9.2
Superb 6,210 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 6,210 Total Reviews
Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Located at Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna.
Austria
Vienna Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna
92% 6210
48.1936852 16.3354897
    Rooms available

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
19th Jul 2016

Lovely hostel with a cute garden. Staff is happy to help you with anything, they're very sweet! You can rent bikes to explore the city more easily. To walk it's a bit far to the city, but still possible! There are a couple of supermarkets nearby. The room was big and light and clean. Loved my stay!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
17th Jul 2016

Great social hostel! Really nice bar with cheap drinks including an area to socialize with others. The rooms were always clean. The staff had a lot of ideas of what to do in Vienna. It was a bit outside of downtown Vienna but not a far walk really. Would stay again

17th Jul 2016

This hostel is by far the best that I have ever stayed in! The staff and very friendly (and attractive), the atmosphere is amazing and the facilities and superb! I must have made at least 25 new friends within my 3 day stay. The beds are cozy and there are many places to relax and have a drink (or two)!

• Israel, Male, 25-30
15th Jul 2016
6.6

The good: The staff are very nice and welcoming and the atmosphere is cool. However, I have to say that I was VERY disappointed from the value for the money I spent - like 73 euros for one night room. Actually its a bit funny to call it a room; it was really a cell, like 2X4 meters. I think this price is not just expensive; it is simply rude to ask it for this room, without breakfast or toilet. Thus, its maybe worth trying the dorms, but I completely do not recommend to go to the private rooms.

Hey, this is Courtney writing to you guys - I checked you in and really enjoyed chatting with you during your stay. I know summer prices are high, and it's true that our budget private rooms are a bit on the spartan side (we are a hostel, after all!). However we do include other services and facilities often times not found in budget hotels nor even in many hostels, like our well-equipped guest kitchen, free computers and WiFi, lovely gardens, musical instruments for guest use, in-house bike rentals, cozy bar (with superb prices and happy hours), and so on. We try our very best to create a home-like, social atmosphere, which is something most hotels can't offer! Next time do think about staying in the dorms, where you'll have even more opportunity to mingle with other travelers and make the most of our awesome atmosphere :). Thank you in any case for taking the time to review us, and happy traveling!

13th Jul 2016

Great hostel, okay beds and facilities, but a wonderful quirky atmosphere!

13th Jul 2016

The place was immaculate, the garden was lovely, the staff were wonderful, and all of the extra touches like the free lemonade and musical instruments were great. Definitely the best hostel I've even stayed in. Also, the location near Westbanhof was convenient to quickly get to the city center.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Jul 2016

Loved it! Super friendly staff, great atmosphere, adorable garden, clean, well-stocked kitchen (though a little small), and lots of helpful hints for getting around!

• alirae12161931
  • USA, Female, 18-24
12th Jul 2016

Great hostel. I came here to "detox" if you will, from Prague. I had a bad experience on my train and was pretty shaken up and arrived later than expected. Juan (I think that's his name- sorry!) was sooooo nice and was checking to make sure that I was ok. So that totally brought the hostel up in my opinion. People can make or break a place and he was so amazing. Would definitely stay here again :)

11th Jul 2016

Location initially seemed a little far out but actually very conveniently located to take the metro for ten mins into the centre. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. MATT on the bar was nice to chat to, especially as I was travelling alone! Reception staff were also excellent. Rooms were nice, good showers also and good secure lockers. As mentioned, they have a bar, which is very cheap and is a great place to meet people.

Hey sbanni, thanks for this amazing review! I loved to hear that you enjoyed your time here - providing solo travelers with a place to put up their feet (and put down that heavy pack!) is one of our biggest goals! After all, it's you guys who make hostelling the awesome social experience that it is. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Matt, and in the meantime, happy traveling!

• England, Couple, 18-24
10th Jul 2016

We really enjoyed our stay here! We would definitely recommend to anyone. It's not located right in the city centre, but it's not too far to walk or you can get the metro easily. The staff were friendly and the facilities were great!

Hey there, thanks so much for this awesome review! A quick note on our LOCATION: we're not only around the corner from a major tram&metro hub - we're also just a few minutes walk from the lovely Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna's most popular shopping avenue. This gorgeous mixed use/pedestrian space (in many ways the heart of 21st century Vienna) will lead you all the way to the historic 'Old Town'. We're also just a 15 minute walk away from the world heritage Palace Schönbrunn. Thanks for staying with us, and happy traveling!