Hostel Quetzal Reviews

Orquideas N� 10, Cancun, Mexico

The staff is really helpful and the atmosphere is really fun, I highly recommend coming here if you're looking to have fun.

Great hostel and staff. Would visit again for sure. :)

Really loved to stay at this Hostel! The brakfast

• 6th Feb 2015

This hostel has that "X factor". It is fun, crazy, great for meeting new people - never a dull moment! Great atmosphere! The staff are helpful, relaxed, and take part in the fun! There are lots of common areas and a bar for meeting new friends. The breakfast and dinner are very decent. The hostel organizes nightly outings to the clubs on the strip including pick up.

Great place to stay when travelling in Cancun. Highly recommended - staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.

• 2nd Feb 2015

The atmosphere is really good. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

be wary of lockers. things were stolen.from.a locked locker. lock your stuff inside your bag and lock.your locker. when reported they were genuine.but not shocked so seems very common. no doors on the dorms so it could literally have been anyone in.the hostel

Great atmosphere! Food was excellent. They catered to individual needs (I am vegan). Very helpful. I would stay here again.

The park across from the hostel offers free dance classes which I thought was cool. My only issue was that after booking through hostel world and having a remaining balance to pay in the hostel they charged using there own standard pesos-Us dollars rate so I ended up paying $6 more than originally quoted on the site.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Jamaica

The balance due to the hostel was 352 pesos for the two nights that you stayed and this is what you paid. Our exchange rate is the same as the casa de cambio. The dollar and the peso rate changes daily. We charged the exact amount indicated to us by Hostelworld.

We stayed for 6 nights in the private room, it was spacious, cleaned daily with new sheets and towels, the staff were very friendly and kudos to Andy for making it a great experience. He made it very fun and even came out with us a few nights and always made sure we were safe and taken care of and that everyone got home. The hostel is quiet during the day but at our nightly dinner, tequila shot and drinking games were fun and good to mingle with other people. Overall a great experience!

Nice party hostel! Had lots of fun!

• 17th Jan 2015

This is a TRUE party hostel! Located right where it should be, close to the bus stop in a super safe part of Cancun City. I traveled here alone, but made friends quickly with a good group of people that I went with everywhere. It was hard not to to go out every night and I'm in my 30's. I had a private room and it was worth the cost. I even ended up staying an extra day. The staff were friendly, the atmosphere awesome I wanted to enjoy myself here, and I did. I highly recommend it!

Great place! The people are awesome and the food is really good! Free shots of tequila before dinner and you'll never be short a drinking buddy

• 7th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Worst bathroom i've had in a hostel dirty shower no pressure. Meet great people during the free dinner !! We had great Time talking, drinking and eating all together

Our bathrooms are scrubbed cleaned everyday. Many times the same guests staying at the hostel are not so careful about leaving the bathroom nice for the next person. Sorry for that. We will be more careful to check the bathrooms. Water pressure is a problem in Cancun has alot to do with the water. We filter it so it its cleaner, filtering while you are showering causes poor pressure. BEST TO HAVE COMMENTED BOTH EVENTS TO MANAGEMENT AT THE TIME THEY OCCURED. THINGS EASILY SOLVED AT THAT TIME.

Awesome stay!

This hostel was great for my 3 night stop over in the Cancun. Close to transport, supermarket and the staff were amazing (especially Oscar). The hostel offered parties and a social scene if you wanted but you could also chill which I liked. Would definitely stay again.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Air con was not working and I expected a bit more of the club, they brought us to. But en general: a good hostel!

This place is a perfect hostel for those ones who really want to have FUN in Cancun! The Staff is super friendly, the breakfast and the dinner are amazing, and FREE ! I had such a great time, and meet so many people.

Such a great place to stay! The food was incredible and the atmosphere was so fun!! Beautiful location and great people and staff! I will definitely stay there again!

• 30th Dec 2014

Party hostel! Love the vibe and the staff, especially July! Free breakfast (Alvino, super awesome cook) and free dinner. Free tequila shot with dinner. Garden/patio area. Rooftop bar and bar in the patio. $2 Corona beers. Lockers. Sheets are washed and beds are made everyday! Clean bathrooms. No hot water, though (well, who needs it? Cancun is hot enough). And best of all, club deals every night. This hostel is for party-loving people and I loved every minute of it!