Directions to Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna
Map & Directions
How to get here from WESTBAHNHOF (train station):
From the TRAIN PLATFORM: Go down the escalator and follow the signs to Mariahilferstrasse. Exit station and walk straight ahead – the first street you come to is Mariahilferstrasse…
From the METRO (U3/U6): Take the escalator, following signs to Mariahilferstrasse. Take the exit marked Aüßere Mariahilferstrasse (to your right) – Mariahilferstrasse is the street to your left…
From the AIRPORT BUS: Enter the train station and follow the signs towards Mariahilferstrasse. Exit station and walk straight ahead – the first street you come to is Mariahilferstrasse…
…then turn RIGHT onto Mariahilferstrasse and walk a few minutes. Take your second left onto Haidmannsgasse (there is a repa copyshop on the corner). Take the first RIGHT – you made it! We are at Robert-Hamerlinggasse 24.
How to get to WESTBAHNHOF from:
• Airport (45 min): Airport Bus Line 7 to Westbahnhof. There’s a bus leaving every 30 min (xx:05; xx:35).
• Hauptbahnhof (15 min): Take metro line U1 (direction Leopoldau) to Stephansplatz (big church symbol), then take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• City center / Stephansplatz (7 min): Take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• Meidling (5 min): Take metro line U6 (direction Floridsdorf) to Westbahnhof
• Olympiaplatz / Stadion (Studentagency bus stop) (25 min): Take metro line U2 (direction Karlsplatz) to Volkstheater, then take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• Franz-Josef-Kai Nr. 27 / Schwedenplatz (Orangeways bus stop) (10 min): Take metro line U1 (direction Reumannplatz) to Stephansplatz, then take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• Erdberg (Eurolines bus station) (25 min): Take metro line U3 (direction Ottakring) to Westbahnhof
• Franz Josef’s Bahnhof (20 min): Take tram 5 or metro line U6 (direction Alterlaa or Siebenhirten) to Westbahnhof
• Ottakring Park&Ride (8 min): Take metro line U3 (direction Simmering) to Westbahnhof
All of central Vienna is a short term parking area, even where there is no sign! In order to park during business hours (Monday through Friday, 9am – 7pm), you will need a prepaid parking voucher (up to 2 hours only, available at reception). There is usually plenty of street parking available in front of our hostel. Unfortunately we cannot offer full day parking during the week. Parking is free on weekends, holidays, and in the evenings (7pm – 9am). Motorbikes park for free anytime.
If you arrive during the week, we suggest you use one of these parking lots. The cheapest all-day and overnight option is Park&Ride, all of which are located close to a metro station – Ottakring Park&Ride, for example, is just a 10 minute metro ride from Westbahnhof.
FREE 15 minute parking vouchers for unloading the car are available at the reception.