Hostel Quetzal Reviews

Orquideas N� 10, Cancun, Mexico

This was a great hostel that made me feel very comfortable from the first moment. The food was delicious and the staff friendly and fun. The 5 person girls room with private bathroom was clean and roomy.

• 6th Oct 2013

The atmosphere at the hostel as very good, we had a lot of fun. Breakfast and dinner were really good, beer was cheap. And the best daiquiris i've ever had:) but i'm pretty sure we caught bed bugs there so the staff might want to check that out! Without the bed bugs i'd recommend the place.

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Finland

Jeorje was the most amazing staff member i have met at any hostel. The shower was fine. The dorm room was good as had aircon and we got upgraded, thankfully as large dorm looked like a large sweaty mess. It was far from the main club district but close to the ADO I guess. It was fine, I just hated Cancun so my impression of the hostel is tainted too. With the exception of Jeorje, he brought joy to the soul destroying place.

Absolutely fantastic. Booked for 2 nights, stayed for 5. Great location, cheap buses to everywhere. Staff were beyond awesome. Fun loving, helpful and made me feel right at home :) the place was always clean and if there was anything I needed then they would take care of it immediately. Fast wifi, cooked breakfast and dinner were awesome too ( decent portions and solid meals with fruit and vege ). Overall, I had an amazing time. Would highly recommend. Cheers!

Great place to meet plenty of people and have loads of fun even when staying in!

Thank you for having me over 3 nights! Very good first time hostel experience. Tequila and beers with everyone for tea each night is a great way to meet people and become more comfortable.

Thank you for your kind comments we are glad you enjoyed your experience!

This is a hostel for party goers who like socializing and don't mind people shouting 24/24. Please don't forget to bring with you your earplugs like I did. You have to pay 25 pesos for the locker if you want to keep your valuables in a safe place. There is no internet access except wifi, which seems to be a norm in all Mexican hostels. Apart from that, it's close to Ado bus station and Plaza de las Palapas where you can enjoy real Mexico and have a nice meal.

We are specifically setup for party people who like socializing, hooking up and having a great time. Hostels are not the best option for people wanting to keep to themselves. Lockers are free to use, the $2 would be to buy a lock if you don't have your own. There is a reception computer which guests are welcome to use. All you have to do is ask, but since socializing was too hard i assume asking to use a computer would be too.

Had a great stay at a great hostel!!!! here are only some reasons: party every night free and good breakfast and dinner free tequila shot for dinner very nice atmosphere, you get to know a lot of fun people staff are really nice!!!!!!!!

Thank you it was a pleasure to have you!!

Best hostel ever! Just perfect for having a great time. Staff is super friendly and always up for a great time.

The hostel is a great place to stay if you are up for a party. Theres always a good atmosphere around the place with people trying to get things going every day. There is a relaxed feeling around the place with great banter with the staff which really adds to the stay. I would recommend that you practice beer pong before you go, because you will need it! Amazing service from staff to make sure you have everything you need (mainly beer), we were also really impressed with the cleaners and chef!

Thank you so much for your kind comments it was a pleasure to have you guys here always with a smile on your faces everytime we saw you and always up for a good time! Good luck with your travels and we hope to see you all again!

pretty nice hostel had a private room only problem was the room was right above the back courtyard so really loud no sleeping till at least 12pm. apart from that good value with breakfast and dinner included in price, if you want to party then this is the place.

The hostel is alright. They include a ready-to-cook breakfast and dinner, although the portion is very small. You´ll get what you need in a hostel, and there is air con at night so you will have a good night sleep. I didn´t like the fact that at the end of my stay, i put my vest that I washed on a chair in the patio area, went out for lunch for half an hour, and came back my vest was on the wet table! Also, during dinner staff will approach you to sell their night event, which costs 55 US.

We have in house same day laundry service and a huge backyard at the other end to hang clothes, towels or bathing suits to dry. Leaving a wet vest on a patio chair is not nice makes the garden look like a Chinese laundry and detracts from the tropical aspects in the garden for other guests. Shame to miss out on a night event Cancun is for PARTY and no one Parties Like Hostel Quetzal VIP TREATMENT EVERYWHERE MMMM always

I freaken love this place! The people are crazy awesome!! The bathrooms and rooms are clean!! The vibe is great and the food, wow!!

If you're looking for a cheap and clean place to sleep in Cancun, this is it. Even though its located in downtown Cancun, it is super close to the Main Street, restaurants and 2 blocks from the main bus terminal. We stayed in the all female dorm which had an aircon and fan and was meticulously clean. Staff are really friendly. Do be aware that it can get quite noisy at night - this is a party hostel. On the upside, they transport you to all the clubs in the hotel zone. Good tour info as well.

Heys girls thank you we are glad you enjoyed your stay here you were a lot of fun to have around and take out to the clubs. True party people!

I was stupid drunk and got pickpocketed in Cancun and the staff there loaned me money and did everything they could to help me close my debit card and phone... They were all super helpful and friendly and genuinely caring people... would definitely recommend to anyone

• 28th Aug 2013

Thanks we hope everything worked out for you!

The hostel centres almost entirely on getting drunk. It is run by a host of Australians who treat the place as if it were their student digs and every night is a party. If you don't get involved you are left feeling like an outsider. The sitting/TV are is taken over by drinking games in the evening and the following day the hosts lie about watching TV. Strange place.

• 25th Aug 2013

Every night is a party? its Cancun every night IS A PARTY. If your not getting involved of course your going to feel like that when everyone else is involved. Maybe join in the fun. Please read the description before booking into a place. You have rated us low for us supplying exactly what we described, a GREAT time for all who wants to get involved.

Good hostel, nice staff near the ado bus station. Had a nice time there.

This is definitely a great hostel, especially if you're up for partying. The included breakfast and dinner was excellent and most of the staff are really friendly and helpful.

Thank you! We hope you come back soon!

Exceeded all expectations!! Exactly as described, parties every night, excellent staff, cheap drinks and FREE tequila! Short bus ride to the beach, cheap tours booked through the hostel. Very social atmosphere, staff make it a priority to try and get every one involved. Exactly what you want from a party hostel in Cancun. Try to not lose beer pong.

• 21st Aug 2013