Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Lower bunk was a little too tight, even for smaller people. Overall it was good for the price.

Overall a really nice hostel and great value. Beds each had an outlet (and wifi was everywhere!!), clean, free sheets, really nice atmosphere. The bar area and the common room were comfy and was filled with people, cheap drinks as well. He garden was really cute, if it wasn't cold we definitely would've utilized it. Decent location, but a few stops away from the actual city center. Lockers were free and safe! Towels were €1 though. Would definitely recommend this hostel, and hope to return.

Very very nice hostel!!

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, nice room but a little small.

It was awesome! Staff was super friendly and helpful, good location to downtown, and a great atmosphere. They have computers to use, iPads, instruments for playing, and are willing to help in anyway they can. Definitely the place to stay in Vienna.

• 19th Feb 2015

What an awesome review - THANK YOU! Come visit us again soon!!!

Great hostel in a nice city. Staff were lovely and the facilities are brilliant.

Love this place!!

Thanks!!! So do we :).

I enjoyed my stay at Ruthensteiner and felt immediately at home and at ease. The staff was welcoming, friendly and always willing to answer my questions and recommended wonderful sites to see within the city. The continental breakfast was both affordable/delicious and the rooms were clean and cozy! Ruthensteiner was one of the best-equipped hostels I have ever seen! You could play an instrument, have a drink read a book, cook, do laundry, or play games and even leave your luggage after check-out

It was a little bit tricky to find the hostel at night (I asked the direction to wombat hostel where I found on the main street) Other than that room was clean, very nice staffs. They have all the information for touristy stuff. Had a nice stay :)

Great location, especially if you're arriving/departing through the Westbahnhof! It's actually just around the corner from Wombat's hostel. I found my room really spacious and clean, plus each bed has a light and a plug-in. The kitchen is also nice, clean, and big! I really wish that this hostel promoted more events, like walking tours, pub crawls, etc like other hostels do.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review us, we're really glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here! As for tours etc. - it's low season in Vienna right now, so all the really good tours have shut down until spring. Come back in April and we'll have a nice selection of walking & biking tours, all bookable at reception and with in-house pick up. There's also an excellent pub crawl that meets at a pub right around the corner - next time just ask at reception for nightlife tips and events!

The staff at this hostel was absolutely impeccable. We had to deal with staying an extra night and getting home without flying due to a sick friend and the staff went so far out of the way to help us and save money on the extra traveling. They were welcoming and I will absolutely recommend them to any of my friends planning a trip to Vienna. THANKYOU!

• 13th Feb 2015

Hey! We are always happy to help - it is what makes working at Hostels so rewarding - that we are able to actually help people and make their trip nicer. We hope your friend is feeling well again. Safe travels!

It was very clean and we always felt safe there and that our stuff was safe there. The room was great for its price and the location made travel throughout vienna easy.

• 12th Feb 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review us! See you again in Vienna!

Great atmosphere and really amazing staff. Had a nice private room, with good shower facilities and towels provided. It's very close to the West Bahnhof and has easy access to the old city via tram, underground, or walking down the marvelous Mariahilfestrasse. Recommended!

Thank you for your great review! Hope you will visit us soon again!

Wonderful hostel. The staff were friendly and really helpful. Great communal spaces and kitchen. There's lots of info available about things to do in Vienna and even little pieces of paper to take with you with directions. A all round.

• 12th Feb 2015

Yes, we really try to give our guests lot's of info to explore also the hidden sides of Vienna... make sure to check our Infoboard at reception where we update events & happenings daily!

Excellent atmosphere and very kind stuff

This is one of the best hostels I have been to!! Comfortable and spacious dorms, extremely clean in all areas (I must highlight the cleanliness of the WCs), awesome facilities in the kitchen, bar, common room (plenty of musical instruments!) and laundry, fast and free wifi, really affordable price, and a great location (really easy to get here with public transport, 3 minutes walk from a train station, and you can even do a 30-minutes walk from here to the center of town or Schönbrunn).

Wow, thank you for taking the time to review us. When we write our own texts for our own website we would say exactly the same things. In fact we might just use your exact words :D Haha... Please visit us again!

Very nice hostel with great staff... The rooms are really small, but clean... Thanks ;)

Very friendly staff and rich facilities. I totally recommend this hostel to those who will visit Vienna.

Really clean, great hostel with great staff, excellent security, free secure baggage storage, excellent common room and the tastiest tea on tap also for free. Best hostel I've stayed in so far!

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Very friendly staff, very nice evening atmosphere, location very close to the U-bahn station, strongly recommend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7