Hostel Quetzal Reviews

Orquideas N� 10, Cancun, Mexico

I really loved to stay at Quetzal! You get to know people so quickly and can party really good. The staff is the best!

• 9th Apr 2014

I found a few of the staff members to seem unwelcoming and uninformative, and the floors and restrooms to be unclean and smelly most of the time. The breakfast and dinner - both taste and service - were amazing and a great treat! Love the food stalls around the corner and park across the road.

Not the fanciest hostel in the world, but it is certainly one of the most social and a great value. I have stayed at hostels in 23 countries, and Hostel Quetzal is hands down the best. Things have changed since I first visited in 2008, but mostly for the better.

Cancelled our booking the day before we arrived with no reason. Had to go by and pick up the deposit we'd paid or they wouldn't return it.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Pretty good!

I had great time in this hostel! Staff were awesome and all in all super great day, i will definately go back there

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Finland

This is a serious Party hostel with everything that you would need to accommodate your party needs!! Location was ok its about a 5minute walk from bus station. The small dinner you get in the evening is delicious and a great way to meet everyone in the hostel, breakfast is good too. Dorm room has 16beds and not 12 like advertised but is a large space so you dont feel crowded and lots of windows so feels airy but the noise level from partiers coming in gets very loud.

Booked a room 3 months ago.my vacation started bad at the airport when I called the hostel for a pick up and was informed that they did not have a room for us,the guy on the phone was terribly rude and said it wasn't his problem that I didn't have where to go,anyway we made it to the hostel and it was a terrible place I felt so bad that we left 5min later,luckily we found a better hotel. Don't ever go to this place!it is better to pay a little more and don't go through what we did!

• 28th Mar 2014

It's totally an insecurity place especially for females! I don't know what was exactly happened on the first night of my stay, but there were a couple of drunk guys came into the female's room and tried to molest them! I will definitely not staying in this hotel again based on security issue.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Possibly the worst hostel I have stayed at so far the cleaning staff are the friendliest ones there front desk is uninformed and the bar always closes early ps. Stay away from the guy in the bar from new Zealand he's a total ass and has no respect for the hospitality industry

• 14th Mar 2014

Great place for a party, the staff are always in the know on whats going on in town! Located near the ADO bus station and a small park where you can get some local food from vendors. Was here for one night with another 3 nights booked! Can't wait to return!

In downtown cancun, staff were nice and friendly. Very young crowd as you can gather from the reviews and description. Lovely room with small balcony and plenty of room. Lots of areas to hangout including a big sun terrace and a nice backyard. Security was really good and the I couldnt really say anything about the place other than it was really well decorated, thought out and looked good as well. Did a trip to Chitzen Itza booked through them that i would recommend. Good area for eating local

The owner is very nice and helpful!

• 8th Mar 2014

This party hostel made my experience in cancun! Defiantly a party hostel. It is in the local centre or cancun (not hotel zone) which was good to see a bit more of the real Mexico. Was cheap and easy to get to the beaches and hotel zone. Food was great, drinks were cheap, staff were super cool and helpful! Beds were comfy, rooms were cleaned everyday. Would 100% recommend this hostel and will be back myself!

Good place and staff... awesome times just farway of hotels and nigth clubs but in downtown is nice too I recommend

Better than Vegas!!!

• 23rd Feb 2014

Sehr laut nachts (Party), das im preis enthaltene Essen recht knap bemessen.

WE ARE A PARTY HOSTEL our guests come to the hostel to meet people, have fun, party and have fun again. Our free dinner is a sampling of Mexican food prepared by a chef. Made for the party goer. It is not intended to fill your belly. But you may pay for a second serving if you are a BIG eater. Our prices are no more than our competitor hostel including dinner and egg and fruit breakfast. Do your math..Serving free dinners is very expensive for us, but we do it for the love of our guests,

I loved staying there (9 days). It's very social, you automatically talk to everyone and have dinner together every night. Good place to party, but also to relax (if you don't mind the loud nights). Food was good, portions rather small. Hot shower always worked and the room was cleaned daily. The staff was fun and very helpful with everything. It's a bit far from the beach, but the location is perfect if you wanna see the more authentic Mexico. Would definitely go back there again!

• 10th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

The best hostel I've ever been in. So good I came back for more buffalo.

Loved it everything and everyone was awesome would stay there again and recommend everyone to stay there

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4