Hostel Riad Mama Marrakech Reviews

Derb Raouia Rmila No. 18, Marrakech, Morocco

Please don't go. I ignored the other comments about bed bugs. But it was not able for me to avoid it. Heavy amount of it lives there. No chance to avoid it for anyone. I knew about this and tried to avoid it. No way. You gonna have to pay a lot if you ignore my comment. Now I'm just pay for it as a pay of doing that.

I was in a group and it was worth it to stay in Riad Mama. It was very cheap, they had a good location, very nice tea and the breakfast was relatively good. The only problems I noted was the lack of hot water sometimes (although it is vey hot in Marrakech), the bugs in the beds (it was not bedbugs, although we scratched a little bit) and the fact that the people from the hostel expected us to tell them how much to pay when we arrived and charged us to ask a cab.

Well located Hostel.. But don't expect much paying so cheap.

The Hostel had an good and cosy atmosphere, but it was very dirty. The biggest problem were the bedbugs. We had so much problems with them, the bites still annoy us. And the bathrooms are not clean and had a bed smell. The stuff was kind, but i didnt change the unconfortable feeling we had durring our stay.

• 15th May 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

6 minutes to reach from L19 bus (Place Jemaa El Fna). Everything is close from here: Hammam, Cyber, Supratours/CTM bus station, Carrefour... Chill atmosphere with nice breakfast and ***** staff.

Had such a good time at mama with the staff Ali and radwan. It is unique and very social. The breakfast and price where also amazing ! See you next time !

The location of the hostel is good, although I suggest you read the hostel direction notes well before you arrive as there is no actual signage on the door. Granted, this hostel is very cheap, however the cleanliness is very below any standard, smelly and mouldy, and even some people reported sightings of insects and bugs in their bedroom. One girl even decided at midnight one evening that, after being bitten and unbearably itchy, she would check out to any other hostel! Try another hostel!

I really enjoyed my stay in Mama Marrakech. The staff was very helpful and the vibe really good! The bathrooms were not so clean, but nothing impossible, the localization was very good cause it was near the central market, the breakfast was nice, they have wi-fi!

It's an ideal hostel for backpackers who don't really care about anything more than a good location and amazing staff and atmosphere. I've been there a couple of times and they were both great.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Spain

The location is really good. It's a good valued hostel - cause it's really cheap. It looks nice and the breakfast is nice. You don't get that much but it's alright. We have been traveling from different hostels, and we don't know if it was this one but a lot of bed bug bites. Other people has sayed it about this one, so therefore we think it is. We had a lot of bed bug bites after staying 4 nights.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

It was a great stay! Really close to jemaa el fna. Nice people. Thank you guys.

One of the staff that was most of the time in the hostel does not speak english, only french, and during the night he drink our beverages that were in the fridge, two times! The atmosphere just was not so nice because the employes and most of the guest smoked all the time and all of our clothes were with the smell of smoke everyday.

Very good, clean and nice place. Very friendly! However, no much hot water. Cold showers!

No wifi...

I stayed very well!

This hostel have no organization what so ever! They have no clue who is coming and can't book you properly. I was changed to another room twice because "hostelworld bookers" arrived.

Prices are chaning from hour to hour. You can not be sure your last price. Other prices are on the booking system and other in fact. 4 dorm is on the roof ! unavailable during the winter !!!

Best value for money!! Be nice to Karim and youseff and they are so helpful to you. Free mint tea. Free Brekky and cuppa is so good. Decent bedding especially for how good the price is. About 5 mins walk from the old town. Going to stay there again before we leave. Anthony

Quiet and nice

Really well located, Not in the square so it's quiet, but only 5 min walk away so easily reachable. nice place to relax after being in the noisy streets all day. Good value for money with good breakfast. And there are tortoises! Very laid back vibe. There weren't lockers where I slept (bed on the terrace) but That was not an issue. Yousef was really nice, friendly and helpful:) he organised pickups, taxis, booked bus tickets, showed me around the city and was a beautiful friend! Stay here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7