Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge Reviews

Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Zenka Dika, no. 40, Marrakech, Morocco

The staff here was absolutely wonderful. They were friendly and ready to help with any question or problem we had, whether it be related to our stay at the hostel or any activities and excursions we wanted to do in the city. The atmosphere is also wonderful. There are several communal spaces including a rooftop that made it easy and comfortable to chat with the other travelers staying in the hostel. Overall, it was one of my favorite places I've stayed in.

• 4th Dec 2015

A beautiful hostel. Very, very difficult to find, and a little sketchy of a location for a girl traveling alone. Also there are no keys, so you have to ring the doorbell to be let in. Facilities were decent; the outlet in our room didn't work so we were forced to charge phones downstairs in the common area. Showers had no water pressure. That said, the atmosphere was great, and the staff are incredible--also, their mint tea is to die for. Would recommend if you aren't too picky.

The people who run the hostel are very helpful. Anything you want to do in Marrakech, they do not mind helping with planning. Additionally, they have excellent hospitality; complimentary tea and maps as you desire and the transport of luggage from outside to your room. The beds are hard and the showers can be cleaner.

Staff was very friendly! Yummy breakfast! I booked a 3-day-Sahara tour with them thinking at least they would know English on the tour and was willing to pay a bit more than with other travel agents. On the Sahara tour our driver spoke no English and other people as well were not treating female travelers with respect. To find the hostel watch the video they link you or remember Cafe de France :)

The staff there is really awsome, always ready to help, i stayed there 5nights and it was perfect, the location is also perfect. I totally recommend this riad for your travels in Marrakech. Cheers to everyone especially the manager who was such a gentlemen.

The hostel is great. But the location is a bit tricky to find when arriving for the first time. Don't let someon help you find it if you don't have to. One guy in the street started to show me the way without me asking him to and then four of his buddies followed us and I ended up alone in the alley where the hostel is located with five men demanding money and being very pushy. Not a fun. The hostel staff was very warm and freindly to me when they found out what happened.

Its a great hostel. Must stay! We received great hospitality and advice from the owners! :) All questions went answered, and we really enjoyed the stay.

• 1st Dec 2015
  • Singapore

Marrakech Rouge was just great! Amazing location right near the main square and very friendly staff, always greeting you with a smile. We have been back 3 times during our trip in Morocco. Great place for solo travelers too and breakfast is delicious!

First: I would go to this hostel again! The security of our room was poor, everybody can go inside. So you had to take all important documents with you everytime. The daytrip that we booked ws good, but we had to spend much more money during the trip for guides and restaurants and we hadn't the choice. The description of the daytrip, including the "destination" could be written more correctly... The breakfast was really nice and the stuff very friendly and helpful!

The best hostel I have ever stayed in, as well as the cheapest - thank you! :)

• Wales

Fab wee hostel - we had a private double room with lock/key. It was quite cold at night (because it was december) and the staff gave us extra blankets no problem. Fantastic location, clean and secure main door with doorbell. Great rooftop as well, would definitely stay here again!

• Slovenia

This hostel so nice. Also place is good, just 5minute Fna. All staff very kindness, safely and friendly. At first time they give a tae, and explained city also good. I think this Hostel is most population in Marrakech. If you visit Marrakech, you rest a Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge. You feel satisfied everything.

• South Korea

Great hostel, great staff and great location!!!

• 28th Nov 2015

Amazing setting, great staff. Room was brilliant, exceeded our expectations! Great place to meet people, perfect location and very chilled atmosphere.

• 24th Nov 2015

Hostel Marrakech Rouge has treated me well. Good breakfast, lovely staff abd convenient location.

OK hostel, located in the medina is a big plus but extremely noisy

Great place to meet people solo traveling

I really enjoyed my stay at this Riad & found the room comfortable & well kept. The riad itsel is very well kept & the decor is wonderful! The roof tops are excellent as you can climb your way up to a perfect sun spot if you need to relax after a crazy day in Marrakech. We arranged a taxi pick up which was helpful & he was very helpful & called staff to come help us with our bags which was very kind. i came in low season so the hostel wasn't too busy but there was a nice buzz of people at brekki

Great service in a great location

Great place to meet people, hostel seemed to stay very busy. Beds were very comfortable but the top bunks are very high. No lockers for bags but small lockers for valuables. Hostel wakes up early for excursions so don't expect to be able to sleep in. Staff is Nice but often forgetful if u ask for tea or breakfast, got a little annoying after a while. Terrace is great! Common area inside is mostly used by the staff