Hostel Revolution Reviews

Los Rios N13-11 y Julio Castro, San Blas, Quito, Quito, Ecuador

Hostel Revolution was the best hostel I have stayed by now! It's very well organised, much information about Quito is spread out across walls and cupboard desks. The kitchen was the cleanest and most well organised kitchen I have seen so far in a hostel (fresh, dry towels in abundance!). On top, the staff is ever so helpful! This leaves me to recommend this hostel by any thinkable means!

Stayed here for two weeks and I highly recommend the place for anyone visiting Quito. * Great kitchen! * Super clean * Very well run

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Norway

I found the hostel very welcoming place to stay. It was a bit quieter than some of the other hostels I have stayed in, although not in a bad way. The reception was manned mostly by volunteers whilst I was there, so their knowledge of the area wasn't as good as a local but they did their best to help out. The hostel is well placed next to Simon Bolivar Metro bus station, a bit more of a walk from La Mariscal or the colonial quarter. I enjoyed my visit and would stay again.

Wonderful atmosphere close to many beautiful churches, parks, and cheap food. The showers were always clean and had hot water. The beds were even made for us every morning. Also, the kitchen had everything a backpacker on a budget would need to make a good meal on the cheap. The staff was good, with the exception of the owner. She was short both with her staff and with guests. I would recommend this hostel.

Very clean and organized place that still offers a lot of atmosphere. The staff is exceptionally well informed and helpful. With their help I was able to see quite a lot of Quito, though I was only there for a very short time. Thanks a lot! Would definitely come back!

Stayed 3 nights in 8 bed dorm. Quiet hostel (NOT a party hostel) with good atmosphere. Good common rooms and kitchen. Hot showers. Staff are very helpful.

Nice hostel. Quite quiet but one of the hostel volunteers wanted to go out so that was OK. Kitchen was really well equipped but you better clean up after yourself. Although this also means that you can find stuff to cook with though. They lent me a padlock when I had forgotten mine for the under bed locker and gave lots of advice on transport and things to see. Do the walking tour with Peter!

• 23rd Apr 2015

This is a good hostel. The staff is amazing, they really help you with your requests. I honestly felt like if I was at home, because that´s the atmsphere. So, if you are looking for somewere to party, that´s not the place. For it to be perfect they could provide us a breakfast, even if it was payed. :) Good wifi and excelent beds :)

Really enjoyed staying here, within walking distance of the Old Town. The staff were really friendly, and the kitchen was amazing! So nice to finally be able to cook a decent meals and in a super clean kitchen!

Standout Hostel for us in Ecuador. Great facilities with big dorms and best equipped kitchen in SA ,nice roof top area. Nice and helpful owner who runs a tight ship. Not a big party place, but it is easy to meet people in the communal bar/ lounge. Staff were all really friendly and had a great out with some of them. Good option for all ages and types of tourist.

An excellent choice while staying in Quito. It's position is great - half way between the historical centre and La Mariscal. Sandra, the owner, was very helpful and keeps the hostel, including the best kitchen you could hope for, very clean. There are cheap Happy Hour drinks and plenty of useful information for transport directions and things to do. Hostel Revolution was a great place to stay for my daughter and myself.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Kitchen was the best hostel kitchen we've ever had! Sharp knives, non stick pans that were still non stick, super friendly staff and nice chilled atmosphere. Highly recommend if you don't want a party hostel.

Good experience; really nice and helpful staff with good and clean facilities. Perfect hostel

A gem! Rooms are spacious, comfortable & cozy and the atmosphere is relaxed $ tranquil. Not a party hostel but beer flows in the common room & roof garden w/ view. Kitchen is the nicest I've seen in S.America-huge, well appointed and modern. The place is incredibly clean and well run. They have info on how to see the sites by bus and all the info you need to have a great stay. It's well located by the Old Town, but you can easily walk to the New Town. I highly recommend this lovely place!

Well organized, clean, staff helpful. Recommend to all.

Hostel Revolution is a safe and fun environment in the heart of Quito's old city. The staff is friendly, the hostel is clean, and it has one of the best hostel kitchens I have seen. Definitely a perk. I would highly recommend staying at Hostel Revolution if you get the chance!

• 7th Mar 2015

What a lovely, well-run place! The staff were all welcoming and helpful, even the cleaning staff (beds are made every day). Wonderful low-key environment in which to meet new people and chat. Well-equipped kitchen (toaster, oven, even an immersion blender, etc) and plenty of hot water for showers. Walking distance between Old Town and Mariscal and plenty of faciities in the near vicinity which the staff are very helpful in pointing out.

• 7th Mar 2015

The best bed you will sleep in, through all of South America, hands down. The owner, staff and volunteers are all massive legends and so so so helpful. The hostel attracts a good crowd, ones that want to avoid the loudness of a Secret Garden but also know how to have a good time. 100% recommend this place.

My stay here was really enjoyable and I would recommend this hostell to anyone. The only things that weren't perfect were that the owner was a bit rude at times and the safes were quite shady. But all in all I had a great stay and met a lot of really nice people. The location is perfect, too.

• 24th Feb 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We only had one contact during your stay here. I asked a group of people if they had their stuff in the locker that belonged to another bed. It happened to be yours. I am sorry that was offensive to you. When you say safes I think you mean lockers. Not sure what the issue was but I wish you had pointed it to me while you were here. I can only improve things that I am aware of. Either way it was a pleasure having you here.

Nice hostel to rest a few days. Good kitchen and internet. Helpful staff and nice common area. Right in the middle between old and new town. Worth to stay a couple of days.