Hostel Rosemary Reviews

Ruzova 5/971, Prague, Czech Republic

This place is close to the trainstation (5 min walk) and easy to find if you follow the directions of this website. The Old Town is a short walk from here, approx 10 minutes. It's a nice walk though! The staff was friendly and helpful, so thumbs up for them! The place was clean and offerd all I needed. Only thing that I din't like was the noise from the common room, which was near my room. I was too tired to get out of bed ask if they could turn down the volume though.

Even though we wrote an email in advance that we would arrive earlier no one was there to open up. Furthermore we had to wait another six hours until pur rooms were ready. None of which was mentioned on the website. The hostel was quite dirty and we didn't feel comfortable using the kitchen utilities. The staff wasn't too friendly either. Laundry is done for 10 Euros however one of my shirts turned out with a blue stain on the back. The location and safety are good and the room large enough.

Very strange hostel. Kitchen inside the bedroom Toilet paper horrible The room very warm The location is good

Bit annoying that through hostel world you can choose a time of arrival that isn't communicated with the hostel. We specified we wanted to arrive early, at 7am, but when we got there they wouldn't let us in for another hour even though we had a confirmation email saying 7am. If you want to arrive early, double check by emailing them! Nice staff, great room, great value. Right next to the station.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

One staff can't speak English very well so find it difficult to understand what he said unlike the woman she speaks well and clear.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Philippines

Communication with reception was too hard. We had some problem, but reception didn't hear my word and just repeat "i don't know". Also, the bathroom was small and the drainage was very bad. I took a shower with dirty water under my foot. From my bed and pillow cover, I could find some dirty smudge and I couldn't use the tower because of same reason. The locker doesn't function as locker. It doesn't have any key or code number on the locker.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Hello, thank youf or your email and we are sorry that you didnt like it here. You have changed your reservation 2 times, from private to dormitory and the receptionist had to wait for next day to sort out the correct price. The showers are fixed now, we are sorry. About the bedding and towels, you should let us know, we could fix it when you where here. We will ask our laundry service to do better. To lock the lockers you can use your own padlock or we can borrow you one at the reception. Thank

This hostel is in a great location right by the train station but also very short walk to the centre. Great cooking facilities, first place we have stayed in with a stove! Also get free tea and coffee and computer use. Great security with lockers in rooms as well. Laundry service was good, but wifi was slow. Only one shower between lots of rooms which is annoying but other than that is very nice.

Lovely to have own apartment for the group. However, there weren't 6 of each item of cutlery in the kitchen, nor were there 6 glasses. The chopping boards were moudly, too. A permanent fixture for the shower would have been ideal, but the shower in place was managanle. Beautiful location and overall a pleasant stay, just difficult to cook with a semi-functioning kitchen!!

We stay in a 4 bed mixed dorm with shared bathroom, there is only 1 bathroom equipped with 2 cube for taking a bath and 1 toilet. These are to share with other 2 room, approx total of 14 bed which is pretty tight. The toilet is clean but the bathroom's cleanliness is just fine. The bedroom is big and comfotable with high clearance on top.

We got in on a late train and the location was perfect. Very close to the main train station. Would definitely stay again.

Wifi in this hostel is spotty at best. It was impossible for me to talk to my mom or friends via whatsapp or viber on the phone because it disconnected EVER TIME. As a lone traveler, wifi is very important to have where I am staying and I ended up having to go to other places to connect. The staff were not friendly, they never smiled or made any conversation. They did recommend a lunch place, but that's pretty much all they did. Didn't show me to my room or explain the facilities or anything.

• 4th Jul 2015

Very close to the clty center (Muzeum Subway Station) would of reccomand it for people who are backpack traveling !!

well located, the staff was ok.. the only problem is that it should be a bit cleaner

HOSTEL untrustworthy liar ! 3 months before I booked a place in a 4 Bed Mixed Dorm.On arrival I was told that the hostel was full and had no seats!They put a extrabed in a 4 Bed Mixed Dorm, where I had no locker (room had only 4 lockers).Rubric "Facilities" is full of lies: no Elevator, Luggage Storage, Mini-Supermarket, Washing Machine, Bicycle Parking and Parking; in a place says "Included Towels", in another "Towels for hire"; "Meeting Room" and "Common Room" is the same room.Shame on you !

Hello, we are sorry that you didnt like it in our hostel this time. This was your 3rd visit in our hostel and your last 2 visits was with no problem (28Nov and 22March). This time we unfortunatelly had to place you in 5 bedded room insted of 4 bedded, and we understand you were angry. We apologiez and you got 40% discount from us on your arrival day. All the things you are writting we have and its not lies, I am sorry, but we think your comment is not correct. Thank you

Very good, strongly recommend, right at center, walk to the main train station, direct bus to the airport

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Vietnam

i came early to leave my stuffs, the male staff working being so rude, he shouted when i can understand his English. He said i can come back at 2pm to check. After i checked in, They haven't clean beds and room. we have to wait at common room for 2 hours. The kitchen and toilets are fine. But when in the morning, i want to have shower, there is no water. i can't take shower or even brush my teeth. very disappointed.

Hello, thank you for your comment. We are very sorry, the night receptionist was here only for 2 days and we realised its not right one for our hostel. He is not working here anymore. We are also sorry your room was not ready at 2pm, we had a group before and they left very late and left the rooms very messy, so it took more time then we expected. Yes, there was a major water accident in the street and they turn the water off for half hour, but its fixed now. We will give you some refund :)

Great place to stay! Close to everything. Staff were amazing and there were all the facilities we could need. Just the wifi was pretty dodgy and didn't work half the time

The building is a little weird and its kind of a dead atmosphere. But it was one of the nicest rooms I've been in, big windows with a great view of the city, a small dinner table and chairs and a fairly well equipped kitchen and fridge (in your room!). WiFi was spotty in the dorm but decent enough in other areas. I had a really nice stay and I recommended it

This is a very quiet hostel and from my short experience not very social. However it was nice to not have bunk beds and to have a kitchen in the room. The reception closed at 7pm so there was no one to ask for advice on the evening but the hostel is right on the edge of the old town so you'll have no trouble in finding things yourself. It was a nice place and needed a little attention to detail, there was a rip in my duvet cover and the bin lid was broken. Small things but it makes a difference

Hello, thank you for your comment. We are here all night, just not sitting at the reception. But in the 1st Floor there is bell Night reception. Feel free to come anytime... We will work on the small things, we promise :)

I spent one night in this hostel when I was travelling through central Europe. It's ridiculously close to the main train station which was awesome. It was also very cheap by my standards, even though Prague is cheap in general. The hostel felt very secure, but it was quite anonymous so nothing special. The floor felt a little dirty so I should have brought flip flops. But I would definitely recommend it for a night or two.