Hostel Rio Playa Reviews

Calle 8 Entre 5 y ave 10, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Great location! Great Staff! Was welcomed there and felt at home. Will definitely be coming back! Thank you Hostel Rio for a great get-a-way!

It was really good, the location excelent, close to the club area, coco bongo, beach and all of it. The bar area from the hostal was the best part, the bartenders were reallyu nice with us and is just a great place to meet people, I would stay there for sure again, little detail with the air conditioner but it was not a big deal.

Kitchen electronic rages old( wait long time) air conditioner is weak(so hot) some staff is not kind

Atmosphere appeared to be severely lacking during my stay. Air conditioning wasn't used at the stated times without prompting the staff which led to uncomfortable room temperatures.

I love this hostel! Close to the beach and the shopping street. Super friendly and helpfull staff. And even though it is a party hostel, i could sleep really good ;) The room was cleaned every day and the bathroom was really big and got a great shower with good water pressure... Also nice breakfast!

It's awesome. Best staff and good location

• 26th Jul 2015

Nice hostel with a cool bar and pool on the roof! Staff were nice and friendly and the rooms were clean. Located in a good spot just off the 'strip' and only 5 mins from the bus station. Only stayed one night but would recommend!

Although the rooftop bar was a very good atmosphere and had great vibes, the private rooms were definitey sub-standard and were barely able to fit two people in them. Also the face that the A/C was shared between the adjacent room, this was so inconvienent because we constantly had to get the remote from them to turn it off and on. The private rooms need to be bigger. Duly noted, the bar staff were excellent !!

• 15th Jul 2015

We spent one night here and would have liked to have stayed longer if time allowed. The staff were extremely helpful and the room we were in was large and spacious. Breakfast was excellent too!

Wifi was average. Rooms were stinking hot and there was absolutely no atmosphere. I had high expectations as everyone I had spoken to rated this very highly, my experience was far from impressed. I left after 3 days instead of 8.

This hostel was very accommodating. The staff was great & always there to help with any concerns. The roof top bar with ladies open bar was awesome. It also help meet & greet the other guests. Only downside was very noisy I evening with 2 clubs right next door. Not the right hostel if you want to sleep

I love the roof top pool!

Great Hostel! Location is very good, nice breakfast and amamazing Staff. Erica, Abel and David are great people and give the place very friendly atmosphere, going together for the tours during the day and taking you to clubs at night.

This is a good hostel, unfortunately we were there on a day when no alcohol was being sold anywhere due to a local election so it was dead with no atmosphere but am told it is usually has a good vibe. The bonus was we had a four bed dorm to ourselves. playa is really touristy, if you're backpacking don't waste too much time here, head down to Tulum and Bacalar instead!

Absolutely nothing wrong with the hostel. Had lots of potential and had heard from past stayers that it was great for partying and meeting people. Unfortunately the hostel was going through a bit of a quiet patch and there was no atmosphere.

Great location

amazing staff, I would definitely come back to this hostel and recommend you. Thanks you for everything

I miss this place! The staff is incredible :)

• 14th May 2015
  • China

The staff at Hostel Rio are amazing! They are friendly, fun and super helpful! I'll definitely be back!

I was given my sheets as opposed to a bed with the sheets already on them. I think this is unusual since the other places I have stayed do the bed for you. I think this was distasteful. other than that it wss good, although overpriced in my opinion. The grand hostal playa is way better.

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels