Hostel ROOM Rotterdam Reviews

Van Vollenhovenstraat 62, Rotterdam, Netherlands

This hostel was my favorite out of all the others I stayed at. The staff, at least the two Finns, are truly amazing. Security, Rooms, and breakfast were all very good. Downside is that it's a bit far to walk to anything of note. Make sure to say hello to the hostel dog!

Had a lovely stay here, the friendly atmosphere and staff made my time in Rotterdam a joy! I will definitely return as soon as I get the chance.

Great place to stay close to everything you would want in the city and beyond. Helpful staff and a clean kitchen for making your own meals.

• 9th Jul 2014

Very cool hostel. Each room is differently themed which is really different. Staff are fantastically friendly and helpful. Free breakfast is pretty good. Bar has a great vibe. Wifi in lobby only. Lexi the dog is adorable, cant imagine anyone having issues with her even if youre not a dog lover. Tram into town is 30 seconds away or you can walk or ride into town easily. They also make dinner some nights!! Yummy! Great place to stay :)

The hostel itself was great and the staff were really friendly. A minor discomfort for me was, the the bed left for me had no ladder, which made climbing up relatively difficult. Otherwisw it is a great place.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Hungary

The staff creates a warm environment that when we were touring we would run into people staying at the hostel and we would join them or join them in conversation later back at the hostel. The main first floor room was the gathering room to meet people. We never felt alone or worried that we did not understand the language or customs of this country. My family wants to go back!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A great place to stay.

Spent 4 more nights on top of the 62 I stayed here back in 2012 for study abroad. ROOM has maintained their great qualities and I hope to make more memories there in the future!

Love this hostel, very polite and fun staff, the atmosphere there is great .. would definitely recommend staying there. Location is also great, close to the port and Euromas... they also offer different coupons, tickets and discounts for tours in the port, to Kinderdijk (the watermills place) etc, just ask :)

Well, for the breakfast need some oranje juice :)

The location was really nice you could walk to all the touristic places, and have nice views of the port and the sorroundings, since Rotterdam is a beautiful city, I think this is a grat advantage. At least the room my sister and I was really comfortable, wasn't noisy at all and could rest pretty well. Perhaps the only thing I would complain of is the breakfast, it was kind of lame and just a few minutes later I was starving again. I think they could serve a better one for the price we paid

Very friendly and helpful staff, rooms were clean, close to euromast bridge, everywhere is within walking distance.

good place to stay for backpackers. Staff very cool and friendly. Easy to walk around into the city

No elevator and wifi has tons of problems

General is good, the staff is nice, and in the nearby a lot of restaurants and bar. The distance between the bunk bed is short, so not comfortable for lower one.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • China

Continental breakfast was good ;)

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Poland

One of the cheaper options in Rotterdam, but still great quality! Friendly and helpful staff, good free breakfast, the only thing I would say is the vibe is a bit weird sometimes in the common/bar area, felt a bit like a lot of long-stayers hanging around. But still, I would revisit and highly recommend! :)

This place was perhaps good for me, I like the bar at the first floor. Location is easy to find, you can get there easily by the tram. *The toilet is a bit dirty and shower room is too tiny. *Guest kitchen is old and dirty.

We stayed a day. Very close to the central station. You literally walk down the main road for 15-20 minutes and its there. Right near the water too. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Rooms were decent, sheets were clean, bathroom and showers were clean and warm. Breakfast was standard toast/coffee/cereal. Atmosphere was "rustic", met some nice backpackers there. Overall would recommend! Rotterdam is a very nice city.

helpful staff