Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge Reviews

Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Zenka Dika, no. 40, Marrakech, Morocco

1961 Total Reviews

one of the best hostels ive ever stayed at

excellent staff,good location,i would recommend to anyone,nice friendly atmosphere also,but the staff would be the best part very helpful.

Stayed the beginning of April 2014. Staff were friendly, you get free tea and sisha. Rooms we're cool and can't say I've ever stayed anywhere with turtles roaming free. Only downside is at first it's a bit tricky to find. Some street kid took me there, as it's down a blind ally I turned round and his 'big mafiso brother' had creeped upthe ally and they tried to fleece money from me.. just say no.

• 4th Apr 2014

Great place to stay, the staff is incredibly helpful and very friendly, the atmosphere is really good, you get to meet people from all over the world. The breakfast was amazing, and it is very close to the main square and the market. Hard to find if you don't have a good sense of orientation but you have a lot of signs on the street that you can memorize as points of reference (that's what I did.) Definitely staying there if I ever return to Marrakech.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Portugal

One of my top hostels ever for sure. Don't stay anywhere else! It is painted in bright red colours with the multiple common areas overflowing with decorations and cozy couches. There's free shisha and mint tea, and even a tortoise running around on the roof terrace. The atmosphere was fantasically chatty and friendly with awesome sociable staff. The only negative I had was that the showers ran out of hot water very quickly so I essentially had cold showers for my three nights there.

This is the flag ship hostel in Marrakech. The atmosphere here is great since the hostel is very popular among backpackers. You will be treated with free tea, shisha and breakfast.

Gets amazing reviews. I wouldn't say the place is amazing, but definitely great value for money. The building itself is super colourful, super comfy. Rooms are very basic, breakfast is basic. But the best part of this place is the staff. They're all super friendly and go out of their way to help you whenever they can. If you're on a budget, and looking to meet other backpackers then this place is for you.

Very friendly and welcoming staff serving a great breakfast and the tea and shish was an awesome addition! Don't be fooled by locals showing you to the hostel they just want your money! located down a manic alley but Directions are good! Good atmosphere and i bet this place it totally awesome in the summer! Dessert trip was amazing and they kindly look after your bag without charging you whilst your away! def stay here if you are going to Marrakech!

Fantastic hostel. The staff are the nicest I've ever met at hostels and the location is really close to the main square. No bad words to say at all.

This was a great hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was great and it is a very social place - we met so many nice people there over breakfast. The dorm was very dark and the light bulbs had blown, but generally it was ok. The only downside was the limited amount of showers/toilets for the dorm rooms. However overall we really enjoyed our stay here, the location was great and I would stay again if I am ever in Marrakech.

Everyone was so nice and welcoming, good vibes the entire time we were there. The staff was able to help us plan everything we wanted to do during our time in Marrakech. Loved our stay and it would not have been the same visit without Marrakech Rouge!!! Half of our group even accidently booked the wrong location and they did some rearranging so we were all able to be together the entire time.

• 20th Mar 2014

I definitely recommend this hostel! All of the staff were so helpful and kind! There was one day that we wanted to find good jewelry and Ali, one of the guys who works there, personally took us to a great jewelry store. The staff also helped us with what we wanted in the souks and told us the right prices to pay. They helped us set up a moroccan cooking class and camel rides. The atmosphere is beautiful, it's the best place to meet other travelers and share some hookah! Great location too!

• 20th Mar 2014

The place stunk of cat pee, and the loud doorbell is ridicules. Nice free breakfast, and amazing location.

• 18th Mar 2014