Hostel Rio Playa Reviews

Calle 8 Entre 5 y ave 10, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Hostel Rio Playa has a great location, really close to the main strip and the ADO. The atmosphere is great, during the day/evening people are hanging out on the roof and in the night the bar gets really lively. The staff are friendly, the atmosphere is great and it is so easy to meet people. Ended up coming back for my last night in Mexico.

Can't beat the location of this hostel. Right off of 5th avenue. Close to the beach. Rooms were very clean and had a/c. Fantastic breakfast. Rooftop bar is great for socializing. Staff were friendly and super helpful! Would definitely return!

STAFF WERE THE BEST PART ABOUT THIS STAY!!! They were all really amazing!!! So helpful and happy would definitely return based on that alone. Location great so close to everything! awesome spacious dorms with nice showers. Pool is a very cool bonus we can't wait to come back :)

One of the best hostels Ive been to. Location is within seconds of the main street and close to a bus that can take to cancun or tulum, breakfast was also included in our stay (it was simple but good brekky food), staff were super nice and rooms were clean. Have nothing bad to say about this hostel! Only down side is that it is next to/on top of a bar so trying to get to sleep can be tricky Keep up the good work! PS ladies every night at the roof top bar from 10-11pm :)

Great place , great people, great moments spent in Playa! Thank you Marcelo and all the staff! Saludos del Brasil!

• 14th Jan 2016

Overall good stay and extremely good location however private rooms upstairs have hole in wall for air conditioning - Staff very friendly.

Top place if you want a party. The pool is more of a knee deep kids pool but still fun to drink around.

I came to this hostel after a very bad experience at another one, and it was amazing. Walking distance from the beach, amazing art work in the streets outside, and the owner and staff made me feel right at home. I would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel I always stay here when in playa! Perfect location and amazing staff

This was a good hostel with a GREAT staff and a GREAT location. Andrea was so helpful! Very social atmosphere. Good breakfast for a hostel. PDC is a fun beach town with good restaurants and a party atmosphere. The hostel is very loud at night but bring earplugs and a sleep mask and you'll be just fine...honestly I'd advise that with any hostel. The lock on our room's door was broken but we had our stuff locked up in a locker so it wasn't a major concern.

I ranked the location poor only because it was in the heart of playa and bars stayed open till after 5am, so it was very very noisy. If you plan on coming to playa to party till 5am then the location would be excellent for you. Also, just a tip there are private rooms available around the corner, it is much quieter. You just need to ask the staff.

• 2nd Jan 2016

How can you not love this place? The staff was very warm and treated me like family.

• 31st Dec 2015

Cool little hostel in a good spot walking distance to all the clubs an bars an beaches so I really enjoyed it

3rd time I go back to this hostel... That says everything..... Best parties ever, amazing staff, great location 2 blocks from the beach, 3 from the clubs...

The staff were super helpful - helped me stich up my arm after I fell down the stairs, were always there to lend blankets/towels/adapters and tell us about the area. Location is perfect! Minuses are the small rooms, hard to find mirrors and the fact you had to go to a different floor to get a hot shower..

Great atmosphere, only three bathrooms for one floor is not enough. This needs to be improved!

This was my second time staying at the Rio Playa and I can confidently say that this Hostel is seriously ALOT of fun! The staff are outstanding, the breakfast is a cut above and the kitchen is well equipped, 10/10 for location and overall a really chilled vibe. You won't regret staying here, highly recommend. Thank you Adriana and Dreads man (sorry I forgot your name :) Love Carlie and Ben.

Best hostel. Great location. Amazing staff. Wish I was still there.

Stayed here over NYE holiday with my girlfriend, which was a very crazy time to be in playa. We were originally placed in the downstairs room above the street level bar. The bar was bumping music until 4 or 5am and it was really troublesome to sleep. The good part was that the staff was very accommodating and moved us upstairs away from the noise where we could sleep! Also the Korean part owner lady is super friendly and makes a great breakfast every morning including fresh fruit!

Great staff, make you feel welcome and taken care of. We stayed in a nice spacious room - 14 bed. Nice showers - hot water. huge lockers. Perfect location!! walking distance to the beach/shopping/bus station. Would definitely stay here again.

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels