Hostel Revolution Reviews

Los Rios N13-11 y Julio Castro, San Blas, Quito, Quito, Ecuador

Well maintained, clean hostel, with big comfy beds. The kitchen is amazing, with the best and cleanest cooker I've seen in South America! Showers always had warm water. Staff are very friendly and helpful. no breakfast included, but lots of places to get food nearby.

Great place to stay. Nice dorms, hood common space. They very accommodating with us as we had confused our reservation and needed to be let in very early. Highly recommend!

• 20th Jan 2015

Good clean, spacious hostel with nice big clean kitchen available to use for guests. Friendly, helpful staff. Usually very good Wifi (wasn't working a few days I was there). A bit lacking in atmosphere.

Pleasant clean hostel.Good kitchen. Great selection of films. No wifi when we were there but think this was due to an electrical storm so we were just unlucky. Not pleased about the expensive water ... its a very small botlle for the price, just several mouthfuls. Would be good to have a water dispenser or just sell decent size bottles so you don't feel cheated. Would stay again though, although that's unlikely because we didn't care for Quito much - all we got told was that we would get robbed!

We waited for 2 hours outside of the hostel, because the hostel has a policy where they don't let people in before 8 AM. Which is fine. However, one of the guests went for breakfast and let us in at 7.30 AM, because it was freezing outside. We waited for half an hour in the common area. When the hostel owner arrived at 8, she was extremely rude. She told us we had to wait outside until she would let us in and that we invaded her house (while it is a hostel for guests).

• 17th Jan 2015

Extremely rude is to verbally attack people in their own house and blame them for your own mistakes. We informed you that we do not open until 8am. You chose to sit in front of the hostel inappropriatelly dressed (12 Celsius is hardly freezing) and exposing yourself to all kinds of dangers. You an unprepared traveler that uses poor judgement. An unfair review does not change that fact. Everyone reading, please follow the instructions sent to you from the hostel, do not ignore them.

5-star hostel in Quito. I couldn't come up with a suggestion so far. The kitchen, the wifi, the public computer, the movie room, the terrace, the friendly staff, the backside mountain with fantastic view of the city......all these things made my stay during the upsetting weather in Quito.

Sandra and Ray and all their volunteer staff have been very generous with their abundant knowledge of Quito, Ecuador and South America. All are seasoned travellers with helpful tips on safety and money saving. Secure storage for our excess luggage when we ventured into the jungle. Bright clean comfortable room. Quiet atmosphere with friendly, respectful guests.

you can walk to centro historico y mariscal. don't miss peter's free walking tour. good facilities and helpful staff. recommended.

SandraSandra, hostel operator, is awesome.the hostel is clean, well organized, and comfortable. Great beds!

Great location. Not noisy. Helpful staff. Comfy beds and lots of room in dorms (hard to come by) tours available. Hot showers. Best kitchen I have ever used- spacious clean and fully equipped.

A nice clean hostel with comfortable beds, well equipped kitchen with free coffee and tea, cosy living room to watch movies and social spaces. The location is relatively good, 15-20 mins to the old town centre by foot and public transport within a few minutes walk. Management and Staff are kind and helpful. Value money for sure.

I had a really nice stay here! The kitchen is more than really well equiped, Sandra the owner answers every question and you can spend such a nice time with her, also the staff is so nice and shows you nice places. I defently will come back! Thanks so much! El mejor hostal del mundo, me encanta, muchas gracias a Sandra y leni! Ein super tolles hostel in dem man ausspannen und schön die zeit genießen kann. Man fühlt sich wie daheim und aufgehoben. Highly recommended

• 4th Jan 2015

Its such a great hostel, its clean and i mean clean (lenny the cleaning lady is so cool) hot showers, good working wifi even on the terasse the kitchen is better equipt than the kitchen of my mom in this kitchen you find everything you need wathever you want to cook, you can meet a lot of very cool people and if you have any question or need something you can ask sandra she definitely will help you! And this point greetz to Sandra

I (24) finally took my mother of nearly 60 years old on a short backpacking trip and hostel revolution was her first hostel experience. Needless to say, she loved it and is hooked now! Sandra was one of the most friendly, caring, and helpful hosts I have ever had in a hostel from my 6 years of hostel experiences. The bathrooms are always spotless, the beds are very comfortable, and the noise is quiet enough for a great sleep at night. The kitchen is also spotless and the location is great!

• 31st Dec 2014

In my 3 months travelling in South America this is the best hostel I have stayed in. It has all the ingredients a backpacker requires of a hostel. Good location in quiet road but not far to walk to historic centre. Cleanest and best equipped kitchen I have seen. Clean comfortable beds. Hot showers. Friendly helpful staff who speak English. Communal area to socialise. Good wifi. Well done Sandra!

We only stayed one night as we were flying to Santiago early the next day. The hostel was beautiful with hardwood floors, a large, clean, kitchen, and a rooftop to hang out on. Staff were friendly and helpful; they booked our early morning cab for us. When we come back to Quito at the end of our trip will be staying here again for sure.

I really liked my stay here. The view from the rooftop terrace is lovely and the common and tv rooms are very comfy and sociable. the staff were fun and the hostel is near a supermarket, beside a park and in the old town. Tthey had loads of information abotu things to do in and around quito and it was nice that while it was lively during the day after 11pm it calms down enough that you can sleep. Spent xmas day there and had an amazing dinner. overall would recomend strongly.

HR was a wonderful place to stay. The staff are simply fantastic people. There's a real community feeling here. They know Quito and are more than capable of answering your travel questions. The location is really central and there's plenty of food and drink around. The hostel itself is simple, colourful, and feels like a home. You'll be safe and comfortable and will likely make some new friends during your stay here.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • India

great hostel! i strongly recommend it!

Felt very at home here + they let me store my bags for a month! Wonderful staff and other guests.

« first « Prev 1 2 3