Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge Reviews

Riad Zitoune Jdid, Derb Zenka Dika, no. 40, Marrakech, Morocco

I Had a great stay here, really friendly staff and perfect hostel to stay in to relax and enjoy marrakech. All facilities are good and staff can help you with any information you need. The location is great in the old medina right near the main square! If you ask the guys they can teach you how to cook Tagin and you will eat in tradditional morrocan style! Overall great definitly reccomend Ciao!

• 27th Dec 2014

The staff at this hostel really made my trip to Marrackech special, genuinely wanted guests to have a great time. The location was superb and the hang out area was a great place to relax, smoke shisha and meet travellers. Special mention to Mohammed Ali (not a joke!) Said and Jawad who were exceptional

• 27th Dec 2014

We could not fully follow what the high ranking for this hostel is based on. The staff was very friendly but this has been the case throughout our Morocco travels. Room was cold and facitilites very old and run down. We had a cockroach in our room. The whole building was icy cold and no attempts of heating were made. Definitely a party hostel. Noise level especially close to the reception was high and went on until midnight.

The welcome email with clear directions & video was very appreciated. I know most Moroccan places don't take credit card, but if you can figure out a way to take them (even charging the guest for the service charge) I know a lot of tourists would prefer credit card & your ratings would go up! Thank-you for honouring quiet time after 22h. Lights were dimmed, music off at 22h which is great. Candle-lit hallways are gorgeous! Nice to have staff available all day. You guys work hard! Thank-you!

I arrived on Christmas day night around 7.30 after a full day's travelling on a train from Fez. Felt like I had walked into a surprise party, as the hosts had organised Christmas dinner for all the guests. Such a lovely thing to do. The hosts are so helpful and considerate - its the people who make the place.

They were amazing! Always helpful, remembered my name, and they gave all the residents a big giant family dinner for Christmas for free. The roof deck is gorgeous, and the location is easy and central. You can tell the staff really care about each other too and are really passionate about the hostel, which was nice to see.

Great vibe!! the hostel is the best to rest after a long walk at the Medina.. They don't push you to do any excursions, but help you find the best prices if you have any interests.. Ali and all the guys are always willing to help you in any problems you have. I would definitely recommend it!!!

The staff were so nice and helpful. It was an oasis in what is a very crazy city. I gave four stars for the location however because while it's in the middle of everything, getting to the hostel one gets ripped off by guides demanding more money. Otherwise it was really cool being I the middle of it all!

The staff are great, speak English, and were very helpful. The place is a bit tucked away into what looks like an alley but is really a street. Once you find it, it's great. The rooftop terrace has nice views of the city and the mountains, and its location close to the main square and historical palaces is really convenient for the on-foot tourist.

Fantastic atmosphere, great people and lovely staff. It was my first time in Morocco and having the staff help me out was invaluable, nothing was to difficult. On my way back to travel home (after going on a couple of yours organised by the Riad) I stayed again with Rouge. Have fun when you're there :)

The staff was very friendly, breakfast was excellent and the rooftop view is amazing. I would recommend this to everyone. This is the best price value we have had so far.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Belgium

I spent one night at Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge and was very pleased with my experience. The staff, even though very busy with the many coming and going lodgers, were all very busy and always made time to attend to any issues or questions that I had. The facilities are appropriate decorated for being centrally located in the Medina. The location like everything else there is a bit hidden, but once you figure it out, it's easy to navigate to and from. All-in-all good experience.

Staff was great! free breakfast everyday, the building was fantastic. Slept like a baby. Excursions from the hostel were great value and covered everything I wanted.

Riad Marrakech Rouge is a fantastic place to stay, staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help you. On Christmas day they cooked all the guests a lovely Christmas meal which really made our stay. It was a fun evening with great food, mixing with different nationalities and sharing stories. The hostel has a fantastic atmosphere and offers lots of things to do. It has a lovely roof top terrace where you can unwind in the sun. Perfect!

• 23rd Dec 2014

the hostel is in the main square. hind is very manager, friendly and gave a gift. i'd like to know her better to know more about your culture but unfirtunstely i had short time. it is better take the bus 19 from the airport because cost 30 dm and stop at the same place of the taxi which cost 100dm and you get a map from the driver. She left sleep more than the check out time. All of them are very nice!!!

• 22nd Dec 2014

Very kind and friendly staffs!!! :) We had a very comfortable stay. We like a lot to drink mint tea in the living room :D

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Japan

My second home! After a year of travelling and over 50 hostels this is by far the winner. The most welcoming people you will meet in the whole of Morocco, the best atmosphere and a great hub to meet other backpackers. I can't put into words how Ali and his team welcome you into this hostel. You will leave as family. Incredible hostel not to be missed.

Amazing welcome, incredible staff and a great atmosphere!! Nothing not to like at all!! The roof top was a great place to chill out at and the tortoises are so cool.

• 21st Dec 2014

Absoulutely fantastic hostel and staff!

We had a great time at Marrakech rouge. The staff was kind, flexible, and always willing to help. Highly recommended.