Hostel Rio Playa Reviews

Calle 8 Entre 5 y ave 10, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

I miss this place! The staff is incredible :)

• 14th May 2015
  • China

The staff at Hostel Rio are amazing! They are friendly, fun and super helpful! I'll definitely be back!

I was given my sheets as opposed to a bed with the sheets already on them. I think this is unusual since the other places I have stayed do the bed for you. I think this was distasteful. other than that it wss good, although overpriced in my opinion. The grand hostal playa is way better.

It's a party hostel with a lot of bars with loud music so if you wanna sleep it's a wrong place. Anyway this is a friendly hostel. I would recommend it

Good hostel for meeting young people. Good basic rooms. Staff are lovely.

I had been in playa del carmen so many times before and was ,y favorite visit, is close to the disco areas, they have ladys night one hour all you can drink the staff was cool, the beds confortable, its perfect :)

Very cool hostel . The place is very clean, the staff is amazing and so is the bar. They were very helpful in giving me some information about the tours. The place is very close to the beach and to the 5 th avenue. Thanks a lot to Marcelo and Abel for being so nice to me. Abraços do brasileiro Rubem!

I thought the hostel was really solid, although I wish there had been more of an effort to have non-drinking social events. There's a ladie's hour, but that's about it so you really have to put in a lot of effort to get to meet people.

Great hostel with brilliant atmosphere. Location was perfect, as very close to the beach and Party street. Abel and Igor are legends at the bar, and will take you out every night.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Norway
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel is a kind of party hostel. If you couldn't sleep with loud music please stay another place. However, as I'm able to stay with noise. This hostel is fun.

A lot of party every night and noisy, so, don´t forget your earphones just in case you want to rest early

Really great hostel in the centre of town and close to the beach. Staff were really friendly and happy to help.

• 27th Mar 2015

Fun party hostel - everyone goes up to the roof and the hostel staff brings people out after they close the rooftop bar and help get people wristbands, etc. Could use a few more washrooms and more space to chill during the daytime (but you'd be sleeping or at the beach anyway). It's pretty loud at night if you're looking to get a good night's sleep in.

Definitely a party hostel. but also nice location close to the beach and avenue 5. Don't come expecting to sleep

The hostel was fun although it doesn't have enough bathrooms/showers. There isn't a place to relax and sit on a couch to have a talk, it has a very nice and fun terrace with a bar but it wasn't a good place to spend some moment relaxed as it was always with loud music (good music though!!).

This place rocks for meeting cool people and its in a great location! Great spring break spot.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Third time on Playa del Carmen and first in Río Playa. Great experience! Very nice breakfast, Juan from the staff was really nice, he shared we us the best tips to hang around. About security, we don't even needed to use the locker! I would recommend it!

I stayed in a 6-bed mixed dorm. Pros: 1. Location(beach, clubs, food) 2. Inviting atmosphere (esp. pool area) 3. Breakfast: Variety of fresh fruits, pasties, cereal, and more. The best included hostel breakfast I have had. 4. Clean facilities...Cleaners and staff go above & beyond . I'd suggest a monetary tip. 5. The pool area...it is a great spot for conversation, drinks, and the sun. Cons: 1. Internet: I wish I could connect in my room I highly recommend Hostel Rio Playa

Good Party place

The staff was amazing. Everyone was a delight!

« first « Prev 1 2 3