Hostel Rosemary Reviews

Ruzova 5/971, Prague, Czech Republic

I spend very good time in Hostel Rosemary. However, pots and pans are too dirty to cook something. Anything else was good. I could go to station and old town very easily on my foot.

Well-located, very secure, clean, spacey. Linen and towels incuded, good kitchen. There's a common room but I didn't see it used much. The only real downside is one toilet for 14 beds. In essence it's several separate flats where the bedroooms were turned into dorms. Internet a is bit shaky in the rooms but still works. A very good quiet hostel - for sleeping not partying.

Bathrooms only in rooms, no public ones except one by common room. It is hardly ideal when youu have to go to the toilet to go to reception and ask for another when yours is full, as many review responses mention. I didn't like a having a kitchen inside the room, it was loud in the morning. Lots of dust under beds. Very close to old town and quiet neighbourhood.

The room we stayed in was completely open plan ie 4 beds next to the kitchen area and table/living room. There was a decent amount of space but kinda awkward when people were trying to sleep whilst others were cooking at midnight and listening to music through speakers. My bedlinen was dirty and the towel was wet(bfs was fine), the next day I was covered in bites, obviously I can't say for sure it was from the linen but that would be my guess. The hot water ran out most mornings after 2/3 people

Great for me and my partner was we were the only ones in the room, however it is not really like a hostel, more like 5 single beds shoved into one room which is still okay Great location, very close to historical centre!

We were lucky to be in a room with balcony. The roof top is no more accessible so this balcony was precious. We could enjoy the view on a charming place could, listening to the church ringing and nice view !! in the room there was "something" to have hot water so we could take our tisane before sleeping. The street is calm and near all monument. And the person working there were very helpful. Thanks !!!

I stayed in the hostel 3 days in Sept 2015. It was a friendly, clean facility located close to Wenceslas Square & Old Town. The atmosphere was very social and we exchanged information about ourselves and our travelling.

No real hostel experience. Not even a couch to sit on. It was nice not sleeping on bunks for once. Windows open fully so you can get great air! Free coffee and tea. Then working behind the counter was nether helpful or friendly. Only a 10 minute walk from Old Town square, and literally 3 minutes from the train station.

This is not a standard hostel with hostel atmosphere. This is a house with couple of flats transformed to hostel roms. If you book a dorm you will get a key to 1-bedroom flat with a kitchen, shower and toilet. Unfortunately my dorm didn´t have a door between dorm and the kitchen - in fact 1 open space so if you are searching for a place to sleep try to find something else. 1 not respectfull guest talking all night in the kitchen won´t make you sleep at all. Positives- equiped kitchen and towels.

Hello, thank you for your comment. One of our 8 bedded room you have stayed in has kitchen inside the room, the kitchen shouldnt be used after 10pm. There is another common kitchen which can be used anytime and its out of the rooms, we are sorry. We will put notes in there to say it to all guests. thank you Petra

Very close to the train station, which is very good. We don't use public transport, because it's located in the old town.

Very nice open room with lots of space and comfortable atmosphere. Central location, close to main train station and old town. Coming in after reception closed wasn't a problem; somebody came down and unlocked the door for me. Definitely one of the better hostels I've stayed at, and for half the cost!

a good option for a tight budget. Good location. old furniture but clean.

This place is close to the trainstation (5 min walk) and easy to find if you follow the directions of this website. The Old Town is a short walk from here, approx 10 minutes. It's a nice walk though! The staff was friendly and helpful, so thumbs up for them! The place was clean and offerd all I needed. Only thing that I din't like was the noise from the common room, which was near my room. I was too tired to get out of bed ask if they could turn down the volume though.

Even though we wrote an email in advance that we would arrive earlier no one was there to open up. Furthermore we had to wait another six hours until pur rooms were ready. None of which was mentioned on the website. The hostel was quite dirty and we didn't feel comfortable using the kitchen utilities. The staff wasn't too friendly either. Laundry is done for 10 Euros however one of my shirts turned out with a blue stain on the back. The location and safety are good and the room large enough.

Hello, thank you for your comment. We are verry sorry that you werent happy in our hostel. If you come before or after the reception hours 8am to 7pm you have to ring the bell outside the building Hostel Rosemary and then you can reach us and let we you go in. The rooms are ready by 2pm, untill this time you can leave your luggages here. We are working on changes and now we are hiring new cleaning and reception staff. You should let us know about the laundry, we will keep an eyes on it.Thank you

Very strange hostel. Kitchen inside the bedroom Toilet paper horrible The room very warm The location is good

Bit annoying that through hostel world you can choose a time of arrival that isn't communicated with the hostel. We specified we wanted to arrive early, at 7am, but when we got there they wouldn't let us in for another hour even though we had a confirmation email saying 7am. If you want to arrive early, double check by emailing them! Nice staff, great room, great value. Right next to the station.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

One staff can't speak English very well so find it difficult to understand what he said unlike the woman she speaks well and clear.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Philippines

Communication with reception was too hard. We had some problem, but reception didn't hear my word and just repeat "i don't know". Also, the bathroom was small and the drainage was very bad. I took a shower with dirty water under my foot. From my bed and pillow cover, I could find some dirty smudge and I couldn't use the tower because of same reason. The locker doesn't function as locker. It doesn't have any key or code number on the locker.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Hello, thank youf or your email and we are sorry that you didnt like it here. You have changed your reservation 2 times, from private to dormitory and the receptionist had to wait for next day to sort out the correct price. The showers are fixed now, we are sorry. About the bedding and towels, you should let us know, we could fix it when you where here. We will ask our laundry service to do better. To lock the lockers you can use your own padlock or we can borrow you one at the reception. Thank

This hostel is in a great location right by the train station but also very short walk to the centre. Great cooking facilities, first place we have stayed in with a stove! Also get free tea and coffee and computer use. Great security with lockers in rooms as well. Laundry service was good, but wifi was slow. Only one shower between lots of rooms which is annoying but other than that is very nice.

Lovely to have own apartment for the group. However, there weren't 6 of each item of cutlery in the kitchen, nor were there 6 glasses. The chopping boards were moudly, too. A permanent fixture for the shower would have been ideal, but the shower in place was managanle. Beautiful location and overall a pleasant stay, just difficult to cook with a semi-functioning kitchen!!

Hello, thank you for your comment. We have renewed and refill the kitchen facilities in all rooms, so now it should be ok. Also we are now fixing the shower handels and other things in all bathrooms in all rooms. We are working on changes every day. Kind regards Petra