liked a more secure baggage storage locker though. Everyones suitcases were all piled by the doorway and there seemed to be not that great a security system to make sure someone didn't take off with your things while you were out. Other than that you get what you pay for plus some free dinner :).

• 3rd May 2014
  • New Zealand

Stayed there only one night as i got a lift the day after. The atmosphere is great to get to know people. Rooms dont have keys, toilet was full of sh**, so not usable. Staff is not aware of things to do in cancun/yucatan.

Great Hostel!had a great time and stayed much longer as planed;)

Great party hostel!