Hostel Quinta Playa Reviews

2nd Street, Between 5th Avenue and Ocean, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

The top bunk beds were too much high, difficult to go up and down. The room wasn't so bad, it's spacious, the mattress was really unconfortable and dirty though. It would be nice to have some kind of security, anyone can enter to the rooms. Location OK.

Great location, staff and price.... But happened to get more than a few insanely itchy bug bites from the mattress which definitely killed the vibe of the trip.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Staff is great and really nice people. Would be a better place without the old man standing and smoking at the front door, (owner maybe?) Specially picky at mornings.

Very basic and a/c was actually just a second fan but staff were friendly.

I found the girls dorm very clean. Good kitchen to use and a nice little pool. Mattresses leave much to be desired as very lumpy and you can feel the springs.

• 16th Mar 2015

I am really trying to be fair here, but to me when place is dirty everything else stops to matter to me. And this one is very dirty, bathrooms look like they haven't been cleaned for months. Rooms are dark and hot. Staff is nice enough and it's right next to the beach, but that's about it.

Excellent location ! However I would not recommend staying more than a few nights as the beds were very uncomfortable. Breakfast is not necessarily included. No real security check during daytime (no keys for the room, make sure you have a lock pad).

Everything is great,apart from the bed bugs which are still with me since my stay in this hostel...

The hostal is okay, well located, and people are really friend. The only thing is that we got bedbugs the first night, we had them on all our body it was awful, so painful, we told them and they did not really do anything until the last night when we actually asked to change rooms. We found some bedbugs even in the clean sheets they gave us, so we were pretty angry about it. Then gave us a bit of refund.

The room has no window but it has a bathroom Therefore the air is realy bad in the room. The locker are quite nice and big. The mattress was horrible and not confirtable at all. The location is very nice though.

Bed bugs wouldnt allowed me to sleep. On top of that the administrator wouldnt listen and acknowledge the fault. I left the next day. I hope they will improve and change or clean well the matresses cause it used to be a good hostel 2 years ago.

• 1st Dec 2014