Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge Reviews

Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Zenka Dika, no. 40, Marrakech, Morocco

The staff are lovely, always trying to make you comfortable! Would definitely come back!

• 9th Feb 2015

I loved this hostel, everyone is superfriendly and helpful and I came back here twice :) the only thing they could improve is making people aware, that its freaking cold at night during february, cause they cant close the roof and the house seems to be designed to keep the cold INSIDE since its superhot during summer which is kind of a disadvantage in winter :P

very friendly people and good service

• 9th Feb 2015

Great place! Ali was really helpful and friendly!

My favourite hostel by far and missing it already! Ali, Pedro and all the other staff made us feel so welcomed and looked after us from the second we arrived to the moment we left - truly great, warm and generous hosts! Can't wait to return sometime soon in the future - shukran! Jennifer :)

We happened to be staying At number 2 which has more of a diy style than number 1. Regardless of this, the place was very clean and staff very helpful, making our stay pleasant. I feel however that the second hostel should at least feature on the photos. Also there's a bit of a mess with bedprices, hostel bookers advertise euro whilst hostel world pounds - same amounts different currency. The hostel however always charges 250 mad per bed, regardless whether it's 6 or 8 bed dorm.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Hi there. We would like to thank you for your kind comment about our hostel which should be the subject of any review. Your comments about hostelworld and hostelbookers are not really relevant here, it really is just a matter of clicking the currency that you wish to view your booking with! To all our future guests - you can make comparative pricing by simply looking at the prices in the same currency. Happy travels!

Marrakech Rouge is a true gem! The staff at this hostel go above and beyond to make you feel at home as soon as you walk in the door - greeting you with tea, telling you everything you need to know about the city, booking excursions, and even carrying your bags to your room for you. Truly generous hosts! Free breakfast each morning and endless tea all day, easy to find + central location, and amazing atmosphere! What's not to love?

Really nice hostel with excellent staff! The riad beautiful and you receive a really warm welcome! I would defenetly recommend Hostel Riad Rouge!!!

Absolutely fantastic hostel! Highly recommended. Excellent service, great location and - best of all - warm and friendly staff who are always willing to help. Five stars! Thank you for hosting us :)

Great hostel, very welcoming staff that couldn't do enough for us. Felt like home. Very Sociable, great place to meet like minded backpackers. Great value for money. A short walk from the main Square.

• 6th Feb 2015

It was the best hostel i have ever stay in my live, everything is 100% !!!!!

• 5th Feb 2015

Not what was pictured in the photos, Cold night and no heating in the room, On the plus side staff was helpful and friendly. Would rather of spend the money on a hotel..

Hi Liqa and thanks for your review. Our photos are of the hostel. No more, no less. We do not advertise heating on any of the agency pages or our website so really, this should not be an unexpected surprise. It does get cold in Morocco this time of year as it is Winter. There are many excellent hotels in Marrakech and perhaps this is something you should have considered prior to booking a backpackers hostel. Best wishes for your future travels!

My expirence over 4 nights definitely surprised me regarding the atmosphere and facility of the hostel. Firstly, the staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. They allowed me to leave one of my bags, free of charge, while I was gone on a trip to desert. Know that I didn't have any more nights booked to stay there. The hostel itself is beautiful and provides everything a backpacker need to continue his/her travel into Morocco a pleasant, confortable, and safe stay. Plus, breakfast is great

The staff at this hostel are absolutely incredible! From the minute you check in they make you feel at home, consistently bringing you tea, making sure your needs are met, and helping to book local excursions! The hostel itself is clean, colorful, and beautifully decorated with heaps of space for relaxing and socializing

A fantastic hostel to stay in. Very close to the main square. No keys for the front door or bedrooms however lockers are provided and they can provide a pad lock if you need it. Fantastic staff who go above and beyond.

An amazing atmosphere! The team, each one of them, is friendly and capable to help you with whatever you need, anytime. The breakfast is just delicious, all kinds of bread, cakes and the tea is the best one! I just loved to be there and I'll be back, for sure!

This is definitely the best hostel in whole Marrakech. I had a really good time there, met a lot of great people and the stuff are just the friendliest people in Marocco. It is my second home here :)

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

Flawed experience in the second building. The wifi doesn't reach the upstairs, so make sure your room is on the ground floor. Breakfast was just a plate of breads and jam. For how cheap fruit is in this country, a little variety would be nice. Also, the place has no heat so get an extra blanket to avoid freezing at night. Shower managed to be both scalding and freezing at the same time, and it's hard to socialize because the rooftop demands quiet at night due to bedrooms being right nearby.

This is a great hostel to all Morocco travelers!

• 3rd Feb 2015

I was quite shocked when I arrived at this hostel. Based on the previous comments, I expected it to be really good, but I have travelled all over Europe in hostels and this was close to the worst I've stayed in. I realise marrakech is Africa, not Europe, but was still disappointed. The hostel is very dark and dingy, the showers are sometimes cold, bathrooms not very clean and the bedding is really uncomfortable. We met lots of great people and the location is good, but overall, not a great place