Hostel Rio Guesthouse Reviews

Rua Gustavo Sampaio, 416 Leme, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I absolutely loved it. Definitely one of the best, cleanest and friendliest hostels in South America. Loved the location at the far western side of Copacabana beach, just 3 min walk from the beach in a quiet leafy neighbourhood. The staff, manager Neusa and housekeeper Gil were extremely accommodating and friendly. I felt like I was visiting a very hospitable friend's house, not staying at a hostel. Most highly recommended! You will love it here.

Great location , great security. Very friendly and helpful staff . Very clean ! I would recommend having some more information about possible tours and flings to do in Rio. Also for the price I would recommend including breakfast. I had a great stay though :)

The hostel has a excelent location close to copacabana beach. Is a brend new hostel . Staff are nice . There is only lockers for small objects . I´ve been to a large room for 10 people that in fact is like a corridor , every people that stay in the second floor pass trough the room to go to others rooms making it noisy and unsecurity 24 hs . Beside its is a hostel where you share rooms with others it would have access only for people who book this room.

I really don't recommend hostel. I booked a bedroom to share with 10 people but in fact it was an aisle where everyone in the floor could come and go any time of day and night.As far as I know a bedroom is shared only between those who are paying for the room.The floor only had three bathroom, in the morning I had to wait a lot to take a bath and go out. Moreover, I asked to take a bath before the check out to travel but it was denied even if I pay for it. I always could do that in other hostels

Comments when they reflect the truth are always welcomed, but unfurtunately you are not being sincerous! You had options and decided to book a 10 guest shared bedroom. Except for you friend we never had any conplains about the room. Besides 3 bathrooms for ten guests are more than enough! Moreover we could not allow a bath by 10pm since we were full and you made your checkout by noon. We did our best to please your group, and except for you and one more, everybody was happy with our hostel!!!

Great location near the beach. Very clean hostel with nice bathrooms and hot water. Staff are lovely! Would like more informations for tours etc. And no breakfast. Rooms clean and comfortable.

Great hostel set back one block from Leme beach. Staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. 24 hour security on the gate too. Showers were immaculate and warm too! After travelling around Brazil for a month this was the best showers from any hostel we stayed in. Very close to Copacabana. Cannot recommend enough.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Apesar de apenas 1 dia no estabelecimento, me surpreendi. O lugar é muito bem localizado, com rstaurantes próximos de preços acessíveis, a praia fica a apenas uma quadra. Sobre o staff, foram todos atenciosos. A guesthouse da um ar familiar pois todos me deixaram bem a vontade, pude interagir com os outros hóspedes e até mesmo o proprietário no louge que possui duas tvs 50".. O ambiênte é limpo com arrumação impecável e com Segurança 24hrs, isso me deixou bem satisfeito! Recomendo!!

• 24th Jun 2014