Hostel ROOM Rotterdam Reviews

Van Vollenhovenstraat 62, Rotterdam, Netherlands

It was one of the best hostels that I've stayed lately. Room decorations were amazing, kitchen appliances were adequate. We arrived 1 hour before check-in time but they let us go to our rooms anyway. The only complaint I can make is that the wifi connection was not really good

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hi friend! Hopefully you had a great sleep amongst the decorations. We try our best to keep every room unique with its own theme. And the nice smell from the kitchen must have been from your cooking then! Feel free to share this with the staff anytime;) We have been updating our Wi-Fi connection recently! So next time you're in Rotterdam you have to come and try it out. Hopefully we'll meet again someday! All the best for now, and happy travels!

It was an absolute pleasure staying at the hostel ROOM! All staff members were quite warm, friendly, and inviting! And they often could offer a helpful hint or tip about Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and travelling to nearby cities. I am so glad I could extend my stay at hostel ROOM for another week! The living situation was just so comfortable.

Hi there! We are really happy to read that you had a great time here. Please feel welcome anytime. We're always up for a beer or a chat! Or we could give you some other hidden spots to visit of course;) Hopefully we'll see you again someday! For now, all the best from all ROOMies & a paw from Lexie.

My stay at ROOM Rotterdam was nothing short of spectacular! From top to bottom this hostel has a great feel and atmosphere to it. The two managers Monique and Miriam are absolute top birds and the rest of the staff follow there lead. Never have I met a more hospitable bunch of legends who are willing to help in any way they can. In addition to this, location is A grade. 5 minutes walk or ride from most of Rotterdams top attractions! I had a rippin good time at ROOM n would reccomend to anyone!

• 5th Jan 2016

Hi there Aussies! Its great to read you had such a spectacular stay in here! I guess there is nothing left to say for me but: 'Feel welcome to come back soon'! All of the legends here will be waiting for you behind the bar;)! Safe&happy travels!

I just think that the curtains in the sleeping rooms could be of a kind that would protect the street light to shine in at night. The toilet on the 3rd floor was closed for cleaning at 9am. (Maybe just that day). It is a cozy nice place and worthwhile the price.

Pros: staff were awesome, like really awesome. They were super friendly and organized cool events. We met some really cool guests and there was definitely a good party atmosphere. The breakfast was pretty standard but they had nice spreads like peanut butter, jam etc. Cons: there was so much noise by a few groups of people. The bathrooms were never very clean, and always busy. As well, the kitchen was often left quite dirty. I found the hostel over priced for what it had.

• 30th Dec 2015

Hi there! Happy 2016! Thank you for the review and great comment on our staff and atmosphere. However, we are really sad we didn’t meet your expectations on our bathrooms and kitchen. Especially because we just (2 weeks ago) renovated all our bathrooms with brand new tiling, toilets, rain showers and plenty of extra space! The hostel was really busy on NYE and yes, it was quite noisy that particular night with a little party in our kitchen. Sorry for that! We hope to see you again some time.

This place attracts a wide variety of people, from students on break to business travellers to retirees and sports teams. The breakfast is decent, and the bar was busy all night-- great mingling. The staff was super helpful- I got sick while I was in town and needed some extra assistance. The dorms are basic but clean You're not going to want to spend much time in there, anyway. You're a block from the water and there's always something going on in the common areas.

Hey you! Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We are a huge fan of the surroundings, great you liked it too. Hopefully our tips made you feel better soon enough to enjoy beautiful Rotterdam! Happy travels, and hopefully we can welcome you one day soon again!

Os quartos não tem lockers, ao invés disso são gaiolas que não dão muita segurança e mesmo assim em numero insuficiente ao numero de pessoas no quarto. Os quartos são apertados e em função da falta de lockers você fica meio preso num mar de mochilões/malas.

Very nice stay all and all

• 27th Nov 2015

Arrived later than said and were warmly greeted and and able to order from the kitchen despite being gone 11pm. Beds were comfy and good lockers in the room. Breakfast was better than expected. Bathroom facilities were clean and showers were pretty powerful. My girlfriend had an issue with someone sleeping in her bed, which staff were very quick to deal with. Overall, a great stay and would come back again.

This hostel is great! Good service, friendly people and really good atmosphere. Lexie is the best.

Lovely staff, useful facilities, amazing vibe. Best hostel

• 7th Nov 2015

Bathrooms weren't ideal as like public toilets, very loud on a Saturday night so not great for a good night sleep. Other than that pretty standard

Nice hostel. Very cosy, next to subways and city center. We had the pasta night it was very good. The rooms are very beautiful and funny. Bad point: the bathroom. Nowhere to put your clothes, wet everywhere. Ont the last floor it is very uncomfortable to have the toilet in between two showers: while sitting your feet gets totally wet and while sowering veeeery unpleasant to smell your neighbour...

Great location right near the water front! Rustic setup, lovely staff, and a stellar music playlist!

I really like the atmosphere that Hostel Room give to their guest. Really enjoyable and especially when i come there, they have live music in night! so good to watching that!

A bit far from the train stations but accessible by tram. Everything else was great!

Nice hostel, the staff is really kind and helpful.The private room is huge and the bed was the biggest bed that I ever see, even in a hotel. I'll be back here if I go to Rotterdam again.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Spain

unfortunately the breakfast is from 8:00 and I think it should be from 7:00 for people like me who starts work at 8:00 !!

• 15th Oct 2015

Really great hostel in Rotterdam. The only things that bothered me were that under my bed there was a bunch of broken glass and the wifi was slow even in the foyer. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

The breakfast included in the price is more than enough, yet you are given the chance to better it paying a reasonable amount. The location is excellent, just a few minutes away on foot by the Erasmus bridge and the cube houses. The staff is very helpful and kind, besides the atmosphere is a high-five. There's a bar in the basement that leads to some mess and noise sometimes but, generally, the sleep is granted. They clean everything everyday, so the sense of hygiene is evident. I'd stay again!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3