Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge Reviews

Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Zenka Dika, no. 40, Marrakech, Morocco

1928 Total Reviews

Very cool atmosphere for young travelers, maybe not for older travelers wanting a little more privacy / quiet atmosphere (you have put this on your website already though, good :) Really really hot in the dorms (no fan), hard to sleep outside with late night smokers and guests. Very VERY friendly staff (thank you!). Breakfast doesn't start at 6:30 though, a little rushed to eat when leaving early.

Hi there - for future guests to know... this guest left the hostel before 6.30am with a prearranged taxi booked through ourselves - so no, there was no breakfast. We think 6.30am is a pretty reasonable time to start breakfast though - quite early even. Happy sunrise breakfasts to everyone!

The hostel is clean, the atmosphere is exelent; and expecially the people working in the hostel; Med ali and Hmouda, are beautiful for the informations; for the services and...... for the maroccan mint the.......

We (3 girls) spent 2 nights at the start of our trip in Morocco. We thought so highly of this hostel that we booked again the night before as we were flying out of Marrakech. The staff go out of their way to help you, especially Ali. They have a great roof terrace (with turtles!) We went on their 3d2n Sahara trip for 800 DH (£56), it was our no.1 highlight of our trip, absolute fantastic.

• 13th Aug 2014

Great hostel with great people, the staff will help you in any situation, with a big smile on their face. Marrakech is a beautiful town, so is the hostel. I had a blast!

Awesome hostel in the heart of the medina. Helped to book a great trip to the Atlas Mountains and the Sahara. Really cool environment. Would absolutely stay there afain

Now this is a hostel. The photos, videos you find online dont pay it justice. The staff is ULTRA attentive and make sure that your comfortable and satified. From the mint tea and biscuits to the non-stop flow of hookahs. Hamoud is the man! I will return to this hostel in the future. FYI: At the markets, start at 25-30% of quoted price. Enjoy!

Riad Marrakesh Rouge 2 was a great place to stay whilst in Marrakesh. We had two nights at the hostel and Med Ali was very helpful in assisting us in every way possible. All in all a very accommodating place to stay with a great atmosphere and friendly staff!

Perfekter Service; den wir so noch NIE in einem hostel erlebt haben! Fruestueck included und sogar sehr lecker! sehr relaxte Dachterrasse und extrem zentral... leider keine klimaanlage; aber die atmosphere entschaedigt dafuer

Great hostel, the minute I walked through the door I was welcomed with mint tea and hugs. The place has a really good atmosphere and is a nice place to return to after your day in Marrakech. I give Ali and his team a 10/10 and am looking forward to returning to my new home very soon.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Great Atmosphere and very friendly staff!

• 11th Aug 2014

Loved to stay in Marrakech Rouge! The staff is amazing and they made my days in Marrakech easier and happier!! I recommend the ostel because the energy and the atmosphere are surreal and they will help with the tours and the nice places to visit in the city!!!

• 10th Aug 2014

A very beautiful hostel and there is a friendly atmosphere!!! Med Ali is the best!!!

Fantastic hostel! very relaxed atmosphere, free breakfast is excellent and some of the friendliest staff Ivecome across in 5 months of travel. They also did my laundry for free which was great!

• 10th Aug 2014

This is my second time visiting hostel rouge and i was excited to come back. The location is excellent and there are many areas to relax including a cool and comfy roof terrace. The hostel itself is beautiful but the highlight has to be the staff .... hamouda ali and pedro. They cannot do enough to ensure your stay is enjoyable and filled with experiences. by far the loveliest and most helpful hostel staff i have come across. many laughs were had whilst upholding a professional environment.

Very nice staff (Ali, Nacer). Strongly recommend it to any younger travellers.

• 9th Aug 2014

This hostel is very very nice! The staff is very kindly! I love this place and I definetaly recommend it!

• 8th Aug 2014

The staff are so insanely friendly and helpful that I don't want to say anything negative, but the place itself is not the cleanest. Not gross, but shabby, the bathrooms smell, and the showers are kind of dirty. To be fair, Marrakech itself is kind of gross - I've stayed in four places, and only one (quite expensive) was actually clean. The location is great, the atmosphere is great, and I can't get over how nice the staff are, so I'd still recommend staying here, but it's not very clean.

Hi Catherine, We are sorry you felt that Marrakech was 'gross' and the hostel was 'not gross'. It is impossible and ill-advised to compare an ancient medina in terms of facilities, modernity and infrastructure to a gleaming new city. The medina is certainly 'lived in', a definite assault on the senses - we love the delicacy of amber and musk on one corner followed by donkey poo on the next. Look beyond your perceptions of 'gross' and embrace the differences and quirks - that's travel!

Super friendly staff, great vibe, and great price! Nacer and Ali were very helpful too

• 8th Aug 2014

very cool place, very chilled and friendly staff1 we love the turtles on the roof too!

the riad was incredible from the friendly and helpful staff to the amazing hospitatility and warmth we received. we were greeted at the airport with immediate assistance and information. the layout is incredible and actually takes your breath away when you walk inside. from the busy streets that are a stones throw away to the comfort of the couches in the riad your marrakech experience will be fulfilled here at the Riad Marrakech.

• 7th Aug 2014