Hostel Revolution Reviews

Los Rios N13-11 y Julio Castro, San Blas, Quito, Quito, Ecuador

Really enjoyed my time here, really well equipped kitchen and rooms are spacious and clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Meet some amazing people here... Main communal area has bean bags and a lot of space plus a 40-50in TV. Didn't measure it but it perfect size for room. Revolution also has a roof terrace.. So you have access to amazing views and a place to chill or relax or do early morning yoga etc. highly recommend this hostel if you are in Quito. Martin J F

Sandra is an amazing host! The hostel is clean and spacious.. It's not a party hostel but you get to meet a lot of cool people by just hanging out in the common room. Will definitely stay here when I come back to Quito..

Great place that can both be cozy and a great place to socialize. Not a party, but during happy hour everyone seems to hangout together and have great conversation. Sandra and the staff are incredibly accomodating and friendly.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Very comfortable, friendly, homey place! Warm water, great kitchen, TV room with tons of DVDs, beds made every day, and a beautiful rooftop terrace with great views of the city. The owner, Sandra, is very warm and helpful and provided us with lots of advice for getting around Quito and travelling to other spots nearby. Hostel Recolution is a great home away from home while travelling, and a great spot to meet other friendly travelers!

Sandra is a great hostess. The staff are very helpful and informative. Nicest kitchen I've gotten to use in South America. It's really well equipped and clean. There are lots of bathrooms and showers so you are never left waiting and they are very clean. Really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely recommend it. Thanks Sandra :)

Excellent, quiet location, good wi-fi, extremely helpful owner, happily stay there again.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Awesome place to stay in Quito! Definitely recommend

• 10th Sep 2014

Great little hostel. Nice and relaxing, lovely dorm rooms and cosy common areas. Makes it easy to meet fellow travellers. Peters walking tour which leaves every morning is a must-do also!

Although I only stayed there for a couple of nights, I enjoyed it a lot. The staff has always been very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was amazing: like being in a family. I met very nice people. The kitchen is amazing: very clean and fully equipped with what you need. Definitely worth a visit.

Excellent hostel, with friendly staff and a location very close to old town. This hostel was far nicer than a hotel we stayed in in Quito's New Town

This is a really cozy small Hostal in the heart of Quito. There are not many Hostels anymore where you can quickly feel as home...here warm showers (not normal in Quito, even if promised), comfortable beds, TV room with a wide selection of DVD's, a small bar as a easy way to meet people and especially the super-well equipped kitchen and so on make you soon feel like this. I would recommend this Hostel for your stay in Quito!!

• 27th Aug 2014

I absolutely loved my time at Hostel Revolution. Located within walking distance of the old town, and a short cab ride to the new city for fancy bars, restaurants, and more, this was my haven during my time in and out of Quito. The staff is extremely helpful and professional, while being very personable and well traveled themselves. Any question we had, they had a helpful answer and were delightful. I couldn't recommend this place more.

An excellent value for the money and good location! The owner Sandra and her staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Loved the atmosphere in the communal room with a huge Sony TV on the wall and friendly banter among the guests. One of the cleanest hostels I've seen and the kitchen is THE BEST, equipped with good utensils, oven, blenders, toasters, etc. Loved the rooftop with the view of the neighbourhood and mountains. Fast, reliable wifi - rare thing in South America. A great place!!!

I didn't like Quito. However, this is a decent hostel located in a better area of Quito near the Old Town (as opposed to La Mariscal which is terrible). The hostel has a nice rooftop that looks out over one side of the city. The staff are friendly and helpful.

A comfortable hostel, with friendly staff and good facilitates. Although I think it sucks you can't bring your own alcohol, but I wasn't bothered that much, as I was only staying there to catch my plane from Quito. The hostel was in an ok location near the old town.

Great little hostel, very homely, excellent well equiped kitchen and great tv room. Easy to meet people and a good atmosphere.

• 7th Aug 2014

Sandra and her staff were so warm, friendly and welcoming! Sandra learned the names of everyone of the constantly changing group of guests, introducing us to each other, which really helped promote a very social atmosphere. We were helped with what to do, how to get there, how much it would cost, etc., and had a cold beer at the ready whenever we returned. For a couple of gringos that spoke little to no Spanish, she made our first stop in Ecuador so much easier and more fun. Thanks!!!!

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

i like this hostel, one of the best that I've been.

Hostel Revolution is an hostal to recommand. It's clean, the staff is nice and helpfull, it's good situated (near to the historic center). I stayed there 5 days. It's a lovely place.

The hostel was really clean and there were heaps of showers and toilets - that never happens! There wasn't much atmosphere though. And the owner seems to always be stressed, which makes you feel horrible if you ask anything. The other staff members never seemed to know what was going on either.

Throughout your stay everyone has been pleasant and professional towards you. You portrayed the entire staff as completely incompetent. Considering that we are full all the time and get great reviews, we must be doing something right. The atmosphere is created by the people who are currently staying at the hostel. It is not mandatory to have a jovial personality to contribute to the good vibe.

« first « Prev 1 2 3