Hostel Quetzal Reviews

Orquideas N� 10, Cancun, Mexico

Very friendly atmosphere. You definetely make new friends there !

Nice hostel. The facilities are great, but the dorms are a bit to small.

It's a blast when they turn on the air conditioning

SUCH A FUN HOSTEL!

Hostel Quetzal was probably the liveliest hostel I've ever stayed in, and it was also the most fun. I never once felt unsafe and all the staff are great fun to be around. I would recommend this place to anyone heading to Cancun.

• 27th Mar 2015

Nicki, Andy and Jimmy (staff at the hostel) each made Spring Break an unbelievable experience. Cancun will never be as fun as it was this last trip. I hella miss the staff and all the friends I made. Totally stay here if you're looking for a incredible, quality experience. xoxo

• 20th Mar 2015

An amazing time with Mama, Alex, and the rest of the crazy staff. We felt right at home, all of our questions were answered, and we got all the inside scoop on the hotel zone, as well as less gringo places. Constant drinking games and family dinner with tequila made it really easy to meet friends from all over, and have more people to go out on the strip. Wouldn't recommend it for people who want a whole lot of sleep or who are not ok with being around a lot drinking. We can't wait to come back.

Pros: 1. Inclusive Atmosphere: Courtyard games, i.e. beer pong 2. Free Meals(Breakfast & Dinner): Food accommodations for vegetarians too 3. Nearby(2-3min walk): Outdoor Plaza w/10+ food vendors for cheap. There is also dancing, comedians, and shows to get a cultural feel of Cancun. 3. Staff: Andreas, Nikki, Jeremy were excellent hosts. Thanks Alex & Mama for the accommodations & love Tip: Save the money, take the RX-1, or RX-2 bus(both are 10pesos) to get to the bar area[10 minute ride]

Great Hostel and people :)

Great place to hang out all night or call home base to head to the hotel district.

What an amazing experience. Forget the hotel strip and all the fancy hotels ( I know... I tried them)... Hostel Quetzal is an ideal base to explore Cancun. Friendly, Informative and incredibly fun staff. You couldn't wish for more!

Everybody seemed to have a great time here!

Place was alright, but maybe a little dirty compared to another place around the corner that was the same price. The was no system for people to get in late at night either - people kept coming home and banging on the door for ages until someone else who was staying there would let them in. Staff were super friendly, but maybe a little too laid back sometimes. Definitely a party hostel though if that's what you're looking for.

Absolutely loved it, great atmosphere, clean beds and a fantastic place for meeting people. I got 7 roots there...10/10 for me

I had fun at this hostel and met some other travelers but I thought there would be more people staying here. They organize fun nights out too. You have to take a bus to the beach if you want to go but it's not too bad of a trip. I came alone and had a good time and it isn't expensive.

• 28th Feb 2015

Had a great time at this place and met some great people. Staff were good and always made the nights out really good fun. Dinners were nice but portions were small but it was induced in the price so you cannot complain! Location was good with great local food available near by and it was only a short walk from ADO station. Bus takes you to the beach/nightlife so getting about is easy.

Great party hostel! Friendly staff that organise group nights out, rooms pretty cramped, but it's a party hostel so it's what you expect!

I firstly ordered 2 night, but later on changed it to 1 night. Apparently because I stayed at the private room, the price didn't changed accordingly, and I was too tiered after the flight to surch for alternative...

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Israel

Really nice place in a good location. Good to meet people and party. It was surprisingly quiet during my stay, but I had a lot of fun. The night market close by must not be skipped if you're looking for good local food.

Hostel Quetzal is really cute & really fun and everyone was so friendly! It wasn't the cleanest but the price included so much! Breakfast & dinner (both quite good!) and there is a cute patio/yard. You get a shot of tequila with your dinner and it brings everyone together, which is really nice. I stayed in the private room which was large and I really liked it. The rest of the hostel was less appealing to me because of seeming run down/not very clean. But overall, it was very good.