Hostel Revolution Reviews

Los Rios N13-11 y Julio Castro, San Blas, Quito, Quito, Ecuador

great hostel! i strongly recommend it!

Felt very at home here + they let me store my bags for a month! Wonderful staff and other guests.

Great service and very helpful staff!!

• 12th Dec 2014

Great place, great staff stayed four nights would have stayed a few nights more but was fully booked. Great atmosphere, good security, comfy bed and happy hour(s) 5:30 to 7:30, can't ask for much more.

I really had a good time at this hostel the staff is very friendly, very helpful and all the travellers (mostly from Europe and north America) were very nice, I would recommend also the walking tour with Peter that was very interesting and it’s a good way to start your visit in Quito, I also recommend the happy hour :)

• 4th Dec 2014

The hostel was great. The owner is really nice, and the location is good. Keep it up like this ;-)

• 30th Nov 2014

One of the best hostels in Ecuador! Sandra is an amazing host which means a clean hostel with very well equipped kitchen, all day hot water, strong Wifi, comfy beds and a relaxed + fun atmosphere which is second to none. Staff is really helpful and friendly. Location is perfect - situated in old town, a short taxi or bus ride to new town as well as supermarket and restaurants around the corner. Also, Peter's walking tour is a must do! Stayed 6 nights and would come again! Highly recommended!!!

I cannot praise this place enough. Sandra is incredible. I arrived in Quito from anchorage with my luggage missing and she called and emailed aeromexico every day for four days until I got it back. She also got me a toothbrush and some soap while I waited for my things to arrive. The volunteers are also super chill and helpful. This place felt like home after three days. Sandra, thank you so much for everything you did for me. If I'm ever in Quito again I'll absolutely come back to stay there.

Sandra was so helpful in giving directions to the airport/tourist attractions and making recommendations. Will stay again when I return!

Sandra was extremely helpful, friendly, and always happy to answer any questions.

• 19th Nov 2014

Comfortable beds, romos are cleaned daily, helpful staff with good knowledge of surrounding áreas. Nice common áreas with a very well equiped kitchen. Worth a stay for a good time in Quito. Definetely reccommend.

Hostel Revolution was super comfortable -both the rooms and the common spaces. The kitchen was extremely clean and well stocked. The hostel provides a really great setting to meet and chat with other travelers with the tables and bar in the common room. The location is also really convenient with a big market close by, a travel agency down the street which the staff will refer you to, and easy access to the bus system.

This hostel matched everything one would need while traveling. With incredibly comfortable and clean facilities, Hostel Revolution creates a relaxing, fun, and social atmosphere. There is a great kitchen to cook in, and the dorms are very spacious and clean. The staff was always very helpful whenever I needed assistance. Also, the location is perfect, situated in the old town of Quito, in a spot where both Mariscal and the sights of the old town are easily accessible.

• 15th Nov 2014

Really enjoyed my time here, really well equipped kitchen and rooms are spacious and clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Meet some amazing people here... Main communal area has bean bags and a lot of space plus a 40-50in TV. Didn't measure it but it perfect size for room. Revolution also has a roof terrace.. So you have access to amazing views and a place to chill or relax or do early morning yoga etc. highly recommend this hostel if you are in Quito. Martin J F

Very helpful intro from Sandra, great kitchen, and fast wifi. Location is so-so, with a bus or taxi necessary to safely get to Mariscal or Calle Ronda at night. Hot showers all day and comfy beds. Sour note is the staff approach of shouting at everyone indiscriminately when there is a dirty cup on the side, including making us stop a film to have a go (it wasnt us), in their pursuit of cleanliness. It spoils the atmosphere totally at times. Don´t ruin a good hostel, guys!

I chose my locations well on this trip and this one was one of the highlights. Way more than I could expect in value for cost, location, management, etc. Would return and will send others. Gary

Sandra is an amazing host! The hostel is clean and spacious.. It's not a party hostel but you get to meet a lot of cool people by just hanging out in the common room. Will definitely stay here when I come back to Quito..

A really nice hostel near the old town of Quito with a friendly and helpfull staff, clean kitchen and 2 communal areas that are great for meeting other travellers. I ended up coming back 2 more times, so I definately recommend it!

I really liked this hostel. The dorms had just 6 beds, which is a good amount, with plenty of room for backpacks, etc. Staff are great, very helpful. The happy hour is a bargain and a great way to connect with other travellers. I really liked the location, walking distance to both the old town and Mariscal.

Great place that can both be cozy and a great place to socialize. Not a party, but during happy hour everyone seems to hangout together and have great conversation. Sandra and the staff are incredibly accomodating and friendly.

• 3rd Nov 2014