Hostel Revolution Reviews

Los Rios N13-11 y Julio Castro, San Blas, Quito, Quito, Ecuador

The reviews had made us think the staff would be fantastic however the girl in reception always seemed disinterested or annoyed when we asked her questions or needed to check in or out. the hostel was under ronovation and smelt terribley of paint and gave us all a headache so we had to leave for the day and there is absolutely no atmosphere. not too close to the nightlife but only 4 stops on a local bus. Good if you want a good bed and a good kitchen however but only luke warm showers.

We are not undergoing renovations. One bathroom was painted. The paint smell is long gone. I'm sorry for your headache.The receptionist spent the time with you and gave you a tour. Also, she is not the only staff. I talked to you after replacing the lock on your bed and you smiled and said everything was fine. Our showers are scolding hot and the bathroom looks like a steam room every morning.The hostel does not entertain the guests but provides the space to meet and mingle to create atmosphere.

Great hostel! Location is great, just some blocks away from the cathedral, the old town and the market. The atmosphere is nice, people working there have always been really helpful and the place is always clean.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Argentina

First of all, the hostel was comfortable and felt very safe. No outside alcohol...but not to worry, cheap drinks if you want to pregame before going out. Close enough to walk places, $3 taxi t most when it gets dark. Hostel provided clear directions from airport and I was able to check in earlier than expected. Kitchen had everthing I needed to cook. Sandra the owner answered all my questions and was an awesome resource. She went out of her way to help me and a friend. Will stay here again.

An amazing place! I stayed there a few nights and had to leave earlier to catch a flight, but no problem with anything! Close to the downtown of Quito so you can walk there, and there's a lot of nearby stores and food spots if you don't want to cook. Definitely gonna stay there again when I'm back in Quito.

This hostel was one of the best ones I've stayed in since I came to South America. The owner is extremely helpful with anything you need. Beds are comfortable, atmosphere is really chilled and they have hot water all the time in showers. Would recommend it for short or long stays and its location is right between old and new areas of Quito.

From the moment i set foot in this lovely place i felt at home. From the warm welcome to the clear explanations and the friendly and courteous staff. Hostel Revolution has a fantastic kitchen with great equipment/utensils, maintained in great condition as are the spacious dormitories, bathrooms and common areas which include a great big plasma HD screen for keeping up with all the major sporting events and the internet and wi-fi are very good too!! Lots of movie choices too!!

Nice hostel, good bathrooms with hot water, great kitchen facilities, cool staff great location. Great everything. Definitely would recommend

Only stayed here for 1 night but the place was really nice and the staff were really friendly and spoke English fluently. Comfortable beds and big screen tv to watch the Copa Cup. Showers were communal but plenty of hot water to go around. Nice respectful guests and a nice little bar. I would go back!

Really clean, friendly and well-located hostel with a very well equipped kitchen and library. Stayed there twice in different dorms and once had an amazingly comfortable bed and the second time I stayed there I could hardly sleep and woke up with a stiff neck, because the bed (No. 1) was so uncomfortable. Forgot to tell them when I left, but they were so nice and well organized, I'm sure they will check the bed once they read this...

We stayed here for 5 nights and wished we could have stayed longer! Great hostel, atmosphere, people and staff! Also in a great location between old and new town, and there is a bus station just 1 block away. Wifi works very well throughout the hostel. There is also a very nice kitchen which is great for cooking. My favorite part of the hostel was the roof terrace which unlike other hostels in Quito remains open 24/7. I highly recommened this place.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

This hostel was gorgeous! Super clean and the staff were helpful too. The only thing taking away from the 100% is the hostel is located in between the old and new towns, which is great because you have access to both during the day as a nice walking trip, but you pretty much have to take a taxi to go anywhere at night (safely) and breakfast isn't included. The view from the rooftop is stellar and it is close to several other hostels. The atmosphere was chill, yet social. Definitely recommended!

Brilliant brilliant brilliant hostel! Where to start: great wifi throughout, well equipped kitchen, friendly and knowledgeable staff, clean bathrooms and dorm, TV to watch the football, good location near the historic centre and transport links, secure property with lockers in the dorms. Highly recommended!

This one of the best hostels I've been, if not the best! Is very clean, the staff is really welcoming and helpful. I totally recommend this place!

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Honduras

We had a great time in Quito. It all starts from having a good base to work from. The kitchen was one of the best we have encountered in South America. The staff we friendly and helpful, the beds were comfy and the atmosphere at the hostel was good. We would recommend staying at hostel revolution!

Nice relaxed place with good facilities.

Great Kitchen. Great Location. Overall, a quiet and laid-back hostel you can call home when your staying in Quito.

I had a great stay at hostel Revolution. The staff is really nice and the hostel is located close to the historic centre. It is also the cleanest hostel I've ever seen. I would definetely recommend this place is you're visiting Quito!

• 15th Jun 2015

Hostel has best kitchen in South America. The showers have wonderful water pressure and the water is more than hot within a few seconds. A great deal for what it has to offer!

• 8th Jun 2015

Perfect hostel, wish more were like it. Great kitchen and living room. Chilled out vibe rather than party hostel. Good amount of showers. Cant fault it.

Kitchen is superb. Huge space with plenty of new utensils and pans. Rooms are okay, beds are comfy, under bed storage not secure. (Can reach hand thru side and get stuff out). TV room is adequate for size of hostel with huge range of English dvd's. Hot water always available. Negative points were the constant passive aggressive signs with the threat of being charged if you did not obey, and the roof terrace not utilised to full potential. Not an overly sociable hostel but nice enough.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4