Hostel Rio Playa Reviews

Calle 8 Entre 5 y ave 10, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Good hostel for meeting young people. Good basic rooms. Staff are lovely.

• 15th Apr 2015

I had been in playa del carmen so many times before and was ,y favorite visit, is close to the disco areas, they have ladys night one hour all you can drink the staff was cool, the beds confortable, its perfect :)

Very cool hostel . The place is very clean, the staff is amazing and so is the bar. They were very helpful in giving me some information about the tours. The place is very close to the beach and to the 5 th avenue. Thanks a lot to Marcelo and Abel for being so nice to me. Abraços do brasileiro Rubem!

I thought the hostel was really solid, although I wish there had been more of an effort to have non-drinking social events. There's a ladie's hour, but that's about it so you really have to put in a lot of effort to get to meet people.

Great hostel with brilliant atmosphere. Location was perfect, as very close to the beach and Party street. Abel and Igor are legends at the bar, and will take you out every night.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Norway
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel is a kind of party hostel. If you couldn't sleep with loud music please stay another place. However, as I'm able to stay with noise. This hostel is fun.

A lot of party every night and noisy, so, don´t forget your earphones just in case you want to rest early

Really great hostel in the centre of town and close to the beach. Staff were really friendly and happy to help.

• 27th Mar 2015

Fun party hostel - everyone goes up to the roof and the hostel staff brings people out after they close the rooftop bar and help get people wristbands, etc. Could use a few more washrooms and more space to chill during the daytime (but you'd be sleeping or at the beach anyway). It's pretty loud at night if you're looking to get a good night's sleep in.

Definitely a party hostel. but also nice location close to the beach and avenue 5. Don't come expecting to sleep

The hostel was fun although it doesn't have enough bathrooms/showers. There isn't a place to relax and sit on a couch to have a talk, it has a very nice and fun terrace with a bar but it wasn't a good place to spend some moment relaxed as it was always with loud music (good music though!!).

This place rocks for meeting cool people and its in a great location! Great spring break spot.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Third time on Playa del Carmen and first in Río Playa. Great experience! Very nice breakfast, Juan from the staff was really nice, he shared we us the best tips to hang around. About security, we don't even needed to use the locker! I would recommend it!

I stayed in a 6-bed mixed dorm. Pros: 1. Location(beach, clubs, food) 2. Inviting atmosphere (esp. pool area) 3. Breakfast: Variety of fresh fruits, pasties, cereal, and more. The best included hostel breakfast I have had. 4. Clean facilities...Cleaners and staff go above & beyond . I'd suggest a monetary tip. 5. The pool area...it is a great spot for conversation, drinks, and the sun. Cons: 1. Internet: I wish I could connect in my room I highly recommend Hostel Rio Playa

Good Party place

The staff was amazing. Everyone was a delight!

AMAZING hostel! Great rooms, good showers, free breakfast! Great location, just around the corner from Main Street. Pool was great, and an hour of free drinks for ladies every night!

Hostel Rio Playa was all we hoped for & more! Felt more like family & friends - Andrea warmly hugged us when we left and recommended a fantastic seafood restaurant. Jesse (sp?) was so happy to be of service-I can tell he sincerely enjoys his job! The bartenders were great & also obviously having fun (but providing excellent service @ the same time) & even took a bunch of us out to a party we wouldn't have known about otherwise. Clean, fun, quiet enough to sleep (tho who needs it); just PERFECT!

The girls from the staff are really kind and help a lot with all type of information from playa and other places from Mexico. I really recommended to stay hier

I had an amazing time staying at Rio Playa; get atmosphere, get location (close to the beach) and last but certainly not least, the staff were very welcoming and made sure everyone was enjoying their stay. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Playa del Carmen who is looking to meet amazing people and be in a great location that is in close proximity to all necessities; however, if you are looking for a quiet vacation with no loud music, perhaps look elsewhere :P

• 19th Feb 2015