Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

An outstanding hostel! Rooms are massively big. The atmosphere is perfect with the bar and all the musical spirit. The location is really good, near to the metro station, super easy to reach and close to the center and the palace. The staff is amazing and it seems that Victor speaks every single language. The hostel has an incredible low price for all what you get.

Absolutely loved our stay! Both the hostel and Vienna were fantastic.

Very welcoming and helpful staff and the common spaces were nice as well! A bit of a walk (45 min) from the historic centre but not difficult direction wise, and you can also take the metro easily. The front desk did a great job of answering any questions and giving recommendations for things to do. Aside from a bit of a squeaky bunk bed everything was great. I would definitely stay again!

The staff was very pleasant from the beginning. City info is readily available. WiFI is good. You can hangout and drink in the hostel (prices are ok). There's also a garden area in which you can hangout. The only thing that I didn't like was the height of the lower bunk bed (hit my head while getting up). That's also one of the "less deluxe" rooms.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Serbia

This was an excellent hostel! The staff were friendly and helpful and the gardens were lovely!

One of the better hostels I've stayed in. Great atmosphere with the bar, easy to meet and socialize. Not a bad location, you really need to train it in to the Centre. The most friendly abs knowledgeable staff I've ever met, thanks! Wifi was fine, beds comfy, power points at the beds and a good breaky. Locker was okay, just couldn't fit everything, but overall very secure area. Would stay there again.

Hey, thank YOU for the review - we'll look forward to your next visit! Just a quick word about our LOCATION - we're actually just a few minutes walk from the lovely Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna's most popular shopping avenue, newly transformed into a gorgeous mixed-use urban space stretching from the Westbahnhof to the historic center - it's possible you missed this if you jumped right on the subway. Check it out next time, it makes for a very pleasant stroll! Until then, happy travelling!

Love the place & keep returning to it whenever I am in Vienna. Spacious rooms with free lockers, spotlessly clean, sufficient number of showers, a well-equipped guest kitchen and a green inner yard where to sip your morning coffee. I know it may sound like an advertisement, though I have see very few places like Ruthensteiner.

highly recommend. staff are nice. just a little far if you want to go to the city centre.

The staff was really helpful and happy to chat with you at the bar. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything you might need! The beds are comfy and there's a cute garden to hang out in when it's nice out. The only downside i can think of is the shower has one of those push for water set ups that you have to keep re-pressing. Would definitely stay here again!

Thanks a lot! Spring is a great time at our hostel, staff&guests both really love soaking up the sunshine in our private little oasis :). As for the showers - yes, you got us, they are ''eco-friendly''. Timers guarantee that a shower won't be left to run - this happens, especially in dorms, and in the worst case can result in a flooded bathroom! We try to keep our timers set to as long a cycle as makes sense - I apologize for any unpleasantness! Thanks, and do come again!

Really nice place and its incredibly close to the train station so moving around is no problem, yet if you want to save some euros by walking it does take about 15 min to get to the edge of the interesting parts of the city. The only way I think the hostel could improve is by giving a general rundown of good places to eat, visit, etc. The best hostels I've stayed in do this and it improved my experience in the city greatly.

Hi, THANKS for the review ! Thanks also for the 'general rundown' tip. Providing Vienna-info is something we really emphasize around here - we have an attractions-and-events chalkboard that's updated daily, direction-tags for all the major sites, folders of recommendations of our favorite restaurants bars & clubs, plus a well-informed staff who are always happy to help. Unfortunately, when it's very busy, these things can fall by the wayside - next time just ask, we're happy to provide!

one of the best hostels I've ever been. Clean, Cozy, simply Wonderful.

Wow, thank you! Come see us again soon!

Very cool hostel

Everything perfect

:) thank you!

This hostel was lovely. Easy to find from Westbahnhof and a really easy half hour walk up Mariahilferstrasse from the Ringstrasse, 20 minute walk from Schonnbrun Palace. Safe location. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast cheap, plentiful and excellent quality, with nice coffee! Beautiful clean, white bedding and comfortable mattress. Showers good, 1 euro for a towel if needed. Fun, cheap bar in the evening. A perfect base from which to explore the city. Thank you!

You are so very welcome! Come sip coffee with us anytime :).

Great small cosy hostel. Lovely staff. Nice vibe. Small rooms but clean and adequate. Compensated for by nice living areas. Quiet street. Very convenient to westbahnhof station for trains in to city or further afield eg Salzburg. Would stay again.

• 5th Apr 2015

This place is fantastic. Everyone told my brother and I that Vienna was not a party city at all and that it's more of a "laid back town." That's simply not true. Vienna can be as crazy as you want it to be. This hostel is positioned right next to one of the craziest bars I've ever been to in my life. Great location. Great multilingual staff. Playing musical instruments in the lounge? Sold. This place rocks.

THANK YOU for this great review! You are so right, Vienna's bar&club scene far outstrips its reputation - come back and do some more exploring, there's plenty of action to be found in the long dark Viennese night ;). Until then, happy travelling!

Very comfortable hostel with some nice staffs.

This is a clean, bright hostel with lots of thoughtful touches, such as lockers with plugs inside for charging phones. The breakfast was cheap and good. The location is not particularly central but it seems like you need to use public transport for seeing Vienna anyway. The best part is the bar area and common room - comfy and welcoming, and great for meeting other travellers.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

That's exactly what we want to do here - provide a meeting-point where travellers from around the world can come together. Thanks for the review, we'll hope to see you here again one day!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms and bathrooms. It was very close to the train station.

• 4th Apr 2015

Great independent hostel with lot of tips an great thing for you to see an eclectic Vienna!!

:) Thanks!!! Come back soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7