Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge Reviews

Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Zenka Dika, no. 40, Marrakech, Morocco

The hostel was amazing. The location was great and the hostel was extremely nice. The staff were the most amazing part, they go out of their way to make you feel like you are at home, especially Abdul. Because of this hostel, my stahy in Morocco was all the better.

• 7th Jan 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Marrakech Rouge a lot, since the staff is very welcoming and are taking care of you like family. I was traveling alone in \Marokko and felt very safe and comfy at this hostel. I would recommend it to anyone going to Marrakech. You\ll meet new friends every day from all over the world, and make friends with the staff as well. It is close to the center of town. Go there.

• Denmark

Awesome staff

Very nice atmosphere, good location and extremely friendly staff! (thank you so much Abdul for taking me to the airport) Spent great nights there on the cozy terrace with great people and had a lot of fun.

Great hostel, with a great location. The staff are super helpful and the atmosphere of the hostel is good. Would stay again.

• 7th Jan 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff are really amazing. Free breakfast is everyday is really good. The cleaning staff clean your room everyday. The atmosphere was great.

The staff and atmosphere were fantastic here. Always a good buzz, great fellow travelers, and the staff were incredibly kind and helpful and make you feel like a valued guest.

Salaam Alekoum! Any solo traveller would love Riad Marrakech Rouge since it is so incredibly easy to connect with other backpackers. The friendly staff, the colourful layout and the way the riad is organized, you instantly feel at ease and comfortable. Many thanks to Abdoullah, Fran, Hind and the rest of the staff for their warm welcome and for making my stay so incredibly enjoyable! I well understand why this hostel was selected as one of the top ten hostels in the world. Beslama! Amagi

The staff at Marrakech rouge are extremely friendly and accommodating! They do everything to make your stay an unforgettable one! They organised the excursion to the Sahara desert and were extremely friendly throughout the stay! Great hostel, great staff, great atmosphere, great location! They even let you play your own music in the common room and knock your bottle tops off with their lighters!

Awesome Hostel! The staff is amazingly nice. Being that Marrakech is practically a labyrinth -- the central location of the hostel is a huge plus for those hoping to explore. Lots of trips planned out of there on a regular basis so it's a one stop shop for whatever you need. Free breakfast is clutch! And free tea whenever you come home is lovely. I would without a doubt stay again!

• 5th Jan 2015

The hostel staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a friendly atmosphere with many people interacting. The only aspect of the hostel that I did not like is the lack of warm showers. Some people said it was warm but for me it was ice cold. Overall I would recommend the hostel.

The guy at the reception takes forever to return you change for your hostel payment. It is better to pay exact as I got mine back 2 hours later.

This hostel has a great atmosphere. As a female travelling solo to Marrakech I had some concerns, but the guys working at the hostel are so friendly and so welcoming! You will not find staff more willing to help you out. It has a great location, and who can say no to free tea.

The staff will remember you by name, which is such a classy touch. They sit down with every guest, one-on-one, and show them on the map where they are and where to go. They are extremely helpful and generous with their time. When they say "if there's anything I can do for you" they mean it! Stay stay stay!

• 5th Jan 2015

Staff was amazingly helpful and the location was excellent! We had one night where people were extremely loud all night but every other night the staff ensured that people were fairly quiet. The roof top terrace is amazing! Overall, we had a great time and would stay here again! Only negative we had was a lack of locks on our room door, we had to leave it unlocked whenever we weren't there. Although they did have an area where you could lock up passports, etc Otherwise everything was great!

• 4th Jan 2015

We booked for 2 nights at this hostel and the hospitality, environment and feel kept us coming back. The staff make sure you feel like anything you need is never too much and will always greet you with a smile. Have stayed at a lot of hostels around the world and this is up at the top. Big thanks to Abdel and the staff for making Morocco authentic but comfortable!

Really great hostel. Staff are cool and the place is abasing. Just a bit cold during the night but I can only blame the winter;) 4bed dorm are tiny.

Lovely place, great staff and atmosphere. Small breakfast and tea is included. Bear in mind that it is "open roof" and therefore can get pretty cold in the winter (around 5°C in the night) and there is no air-conditioner or heater available (in the summer it might also get very hot I imagine). My 4-bed mixed room was very basic (small, no windows), but ok if you're just there to sleep. Bathrooms could be cleaner. You gonna meet a lot of backpackers from all over the world, which is great.

There were just a couple power outlets in out six bed room and it was difficult to get plugs to stay in them. There are also just a couple of toilets and showers per floor and the hot water ran out often. Also the bedroom doors don't lock but there are lock boxes in the rooms. Like others say the staff is truly excellent. But I wish I had at least known these issues before I arrived, even though I would stay here again.

The staff is really helpfull, they will do the best for you to help you and make sure everything is fine! Great place to stay at for a few days.

• 3rd Jan 2015