Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Great hostel, clean, good location good location, staff was really nice and helpful.

This hostel provided everything I needed for a great few days in Vienna. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the wifi reliable, and the rooms well set up. I even received a free upgrade which was a nice surprise on arrival. The kitchen/lounge area was handy with there being several supermarkets close by as Vienna can be an expensive city to eat out in. The main train station is only a five minute walk away making the location very convenient. I would definitely stay here again and recommend.

THANK YOU for the lovely review, and for your recommendation. We'll look forward to your next visit!

Everything was really nice and clean. The staff was helpful and nice. The wifi was pretty bad and the locker set up was weird but overall it was a great experience.

Hey there - thanks for this review, and for alerting us to the WIFI problem! Our goal is super-fast wireless internet access everywhere in our house. The router in your hallway was malfunctioning - but because of you're review it's up and running again :). As for the lockers - they strike me as pretty standard as lockers go, but I guess weirdness is in the eye of the beholder ;). Come and see us again sometime - until then, happy travelling!

Would definitely stay again - if only to hear someone take up the offer of an accordion behind the reception to play!

Very nice hostel. Clean rooms, comfy beds and a good bar!

Great place to stay in vienna. Location is good, close to the major shopping street and just a short subway ride away from the city center. We had a nice room in an apartment with a lookout in the inner garden.

Great location and friendly staff.

Nice hostel. Has everything you need. It's just so big. Feels a little empty at times.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review us! I do wonder though if you've got the right hostel. We're not tiny, but 'big'...& 'empty'...? I would tend more towards words like 'cozy', and often 'busy' - our common room & bar are bustling in the evenings, what with spontaneous jam sessions, game-tournaments, and general getting-to-know-each-other hubbub. Come see us again sometime & I promise we'll make you feel at home!

Awesome staff and atmosphere even in winter. Location is a bit away from everything but over all a great place for a solo traveller. Showers could use an update as well.

Thanks so much for this awesome review! As for our LOCATION - there are no hostels in center city Vienna (the property values are too high for that). We are however around the corner from a major train and metro station, and the Old City Center and the palace Schönbrunn (both World Heritage sites) are just a short metro ride or pleasant stroll away. We're also right around the corner from the Mariahilferstrasse shopping avenue, a major Viennese social hub and really an attraction in its own right. Thanks again, and happy travelling!

We only stayed one night but it was a good experience. Not the most lively location, but VERY close to the metro which was great. The staff was so helpful and gave us ample things to do. There are free lockers and computers, a bar, kitchen, laundry center and you can play instruments provided or board games. Thanks for the good time!

Pretty much the perfect hostel. Staff was very friendly with plenty of knowledge about the local goings-on, everything was spotless and comfortable. The decorations are unique and make for a fun atmosphere. I'd stay here again for sure! Directions on local events are a bit vague, but if you use the free wifi, you can't go wrong ;)

Thanks so much - we love phrases like 'perfect' ;). Come back and pick our brains about local events anytime!

One of the best hostels i´ve stayed in. Very clean, nice furniture and facilities. The common room and bar invite for nice socializing and the hostel offers good suggetions for special events happening in Vienna.

Best Hostel I have ever been. The staff here are really nice and were very helpful in suggesting good places and restaurants :D

I will say I thought the showers in the private rooms were ridiculous as they were on a timer and kept turning off before you were finished. Otherwise I really loved my little apartment. I found the staff to be very friendly and quite creative and efficient in the way they helped guests. Some of the policies like taking shoes off and quiet time were a bit petty/finicky. I think its an easy walk from Westbahnoff and easy to get into the city. Decent breakfast, lovely bar staff.

• 18th Jan 2016

Hi, THANK YOU for this review! Those shower-timers (operated by push-button) are intended for dorm room showers, where water shortage can be a real issue - they are however unnecessary in the private rooms, and we exchanged them all for normal handles months ago - it seems your room was overlooked! I've also taken down the finicky 'take off your shoes' sign - it made sense for a few months after we newly renovated the floors, but should have been taken down ages ago. Again, thanks so much for alerting us to these issues! All the best, and happy travelling :)

Nice hostel. There is a very nice social area -easy to meet people!

It's a really cozy place to stay. It has everything to makes you comfortable. Also, is quite close to de train station and to the city center.

Great location and nice interior. Really like the kitchen and common room where i can meet lots of people. The staffs were very friendly too. Thanks

• 14th Jan 2016
  • Indonesia

The bar was nice and decently priced. Bed was comfy and has a light and power outlet at each bed. No complaints except it was a bit far from everything.

Hey there, thanks for your review! We're actually just around the corner from the Mariahilferstrasse shopping district (the heart of Vienna from the perspective of many Viennese), as well as in walking distance from the Schönbrunn Palace, one of Vienna's many must-sees. Vienna's public transportation system is also among the best in the world, and we have a major transport hub just around the corner at Westbahnhof - from there you can be anywhere in central Vienna in minutes :). Thanks again, and happy travelling!

Close to west station, and other public transport, but around 15 minutes to the center by Ubahn. Many supermarket sorrounding it. Convenient place.

Had a wonderful stay. Everything was clean and the staff were friendly and well organized

• 10th Jan 2016