Hostel Quetzal Reviews

Orquideas N� 10, Cancun, Mexico

Great place to stay if you are looking for a place to crash for a night or two. The hostel has absolutely everything that you would want. Close to transport, food, super etc.

We were very disappointed that the pool was closed with no prior notice. There was absolutely no party and someone ate our food from the fridge (which we know was a staff member) Just overall very disappointing!!

• 10th May 2015

OUR POOL CONSTRUCTION STARTED JUST A FEW WEEKS AGO. We have announced our pool to open June 1st. PREVIOUSLY IT WAS JUST A GARDEN. I am confused at how you that a pool being built for the first time ever would be closed without notice, if it had yet to be completed. The party is constant we are a party hostel. Being that the garden is closed the party is in the living room or on the roof depending on the weather. May is a slow season but the party continues. Confusing comment you have left

great place, all the staff very friendly; dinner and breakfast are delicious!!!! I will be back.

• 6th May 2015
  • Mexico

Good atmosphere in the hostel. Get the Deluxe Double room, lots of space and even a little balcony.

Llegamos como a las 20:30 hrs., veníamos de Cancun, el hostal queda cerca del terminal de buses y al frente de una linda plaza, es grande y el staff muy amable, pero no nos quedamos ya que al llegar había una fuerte música y un ambiente de mucha fiesta y nosotras buscábamos descanso y dormir. El recepcionista nos explico amablemente que este era un "party hostel", lo que entendimos y buscamos otra alternativa, alrededor hay muchos hostales. Lo único malo es que perdimos el valor de la reserva...

Quetzal provides freshly cooked dinner and breakfast everyday which is amazing, especially for those on a budget. Rooms are basic but have everything you need. The hostel could use some more info on things to do around Cancun. There was no map or anything to tell you what was around and no info on tours or how to get to the beach or anything. Thanks to Malin for showing us around and taking us to the beach!!

This hostel was the best! SO much fun. Staff really awesome and there was always a great vibe. Tequila shots with dinner were the best. Definitely one of the funnest hostels I have stayed at and would go back for sure. Recommend it for anyone. The only downfall was that the rooftop bar was not working. I think a great benefit to this place would be to reopen the rooftop bar to have cocktails up there! The location is not that central to things but it east to navigate your way around with the bus

Buena ubicación. El agua de la ducha siempre salio fría. pero con el calor que Hacia no era necesario. Mejoría el desayuno. WiFi ok funciona.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Chile

Amazing hostel. Probably my favourite hostel in the world. Thankyou for such good times.

• 25th Apr 2015

I stayed for 3 nights and there wasn´t hot water in the shower (I asked several times and had no answer to my request). I had no problem in other aspects.

AMAZING EXPERIENCE! !!

Very friendly atmosphere. You definetely make new friends there !

Great staff, best atmosphere and good location. Every day has a good breakfast, dinner and shot tequila. But it'd have more electrical outlet in rooms and a better security system when you arrive in hostel.

Lugar super agradável , pessoas queridas q marcaram minha vida !

• 15th Apr 2015

Nice hostel. The facilities are great, but the dorms are a bit to small.

It's a blast when they turn on the air conditioning

SUCH A FUN HOSTEL!

Proche de la gare routiere. Personnel disponible et agreeable. Petit dejeuner et repas du soir inclus. Comme indiquee dans la presentation de l'hotel, c'est une auberge pour faire la fete (un bar est present au sein de l'auberge). Pour etre tranquille et se reposer, s'abstenir! Le lendemain matin, les salles de bain sont dans un etat execrable.

Hostel Quetzal was probably the liveliest hostel I've ever stayed in, and it was also the most fun. I never once felt unsafe and all the staff are great fun to be around. I would recommend this place to anyone heading to Cancun.

• 27th Mar 2015

Nicki, Andy and Jimmy (staff at the hostel) each made Spring Break an unbelievable experience. Cancun will never be as fun as it was this last trip. I hella miss the staff and all the friends I made. Totally stay here if you're looking for a incredible, quality experience. xoxo

• 20th Mar 2015