Hostel River Reviews

Cernicka 12, Plzen, Czech Republic

It hasn't been the best stay for me at hostel river. The stuff wasn't really friendly and during the night it was super loud. People were partyind in the neighbour room.

There was not much of a hostel atmosphere at the place - that was the only drawback, though. Staff was friendly and had some helpful tips. Facilities were basic but clean. The area of the hostel may look a bit run down, but it was queit and I felt safe there. There's a former bus/tram depot transformed into a modern art exhibition space (as part of the European Capital of Culture 2015) just down the street, which I would recommend visting.

There were not many options for accommodation in my pricerange available and for the price (low) the quality of hostel was appropriate (low). The rooms and facilieties were not unclean per say, but the whole building seemed worn and showing a lot of makeshift repairs. Would not recomend for anyone who can afford better.

At the Hostel River you get what you pay for. Unlike many of the other reviews I've read about this hostel, I had no issues with the staff being absent. In fact - Pavel was very accommodating and ready to help with any questions I had about the city. The only problem I had was the lack of hot water in the shower. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here!

As can be seen in earlier reviews, check-in was a problem. When I arrived at 5:30 pm there was a note on the door that the owner would be back at 7, only after asking the pizza place next door he showed up at 7:30 - I've hardly seen him during my stay here. The facilities are ok, but the price is somewhat on the high side compared to other cities in the Czech Republic. The location is excellent though and I also got a bed in the 4-bed dorm despite booking a place in the 8-bed dorm :)

So you've read previous reviews about the check in. Well its OK, you ask next door and 5 mins later the staff are there - so its fine. My ississue was with the bathroom - it needs some renovation and more hot water!