Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

It was the best hostel i've ever stayed in my entire life. The room was perfect, the staff is adorable, the location is excellent and their garden .... Couldnt be more beautiful covered with snow! I'll definitely spend some time there again!

:)!!!! THANK YOU, this review really made our day! Do come visit us again, maybe in the spring or summer - the snow is charming for sure, but you should see our garden covered with flowers! We'll look forward to your next visit - in the meantime, happy travelling! And greetz from the adorable staff :).

Probably my favourite hostel yet on my trip. Was very easy to meet a lot of cool people here and the staff were lovely. The location could be a little closer to the centre... but it is still walkable within about half an hour.

Thank you, we love words like 'favorite' :)! About our LOCATION - there are no hostels in Vienna's historic center (the property values are just too high for that) - however, that 20 minute walk into the center leads you right down the Mariahilferstrasse, a beloved Viennese shopping avenue and mostly-car-free urban paradise - another part of Vienna that's not to be missed, practically at our doorstep. Plus the subway is just around the corner. Thanks again, and do come back soon!

Awesome Hostel! They have thought of everything a traveller could need, the second you think you need to ask for something, it is already there. Clean and comfortable. Location was close to main train station, 8 minute walk max, NOT 20min like others have said. In-house bar provided great atmosphere to hang out and meet fellow travellers, and we would all head out together afterwards.

Thank YOU for your awesome review! To clarify: We're located just around the corner from the Westbahnhof, or Western Train Station, which is a major train and public transport hub and the arrival point for the airport bus - the Hauptbahnhof, another major Viennese train station, is a 15 minute tram ride from Westbahnhof. Come back again, our bar is always here, the perfect place to meet fellow explorers of the night :)! Until then, happy travelling!

Nice staff, clean rooms and great fun.

Had a bunk bed in a six people dorm and we had a nice bathroom that was pretty new and seemed modern.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

This is the first hostel I have stayed in that had a piano, and it was in tune. These perople are excellent. I had tried to stay at Wombats but it was booked and I was glad. This is on a quiet street minutes from the Westbanhotof. Lisa and Branca and both gentlemen who worked the desk were just wonderful. Cannot say enough good things about them.

Thank you so much for your Review and for staying with us - we DO LOVE people who play the Piano and keep it well in tune always. We hope to see you soon again in Vienna and all the best for your travels!

The most warm and great atmosphere from Vienna. The perfect hostel to those that are travelling in groups or even alone. The greatest bar and people.

What can we say - this response & feeling is what we are doing it for - Thank you! We wish you all the best!

Overall it was nice and met everything a regular traveller would require. The staff were very helpful and the atmosphere is sociable. Only thing would be that wifi kept cutting off in our room on the third floor. Clean and well maintained facilities.

Hey! Thank you for your comments! All these smart phones, smart watches, smart back packs, smart pianos, they all need WiFi! So, at the moment we are adding 5 more Access Points (also see our post on fb regarding that :) so this wont happen again. So we hope to welcome you back here and this time with all the WiFi you can take :)

I would highly reccomend to my friends.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Bulgaria

This is a very good hostel with very helpful staff. I feel very homecoming during my stay. They even have free apple tea! It's the little details that make the difference and I hope other hostels take note of it.

Yeah, there's nothing like a warm cup of apple tea on a cold day! THANK YOU for this lovely review, making folks feel at home is what makes our job worthwhile :).

This hostel as one of the greatest common area. The have a few music instruments you can use for free and a small bar. Also, the printed the direction from the hostel to every place of interest and it's pretty accurate. The breakfast was pretty good and cheap.

Such an amazing, organized, tidy up, valuable for money and well done hostel =)

The hostel was really confortable and everything was so clean. The staff was really friendly and very informative. Breakfast was not included but it was cheap and you have options to choose from.

The staff were amazing! I was so so sick and they were all so caring and helpful! Great atmosphere with people playing instruments and always a full bar! Overall awesome!

I was greeted by kind and enthusiastic staff member, who I'm sad to say i cant call the name of, but he was so informative! Recommended some great things to do including the standing seats at the opera which i highly recommend doing! The hostel had great facilities, felt safe, great places to socialise and also get a good nights sleep if you need. Great wifi, good kitchen. I would definitely stay here again

Had a private room and the noise is horrendous. Whenever anyone goes to the toilet or bathroom outside, the closing of the doors (even when not slammed) is unexpectedly high. Was woken up at 0530 in the morning by people getting up to leave. A result of poor sound insulation and doors that make an inordinate amount of noise. Besides that the staff were really friendly and the place was very clean.

There are no plugs near some beds, and for me that was really a problem as I normally charge my phone during night. Price could be a bit lower.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review us! We do realize how important plugs near the beds are, and our goal is at least two plugs easily accessible to every bed - we're working our way through the house, but we haven't managed to update every dorm yet. Our apologies for any inconvenience! We do offer free safety deposit boxes in reception, complete with internal power outlets for charging cell phones and the like, as a convenient alternative. Thank you, and all the best!

Building,staff all perfect* Thank you very much!! Definitely I will stay again if I have chance to come to Vienna in the future.

Thank YOU for this lovely review! We'll hope to see you here again one day - until then, happy travelling!!!

A bit far from the old town, but the transport system gets you there in 10 minutes. Merge staff is great and the hostel has all the facilities you can imagine.

Very friendly staff. Great bar including instruments which makes it really easy to meet people. Pretty basic rooms but nothing to complain about. Not close to Old Town but close to the train station.

Hi there, thanks so much for your review! In defense of our LOCATION - there are no hostels in Vienna's first district, ie 'Old Town' (the property values are too high for that). We are however as you say around the corner from a major train and metro station, and the First District and the palace Schönnbrunn (both World Heritage sites) are just a short metro ride or pleasant stroll away :). Thanks again, and happy travelling!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7