Hostel Revolution Reviews

Los Rios N13-11 y Julio Castro, San Blas, Quito, Quito, Ecuador

Loved this place. Spend christmas and new year here and it was like a home from home. The owner is extremely friendly and goes the extra mile to get everyone involved and make everyone feel comfortable. Best hostel kitchen I have every used and comfortable beds which are made for you everyday! Thanks for a lovely stay. Matt

Sandra and Ray and all their volunteer staff have been very generous with their abundant knowledge of Quito, Ecuador and South America. All are seasoned travellers with helpful tips on safety and money saving. Secure storage for our excess luggage when we ventured into the jungle. Bright clean comfortable room. Quiet atmosphere with friendly, respectful guests.

you can walk to centro historico y mariscal. don't miss peter's free walking tour. good facilities and helpful staff. recommended.

SandraSandra, hostel operator, is awesome.the hostel is clean, well organized, and comfortable. Great beds!

Great location. Not noisy. Helpful staff. Comfy beds and lots of room in dorms (hard to come by) tours available. Hot showers. Best kitchen I have ever used- spacious clean and fully equipped.

A nice clean hostel with comfortable beds, well equipped kitchen with free coffee and tea, cosy living room to watch movies and social spaces. The location is relatively good, 15-20 mins to the old town centre by foot and public transport within a few minutes walk. Management and Staff are kind and helpful. Value money for sure.

I had a really nice stay here! The kitchen is more than really well equiped, Sandra the owner answers every question and you can spend such a nice time with her, also the staff is so nice and shows you nice places. I defently will come back! Thanks so much! El mejor hostal del mundo, me encanta, muchas gracias a Sandra y leni! Ein super tolles hostel in dem man ausspannen und schön die zeit genießen kann. Man fühlt sich wie daheim und aufgehoben. Highly recommended

Its such a great hostel, its clean and i mean clean (lenny the cleaning lady is so cool) hot showers, good working wifi even on the terasse the kitchen is better equipt than the kitchen of my mom in this kitchen you find everything you need wathever you want to cook, you can meet a lot of very cool people and if you have any question or need something you can ask sandra she definitely will help you! And this point greetz to Sandra

I (24) finally took my mother of nearly 60 years old on a short backpacking trip and hostel revolution was her first hostel experience. Needless to say, she loved it and is hooked now! Sandra was one of the most friendly, caring, and helpful hosts I have ever had in a hostel from my 6 years of hostel experiences. The bathrooms are always spotless, the beds are very comfortable, and the noise is quiet enough for a great sleep at night. The kitchen is also spotless and the location is great!

• 31st Dec 2014

In my 3 months travelling in South America this is the best hostel I have stayed in. It has all the ingredients a backpacker requires of a hostel. Good location in quiet road but not far to walk to historic centre. Cleanest and best equipped kitchen I have seen. Clean comfortable beds. Hot showers. Friendly helpful staff who speak English. Communal area to socialise. Good wifi. Well done Sandra!

We only stayed one night as we were flying to Santiago early the next day. The hostel was beautiful with hardwood floors, a large, clean, kitchen, and a rooftop to hang out on. Staff were friendly and helpful; they booked our early morning cab for us. When we come back to Quito at the end of our trip will be staying here again for sure.

I really liked my stay here. The view from the rooftop terrace is lovely and the common and tv rooms are very comfy and sociable. the staff were fun and the hostel is near a supermarket, beside a park and in the old town. Tthey had loads of information abotu things to do in and around quito and it was nice that while it was lively during the day after 11pm it calms down enough that you can sleep. Spent xmas day there and had an amazing dinner. overall would recomend strongly.

HR was a wonderful place to stay. The staff are simply fantastic people. There's a real community feeling here. They know Quito and are more than capable of answering your travel questions. The location is really central and there's plenty of food and drink around. The hostel itself is simple, colourful, and feels like a home. You'll be safe and comfortable and will likely make some new friends during your stay here.

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • India

We made a lot of friends here, the atmosphere is really friendly and laid back with everything revolving around the common areas. The staff are great and Sandra (owner) is also super friendly. Our rooms were always clean, as were the shared bathrooms. It's a short walk to old town, but the free walking tour leaves from 2 blocks away so it was perfect

great hostel! i strongly recommend it!

Felt very at home here + they let me store my bags for a month! Wonderful staff and other guests.

Great service and very helpful staff!!

• 12th Dec 2014

Great place, great staff stayed four nights would have stayed a few nights more but was fully booked. Great atmosphere, good security, comfy bed and happy hour(s) 5:30 to 7:30, can't ask for much more.

I really had a good time at this hostel the staff is very friendly, very helpful and all the travellers (mostly from Europe and north America) were very nice, I would recommend also the walking tour with Peter that was very interesting and it’s a good way to start your visit in Quito, I also recommend the happy hour :)

• 4th Dec 2014

The hostel was great. The owner is really nice, and the location is good. Keep it up like this ;-)

• 30th Nov 2014