8.5
Fabulous 1,394 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1,394 Total Reviews
Hostel Rio Playa Located at Calle 8 Entre 5 y ave 10, , Playa del Carmen.
Mexico
Playa del Carmen 77710 Calle 8 Entre 5 y ave 10
85% 1394
20.6260769 -87.0734095
    Rooms available

• emilyyu1315
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
15th Jan 2017

The water cut off in the whole hostel whilst I was there!!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
12th Jan 2017
7.1

Great location for the party vibes of playa, although if your not prepared to have music going till 6/7am next door then probably not a good idea to stay here, but that wasn't really an issue for us. Although the location was good and the rooftop bar is nice, I really disliked the room we had and the bathroom was questionable. The room didn't feel comfortable, very small with too many beds in a confined space. Basically was not as good as I would have expected it to be considering the price.

• Saudi Arabia, Male, 25-30
10th Jan 2017
6.3

I have been here for 6 days , 4 days there was no water for shower and in the bathroom. The only good thinks is the location and the staff.

• Israel, Male, 31-40
9th Jan 2017

I'd love to give a higher grade. The staff was super nice, and the hostel was ok. I'm really not spoiled, and spent quite some time in dorms. The only downside that made me ditch the hostel the second I woke up was the horrible noise. The hostel is located between 2 loud bars, and the music stops at like 6 in the morning. If you have any problem with sleeping with noise - avoid at all costs. Staff was awesome tho, replaced my room in the middle of the night, and returned my money immediately.

7th Jan 2017
8.0

The share rooms still need to be more up to date. I think the high price is more because of location which is great. The staff is awesome. The breakfast great. Only one bathroom for a share 16 ppl room. I feel it needs a remodel. Hard to find for outlets to charge devices. They should considered the bars noise and post a warning sign to be advise in advance. A few nights I couldnt sleeo. If u r not a party person please consider this music stops like around 6 am. Thanks for everything lovely sta

• Ireland, All Female Group, 18-24
5th Jan 2017

Very nice hostel room. Breakfast was great. There was Coffee, fresh fruits and hand made fresh rolls available until 1030. I found the hostel very loud at night time. I would be lucky to get 3-4 hours sleep in a row. Unfortunately there are local bars on both sides of the hostel, including the own hostel bar. Music would go on until 430-5am. Over all I would go back if I was looking for an intense party filled hostel

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
4th Jan 2017
8.0

We stayed here for a week in January. Our bed was comfy and everything seemed mostly clean. The staff were absolutely lovely and it created a great atmosphere. Location is the highlight at this hostel, we couldn't have asked for much more really. Close to downtown, the supermarket and the beach. The kitchen and shower did lack a little. There were okay utensils and a cook top, but our shower often didn't have much pressure. Overall a great stay.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
3rd Jan 2017

This was my first hostel every and it was great!!! The staff are really friendly and more than willing to go out of their way to help you, the hostel was always clean. The atmosphere wasn't to bad has a rooftop bar. You can't beat location. Only bad thing but was expected was the noise from the nightclubs/ karaoke bar and next door has just started renovations. All in all would definitely stay here again.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
2nd Jan 2017

Ladies night every night was great! Staff were also incredibly helpful and fun !!

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
2nd Jan 2017

Staff was wonderful! Very friendly and helpful The location is amazing. Near to the beach, bars, restaurants, everything Breakfast is awesome I really liked and recommend people to go