Hostel Revolution Reviews

Los Rios N13-11 y Julio Castro, San Blas, Quito, Quito, Ecuador

I had a great time in this hostel. Staff is nice and Sandra explains you everything that you must know about the city The hosts is located in the historical center so better don't going out at night unless you take a taxi.

• 14th May 2015
  • Mexico

If you are looking for a quiet, clean and convenient hostel in Quito with spacious dorms, a well-appointed kitchen, hot showers and a warm and inviting atmosphere then you really need to look no further than the Revolution. All of this is carefully orchestrated by the owner, the indomitable Sandra, who will recognise you by name, introduce you to other travellers and quietly ensure that your time in Quito is both enjoyable and rewarding. Outstanding value for money. Strongly recommended.

Firstly this is not a party hostel, if that's your thing go to La Mariscal. This hostel was really social and had a great atmosphere, great communal areas and TV room with English DVDS. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and it had hot water a the time. Helpful staff to tell you where to go and how to get there. Great location in the middle of the historical centre and a short cab ride to La Mariscal. A brilliant hostel and a great stay!! Thank you Sandra

Awesome Hotel. Friendly and nice place and the owner is very helpful. Many people stay longer because they love this place so much.

• 4th May 2015

We had an excellent stay at this hostel. We were only there for one night and arrived rather late but we were very impressed with how this hostel is run. The hostel owner is extremely nice. We were able to stay and use the facilities the entire day after we checked out. The kitchen was very organized and the entire place was extremely clean. The owner recommended a great walking tour and also arranged a ride to the airport for us. Overall great experience.

• 1st May 2015

We only stayed 1 night as a stop between Galapagos and Colombia. It seemed like a great base for exploring Quito. The staff had lots of information about the city and the hostels kitchen seemed to be well used.

Very reasonably priced, but a nice and clean hostel, which is all you really need

• 29th Apr 2015

Hostel Revolution was the best hostel I have stayed by now! It's very well organised, much information about Quito is spread out across walls and cupboard desks. The kitchen was the cleanest and most well organised kitchen I have seen so far in a hostel (fresh, dry towels in abundance!). On top, the staff is ever so helpful! This leaves me to recommend this hostel by any thinkable means!

Stayed here for two weeks and I highly recommend the place for anyone visiting Quito. * Great kitchen! * Super clean * Very well run

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Norway

I found the hostel very welcoming place to stay. It was a bit quieter than some of the other hostels I have stayed in, although not in a bad way. The reception was manned mostly by volunteers whilst I was there, so their knowledge of the area wasn't as good as a local but they did their best to help out. The hostel is well placed next to Simon Bolivar Metro bus station, a bit more of a walk from La Mariscal or the colonial quarter. I enjoyed my visit and would stay again.

Wonderful atmosphere close to many beautiful churches, parks, and cheap food. The showers were always clean and had hot water. The beds were even made for us every morning. Also, the kitchen had everything a backpacker on a budget would need to make a good meal on the cheap. The staff was good, with the exception of the owner. She was short both with her staff and with guests. I would recommend this hostel.

Very clean and organized place that still offers a lot of atmosphere. The staff is exceptionally well informed and helpful. With their help I was able to see quite a lot of Quito, though I was only there for a very short time. Thanks a lot! Would definitely come back!

Stayed 3 nights in 8 bed dorm. Quiet hostel (NOT a party hostel) with good atmosphere. Good common rooms and kitchen. Hot showers. Staff are very helpful.

Nice hostel. Quite quiet but one of the hostel volunteers wanted to go out so that was OK. Kitchen was really well equipped but you better clean up after yourself. Although this also means that you can find stuff to cook with though. They lent me a padlock when I had forgotten mine for the under bed locker and gave lots of advice on transport and things to see. Do the walking tour with Peter!

• 23rd Apr 2015

This is a good hostel. The staff is amazing, they really help you with your requests. I honestly felt like if I was at home, because that´s the atmsphere. So, if you are looking for somewere to party, that´s not the place. For it to be perfect they could provide us a breakfast, even if it was payed. :) Good wifi and excelent beds :)

Really enjoyed staying here, within walking distance of the Old Town. The staff were really friendly, and the kitchen was amazing! So nice to finally be able to cook a decent meals and in a super clean kitchen!

An excellent choice while staying in Quito. It's position is great - half way between the historical centre and La Mariscal. Sandra, the owner, was very helpful and keeps the hostel, including the best kitchen you could hope for, very clean. There are cheap Happy Hour drinks and plenty of useful information for transport directions and things to do. Hostel Revolution was a great place to stay for my daughter and myself.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Kitchen was the best hostel kitchen we've ever had! Sharp knives, non stick pans that were still non stick, super friendly staff and nice chilled atmosphere. Highly recommend if you don't want a party hostel.

Good experience; really nice and helpful staff with good and clean facilities. Perfect hostel

A gem! Rooms are spacious, comfortable & cozy and the atmosphere is relaxed $ tranquil. Not a party hostel but beer flows in the common room & roof garden w/ view. Kitchen is the nicest I've seen in S.America-huge, well appointed and modern. The place is incredibly clean and well run. They have info on how to see the sites by bus and all the info you need to have a great stay. It's well located by the Old Town, but you can easily walk to the New Town. I highly recommend this lovely place!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4