Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge Reviews

Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Zenka Dika, no. 40, Marrakech, Morocco

The staff made my holiday. Am already sorting out my next trip. I loved it there! Xx

DON'T TRUST THE REVIEWS FOR THIS HOSTEL. I stayed here twice - before and after a trip through the Sahara desert. After I had checked in for my second stay, a staff member talked to me, had me open the review link, and very strongly pressured me to give a 100% review in front of her. After I refused, 2 other staff members pressued me over the next 12 hours. A friend had the same experience. This is an average, not great hostel that is succeeding via unethical behaviour

Super friendly and very helpful staff. Great location. The floors on in the bathrooms and stairs get really slippery when wet. I suggest using some safety mats and warning signs on stairs. Apart from that it was great.

Great hostel

• 3rd May 2015
  • Spain

Best of the best

This is difficult to find. There are also hoodlums outside who will DEMAND you to give them money for showing you where it is. I said I will not pay and I will find it myself, they follow me, then when we get to the front door, the hoodlums DEMANDED a tip. The staff at the hostel told me there are MANY problems with these hoodlums bothering their guests for tips. PROBLEM with the hostle is that they know about the hoodlums and do NOTHING about it. They are not resolving this problem.

Had a great time! Fun atmosphere! Great time! Womderful roof deck

• 2nd May 2015

Excellent atmosphere and very friendly staff, definately recommend!

• Scotland

Great hostel!!!!

Great Riad amaizing Staffel good location

• 2nd May 2015

Very accommodating, i moved my reservation around because i did the desert tour. they also have an amazing roof terrace area. Staff is very relaxed and nice

Best hostel I ever stayed at!!!!!!

• 1st May 2015

Really good place to stay perfect location and great staff with a good hostel vibe.

Best Hostel EVER!! The staff couldnt be more helpful. Amazingly friendly. Felt so comfortable. Am already booking my trip for next year and will be coming straight back here! Hurry up next year!!!! Xx

I had a great time here on 2 visits which book-ended a trip around Northern morocco. Both times it was excellent, the highlight being (some) of the boisterous and freindly staff and their help in answering any questions that I had. One thing to note here - there is no keys, so you just ring the bell to get back in. For that reason I'd say that it's worth bringing a padlock, as there are small lockers available for valuables.

There were no locks for the rooms, the staff got angry if you asked them anything, there was not enough showers or toilets for people, breakfast was average and always the same every morning. Environment was good as was the rooftop!

I would advise anyone not to go here. Staff is insincere and most unkind if don´t do what you´re ordered to do. They moved my luggage without my consent, Comments led to a hostile response The beds are very uncomfortable and rooms are cramped, airless. Staff is constantly watching your every move and bathrooms are filthy and insufficient. The desert tour is a washout and not worth 80 euro. No air conditioning, no itinerary, up to 8 hours in between meals and very uncomfortable.

We would advise any hostel not to accept this guest. His luggage was moved to the storage as he left it after check-out in his room, departing for an excursion. This was to help him. Upon his return from the Sahara (and without reservation) he was allocated another bed. Unfortunately he proceeded to get very drunk and abusive towards staff and had to be asked to leave so that our other guests could relax. This guest would do well to evaluate his behaviour in shared spaces for his future travels.

Staff was very friendly and welcoming.

• 27th Apr 2015

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge is an excellent hostel. I was very happy with my stay there. It is safe, clean and central - just a few minutes walk from the main square. The staff are probably the friendliest and most helpful that I have ever come across. I highly recommend this hostel. Finding it - facing Cafe de France on main Sq take the street to the left - to the T junction - take a right - pass under the 2 Moroccan arches - you will see a " Change 7/7 " overhead - next right, left, right

The stay was awesome. The hostel is exactly what you imagine for a real marrocan experience. Very good staff, specially Rhad. The location is right in the middle of the medina, just 5 minutes away from the central square of this amazing city.