Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge Reviews

Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Zenka Dika, no. 40, Marrakech, Morocco

1918 Total Reviews

This was an amazing hostel. Excellent location in the Medina (5min walk from main square and 3min from palas bahai) and unbelievable staff. Mint tea waiting for you whenever you want it and well orchestrated day tours. Hooka, rooftop showers and chill areas as well as an awesome main living room. Would strongly reccommend this place.

• 25th Aug 2014

The hostel was very nice and clean. Breakfast was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Hamoudda. The hostel is very close to the main Square Jema el Fna and we met a lot of people that comes from Europe. The hostel has a beautiful terrace where you can meet many people and also sleep at night. I felt very at home, i would recomend this hostel to fellow travelers!

Next to Mom's house, there is no better place in Marrakech to feel at home than Hostel Marrakech Rouge. Upon arrival, the incredibly friendly staff will greet you with a big smile and a fresh pot of mint tea. They are happy to help you arrange any of your trips outside of the city for a very fair price. They building is uniquely decorated with a nice roof where you can enjoy tea and or sheesha. If I make it back to Marrakech I will certainly be staying with here again.

• 20th Aug 2014

Very friendly and welcoming hostel just 5 minutes walk from Jemaa el Fna. Great atmosphere. The young guys that run it, Nacer and Med Ali, are both super helpful and speak great English. They will help you out with anything you need. Nacer walked me to the local bus ticket agent and helped translate. Highly recommend this place !

• 19th Aug 2014

This hostel was the best one I stayed in during amonth long trip through Spain and Morocco. Right away when I arrived the staff (Ali and hamouda) were super helpful getting me set up and orientated. They even served me breakfast before my first nights stay. Its little things like this that make all the difference. Very clean and very warm atmosphere.

• 18th Aug 2014

Really nice hostel not far from main square. Great, friendly staff. Always happy to help. Nice common areas and roof terrace. Clean rooms. Overall great place to stay in Marrakech!

Great vibe at riad rouge awsome location easily get to the square and all of the sights in marrakech loads of space to chill all over the place really social vibe roof terrace is the best when it gets hot in the day great staff really caring and attentive loved the complimentary mint tea and sheesha best hostel in marrakech

• 18th Aug 2014

This hostel is right in the middle of the hussle and bussle of Marrakech. The staff, especially Med Ali, are super helpful and the hostel is very clean. With the directions provided by the staff the hostel is easy the find. Breakfast and lovely coffee is provided for free. It is great value for money!! It really emodies the Moroccan culture. I would recommend sleeping in the tents on the roof!

I arrived in Marakech and had a taxi take me to the wrong street. I finally arrived to Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge and was a little tired and upset. But the friendliness of the staff (I read everyone take about them but saw it with my own eyes) were able to turn me into a happy traveller again within 2 minutes. They helped with tours, were always smiling and helped with any question. Couldn't meet a better bunch at a hostel. They don't make commission so all places are perfect for backpackers.

Definitely the best hostel i have ever been, the whole environment makes you feel like in a big House, sleeping by the terraze is great and the staff always kind and available. 2 minutes walking to the main square. Would be back for sure!! Gracias Mohamed, bother, pedro, ali and all the rest. Oscar

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Very cool atmosphere for young travelers, maybe not for older travelers wanting a little more privacy / quiet atmosphere (you have put this on your website already though, good :) Really really hot in the dorms (no fan), hard to sleep outside with late night smokers and guests. Very VERY friendly staff (thank you!). Breakfast doesn't start at 6:30 though, a little rushed to eat when leaving early.

The hostel is clean, the atmosphere is exelent; and expecially the people working in the hostel; Med ali and Hmouda, are beautiful for the informations; for the services and...... for the maroccan mint the.......

We (3 girls) spent 2 nights at the start of our trip in Morocco. We thought so highly of this hostel that we booked again the night before as we were flying out of Marrakech. The staff go out of their way to help you, especially Ali. They have a great roof terrace (with turtles!) We went on their 3d2n Sahara trip for 800 DH (£56), it was our no.1 highlight of our trip, absolute fantastic.

• 13th Aug 2014

Great hostel with great people, the staff will help you in any situation, with a big smile on their face. Marrakech is a beautiful town, so is the hostel. I had a blast!

Awesome hostel in the heart of the medina. Helped to book a great trip to the Atlas Mountains and the Sahara. Really cool environment. Would absolutely stay there afain

Now this is a hostel. The photos, videos you find online dont pay it justice. The staff is ULTRA attentive and make sure that your comfortable and satified. From the mint tea and biscuits to the non-stop flow of hookahs. Hamoud is the man! I will return to this hostel in the future. FYI: At the markets, start at 25-30% of quoted price. Enjoy!

Riad Marrakesh Rouge 2 was a great place to stay whilst in Marrakesh. We had two nights at the hostel and Med Ali was very helpful in assisting us in every way possible. All in all a very accommodating place to stay with a great atmosphere and friendly staff!

Perfekter Service; den wir so noch NIE in einem hostel erlebt haben! Fruestueck included und sogar sehr lecker! sehr relaxte Dachterrasse und extrem zentral... leider keine klimaanlage; aber die atmosphere entschaedigt dafuer

Great hostel, the minute I walked through the door I was welcomed with mint tea and hugs. The place has a really good atmosphere and is a nice place to return to after your day in Marrakech. I give Ali and his team a 10/10 and am looking forward to returning to my new home very soon.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Great Atmosphere and very friendly staff!

• 11th Aug 2014