Hostel Rio Playa Reviews

Calle 8 Entre 5 y ave 10, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

the reception is nearby, but the no key entrance means that someone can walk right in and 'visitors' can roam freely. Locking cabinets seem sturdy enough (accept full size lock bolts). The 12 person dorm room is comfortable enough, and I honestly could barely hear the karaoke downstairs. Would repeat.

I enjoyed my stay there. I met amazing people and the staff were super friendly and helpful !!! It's super close to the beach and to 5 ave. The only thing i didn't like was that there are two clubs next door and they play the music till late in the night. So you didn't get the best sleep. I would come back directly and would tell everyone to go there !! :)

• 26th Nov 2014

Our stay was okay. We were situated right above a club, the music was very loud and did not stop at all, all night/morning. But I guess, what else do you expect from Playa?

Great hostel, great pool on the top.. I just wish they had more activities like going out to bars, etc

Enjoyed my stay as it was do close to the beach and all things playa, but the common areas were slightly dis jointed, didn't get to meet many of the other guests that weren't in my dorm. Wish the weather had been nicer

We really liked Andrea.

• 15th Nov 2014

Only pick this hostel if you don't need to sleep before 3am. It's above a bar which plays music so loud the dorm rooms shake all through the night. Only pick if you want to party all night long. Pictures are very outdated.

Only major problem was the two night cubs on either side of the hostel that play concert sound level music all night tlll 430 to 5 am in the morning every night, even though the clubs are mostly empty. I had to leave to another place could not sleep there.

Nice hostel right in the middle of the central. 2 min to the beach. Perfect location, nice breakfast and the ladynight with free drinks is also great. Just if u wanna get some rest und sleep its pretty noisy from the bar just next to the hostel. Staff is very nice and helpfull.

The hostel is well located in Playa del Carmen, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Everything you can expect from a hostel and even more : wifi, clean rooms, a bar on top of the terrasse with a pool. We were there for Halloween and everybody was disguised :). Only negative point : It was sligthly irritating to not be able to control the AC temperature by ourselves, otherwise rooms are quite okay.

Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at! The staff there were amazing and made my stay one of the best experiences of my life!

Although a little further away the place is great. The guys gave us great deals on tours and rooms made it feel like you had more privacy. To get to the hotel zone you just jump on a bus. The pool is a big plus. Will be coming here again.

• 8th Oct 2014

This is the best hostel i've ever stay! nice place, staff very friendly and helpful, nice breakfast, really enjoy the pool, the bar. It's close to the beach, bus station and 5th street. Everything was perfect!!! It's the best place to make friends if you're travelling alone :) already miss it!

• 7th Oct 2014

Hostel Rio was very clean and beds were comfortable. There weren't many people staying at the hostel so it was a little quiet whilst I was there but I imagine the rooftop area would be awesome when there are more travellers. The location was pretty good, near 5th avenue which is the Main Street in Playa.

A very well located Hostel. Fairly outdated and the roof top pool (featured in the advertisements) which was our reason for choosing this hostel over another was just a dirty paddling pool about 30cm deep. The staff were great and very helpful.

This hostel seriously saved my trip, I arrived stressed out after a series of unfortunate events. When I checked in Marcel straight away helped us sort all my problems out and organised a free trip to the beach. Great hostel, good atmosphere and friendly staff, helpful for booking tours and information. Great showers!! Good bar to socialize. Will definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Playa :)

This hostel looks a lot nicer in photos than it really is! The dorm I was in smelt musty, the locker was pretty disgusting and they don't provide padlocks. Pool was so shallow you couldn't swim there. Bar area was always fun and a good place to meet people. There are better hostels in Playa but this one is great value with breakfast included.

• 17th Sep 2014

Close to beach, main street bars and clubs. Great staff and atmosphere.

• 13th Sep 2014

Great hostel, nice staff, wonderful terrace with little pool and bar.

Rather noisy as we had a room that was close to the street. Recommend not staying in the 14 bed room noisy. Gd party hostel. Pool was awesome

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels