Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

One of the best hostels I ever stayed, highly recommended!

• 26th Oct 2014

We spent a good time at the Ruthensteiner. It was very quiet at night and the staff was helpful.

• 24th Oct 2014

I used the 4 nights for the price of 3 deal on HW and absolutely loved my stay in Vienna. The hostel is located perfectly at Westbahnhof which is an easy access to everywhere and also just a 15 minute walk to Schonbrunn Palace. Rooms and common areas were really clean and it also has a chilled out bar. Staff were super helpful and at reception they leave directions to all the major tourist points to make life easy. Reception is also 24 hours so security is a plus. Would definitely stay again!

The atmosphere of the hostel was great. They provided free lockers so we didn't need to worry about our luggages when we arrived before the check-in time. We stayed in a four-person dorm and the room was cute. The hostel provided hair dryers but you had to ask at the reception. What really suprised my friends and I was that the wifi of the hostel worked very well and perhaps it was the best among all the hostels I have ever stayed.

I had a lovely time at the Ruthensteiner Hostel! Very clean, excellent service, and a nice and relaxed environment. Would definitely recommend it.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Great place to stay, great location and great staff. All-around A+ hostel!

We were return guest, this is ous third times. So we got an up grade from normal room for four people to be private garden view apartment. Good facilities and piano are provided only for us. Excellent!!!!!

a. Check-out time is too early at 10 AM b. Location is not as close as one can imagine, 10-15 min walk from westbahnof c. Should have given the password for wifi when checking-in itself, had to go back and ask for it d. One of the two persons at the front desk didn't even smile at us when we greeted her. This place is suited for very young crowds, not for married couples like us. But then, that day almost all hotels in vienna were booked and this is the only place we found to stay.

We're so sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your stay! It sounds like you were at reception at quite a busy time - we usually do give out the wireless password at check-in, for example, and making guests feel at home is ALWAYS a top-priority - we apologize if we missed anything in the rush! Come back, we would love a second chance to give you a proper welcome. And please do to ask us for better directions next time - the WESTBAHNHOF is only a 5 MINUTE WALK away :). Happy travelling!!!

We stayed in a 8-room hostel with Ruthensteiner. The overall condition of the rooms were fine, although we found it slightly cramp for 8 beds and the mattresses were a bit thin. This was made up for by the friendly and helpful staff. Location-wise, the hostel is a 15 min walk from Stephansplatz and Schoenbrunn Palace Park. You would need to take a subway to either locations from the Westbahnoff if you are one for walking.

Very easy to reach from West Station. Check in was very smooth, and the room was well furnished and clean and so was the bathroom. The great things about the hostel are the staff and the atmosphere. The staff is very welcoming and helpful, it is very clear they run this place for the fun of hosting travellers and making sure they enjoy their stay in Vienna, and not just for the money. This creates a very friendly atmosphere even within travellers. The music instruments are also great.

THANKS for your review - we do love hosteling, and it's so nice to hear that it shows! We hope to see you here again one day - until then, happy travelling!!!

Lovely place to stay with excellent staff, welcoming and helpful! The 24 hour availability was great and the atmosphere was open, festive and energetic in the common areas but quiet in the rooms!

It is a very cozy an nice place with kind people and pleasant atmosphere :) Everything was clean and looked good.,and i especially liked they way they treat their guests - very friendly and helpful. Especially i liked the way they care about the using of electricity and water! They do it very well so the nature will be thankful!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Russia

This hostel is the right place to stay in Vienna. Very good facilities (garden, music instruments, computers and more) and helpful staff. Will stay there again for sure, during next visit to the city.

NIce and cosy :)

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

I just stayed 1 day in a 10 bed dorm room. It was very good and cheap!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

This is a great hostel to stay at. At stayed both at the ladies' dorm and the second time I had a room for myself. The room is clean and comfortable, the atmosphere at the hostel is good, the staff is helpful and the location is excellent, just a few minutes walk from the train station. I highly recommend!

Thank you, Avid Traveller! We'll look forward to your next visit!!!

really enjoyed my stay here, it's a little further out from the centre to other hostels, but worth the investment. I'd definitely stay here again.

i had a great time here. the place was clean and the staff was excellent, especially Steve at the desk, he was always friendly and very helpful!

Great hostel. I had a blast. Nice atmosphere and very friendly. I would definitely stay here if I came back to Vienna.

Can be noisy at night (but that's the fault of the guests rather than the fault of the hostel).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7