Hostel Quetzal Reviews

Orquideas N� 10, Cancun, Mexico

Amazing staff ! The description says party hostel and it lives to it description. Beerpong is not a game, it's a way of live. The atmosphere is great. The food is good but the portions are very small. You won't be full on what they are offering. Good price on the alcohol. It has a good location near the bus station. You can buy groceries at the supermarket which is a few blocks away. The dorms are very comfortable. If you're looking for a good time in Cancun, go there !

best hostel ever anywhere

Best hostel I've ever been stayed at,. The staff is great, the atmosphere is awsome. Make you feel welcome and safe. And help make your trip great

This place has an awesome family like atmosphere which is really nice. Everyone eats dinner together every night. Staff are also very helpful, Kelly is Australian so speaks English and is very knowledgable about the area. Downfall was that in the private room the shower was pretty bad only trickled water and was hardly ever hot, toilet blocked and There were also ants everywhere through out the room. Apart from this air con worked well which was desperately needed in that hot weather

We only stayed for one night as we were getting a flight home the next day so didn't really spend too much time at the hostel. The staff seemed super friendly and very helpful. We stayed in a private room on the top floor which had its own bathroom, balcony and air conditioning. If I visit cancun again I will be sure to stay again.

Fantastic hostel. Set in this cosy old house in downtown Cancun, right across from the main park/square. Brilliant vibe in this place, loads of other solo travellers. Dinner, tequila shots, drinking games at night in the garden all included. Met some great people here! Wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else in Cancun. Forget the all-inclusive hotels, this is where you want to be.

Great place to stay with lots of cocktails and tequila!! All the staff are very friendly and make you welcome! If you are looking for a party atmosphere and organised nights out this is the place to go! Would definitely recommend!

Amazing, fun and lively hostel! Staff are brilliant and the hostel feels like one big family as you sit and have dinner together every night. Breakfast and dinner is really really tasty! Hostel is clean, really good value for money. Would highly recommended if you like tequila and to party!

Easily the best party hostel in Cancun! If I could stay here for a year I would. This place comes with free breakfast and dinner cooked by an excellent chef. The place came alive at night, everyone there was very social. The lovely managers and staff were very helpful and even took guests out for a beach day. Amazing location. Will definitely return.

• 11th Jun 2014

Amazing staff! Had a blast highly recommend :)

• 3rd Jun 2014

Good place to stay if you want to party, the bathroom was not that clean. The hostel is in a good spot for a hostel, if you want to be near the beach you would need to book a hotel in the hotel zone. Close to the ADO bus station, walkable distance.

Great hostel, fun crowd and staff. They were very helpful even after I checked out, letting me utilise their wifi network to figure out my next move from there.

I had an AMAZING time. Everyone was super sweet and helpful. I had never traveled outside of the country alone before and I felt safe.

• 23rd May 2014

Had the best time met some amazing people and the mandatory beer pong just put the cherry on the top would deffenitly Recommend this hostel to any single backpacker

Hostel Quetzal had a good atmosphere, it was clean, the meals included were tasty, and the staff went out of their way to make fun activities each evening. The only downside is that the hostel, as many others are, a 20 minute bus ride to beaches and night life. I would recommend this hostel as it was cosy and easy to meet people.

Choosing to stay at Hostel Quetzal in Cancun was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The management and staff were absolutely amazing. They made us feel not only comfortable and welcome but also like part of their little family. Tequila shots at dinner, beer pong and drinking games every night.. You can't go wrong! Thank you to Vanessa, Alex, Cassanova, Jose

Great hostel. Awesome party vibe. It can be a bit relentless staying more than 3 nights but strap yourselves in for heaps of fun. Best to stay Wed - Sat as we heard it was really quiet Sun - Tues. Hostel is kept pretty clean, showers in the dorm are small and have minimal light at night so best to scrub clean in the daylight. SO much beer pong and tequila shotting!!

Super fun place to stay! I only stayed for 2 nights but if you have to be in Cancun... I think this place is great. I was traveling alone and made a lot of really great friends here who were also traveling alone! They make it extremely easy to socialize by having "family dinners" (which are actually really good!) and making everyone take shots of tequila if they break the hostel rules. It's very lively and the staff was super friendly and fun and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Cancun.

My friend and I stayed at this hostel about two weeks ago and we loved it! We are two young Australian girls who were abit worried about travelling and staying at a hostel in Cancun, however we felt very safe and the staff were great and very helpful! Loved the dinners that they gave us! The atmosphere was great for young people who like to party. And I loved how the staff organised trips at night to the nightclubs and stayed with you there for all or at least most of the night :)

• 5th May 2014

It's the best hostel I have stayed. Great staff, and welcoming atmosphere. It's a great hostel to spend the vacation and meet new people!