Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

I had a great time at Hostel Ruthensteiner! The people on the staff were so friendly and helpful, and the location was really convenient being so close to Westbahnhof. Breakfast was pretty basic, but really cheap and included Nutella which we all know is priceless. And the free coffee refills definitely kept me going all day walking around in Vienna! Thanks for a great weekend :)!

We had great time at Hostel Ruthensteiner! The staff is amazing, it is not one of these hostels where you are only a customer, they remember you at Ruthensteiner a help you with everything you need. I have been in a few hostels and this is winner!

Very close to train station! Easy to get into town, night life is blah. Beds are creaky as ever. Must use earplugs! You can't sit up AT ALL from bottom bunk. Staff is excellent and helpful and all around lovely.

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to write a review! I am SO SORRY to hear that your nighttime-experience was 'blah' - both before and after bedtime, from what it sounds like ;). Thank you for the feedback - we've already tightened up the joints on your bunk - and next time be sure to ask us for Vienna-After-Dark tips, trust me there's PLENTY to explore! Thanks again, and happy travelling!!!

Very lovely hostel in a good location for transportation to the airport and across the city by metro. Close to lots of good, cheap restaurants. Near to Schonbrunn Palace and the main pedestrian street with lots of shops. There is tea when you check in along with all of the amenities you could need. Feels more like a B&B than a hostel. Will definitely go back if staying in Vienna again.

Very helpful english speaking staff. They had maps and pre-printed transit directions

:) Thanks ! Come again soon!!!

Lovely staff always makes a big difference in a foreign country :) great common area to meet people. I prefer smaller more quaint places but if a big crowd is what your looking for this is it.

Thanks, we do try to make folks feel at home - we're very glad to hear it's making a difference! I have to say I would describe our place as more 'cozy' than big&crowded - but it's true things can get busy on a December weekend. But then that's all the more people to meet, right? :) Thanks again for your review, and do come visit again sometime!

Great people great atmosphere. The hostel is 20 minutes away from the city center by walking. You don't need subway. Great breakfast only forv3,50 euros. Totally recommended

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Greece

THANKS for your recommendation, we really appreciate it! I'd just like to add a little something about that '20 minute walk', which leads you down the lovely Mariahilferstrasse shopping avenue: the 'Mahü' (as it's known to locals) is a beloved Viennese hang-out and mostly-car-free urban paradise - another part of Vienna that's not to be missed! Do come visit us again, and until then, happy travelling!!!

All in all it was very good hostel, it has a nice bar with a good atmosphere where to meet people, the staff was very helpful and friendly, it is not in the city centre but there is public transport just 5min away which takes you to the city in 10min. The only bad thing is that the rooms and bathrooms are very small.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review us, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I am sorry to hear that you found your room too small - Our hostel is primarily oriented towards budget conscious travelers, and while some of our dorms are a bit on the spartan side, we make up for it with all the extras - free WiFi, great common spaces, great staff, and above all the social atmosphere that hostels are known for. We hope to see you again one day - untilt then, happy travelling!

Hostel Ruthensteiner was AMAZING! Everything was sparkling clean, super warm and inviting and comfortable! The staff were super helpful in switching my reservation to a single room (which was perfect), recommending places to grab breakfast, and the fastest way to the airport. The location was great as well. Just wish I would have stayed longer!

THANK YOU !!! Do come back for another visit! Vienna has plenty to offer, and we certainly wouldn't mind having you around for a bit longer ;). All the best, and happy travelling!

This hostel was one of the best parts of my stay in Vienna, the staff were lovely. Very helpful, they even went out of their way to help me find ductape! The rooms were very cute, brightly colored with lots of airy light and wonderful heating- that worked! The common room and kitchen were fun, the musical instruments strung along the wall was a nice touch of extra character! Overall one of the best stays I've had yet, I hope to be back again soon! Thank you Hostel Ruthensteiner!

Hi, this is Courtney, I was part of the Duct-Tape-Project :). I hope your jeans are holding up! THANK YOU for this fanstastic review, we'll look forward to your next visit! All the best until then!

Friendly staff, great atmosphere, excellent facilities, comfortable rooms, reasonably good location and loads of great "extras" like gluhwien etc.

• 28th Nov 2014

:) we're glad you enjoyed the mulled wine - really the perfect thing on a chilly December evening. THANKS for your review, we'll hope to see you around here again sometime!

No problem, really nice hostel, super staff

I travelled a lot, but i have never seen such a freindly and clean dorm. Nice stuff, great location!

:) THANK YOU! We try to keep our dorms friendly, I'm glad to hear it's working ;). All the best, and come again soon!

This place was everything I want out of a hostel! Just what you need in terms of living space, and a great environment to meet other travelers and get out and see Vienna. It was clean, friendly, safe, and affordable.

• 27th Nov 2014

Thank you for this lovely review - come again soon!

I enjoyed my stay at Ruthensteiner very much. Thanks for the warm welcome and for the clean room. I especially liked the warm shower - probably one of the best showers I've ever had in a hostel :o) Way to go!

Thanks, we hope to see you again sometime!

Excellent hostel! The guys do whatever it's possible.. Good luggage storage for free, good kitchen, they even have a bar with happy hour! Tuned guitars was awesome also. Very clean and the garden is really nice, even in the winter. Great value for money.

We love the word 'excellent' :)!!! Thanks for this awesome review, we'll look forward to your next visit...you should come back in the spring, when the gardens go from really nice to fabulous :). Until then, happy travelling!

Great atmosphere, staff, facilities and cleanliness. For the ones who love music is the perfect hostel to play and sing at the bar, making friends and having lots of fun. Rooms are great and quiet at night, so no trouble for travelers who just want a good night for sleep.

Close to the train station and public transit. The kitchen was a bonus... Breakfast is optional for purchase. Im sure the courtyards are beautiful in the summer. A pretty relaxed and homey place. Drink all the tap water you can!

Ha, I love the tap water comment! Yes indeed, Vienna has what's probably the world's best urban tap water, imported via aqueduct from the closest Alpen mountain spring - literally mineral water flowing from the faucet! I'm so happy you noticed :). THANKS for your review, and happy travelling!

Close to train station; 20-30 min walk from 'downtown'. Bathrooms were great. Bar was cool. Wifi worked in the rooms. Overall good stay. Would stay here again.

Hey, thanks for staying with us and taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it, given that travelers want to use their time to explore etc. Hope to see you back at Ruthensteiner's soon again!

Nice facilities, close to the center, train station and Mariahilferstraße, lockers and safety lockers. I did not have enough time to experience the atmosphere, but I will be happy to come back again.

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Thank you , DO come back! We have wonderful homemade Glühwein in the evenings now and the atmosphere could not be better - guests playing the piano and all :) very cozy!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7