Hostel Revolution Reviews

Los Rios N13-11 y Julio Castro, San Blas, Quito, Quito, Ecuador

My stay here was really enjoyable and I would recommend this hostell to anyone. The only things that weren't perfect were that the owner was a bit rude at times and the safes were quite shady. But all in all I had a great stay and met a lot of really nice people. The location is perfect, too.

• 24th Feb 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We only had one contact during your stay here. I asked a group of people if they had their stuff in the locker that belonged to another bed. It happened to be yours. I am sorry that was offensive to you. When you say safes I think you mean lockers. Not sure what the issue was but I wish you had pointed it to me while you were here. I can only improve things that I am aware of. Either way it was a pleasure having you here.

Everything was perfect in this hostel. Thanks Sandra. She is wonderfull host. Highly recommend.

Ended up staying here 4 nights (we had originally booked 2). Staff is great and Sandra, the owner, was the best host ever. Good relaxed atmosphere and nice people.

Well equiped kitchen and definitely one of the most relaxing hostels I've ever stayed at.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Austria

One of my favourite hostels. Dorms are nice and spacious and it is a relaxed but sociable atmosphere. In a quiet part of town but super easy to get to old town or plaza fochs.

My main complaint would be that the owner did not know the basic rules to Perudo, which was disappointing. If you are visiting this hostel, please teach her. Other than that, I can probably say that it's one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The kitchen is a highlight, nice atmosphere, and super friendly staff. Thanks.

Nice hostel, but you'll be getting a taxi everywhere at night because the old town shuts down at night

Nice old hostel, close to public transport. There is a god atmosphere and the staff is really friendly. All you need for a stay in Quito.

Excellent location. Friendly and professional staff. Clean rooms and warm showers. I definitely recommend.

Staff were great, location was perfect and general atmosphere of the hostel was cosy and friendly.

• 3rd Feb 2015

I stayed here for 3 nights and the place is great. It's in the old part of the city with evrything close by- for non-Spanish speakers the staff speak both Spanish and English.Vry good kitchen for cooking and a roof deck

Great atmosphere and facilities.. staff went out of their way to accomodate our needs. It was really our first hostel experience after spending just one night at a nearby hostel. Would defjnitely recommend.

• 23rd Jan 2015

One block from a metro stop, the hostel it's well located, a short walk from both old town and new town. The facilities are outstanding (big kitchen, huge DVD collection etc) and it is clear a lot has been invested in keeping them top notch. The average age of the people staying there is a lot higher than other hostels I've stayed in. This is certainly not a party hostel.

I stayed at Hostel Revolution for about 2 Werks because I took Spanish lessons in Quito. The people are very polite and help you with everything. The place is clean and new. It is not noisy at all except dogs barking at night or a few cars. I like it to have a hostel that is not a place for party and fun, more for relaxing. For bars and clubs you can go to Mariscal, that takes you about 5 minutes by cab. All in all this place is amazing and whenever I'll come back to Quito I'll stay here.

• 21st Jan 2015

Well maintained, clean hostel, with big comfy beds. The kitchen is amazing, with the best and cleanest cooker I've seen in South America! Showers always had warm water. Staff are very friendly and helpful. no breakfast included, but lots of places to get food nearby.

Great place to stay right by the old town and a short taxi ride from La Mariscal. All the facilities and rooms are clean and the beds are some of the comfiest I've stayed in anywhere. Staff are all very friendly and helpful and help to create a relaxed friendly atmosphere. you can tell the the owner Sandra really cares that the guests are happy there. will always be my first choice in Quito.

Great place to stay. Nice dorms, hood common space. They very accommodating with us as we had confused our reservation and needed to be let in very early. Highly recommend!

It was a nice hostel, but a little bit quiet, not a party hostel if you want something chilled though it's good.

Good clean, spacious hostel with nice big clean kitchen available to use for guests. Friendly, helpful staff. Usually very good Wifi (wasn't working a few days I was there). A bit lacking in atmosphere.

Pleasant clean hostel.Good kitchen. Great selection of films. No wifi when we were there but think this was due to an electrical storm so we were just unlucky. Not pleased about the expensive water ... its a very small botlle for the price, just several mouthfuls. Would be good to have a water dispenser or just sell decent size bottles so you don't feel cheated. Would stay again though, although that's unlikely because we didn't care for Quito much - all we got told was that we would get robbed!

We sell 500ml bottles of water for $0.75. Readers can judge if half a litre of water is just several mouthfuls. Guests can buy water elsewhere, or boil tap water and drink it later. Dispensing water is a noble bust cost prohibitive idea. Our value for money rating is already at 94%. Listing hypothetical situations does not help anyone. Over 15 months in Quito and I never got robbed because I take precautions, I advise others to do the same. I am glad that you did not have a bad experience.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4