Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge Reviews

Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Zenka Dika, no. 40, Marrakech, Morocco

My stay at the hostel was great!!

• 14th Jun 2015

I can't deny that all of the above were excellent- and this hostel would have been a full 100% from me! But, and a big BUT, a couple of girls reported being cornered by some staff and being felt up on the roof terrace. We left straight away for another hostel (Waka Waka), but upon our departure, the guys took our phones and reviewed their own hostel.(I asked Hostel World to revoke my review) This happened to us and the guys we were with. Such a shame.

this is a really good hostel where you will feel home. the staff is very friendly and helpful. i met really nice people there and hanged out together. i was travelling solo and the staff helped me with any problems i had. i'll certainly go back to Marrakech and stay there with friends this time, for a longer period. i really enjoyed it! greetings from istanbul guys! =)

Very welcoming hostel, me and my friends were treated like family from the moment we arrived, it really warmed our hearts with the hospitality they gave us, we were even invited to celebrate Ramadan with them. I had booked one night but ended up staying 4 in total. The location is pretty good once you have found it in the first place. The breakfast is good if you like bread, the cake is delicious. The 2 night 3 day desert tour was also brilliant and good value! I would gladly stay here again!

Hands down best hostel I've ever stayed at. Such good vibes and energy, easy to meet people and the owners are so beautiful and welcoming that you feel like family from the moment you walk in. I always feel safe and happy here, I've really never experienced a place like this.

Very warm welcome, friendly staff, and very close to the square. Staff remembers all of our names (even though there are loads of people staying here) and we got a great deal on a 3 day, 2 night Sahara tour, which was a blast! We also got a surprise free dinner - thanks!

The best staff. They know the city very well and they helped me a lot planning my next stops. I've also booked the Sahara tour with them; I really recommend it.

Excellent staff and excellent service

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Nothing bad to say about this hostel. It was AMAZING! Amazing atmosphere and right next to the center square. The staff were amazing as well. Would defenitely come back just to stay at this hostel

• 11th Jun 2015

Great location but as soon as you get out of a cab, you get hustled by locals that "guide" you about city/towards hostel. Don't accept help from locals. Hostel at night seemed not the greatest to get towards but safe enough. Excellent location near square. Love the aesthetic and layout of the hostel. Lacking in # of facilities. Minor flooding in some showers, toilets not the cleanest but manageable. Several common areas that drew some interesting people. Recommend.

had a wonderful stay in this hostel. definitely recommended! :D

Gorgeous place right by Jemaa el Fna. It's huge but feels very cozy. The staff was exceptional, one of us got sick and they did everything they could to help us. We only had one issue - the cleanliness left a lot to be desired. We had a private room and it was very dirty. It smelled like the toilets until we got spray to spray all over. There was a used towel and an empty pack of cigarettes left in the room. Other than that, we loved our stay at Marrakech Rouge!

Super friendly staff with clean facilities and Wi-Fi. Extremely helpful with showing me the Marrakech area and booking the Desert Sahara tour. Also a special thanks to All for helping me with travel plans Had an awesome time. Cheers

• 9th Jun 2015

The hostel has a policy of guests being quiet after 10pm, which usually worked well. However the night before my early flight home a very large group of around 30 people arrived at 11pm. As all the dorms look over reception sound travels really clearly, and I was kept awake for the next two hours as they talked loudly and were shown around the hostel. I asked two members of staff if they could be quieter but nothing was done. You expect some noise in a hostel but this was too much.

• Scotland

Lovely, colourful hostel. It's in the middle of the medina, just a short walk from Jemaa el Fna square. Staff are friendly, rooms and bathrooms clean. Breakfast is good and starts early so that you can enjoy a full day exploring the city.

Awesome vibe, beautiful decor, epitome of the Maroc culture. Beautiful rooftop and cheap excursions. We did the 3 day excursion to the Sahara which was the highlight of the eurtrip. Full disclosure, they stop at many hotels for meals which are a 10 euro average and many touristy shops but it is the cheapest excursion and well worth it. You also make close friends and have an awesome driver. 85 Euros's through this Hostel and 175 elsewhere for the trek

• 8th Jun 2015

Really great hostel! Met so many cool people and the staff are all really helpful!

• 8th Jun 2015

The hostal is conveniently located at the heart of Medina so it is very accessible from everywhere. The design of the hostal is truly Arabic, so you could totally immerse yourself in the Arabic atmosphere. The staff of the hostal is super helpful and friendly too. Moreover, the authentic homemade local breakfast is serviced every morning. Highly recommend this hostal to anyone coming to Marrakech! Truly amazing

Friendly staff with a fantastic atmosphere, It really feels like living in a riad, The staff is very nice and are always to help you and answer your queries, They will also always serve tea and some biscuits in the common area which is pleasant. The location is in the centre of the old medina which is within walking distance of all the attractions and the souk. Perfect for meeting new people as well. It is a simple hostel with a bed and shower so do not expect anything much or luxurious

Thanks for the avocado juice!

• 7th Jun 2015