Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge Reviews

Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Zenka Dika, no. 40, Marrakech, Morocco

I can honestly say this is the best Hostel hands down & an amazing value. For Morocco, it was extremely clean, facilities were in great shape, free tea & great breakfast, free internet, location was good very safe, but what made it over the top was the Staff! Hands Down the best. Staff made it your Home and family and always helpful!

Showers have hot water only for few minutes and then it gets really cold. Excelent staff.

SCAM. This is a mediocre hostel. The staff were cheerful but make nearly all guests write 5-star reviews while they are watching over your shoulder! We stayed there three nights--the staff did us several small favors, but those didn't nearly compensate for the dirty, LOUD, smoky rooms, and the feeling of being completely scammed about the quality. We visited friends in another hostel that was cheaper and infinitely better in all regards. I would never come back to Rouge and feel cheated.

This is just bizarre. Your previous review was for 100% for the same place. No one forces anyone to write a review, noone is standing over your shoulder (we are frankly too busy to waste our time doing such childish things). Ultimately, that you preferred your friends' hostel is fine, it however, does not make Marrakech Rouge a scam - it's just a preference. Hyperbole and exaggeration is the essence of this review. What you feel cheated about is a mystery to all!

Really nice and beautiful hostel with an excellent staff!!! Don't look further, you've found your hostel in Marrakech!

I had a fantastic experience at the hostel. The staff, Badr, Hicham, Amine, Mounaim, and others were great hosts. I would definitely come back again—I've traveled through many cities around the world and stayed at numerous hostels, but this one is definitely in the top 5. Highly recommended!

I had a great stay at this hostel! The staff were very warm and welcome, and helpful from the moment I arrived. I took the Sahara trip from the hostel, and it was amazing :)

The staff are lovely, always trying to make you comfortable! Would definitely come back!

• 9th Feb 2015

I loved this hostel, everyone is superfriendly and helpful and I came back here twice :) the only thing they could improve is making people aware, that its freaking cold at night during february, cause they cant close the roof and the house seems to be designed to keep the cold INSIDE since its superhot during summer which is kind of a disadvantage in winter :P

very friendly people and good service

• 9th Feb 2015

Great place! Ali was really helpful and friendly!

My favourite hostel by far and missing it already! Ali, Pedro and all the other staff made us feel so welcomed and looked after us from the second we arrived to the moment we left - truly great, warm and generous hosts! Can't wait to return sometime soon in the future - shukran! Jennifer :)

We happened to be staying At number 2 which has more of a diy style than number 1. Regardless of this, the place was very clean and staff very helpful, making our stay pleasant. I feel however that the second hostel should at least feature on the photos. Also there's a bit of a mess with bedprices, hostel bookers advertise euro whilst hostel world pounds - same amounts different currency. The hostel however always charges 250 mad per bed, regardless whether it's 6 or 8 bed dorm.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Hi there. We would like to thank you for your kind comment about our hostel which should be the subject of any review. Your comments about hostelworld and hostelbookers are not really relevant here, it really is just a matter of clicking the currency that you wish to view your booking with! To all our future guests - you can make comparative pricing by simply looking at the prices in the same currency. Happy travels!

Marrakech Rouge is a true gem! The staff at this hostel go above and beyond to make you feel at home as soon as you walk in the door - greeting you with tea, telling you everything you need to know about the city, booking excursions, and even carrying your bags to your room for you. Truly generous hosts! Free breakfast each morning and endless tea all day, easy to find + central location, and amazing atmosphere! What's not to love?

Really nice hostel with excellent staff! The riad beautiful and you receive a really warm welcome! I would defenetly recommend Hostel Riad Rouge!!!

Absolutely fantastic hostel! Highly recommended. Excellent service, great location and - best of all - warm and friendly staff who are always willing to help. Five stars! Thank you for hosting us :)

It was the best hostel i have ever stay in my live, everything is 100% !!!!!

• 5th Feb 2015

Not what was pictured in the photos, Cold night and no heating in the room, On the plus side staff was helpful and friendly. Would rather of spend the money on a hotel..

Hi Liqa and thanks for your review. Our photos are of the hostel. No more, no less. We do not advertise heating on any of the agency pages or our website so really, this should not be an unexpected surprise. It does get cold in Morocco this time of year as it is Winter. There are many excellent hotels in Marrakech and perhaps this is something you should have considered prior to booking a backpackers hostel. Best wishes for your future travels!

My expirence over 4 nights definitely surprised me regarding the atmosphere and facility of the hostel. Firstly, the staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. They allowed me to leave one of my bags, free of charge, while I was gone on a trip to desert. Know that I didn't have any more nights booked to stay there. The hostel itself is beautiful and provides everything a backpacker need to continue his/her travel into Morocco a pleasant, confortable, and safe stay. Plus, breakfast is great

The staff at this hostel are absolutely incredible! From the minute you check in they make you feel at home, consistently bringing you tea, making sure your needs are met, and helping to book local excursions! The hostel itself is clean, colorful, and beautifully decorated with heaps of space for relaxing and socializing

A fantastic hostel to stay in. Very close to the main square. No keys for the front door or bedrooms however lockers are provided and they can provide a pad lock if you need it. Fantastic staff who go above and beyond.