Hostel Revolution Reviews

Los Rios N13-11 y Julio Castro, San Blas, Quito, Quito, Ecuador

This hostel had some good social spaces and a vibrant, friendly atmosphere, without being a loud '''party hostel''. The staff were always helpful with good advice on things to do and how to get there. It was very clean, secure, and also had a great kitchen. The location was excellent for visiting both the Historical centre and Mariscal areas of the city. Would highly recommend!

Great hostel! Wonderful staff who are super helpful. Bunk rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Two cozy common rooms - a bar and a TV room with tons of movies. Also a lovely rooftop terrace. Showers could use an upgrade.

Excellent hostel very well located in the historical centre. Excellent kitchen and comfortable beds! WiFi could be better! Sandra the owner was very hospitable and always willing to help when needed! Recommended!

Thanks so much for your kind review. You happened to be here when were changing providers. There are always glitches during these times. Happy to report that we just tested at 12 Mgps. Thanks again for you patience.

This is the best hostel in Quito! Close to the old town, marked, resturants and other turist atractions. The owner, Sandra is so lovley and helpfull! She will give you a lot of information about where to go and what to to in Quito. She makes you feel so welcome. The hostel has the best kitchen is South America, everything is clean and the dorms have a good size with nice beds. If you wonder where to stay, this is the place to be👍😀😀

• 24th May 2015
  • Denmark

I really enjoyed my stay there, the staffs were friendly and the kitchen is awesome, even tho I mostly only use it to heat my left over food. If I ever come back to Quito, I would definitely stay here again

This is a really lovely hostel. The facilities are good and the staff are very nice and helpful. Its a great place to meet and chat with others or just choose to do your own thing. I would definitely recommend staying here and stay here again if I came back to Quito.

The hostel is good value for money. The kitchen is spotless and well equiped. The movie room is good and there are plenty of clean bathrooms. On the other hand, the staff are a bit uncaring.

Thank you for your review. I wish you had given us a specific example when the staff was not prepared to help you and we acted in an "uncaring" manner. We take pride in our customer service therefore the staff rating is at 93%, for a reason. Thank you for extending your stay with us.

Loved staying here! Beds were comfy, showers had hot water, kitchen was amazing--had anything you could need, happy hour was a great bonus. Sandra and her volunteers were very personable, helpful, and knowledgeable about the city/surrounding area. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• 16th May 2015

I had a great time in this hostel. Staff is nice and Sandra explains you everything that you must know about the city The hosts is located in the historical center so better don't going out at night unless you take a taxi.

• 14th May 2015
  • Mexico

Super hostel! We really enjoyed the stay. One of the best hostels we Stayed in South America. Incredilbly Nice staff (Special the Owner)

If you are looking for a quiet, clean and convenient hostel in Quito with spacious dorms, a well-appointed kitchen, hot showers and a warm and inviting atmosphere then you really need to look no further than the Revolution. All of this is carefully orchestrated by the owner, the indomitable Sandra, who will recognise you by name, introduce you to other travellers and quietly ensure that your time in Quito is both enjoyable and rewarding. Outstanding value for money. Strongly recommended.

Firstly this is not a party hostel, if that's your thing go to La Mariscal. This hostel was really social and had a great atmosphere, great communal areas and TV room with English DVDS. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and it had hot water a the time. Helpful staff to tell you where to go and how to get there. Great location in the middle of the historical centre and a short cab ride to La Mariscal. A brilliant hostel and a great stay!! Thank you Sandra

Awesome Hotel. Friendly and nice place and the owner is very helpful. Many people stay longer because they love this place so much.

• 4th May 2015

We had an excellent stay at this hostel. We were only there for one night and arrived rather late but we were very impressed with how this hostel is run. The hostel owner is extremely nice. We were able to stay and use the facilities the entire day after we checked out. The kitchen was very organized and the entire place was extremely clean. The owner recommended a great walking tour and also arranged a ride to the airport for us. Overall great experience.

• 1st May 2015

We only stayed 1 night as a stop between Galapagos and Colombia. It seemed like a great base for exploring Quito. The staff had lots of information about the city and the hostels kitchen seemed to be well used.

Very reasonably priced, but a nice and clean hostel, which is all you really need

• 29th Apr 2015

Hostel Revolution was the best hostel I have stayed by now! It's very well organised, much information about Quito is spread out across walls and cupboard desks. The kitchen was the cleanest and most well organised kitchen I have seen so far in a hostel (fresh, dry towels in abundance!). On top, the staff is ever so helpful! This leaves me to recommend this hostel by any thinkable means!

Stayed here for two weeks and I highly recommend the place for anyone visiting Quito. * Great kitchen! * Super clean * Very well run

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Norway

I found the hostel very welcoming place to stay. It was a bit quieter than some of the other hostels I have stayed in, although not in a bad way. The reception was manned mostly by volunteers whilst I was there, so their knowledge of the area wasn't as good as a local but they did their best to help out. The hostel is well placed next to Simon Bolivar Metro bus station, a bit more of a walk from La Mariscal or the colonial quarter. I enjoyed my visit and would stay again.

Wonderful atmosphere close to many beautiful churches, parks, and cheap food. The showers were always clean and had hot water. The beds were even made for us every morning. Also, the kitchen had everything a backpacker on a budget would need to make a good meal on the cheap. The staff was good, with the exception of the owner. She was short both with her staff and with guests. I would recommend this hostel.