Hostel Quetzal Reviews

Orquideas N� 10, Cancun, Mexico

Absolutely loved our stay at this place. Hopefully return again in the future. Best hostel.

Best hostel ever. Very clean. The staff is só cool and so helpful. But the best thing about it it's its atmosphere. People are so nice and the drinks games are the best. Even so, if you wanna sleep early, the noise of the games won't be a problem because of the location of the rooms. Traveled all by myself to mexico, thanks to this hostel, i was never alone. Kisses and hugs from Brazil.

• 18th Dec 2014

Great hostel! Staff was awesome and very helpful. Rooms and bathrooms were clean, only the water pressure was low. Great backward to have free dinner, with a Tequila shot, and just hang out. Staff generally organizes a daily trip to one of the clubs downtown. Definitely stay there again!

I liked the place however I think it could be even better, the shower was not working properly. The shower was broken, there was a low flow of cold water coming. If they fix this things the environment will be even nicer . Also, do not expect too much food during the breakfast and diner, its a very small amount, but it is good as a complement.

absolutely loved this place! definitely looking forward to going back and staying here the next time i visit Cancun! Awesome staff and of course the people you meet at hostels are always awesome. I loved every moment of my stay!

Loved the backyard, we had a great time. The staff really did their to create a social/party-atmosphere, which succeded two of our three nights (think the crowd tired the last night). We didn't have a place to stay our last night before flying out, and altough the hostel was fully booked, the staff let us hang around and sleep at the couch until our taxi left at 4am. Located taxi-distance from the beach, but in the middle of the city center. The food they serve is delicious.

Thank you for staying at my hostel. Norway guests are amongst the best. Saludos, Monica

The staff definitely helped make this place a second home for me. Nikki and Andy made me feel welcomed right off the get go and they deserve some praise for their efforts. I didn't get the caretakers name because she only spoke spanish but she was always working very hard and seemed sweet. I enjoyed coming back to a clean bed every night. Sleeping was not an issue here for me. If I were to stay in Cancun again I would come back here 100%. Enjoyed every minute of it.

• 3rd Dec 2014

friendly service, good location close to bus terminal

Good place to meet people! Unreal party hostel! Gets everyone involved! Would definitely reccomend to anyone who is staying in cancun! Shout out to nikki for making the stay fun!

• 1st Dec 2014

Great staff, great fun staying at Hostel Quetzal. Quite the party hostel to get in if you wanna have some fun in Cancún.

• 30th Nov 2014

Couldn't recommend this hostel enough!! If you want to meet people and have a good time this is definitely the right place. Dinner was delicious and everyone eats and drinks together after the tequila shot ritual. Big shout out to Nikki who really kept the party going. Her, Andy and Hugo were so lovely and helpful and made our stay great. Obviously, this is a party hostel so if you're a sleeper or partypooper, probably not the place for you!

awesome place. good times. staff was cool, andy nicky the others yeah. private room was pretty and had a balcony. Professional Peer Pressure. Yeah i enjoyed it.

Andy is the coolest! I hope you get to meet him! I hope you like tequila haha Also, the exchange rate there is better than most places and meals are included in your stay. Excellent hostel!

• 30th Nov 2014

Hostel Quetzal is BY FAR the best place to be on earth if you are on vacation and wanna have fun and meet people around the world. The staff is awesome, the atmosphere is excellent.. They really make you get along with others guests on beee pong games, free tequila shots and going out togheter every night. Ive stayed in hostel in over 30 countries, but never found one like this.. PERFECT!

I did not enjoyed my stay in Cancun, but perhaps it's mostly because it's too touristic and americanized... the hostel fits perfectly in there, which is why I was not a fan. The prices for the nights out are way to high for me - I don't even pay that in Canada where a drink costs almost twice as much than in Mexico! Anyway, you really need to be a party animal to appreciate Cancun and this hostel.

If your after a party hostel this is the one.

• 21st Nov 2014

This hostel has a great partying atmosphere. Communal dinner makes you meet people even if you don't want it. Don't expect to get much sleep here though. In fairness that's what they say in their description so you know what you're getting into.

Had the private room to myself! Loved it! Breakfast and dinner was good and the local market square was close with cheap food. It was a party hostel and the crazy Australian chicks staying there made sure it was. If you like sleep, don't bother staying. I really enjoyed the experience.

very clean hostel have re booked to return to this hostel includes a very nice breakfast and dinner staff are extremely helpful

• 10th Nov 2014

Great location, good party vibes, dorm and bathroom (very hot showers) were adequate, breakfast was yummy!