Hostel Revolution Reviews

Los Rios N13-11 y Julio Castro, San Blas, Quito, Quito, Ecuador

Great hostel, relaxed vibe, and quite. Nice terrace. The only negative is that the wifi is slow everywhere, but he main floor, however, on the main floor it is awesome. Definitely will be back.

Comfortable place to stay -- the staff were very kind, and helped us figure out how to get around, called a taxi for the airport, etc. It's hard to be in a "good" location in Quito since it's so spread out, but it was very close to a bus stop, and the cool buildings in old town are only a small walk away.

It was a pleasant stay, the owner Sandra was very welcoming and truly is the heart of the hostel. Particularly appreciate all the materials available for any reference on how to get to specific attractions.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Hong Kong

I have fallen in love with very few hostels. This is one of them.

During my whole trip, this was the best hostel I have been to. I stayed one week. The people are so nice and helpful (maps, recommendations...). Sandra (the boss) is the best and so funny. The dorm was huge and had a wonderful ceiling. Everything was impeccable. The kitchen is huge and well equiped. But THE BEST was the atmosphere. We would eat, play, drink and go out together... So much fun. Want to go back. I CAN ONLY RECOMMEND HOSTEL REVOLUTION!!! Timm

• 17th Aug 2015

It was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Everything was clean, the owner has created a friendly atmosphere where it was easy to meet people. Hot water, good wifi, this place rocks.

I booked one night and ended up staying four, lovely little hostel with a great atmosphere. The kitchen is probably the best I've had so far, it was clean, enough room for more than one person to cook and had all the utensils you needed. Very easy to meet other backpackers

Fantastic hostel. Favourite in 4 months in Soutb America. Very well equipped kitchen. Friendly staff. Social area great particularly during happy hour.

This hostel has been one of the best i have ever stayed in. It is located right in the middle of old town so is within easy walking distance of all of the main sites. There is also a well equipped kitchen and a large dining table where everyone eats and they sell cheap drinks. The rooms are large, quiet and clean. The staff were extremely helpful and so friendly. They knew a lot about tours, local area and night life. They let us use their phone frequently! Could not recommend more!

• 10th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I stayed at this hostel for about a week and this was my favorite hostel that I stayed at during my 2 month South American trip. The rooms were cleaned every day, the showers were hot and the kitchen was great. Although breakfast is not included there is decent coffee provided (not Nescafe!) and a nice common area for people to chat along with a TV/Movie room. The staff and volunteers were very friendly. Definitely recommended!

• 9th Aug 2015

Very nice and clean hostel, very well located, nice view on the roof! I had to shorten my trip there to go outside of Quito, but I will probably come back to this hostel when I go back in Quito!

The hostel was very clean and Sandra was SO helpful. If you arrive in the morning, however, you may have to wait for your room, but this wasn't a problem for me personally.

I felt like at home, honestly.

Nice, quite Hostel. Definitely enjoyed my stay there.

Good location, nice beds, hot showers, excellent wifi in all parts of the building, Sandra and the staff were great!

• 23rd Jul 2015

Lovely hostel... Small and quiet ... The nicest... Cleanest kitchen i have seen the whole 5 months travelling it had everything it was awesome,,. Beds comfy and big dorms ... Shower wasn't very hot : (

The reviews had made us think the staff would be fantastic however the girl in reception always seemed disinterested or annoyed when we asked her questions or needed to check in or out. the hostel was under ronovation and smelt terribley of paint and gave us all a headache so we had to leave for the day and there is absolutely no atmosphere. not too close to the nightlife but only 4 stops on a local bus. Good if you want a good bed and a good kitchen however but only luke warm showers.

We are not undergoing renovations. One bathroom was painted. The paint smell is long gone. I'm sorry for your headache.The receptionist spent the time with you and gave you a tour. Also, she is not the only staff. I talked to you after replacing the lock on your bed and you smiled and said everything was fine. Our showers are scolding hot and the bathroom looks like a steam room every morning.The hostel does not entertain the guests but provides the space to meet and mingle to create atmosphere.

Great hostel! Location is great, just some blocks away from the cathedral, the old town and the market. The atmosphere is nice, people working there have always been really helpful and the place is always clean.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Argentina

The best hostel we stayed in, in South America. Awesome kitchen, has everything you need and is large. Clean rooms and friendly staff, everything you need. Great location, close to a Tia and a short walk to the old town. We highly recommend!

First of all, the hostel was comfortable and felt very safe. No outside alcohol...but not to worry, cheap drinks if you want to pregame before going out. Close enough to walk places, $3 taxi t most when it gets dark. Hostel provided clear directions from airport and I was able to check in earlier than expected. Kitchen had everthing I needed to cook. Sandra the owner answered all my questions and was an awesome resource. She went out of her way to help me and a friend. Will stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4