Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

a. Check-out time is too early at 10 AM b. Location is not as close as one can imagine, 10-15 min walk from westbahnof c. Should have given the password for wifi when checking-in itself, had to go back and ask for it d. One of the two persons at the front desk didn't even smile at us when we greeted her. This place is suited for very young crowds, not for married couples like us. But then, that day almost all hotels in vienna were booked and this is the only place we found to stay.

Very easy to reach from West Station. Check in was very smooth, and the room was well furnished and clean and so was the bathroom. The great things about the hostel are the staff and the atmosphere. The staff is very welcoming and helpful, it is very clear they run this place for the fun of hosting travellers and making sure they enjoy their stay in Vienna, and not just for the money. This creates a very friendly atmosphere even within travellers. The music instruments are also great.

Lovely place to stay with excellent staff, welcoming and helpful! The 24 hour availability was great and the atmosphere was open, festive and energetic in the common areas but quiet in the rooms!

• 18th Oct 2014

It is a very cozy an nice place with kind people and pleasant atmosphere :) Everything was clean and looked good.,and i especially liked they way they treat their guests - very friendly and helpful. Especially i liked the way they care about the using of electricity and water! They do it very well so the nature will be thankful!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Russia

This hostel is the right place to stay in Vienna. Very good facilities (garden, music instruments, computers and more) and helpful staff. Will stay there again for sure, during next visit to the city.

I just stayed 1 day in a 10 bed dorm room. It was very good and cheap!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

This is a great hostel to stay at. At stayed both at the ladies' dorm and the second time I had a room for myself. The room is clean and comfortable, the atmosphere at the hostel is good, the staff is helpful and the location is excellent, just a few minutes walk from the train station. I highly recommend!

Thank you, Avid Traveller! We'll look forward to your next visit!!!

really enjoyed my stay here, it's a little further out from the centre to other hostels, but worth the investment. I'd definitely stay here again.

i had a great time here. the place was clean and the staff was excellent, especially Steve at the desk, he was always friendly and very helpful!

Great hostel. I had a blast. Nice atmosphere and very friendly. I would definitely stay here if I came back to Vienna.

Can be noisy at night (but that's the fault of the guests rather than the fault of the hostel).

Rooms are a bit small but other than that everything was perfect. Really coo, social atmosphere.

I was most impressed by the cleanliness of this hostel. The staff was very friendly and common areas such and the kitchen and garden were impressive as well.

• 8th Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I have stayed it. The staff were all very lovely, they knew alot about the city - tones of information on what to do and where to go. great bike rentals to get around the city with. Close to the main train station, so getting in late at night was an easy walk to the hostel. Can't say enough about how great this place was. Great place common space as well. Definitely stay here if you are in Vienna !

Had a great time here both inside and outside the hostel, the excellent transport more than makes up for the hostel being slightly out the center of town.

The hostel has 2 buildings that i didn't know about so my room was across the street from the reception and main area. I thought the bathroom and shower was gross. The people in my room were cool but we had two men easily over 45+ and they were creepy. Also really dumb the beds were numbered and you had to be in the same bed. I had no idea so i had to switch keys with the guy in the bed i was supposed to be in. Would not recommend stay at the wombat.

We're so sorry that you weren't happy with your stay! Our key system is standard for hostels - we assign bed #s so that we know which beds are vacant and need to be cleaned each day. We also clean all our bathrooms thoroughly at least once a day - of course it does occasionally happen that things get out of hand between cleanings - our apologies for any mess! As for 'creeps' - most of our guests are lovely - but maybe the women's dorm would be a better fit for you? Thanks, and happy travelling!

On our month long filming trip through seven countries, the Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna was a notable experience. We had ten cast and crew members who enjoyed the many amenities offered, from the kitchen to the laundry to the common areas of relaxation both inside and out. It was so much fun to hang out at the lounge at night after a long day's work, and to enjoy exchanging conversations from so many different people of varied cultures. A very homey and comfortable time.

Was very clean, good lockers in the room, comfy beds and clean sheets. Great facilities with fully equipped kitchen, laundry service and computers. Was nice chilled atmosphere

Would recommend staying here. The hostel was clean, safe, and near the main train station. My friends and I stayed in a private bedroom with no ensuite bathroom, but we had no issues with the shared facilities. Everything was kept clean.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

The staff is so cordial and friendly. They are truly willing to help you with anything and give great advice. The location is perfect, just far enough away from the noisy streets for peaceful sleep but close enough to be in the hustle and bustle. I found this hostel to be very very clean! I did not feel grossed out at all. Very good value for what it's worth. Overall, the staff really makes your stay and they were AMAZING!

THANKS - reviews like this make our day!!! Come back and visit us again sometime!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7