Hostel Rio Playa Reviews

Calle 8 Entre 5 y ave 10, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

The hostel was fun although it doesn't have enough bathrooms/showers. There isn't a place to relax and sit on a couch to have a talk, it has a very nice and fun terrace with a bar but it wasn't a good place to spend some moment relaxed as it was always with loud music (good music though!!).

This place rocks for meeting cool people and its in a great location! Great spring break spot.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Third time on Playa del Carmen and first in Río Playa. Great experience! Very nice breakfast, Juan from the staff was really nice, he shared we us the best tips to hang around. About security, we don't even needed to use the locker! I would recommend it!

I stayed in a 6-bed mixed dorm. Pros: 1. Location(beach, clubs, food) 2. Inviting atmosphere (esp. pool area) 3. Breakfast: Variety of fresh fruits, pasties, cereal, and more. The best included hostel breakfast I have had. 4. Clean facilities...Cleaners and staff go above & beyond . I'd suggest a monetary tip. 5. The pool area...it is a great spot for conversation, drinks, and the sun. Cons: 1. Internet: I wish I could connect in my room I highly recommend Hostel Rio Playa

Good Party place

The staff was amazing. Everyone was a delight!

AMAZING hostel! Great rooms, good showers, free breakfast! Great location, just around the corner from Main Street. Pool was great, and an hour of free drinks for ladies every night!

Hostel Rio Playa was all we hoped for & more! Felt more like family & friends - Andrea warmly hugged us when we left and recommended a fantastic seafood restaurant. Jesse (sp?) was so happy to be of service-I can tell he sincerely enjoys his job! The bartenders were great & also obviously having fun (but providing excellent service @ the same time) & even took a bunch of us out to a party we wouldn't have known about otherwise. Clean, fun, quiet enough to sleep (tho who needs it); just PERFECT!

The girls from the staff are really kind and help a lot with all type of information from playa and other places from Mexico. I really recommended to stay hier

I had an amazing time staying at Rio Playa; get atmosphere, get location (close to the beach) and last but certainly not least, the staff were very welcoming and made sure everyone was enjoying their stay. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Playa del Carmen who is looking to meet amazing people and be in a great location that is in close proximity to all necessities; however, if you are looking for a quiet vacation with no loud music, perhaps look elsewhere :P

• 19th Feb 2015

Hostel Rio is so much fun! Really close to the action (this means it is very loud if you are ever trying to sleep!) but excellent if you are after a good atmosphere and the staff really make the place extra special. The worst thing is the ladders to get to the top bunk, they seriously hurt! But I highly recommend this place to any young travellers!

great hostel. staff are excellent. A bit annoying.having.so little bathrooms. the rooms.on the roof are very noisy from the pubs nearby so bring earplugs.

Great location, staff was great. Music from below wasn't as loud as people say in other reviews. La familia restaurant right down the road is must.

• 29th Jan 2015

Good hostel, good breakfast and nice staff. Negative: No wifi in the rooms (at least in my room), very loud until late and soo many bar stools, but only 1 couch to sit down comfortable and work on the computer for example.

ANABELLE IS AMAZING!!!

The hostel is located in the best possible area in Playa del Carmen and the staff is so helpful. I think they need to improve the rooms facilities, like beds and specially sheets, they were terrible! At least to give you the opportunity to rent a new ones. Also, If you want to sleep quitley this is not the hostel. The girls happy hour was so fantastic, thanks!

If you're looking for a good location and party near the beach in Playa del Carmen, you'll not find something else better that Rio Playa... The staff are very nice and you only have to walk 2 block to go to the beach... There's a lot of bars and restaurants near the hostel, there are lockers on the shared rooms, but you need to bring your own lock. Thank you guys!! My stay in Hostel Rio Playa was really awesome! Danke Schön! Gracias! Merci!

Awesome hostel to stay at during BPM Festival, great party atmosphere, though stay away if you don't like Australians ;-) I'd say it was 95% Aussies staying there the whole time haha! Nice rooftop bar with free ladies drinks from 10 - 11 each night. Never saw anyone in the ppol though? And it's noisy at night, but you're not there to sleep! Staff are great, Andrea is very friendly and welcoming! See you next year for another BPM! :-)

Such a great place during the party season and the staff were so helpful and welcoming. They also helped out with some troubles we had with our flights!! Genuine, beautiful people!!

• 8th Jan 2015