Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Awesome staff and a great place to stay

• 26th Mar 2015

I thought this hostel was absolutely wonderful. The warm welcome I received, the way staff worked hard to handle any query quickly, the friendly atmosphere and the well equipped kitchen made me wish for more than four nights. Even though I'd nearly had enough of the city, I was tempted to extend my stay just so I could hang out with the great people I met there. Free computer use and plug socket lockers in the foyer were bonuses. If you'd had English Breakfast Tea, it would have been perfect!

It was one of the best hostels which i've stayed. Lovely stuff, lovely atmosphere, very good location and so clean . Strongly recommended !

Very close to westbahnhof station so it's very easy to get around the city. This hostel had good cheap drinks during happy hour. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Overall a great stay!

I really liked the hostel. The staff are super nice and ready to help with anything. It was easy to get to know people, as there was a general friendly atmosphere. The rooms are clean, as are bathroom and toilet, I didn't use the kitchen, so have no knowledge there. Great commonroom. Only one problem is the fact that the bunk beds are a little shaky, so if someone moves a lot on the bunk bed below/above, you will feel it quite a bit.

Very helpful staff - lots of fun activities advertised, hostel bar is a good place to start a night out. Bathrooms were mostly very clean. Great location, right near Westbahnof train station. Rooms and hostel in general were very attractive and clean.

This was my favorite hostel on my trip. Met some truly amazing people, and everyone else staying there was so friendly. The facilities were clean and comfortable. Will be back again as soon as I can!

• 21st Mar 2015

alles wunderbar!!very clean, cosy hostel. Great people attending!

• 18th Mar 2015

Perfect hostel. Massive rooms (completely silent at night), clean bathrooms, very friendly staff (seriously, everyone is great), and wifi worked perfectly everywhere. Loved the garden terrace and I think it's a nice layout to the hostel common area. Location is excellent, just by the station and pretty close to several supermarkets & takeaways. Not a party hostel, it's pretty chill with a very cheap bar so great for meeting people!

LOVED staying here. Thank you!!

• 13th Mar 2015

An amazing place with great atmosphere! There's also a kitchen with all the appliances you can think of. The common rooms/bar area is very open and so easy to meet other travelers. There's also a backpackers bar 2mins away where they are packed every night! Highly recommend this place :)

Just spent one night here but will definitely go back. Great hostel. Great bar. Good location. Nice rooms. Thanks guys :)

You're very welcome kimikaze! Thanks for the lovely review - come visit us again sometime :).

A great place to stay at! Would definitely recommend.

Amazing hostel; one if the best we've had throughout our Europe trip! Well done :) Highly recommend!

my second time living here, still excellent. Great breakfast and clean bathroom, even for a 10-person dorm, it's not so crowded probably due to low season. Excellent location too, as we just had to walk 5 mins from Westbahnhof, and the staff is very generous in lending hair-dryers and offering suggestions. Highly recommended.

very nice atmosphere..staff were pleasant

• 6th Mar 2015

bad story

A girl felt threatened by this male guest in one of our mixed dorms. As she described it, he acted rudely/aggressively when she tried to open her suitcase late at night. We offered him a free upgrade to a single room to diffuse the situation, but he took offense and checked out. We’re sorry about any hard feelings, but things like this happen and we can only try to help as best we can. When staying in a dorm make sure to bring your tolerance AND politeness and you will have a great time! :)

Although it was a little far from the city itself (a little over a mile walk) the staff was friendly and accommodating and the value was great!

THANK YOU for this great review! Just a word about that 'mile walk' - the lovely Mariahilferstrasse shopping avenue, a beloved Viennese hang-out newly transformed into a car-free urban paradise, begins at the Western Train Station (just around the corner from our house), and stretches all the way to the Museumsquartier, a stone’s throw away from the Imperial Palace & the very heart of medieval Vienna. In short, the ''walk into the center'' is really a tourist attraction in and of itself :).

I still envision hostels to be concrete bunkers with rows of bunkbeds, nor do I have any expectations about cleanliness or service. This hostel is nothing like that. Great courtyard (especially in the summer), reasonable breakfast, functional bar (with happy hours) to meet people. Good common areas, locker system and very knowledgeable and friendly staff. My experience was excellent, I was staying in a single room FYI. So go ahead stay here when you're in Vienna.

A very quick weekend trip to Vienna! The staff were great and very helpful, love the bar on premises and the courtyard out the back. The rooms were comfortable, including the beds, just thought the rooms could use a good clean, especially the floors. Overall I would stay again and recommend it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7