Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Great place to stay at, though not directly in the city centre. It´s about a twenty minute walk to the city centre but easily accessible by Metro. The communal area and hostel bar is very nice, and manages to close at a reasonable hour so other guests are not kept awake. The hostel is a very pleasant place, a nice terrace, clean bathrooms and bedrooms, and helpful staff. Would stay here again.

Easily the BEST hostel I've stayed at in my two months of travelling!! friendly, clean, well priced, and just a short hop away from the city centre by Virnna's U-bahn. I was only here for a night but I wish I could have extended my stay. I cannot recommend this place enough!!

Incredible hostel. You can't go wrong here folks.

Probably one of the best places I've stayed in, great atmosphere!

Absolutely fantastic hostel. Gardens were beautiful, and the bar friendly and inviting. The staff and other travellers at this hostel made it fantastic. The perfect place to stay if you're coming in and out of Wien westbahnhof.

• 28th Jun 2015

The room was beautiful--decorated by an artist in residence. There were many services and could have stayed here multiple nights.

Really helpful and welcoming staff. Great location not a far walk to any of the main locations, very clean and you get what you pay for.

Really friendly staff, the room and the toilet facilities were clean. cosy place to stay

Great hostel, brilloant social areas for meeting people. Outside area is great for hot days. Everything you could need is available and the centrcentre of town is easily accessible.

The staff was awesome!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Aruba

The hostel was very clean and generally great, although the bathrooms are too small to do anything in. You can borrow just about anything from reception which is great. The location is out of the city but right next to a main station and underground stop so as long as you have a railcard it's fine. There are many supermarkets nearby etc

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to review us! About your bathroom...I admit that a few of our WCs are a bit on the small side...but surely large enough for all the important activities ;). And as for our LOCATION - we're actually quite centrally located, around the corner from a major metro station + just a few minutes walk from the lovely Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna's most popular shopping avenue & car-free urban paradise. So no need to hop on the subway to get in on the Viennese action!

I have stayed in 4 star hotels that were not as clean as Ruthensteiner. The room was spotless when we arrived and the toilet and shower areas were always clean and well stocked. The staff was extremely helpful, I know that they typically house visitors much younger than my sister and I but they made wonderful recommendations for places and ways to sightsee and their restaurant recommendation was so good that we ate there every night. I felt very safe and welcomed. Highly recommend them!

• 21st Jun 2015

WOW, this review really knocked us out of our seats!!! I'm sending it on to Forbes right this minute. Seriously though - thank you so much! Come back and enjoy our hostel anytime!

Super cosy and fun hostel to stay at. The staff were friendly and there was a huge board of suggestions for things to do in the reception area. They also offered free elderflower drinks for tasting at the reception which we enjoyed! They also have a storage space for luggage (€2 deposit) and happy hour with nice cheap beer at the bar area.

We're so happy to hear that you liked the Elderflower Lemonade! Our lemonade is a bit of a twist on the traditional Austrian 'Hollersaft Gespritzt', or Elderflower Soda - very tasty and refreshing, the perfect summertime drink really. If you want to sample another truly Viennese elderflower-beverage, try the HUGO cocktail, it's fantastic! Thanks so much for your review, and happy travelling!!!

Should explain how to get to the center of Vienna upon arrival

Hi there, thanks for your review! We're always happy to give directions - our multilingual staff are available at reception 24hours/day, plus we have plenty of a free city maps, guidebooks for guest use, and we even provide handy 'where-to tags' to take with you, complete with precise directions to all major destinations (including of course the historic center). In short, if you want to get anywhere in Vienna, we're here to help! Thanks again, and happy travelling!

Staff very friendly with great service! Easy to meet people with a nice bar in the hostel

This hostel felt more like a nice hotel. The rooms were very clean and the hostel had a bar, a garden, a huge kitchen, and a piano room. The staff was super friendly and helped us figure out the best way to spend our very limited 48 hours in Vienna. Definitely a chill place to stay and relax, in a great location to get into the city center or to see other nearby attractions.

Unfortunate circumstances (went over on my ankle) meant that I really didn't get to enjoy what Vienna had to offer, but the hostel staff helped me out from the moment I arrived. The staff were amazing. The hostel itself was great, lockers in the room were good. I couldn't really go to the bar but it looked great.

• 18th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review - we hope you're recovering well!

I was travelling for 10 days on this trip, this hostel is the best ;)

Very friendly and helpful staff, enjoyed our stay lots. Couldn't say a bad thing about the hostel.

• 17th Jun 2015