Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Overall a very nice hostel, great staff. Street outside my room got a bit noisy at night (people coming back drunk)

Not a single bad word I can say about this hostel! The staff were great and happy to help. Contained all the facilities necessary. Atmosphere was great at night, perfect for meeting fellow travellers. Strongly recommend!

Great Place! It's not in the very center of Vienna, but it's easy to get there using metro or renting a bike from the hostel. Bikes were great. The hostel is quite big, but it doesn't feel crowded at all. Loved the courtyards! Staff was friendly, very helpful and made great recommendations. I would stay there again.

Great hostel, the only thing is check out time at 10 and the cleaning ladies start cleaning the room before that around 9:30 am, so if you stay another night they will wake you up anyway making noise.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review us! We do have a firm no-entering-the-dorms-before-checkout-time policy. However, we also have a new cleaning team member, and it seems that she's extra-special-enthusiastic ;). She apologises for waking you up! Thank you for alerting us to this problem - it's reviews like this that help us keep our hostel the great place that it is. All the best, and happy travelling!

The hostel was fantastic! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Some of our favorite parts were the large chess board in the garden, the free lockers, the breakfast, the piano, the atmosphere, and mostly, the friendly and helpful staff!

THANK YOU! The chess board's alway here if you want to come back for a game :).

Can't say anything bad about this place just truly lovely. Great location just a 20 min walk into the more central area but a 2 minute walk to the subway that gets you everywhere. Extremely clean and the comfiest beds I've had in any hostel.

:) thank you!!!!

Clean and really cute hostel with spacious rooms. The kitchen is well staffed and the location perfect (5min from metro stationn, 10 minutes from big shopping street ). The staff is super friendly and the breakfast good for the amount of money.

Thank you for your review! I did just want to point out that our KITCHEN is in fact staffed by...our guests! We have a fully equipped kitchen for guest use, and we do serve a simple-but-tasty breakfast (as well as drinks all day, and on hot days free lemonade) at reception. Hope to see you here again soon!

Nice, comfortable stay. Good facilities and handy for shops and the metro. Staff v helpful, especially Sonja when I fell unwell! Thank you!

Great atmosphere. There's a nice outdoor area to hang out in, as well as plenty of common room space inside. I met loads of great people at this hostel and had a great time. The beds were comfortable and bathrooms were clean. Pretty much everything you could ask for from a hostel.

Hostel Ruthensteiner was great for my waaaaay to short visit to vienna. Before I arrived the staff were in touch via email and answered my questions about transfer from the coach station and taxis etc. I arrived, checked in, got all my local info and tips from the staff and went for a drink in the bar which has a great atmosphere! everyone was soo happy and lots of space to sit and play games and charge your phone. Loved the communal BBQ & garden too! such a bonus after a long days walking!

• 17th Jul 2015

They were great during the heatwave in terms of supplying fans. Didn't feel very social while I was there. Staff was helpful and friendly. Short metro ride to city center. The shower got pretty filthy in the morning when 10 people were trying to use it. Very accommodating though and would stay again.

Between our bar (open every night), our garden (complete with a BBQ for evening grill parties), and our cozy common room (complete with musical instruments to jam on), I can't think of a better place to meet other travellers. Maybe you were here on an off night - come visit us again soon, you won't be disappointed! Until then, happy travelling!

Excellent hostel, would definitely recommend for anyone travelling. Local bars and restaurants all deal in English and German so going out in the evenings is very easy, and the staff are helpful in pointing out places to eat and drink as well.

• 15th Jul 2015

Lockers in the rooms and safes downstairs at reception with an option to leave you key for the day. Clean bedrooms and bathroom even though they are shared. Simple bedrooms but comfortable and cool. The common area has musical instruments and a book trading corner as well as a bar and board games. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall a very enjoyable stay and I would stay here again (the home made lemonade was also a bonus!). Ask about the Travellers bar if you stay here, it's worth it.

We're glad you liked the lemonade :). Come again soon!

Great location by the train station, easy to get around, nice vibe, cool garden area, fun bar, super hospitable, they even have soju for the Korean guests 🙌. Pro tip: wet your hair to cool you down before sleeping in absurdly hot rooms during the summer heat wave

Best hotel I've stayed at so far. Had lovely garden, clean rooms with good-sized safes and good facilities for toilets etc. Location was good near the Westbahnhof in a nice neighbourhood. Wifi worked very well.

As I started my travels in Vienna, Hostel Ruthensteiner was my benchmark for hostels for the rest of my trip. Great staff, atmosphere and their outdoor garden area provided a great backdrop to many good nights out with new found friends. Close location to all facilities including the Westbahnhof station and in general a great hostel! Thank you hostel Ruthensteiner for providing me with great memories and good sleeps : )

• 14th Jul 2015

Thank YOU for this awesome review! Come see us again sometime :).

Lovely hostel close to the Wien Westbanhof train station. Sweet and helpful staff both in the bar and the reception. Functioning showers and kitchen. A nice walk of aprox 30min to the centre and museum quarter, but an easy walk - straight down the main shopping street. Room was clean and not to small, clean bed linens and a free locker with key. All in all I really enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

Very pleasant and quiet place to stay. Easily within walking distance of the large summer time palace and gardens and a quick metro ride away from the center of town. Staff we're very friendly and helpful with how and where to go in town. Great atmosphere as this feels like a really backpacker hostel and not just a place to sleep.

The atmosphere of the hostel was amazing, it is so lovely, homely, and feels very creative! People were really nice there. They have given it a really nice design and I felt very at home in the communal areas. The garden is beautiful and kitchen great to use. The staff were so friendly, helpful and lovely! They even gave us a map for the next place we were going. I like the blackboard of things going on in Vienna, it was very useful! Our room was lovely and cosy. I would definitely stay again!

This was a really nice hostel, really authentic. Really close to Wien Westbanhof which was really useful, it's a bit out of the city centre but that wasn't a major problem. The breakfast was decent and the bar at night offered reasonable drinks and prices. The 'hidden garden' is gorgeous complete with BBQ and kitchen. Rooms were really spacious and the bathroom was lovely and clean. We stayed in an all female dorm.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7