Hostel Rio Guesthouse Reviews

Rua Gustavo Sampaio, 416 Leme, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Really Nice hostel, bit more expensive than average hostel but also way more luxurious. Walking distance of copacabana and a save neighborhood. Great breakfast as well.

• 1st Apr 2015

Best value for location that we could have asked for, right next to Copacabana. Good breakfast in the morning and the facilities were of the normal hostel standard. Staff were very friendly and happy to help!

The hostel itself was ok and staff were great, but the atmosphere was a huge disappointment. I booked it a few weeks in advance and arrived solo. However, when I got there, I was told it was just me and another guy (nowhere to be seen at the time) at the ENTIRE hostel. People started arriving only 3 days later. Big let down - if they emailed me to advise the hostel would be empty, I would never have stayed, as my intention was to meet people. Lockers were not free like advertised either

The location is awesome: really close to copacabana beach, the sugar loaf and many other beaches like botafogo and urca.The facilities are nice, however no A/C in any of the rooms which can be challenging in summer.the breakfast does the job, and the staff really try to make you feel comfortable and to arrange activities for you. Price was fair and there are plenty of restaurants, pharmacies and supermarkets around the block... Staying just one block away from the beach for this price is great

This hostel was perfect for staying close to Copacabana. It's 5 minutes walking distance to the Leme beach, which is a bit nicer and cleaner than the very center of the Copa beach. The breakfast/reception area is very nice and the staff is friendly. However, the 10 bed room I was in was a bit too crowded (hard to squeeze between the bunk beds and lower bunk doesn't get wind from the fan so I woke up very sweaty!). Room was not the cleanest but bathrooms were clean. Overall, pretty satisfied.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels