Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge Reviews

Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Zenka Dika, no. 40, Marrakech, Morocco

The guy at the reception takes forever to return you change for your hostel payment. It is better to pay exact as I got mine back 2 hours later.

This hostel has a great atmosphere. As a female travelling solo to Marrakech I had some concerns, but the guys working at the hostel are so friendly and so welcoming! You will not find staff more willing to help you out. It has a great location, and who can say no to free tea.

The staff will remember you by name, which is such a classy touch. They sit down with every guest, one-on-one, and show them on the map where they are and where to go. They are extremely helpful and generous with their time. When they say "if there's anything I can do for you" they mean it! Stay stay stay!

• 5th Jan 2015

Staff was amazingly helpful and the location was excellent! We had one night where people were extremely loud all night but every other night the staff ensured that people were fairly quiet. The roof top terrace is amazing! Overall, we had a great time and would stay here again! Only negative we had was a lack of locks on our room door, we had to leave it unlocked whenever we weren't there. Although they did have an area where you could lock up passports, etc Otherwise everything was great!

• 4th Jan 2015

We booked for 2 nights at this hostel and the hospitality, environment and feel kept us coming back. The staff make sure you feel like anything you need is never too much and will always greet you with a smile. Have stayed at a lot of hostels around the world and this is up at the top. Big thanks to Abdel and the staff for making Morocco authentic but comfortable!

Really great hostel. Staff are cool and the place is abasing. Just a bit cold during the night but I can only blame the winter;) 4bed dorm are tiny.

Lovely place, great staff and atmosphere. Small breakfast and tea is included. Bear in mind that it is "open roof" and therefore can get pretty cold in the winter (around 5°C in the night) and there is no air-conditioner or heater available (in the summer it might also get very hot I imagine). My 4-bed mixed room was very basic (small, no windows), but ok if you're just there to sleep. Bathrooms could be cleaner. You gonna meet a lot of backpackers from all over the world, which is great.

There were just a couple power outlets in out six bed room and it was difficult to get plugs to stay in them. There are also just a couple of toilets and showers per floor and the hot water ran out often. Also the bedroom doors don't lock but there are lock boxes in the rooms. Like others say the staff is truly excellent. But I wish I had at least known these issues before I arrived, even though I would stay here again.

The staff is really helpfull, they will do the best for you to help you and make sure everything is fine! Great place to stay at for a few days.

• 3rd Jan 2015

This was a great hostel and these were the friendliest people that I've ever met, honestly! Whenever you want tea, coffee or sheesha, it was only a matter of asking. The staff made us feel safe and well taken care of! The Medina was only a short walk away. The hostel also provided the opportunity to travel to the desert for a very reasonable price! This was an unforgettable experience and I will most definitely be coming back one day and staying here again. Big thanks to Abdel!!

Really good reception! Good breakfast and nice location!

• 2nd Jan 2015

The staff were so friendly and really helpful. Location good and everything was perfect.They made my time in Marrakech better. Thanks to abdel and the whole staff at the hostel.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Good hostel, friendly staff, diverse guests. Booked 3d/2n trip through them that went great. Would recommend for others coming to marrakech, book in advance as gets busy.

• 1st Jan 2015

Great staff who are friendly, welcoming and always willing to help with anything from travel plans, excursions or tips on things to do. The hostel has a great ambience and is a great place to meet fellow travellers. The riad looks fantastic aswell.

• 31st Dec 2014

Great staff - lovely place.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Norway

Hello fellow traveller. Stop looking at other hostels and book here. Ali and the staff will bend over backwards for you and help you with absolutely anything. Highly recommended the 3 day Sahara tur as well!

The staff was very helpful. If you would need anything to arrange in Marrakesh or nearby you should contact them first!

Excellent, friendly, professional place! Would recommend to everyone! Really enjoyed my stay here

• 28th Dec 2014

Great location and general setup. The staff are really what makes this place though - they are the friendliest I have ever met, always available to make sure you have everything you need. Thank you Rouge!

• 28th Dec 2014

When I read the comments, I was surprised by all the references to the hostel staff. I worried, that it lacked atmosphere as everyone focused on the staff. After staying at other hostels in Morocco I understand, good service is rare! The atmosphere was wonderful, breakfast yummy, but the staff really stood out! They were so helpful with recommendations, local tips (actual prices for goods), immediate checkin (with 10 am arrival), etcetera! If you have the time and money take the cooking class!!