Hostel Rio Playa Reviews

Calle 8 Entre 5 y ave 10, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

This hostel looks a lot nicer in photos than it really is! The dorm I was in smelt musty, the locker was pretty disgusting and they don't provide padlocks. Pool was so shallow you couldn't swim there. Bar area was always fun and a good place to meet people. There are better hostels in Playa but this one is great value with breakfast included.

• 17th Sep 2014

Close to beach, main street bars and clubs. Great staff and atmosphere.

• 13th Sep 2014

Great hostel, nice staff, wonderful terrace with little pool and bar.

Rather noisy as we had a room that was close to the street. Recommend not staying in the 14 bed room noisy. Gd party hostel. Pool was awesome

Loved this place great atmosphere but don't stay unless you want to party! Igor is an absolute champ!!!

Close to everything g imaginable. Staff is super friendly :) let me shower after my day trip and after I had checked out. Little hard for a solo traveller to meet people bit you will with the 10pm ladies drink free.

This hostel was very nice and had such a great location its 10 min walk from the bus station and 3 min walk from the beach what more can u ask for. The staff here are very nice and welcoming if i ever come back to Playa Del Carmen i will be staying there, roof top pool and bar was pretty cool as well

Loved staying here, as soon as I checked in there were really friendly people who spoke to me and made me feel really welcome, staff and other guests. Was really easy to fit in because of such friendly, quality people who stayed here. Bar area is good fun and the pool is a bonus although very shallow! There is lots of noise around with karaoke bar downstairs and mexican local bar next door so the music pumps really late (4am). If you are a light sleeper ask for a room at the back of the hostel a

This joint is epic. I rekon if it wasn't for this hostel I wouldn't have liked Playa, It's like a mini Cancun! But this hostel made our stay epic! They have a rad bar around the pool and every night the party kicks off around 9pm, after ladies free drinks for an hour there's always a big pack of ppl who head out together to bars etc. all the staff are full rad chillers and the vibe is always relaxed. If I go back to playa I'll be staying there again. (From an Australian dude)

This place was awesome. I would definately stay here again. Young crowd, good music and the location of this place is unbeatable. Friendly staff, internet and on site bar.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

For me It was the best Hostel that I have been! It is a hostel for young people who like to having fun, there is a pub inside, nice people. They also arrange tour with the guest . It near to the beach, 2 blocks and also near to the most popular avenue. I strong recommend stay there. There are air conditional and fan in the rooms which help on the hot weather. It 5 minutes walking from Ado buses

A very laid back yet informative hostel. Staff was very friendly and helpful when booking tours. Located only a few blocks from the beach and night club area. The nightly happy hour was a great way to connect with other backpackers.

Great hostel if you want to party and have fun. Staff are great, breakfast is better than most, location is central, couldn't ask or much more. Had a wonderful time!!

Went once, came back to stay again! One of the best hostels I've stayed in- great service, great rooms, right in the middle of everything on playa del carmen. Had snorkles to borrow for free, decent free breakfast. And the staff andrea et al do a fantastic job. Very sociable and cheap drinks at night, couldn't ask for more from a hostel, highly recommend it!

The best hostel I've ever stayed a. Amazing staff, location and atmosphere! Will definitely come back!

Had a great stay at Hostel Rio Playa. Super easy to meet people, and high quality peeps at that! Free drinks for the ladies every night is a great way to meet everyone. The 6 room mixed dorm I stayed in was really spacious and clean, and far enough away from the rooftop to be able to get a good sleep if you didn't want to party. Great location also, only a 5 or so minute walk from bus station, and a stroll away from the beach.

Awesome hostel, great location, staff, dorms, bar and other guests! When I did make it to breakfast that was really good too. Great place to have some drinks before you go out and was able to have a sleep in too as pretty much everyone goes out at night in playa. I couldn't find any faults with this hostel.

Awesome experience! The staff alone makes it worth while, helpful and friendly. Make sure you're at the hostel's bar by 2130 because between 2200 and 2300 ladies drink for free, except beer, and it gets packed. That's every night, especially weekends. The social lubricant starts flowing and before you know it you've made new friends. We set up a few tours through the hostel, good choice. Facilities are clean, and secure. The free breakfast was delicious. I'm definitely staying there again.

• 20th Jul 2014

We had an amazing 3 nights here and I will definitely be going back in the future. Every night the party would get going on the rooftop patio and a large group of people would head to the club(s) together. Followed by a morning (or afternoon) of recovery by the pool the next day. The staff was extremely helpful and the vibe of this hostel was second to none.

definitely a great party environment, the staff truly cosmopolitan, and very helpful for out of towers..

« first « Prev 1 2 3