Hostel Rio Playa Reviews

Calle 8 Entre 5 y ave 10, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Great place to stay if ya wanna party! If ya want a quite night the staff are awesome n just ask for a room in the back if the hostel upstairs. Only place to stay in playa.

This place is GREAT! I had such a fantastic time I kept renewing my room for several days and then ended up back here on my way north towards the airport. The atmosphere is fantastic and the friends I made here surely made my trip the amazing time that it was :)

• 23rd Feb 2014

Hostel Rio made my stay in playa del Carmen even more amazing. Such a great vibe to this place and the staff are awesome! Linen included for beds, and washing can be done at a very small cost. Breaky provided and an awesome rooftop bar to spend the nights mingling with others. Good wifi connection. Myself and my two girlfriends will most definitely recommend this place to everyone, and we will be coming back!

• 14th Feb 2014

Great time there! will come back

A great hostel. Heaps of fun when your in the mood to party. Very loud if you are not though!

Good - rooftop terrace with (v.shallow) pool and bar, friendly staff, excellent location. Standard dorm rooms (bad linen and uncomfy pillow) Bad - Stupidly loud. I was booked for 4 nights but had to leave after one. Got NO sleep at all. Music so loud the window was shaking. Only refunded 2 nights despite checking out 4 hours before check-out first day. Stayed in plenty of party hostels and never had to leave but this was til 5am (restaurant below - not hostel's noise) Wouldn't recommend.

Good Party Hostel. Don't expect much sleep - the doof doof from the surrounding area is pretty loud until the early hours in the morning, but it comes with the area. If you are keen to be out partying you are unlikely to notice. Nice pool as well. It would be good if the hostel invested in some new bed sheets - they were just a bit threadbare, however they were clean.

I loved my stay at Rio Hostel Playa! The owner Marcelo is a brazilian guy who was very kind and helped me with everything I needed. The staff is amazing and provides all the information you need. There's a pool to enjoy and make friends before dinner and everything on the hostel is clean. Another good point It's the fact that the hostel is very near from the bus terminal. You can go walking.

great hostel with an awesome rooftop bar that makes it easy to meet people. The location of the hostel is great - one block from the beach and right in the middle of all the action. Staff is very friendly as well.

Good atmosphere in the hostel , especially at the bar during the evenings. Noise is a big issue here though in some of the dorms. The hostel is right above a bar which plays loud music until very late

We booked the hostel for a mexican price and they charged it more expensive. We didn't like that. But we really enjoy our stay in the hostel, people is cool and nice.

The mattress in the private room double is the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever slept on. otherwise excellent experience

• 24th Jan 2014

Amazing people, amazing atmosphere, amazing location! Free drinks for ladies every night 10-11, 24 hour reception- necessary when you go out until 4 every night , or when you get up early to go diving at cosumel or the cenotes! People stay here for months, it's hard to leave!

Well run hostel with the friendliest staff I've ever come across. Good hearty all you can eat breakfast and bar on the roof. Rooms are not bad with decent enough mattresses and clean bathrooms. Word of warning, there is a karaoke bar downstairs that doesn't finish till 4 each night, so unless you drink enough to pass out, you're going to struggle to get to sleep before then. Special thanks to Andrea, who was super friendly and helpful, even giving me a hug when I arrived.

El desayuno que es incluido es un asco, las que lo preparan son groseras y la higiene da mucho que desear. El bar del hostel cierra temprano y los dos bares que están abajo del hostel son de mala muerte y no se puede dormir bien. Pretty bad option If you are looking something clean and safe, not bad location but there are betters. Very bad staff and the kitchen so dirty. For the price are better places, I am so sad. I changed for a hotel more cheap and so much better.

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed here for a total of 5 nights. The hostel is well located central to the beach and party zone. The roof top bar is great and the staff (especially Sergio) amazing. There are a couple of downsides however. The hostel is located next to and above other bars that stay open until 5am, the one downstairs blasts Karaoke until 5 in the morning even if the bar is empty, so if you plan on sleeping and getting up early to sight see perhaps try earplugs or somewhere different.

Great place in Playa del Carmen. There is a party atmosphere going on but the place is quiet enough if you want to go to sleep early. I would definately recommend this hostel.

its a really great hostel, always good vibes and the stuff are really amazing ,

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

It was early January when I stayed and the BPM festical was on so the room was really expensive for a 6 bed dorm (female only). The room was only OK. The bathroom was horrible I was there for 2 nights and aside from clearing the bin the bathroom was never cleaned. It also really niosy but if you arent planning on coming home til 4 thats no problem! The staff were really friendly though and it is right in the centre. Best thing about it is happy hour (free drinks for girls) on the rooftop bar.

very central location,great rooftop bar that makes it really easy to meet fellow travellers plus the girls have free drinks every night from 22-23pm :) tha staff is outstanding and makes you feel like home,breakfast(even i couldnt make it that often was good) and i would definitely recommend it overall.. had a very pleasant 10day stay..muchas gracias marcello,anna,giselle,beatrice and sergio!!!

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels