Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge Reviews

Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Zenka Dika, no. 40, Marrakech, Morocco

Other than the fact that it was quite hard to find the place, this hostel was perfect! Great location, great breakfast, and very accommodating staff.

Excellent staff! I really recommend Marrakech Rouge!

When we arrived we had a very warm welcome.Even Snooky the crazy cat said hello to us. The staff was the best we had in Morokko. The atmosphere is gracious. So we decided to spent our last two nights again at Marrakech Rouge. We recommend this hostel without any reserve. Our best wishes for the future. Otti and Peter from Germany.

Nice hostel. Can be noisy at night as all rooms lead in to the centre. Lovely roof terrace with tortoises and a great cat. Nice place to hang out. Good breakfast. Very few bathrooms for the number of people using them. No toilet when someone is having a shower. Hot water though. Good location off an interesting backstreet. Great staff here. Enjoyed my stay.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. The location amazing. Sunsets on the rooftop with a mint tea and sheesha is the Moroccan dream. Would definitely stay here again next time I am in Marrakech. Thanks for an amazing stay! :)

Absolutely loved Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge! The staff are wonderfully friendly and helpful, and you can book some amazing trips through the hostel as well. The location is extremely convenient - just a five minute walk from the souks and Jmaa el Fna. If I were to ever come back to Marrakech (and I'd love to) I would stay here again without question.

The staff and location were great! Someone was always there to answer our questions. Short walk to the plaza and the options for excursions are great. It wasn't the most secure hostel I've stayed in, but I would definitely recommend the hostel to friends traveling to Marrakech!

Friendly people in a magnific place!

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Spain

The perfect hostel to stay at when in marrakech, easy to find and the guys are all very polite.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

A haven of peace, very welcoming and a great place to relax after a long travel. you feel very happy to arrive here every time you return! the staff; khalid, hamoda, and the rest of the staff have been fantastic and extremely helpful in sorting us out with everything. thank you for a memorable and relaxing stay!

• 13th Apr 2014

This hostel was excellent. The staff and other travelers were all very friendly and knowledgeable. When we arrived we were greeted with mint tea and cookies. Every effort was made to make our staff comfortable and fun! Breakfast was plentiful and tasty and always offered even though we got up late a couple of times. The staff works with a tour company that took us to the Sahara for 3 days and two nights for a very reasonable price.

Nice hostel Lovely breakfast The problem was a bit of noise on the night, but nothing so big to care about

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Cozy place. Good breakfast, free tea any time you ask. The worst thing is that there are no 'calm hours'. There were a few people who were shouting and listening to the music very loud until 01.00-02.00 a.m. It was impossible to fall asleep before the trip early in the morning. The location is very good, but it is almost impossible to find it by yourself on the first day.

It was my first time travelling solo and I'm so glad I chose Marrakech Rouge for my place to stay. As soon as I arrived I felt welcome and at ease. Throughout my week stay I felt safe and comfortable. The staff were amazing. They were always there to help. I would go back to Marrakech in a heartbeat. And there is no question about it I would go back to Riad Marrakech Rouge and will tell all my friends to stay there too. By far my best trip ever and I cannot wait to return! I miss it already!

• 8th Apr 2014

one of the best hostels ive ever stayed at

excellent staff,good location,i would recommend to anyone,nice friendly atmosphere also,but the staff would be the best part very helpful.

Stayed the beginning of April 2014. Staff were friendly, you get free tea and sisha. Rooms we're cool and can't say I've ever stayed anywhere with turtles roaming free. Only downside is at first it's a bit tricky to find. Some street kid took me there, as it's down a blind ally I turned round and his 'big mafiso brother' had creeped upthe ally and they tried to fleece money from me.. just say no.

• 4th Apr 2014

Great place to stay, the staff is incredibly helpful and very friendly, the atmosphere is really good, you get to meet people from all over the world. The breakfast was amazing, and it is very close to the main square and the market. Hard to find if you don't have a good sense of orientation but you have a lot of signs on the street that you can memorize as points of reference (that's what I did.) Definitely staying there if I ever return to Marrakech.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Portugal

One of my top hostels ever for sure. Don't stay anywhere else! It is painted in bright red colours with the multiple common areas overflowing with decorations and cozy couches. There's free shisha and mint tea, and even a tortoise running around on the roof terrace. The atmosphere was fantasically chatty and friendly with awesome sociable staff. The only negative I had was that the showers ran out of hot water very quickly so I essentially had cold showers for my three nights there.

This is the flag ship hostel in Marrakech. The atmosphere here is great since the hostel is very popular among backpackers. You will be treated with free tea, shisha and breakfast.