Hostel Rio Playa Reviews

Calle 8 Entre 5 y ave 10, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Good hostel, good breakfast and nice staff. Negative: No wifi in the rooms (at least in my room), very loud until late and soo many bar stools, but only 1 couch to sit down comfortable and work on the computer for example.

ANABELLE IS AMAZING!!!

The hostel is located in the best possible area in Playa del Carmen and the staff is so helpful. I think they need to improve the rooms facilities, like beds and specially sheets, they were terrible! At least to give you the opportunity to rent a new ones. Also, If you want to sleep quitley this is not the hostel. The girls happy hour was so fantastic, thanks!

If you're looking for a good location and party near the beach in Playa del Carmen, you'll not find something else better that Rio Playa... The staff are very nice and you only have to walk 2 block to go to the beach... There's a lot of bars and restaurants near the hostel, there are lockers on the shared rooms, but you need to bring your own lock. Thank you guys!! My stay in Hostel Rio Playa was really awesome! Danke Schön! Gracias! Merci!

Awesome hostel to stay at during BPM Festival, great party atmosphere, though stay away if you don't like Australians ;-) I'd say it was 95% Aussies staying there the whole time haha! Nice rooftop bar with free ladies drinks from 10 - 11 each night. Never saw anyone in the ppol though? And it's noisy at night, but you're not there to sleep! Staff are great, Andrea is very friendly and welcoming! See you next year for another BPM! :-)

Such a great place during the party season and the staff were so helpful and welcoming. They also helped out with some troubles we had with our flights!! Genuine, beautiful people!!

• 8th Jan 2015

Best place in PDC !!!

• 5th Jan 2015

It's good I guess if you are a group. The pool in the photos is basically half a metre deep if that. Drinks should be cheaper to encourage mingling etc. Met big groups of traveling Australians when I was there (neither good or bad)

pros- good location. good breakfast. cons- not cheap, 40. unclean, especially bathroom.

Hostel Rio is awesome! Lovely staff, great atmosphere, great location, continental breakfast included AND a rooftop bar. Only potential downfall is that it can be quiet loud at night. This wasnt an issue for me personally, but if you're a light sleeper you might want some ear plugs. Would definitely recommend/return. Thanks for a good time Hostel Rio :) :)

The personal is really helpful if you want some advice to going out of the touristic places. Rooms are clean, bathroom also, the only things is that in a dorm for 14 person, 1 bathroom it's not enough, but except that everything great. Really nice staff, the rooftop is really great.

Great place with good staff who always were in a good mood and helpful.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Great location so it cops all the noise until early in the morning

Good mix of folks from all over and different ages. The nightly happy hour by the pool is a great way to meet folks. The location can't be beat, you are close to all the action. I enjoyed staying at this hostel and especially appreciated the very friendly staff. The place could use another bathroom on the first level but maybe it's better on one of the upper floors. Overall, the place was clean and well run.

• 24th Dec 2014

I've stayed at hostels all over the world and by far this is my favorite. The staff are absolutely amazing men and women. Love you guys, take care and see you next time I'm in Playa.

I have stayed at a lot of hostels and the staff here and common area was probably the greatest I've expeirenced in traveling , I would highly reccomend this place I'd you are looking for a good hostel

• 22nd Dec 2014

Not enough facilities to share between the number of guests.

• 19th Dec 2014

the reception is nearby, but the no key entrance means that someone can walk right in and 'visitors' can roam freely. Locking cabinets seem sturdy enough (accept full size lock bolts). The 12 person dorm room is comfortable enough, and I honestly could barely hear the karaoke downstairs. Would repeat.

Can't bring own alcohol in, it's pitty but that blows it for me.

I enjoyed my stay there. I met amazing people and the staff were super friendly and helpful !!! It's super close to the beach and to 5 ave. The only thing i didn't like was that there are two clubs next door and they play the music till late in the night. So you didn't get the best sleep. I would come back directly and would tell everyone to go there !! :)

• 26th Nov 2014