Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

This hostel is amazing. First impressions I got when I arrived was the cleanliness of the hostel. Everything was neat clean and ready. Not to mention how lovely the staff were, to the extent of upgrading us to a studio room! This unque hostel is an absolute gem!

• 7th Feb 2016

Hostel was great except that while booking we selected to have a hostel with free breakfast but when we arrived at the hostel we found out that we had to pay for the breakfast.

The hostel staff was very nice and friendly. I was just a bit disappointed by the breakfast for 3.50€, which included just some cereals, one roll with butter, jam or nutella, a few fruits to choose from and tea or coffee. The hostel itself was well located between Westbahnhof and Castle Schönbrunn. I also liked the garden view in the hostel.

It's next to 33 kebab shops. Can't go wrong.

Mmmmm, Kebab! It's not Sacher Torte or Wiener Schnitzel - but man is it TASTY. Come back soon enjoy some more of Vienna's lesser-known culinary classic :).

It makes an effort to create a cozy feel. It's inviting to lounge in the social areas which is important to me as a single traveler. Helpful staff.

Great hostel, clean, good location good location, staff was really nice and helpful.

This hostel provided everything I needed for a great few days in Vienna. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the wifi reliable, and the rooms well set up. I even received a free upgrade which was a nice surprise on arrival. The kitchen/lounge area was handy with there being several supermarkets close by as Vienna can be an expensive city to eat out in. The main train station is only a five minute walk away making the location very convenient. I would definitely stay here again and recommend.

THANK YOU for the lovely review, and for your recommendation. We'll look forward to your next visit!

Everything was really nice and clean. The staff was helpful and nice. The wifi was pretty bad and the locker set up was weird but overall it was a great experience.

Hey there - thanks for this review, and for alerting us to the WIFI problem! Our goal is super-fast wireless internet access everywhere in our house. The router in your hallway was malfunctioning - but because of you're review it's up and running again :). As for the lockers - they strike me as pretty standard as lockers go, but I guess weirdness is in the eye of the beholder ;). Come and see us again sometime - until then, happy travelling!

Would definitely stay again - if only to hear someone take up the offer of an accordion behind the reception to play!

Very nice hostel. Clean rooms, comfy beds and a good bar!

Great place to stay in vienna. Location is good, close to the major shopping street and just a short subway ride away from the city center. We had a nice room in an apartment with a lookout in the inner garden.

Great location and friendly staff.

Nice hostel. Has everything you need. It's just so big. Feels a little empty at times.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review us! I do wonder though if you've got the right hostel. We're not tiny, but 'big'...& 'empty'...? I would tend more towards words like 'cozy', and often 'busy' - our common room & bar are bustling in the evenings, what with spontaneous jam sessions, game-tournaments, and general getting-to-know-each-other hubbub. Come see us again sometime & I promise we'll make you feel at home!

Awesome staff and atmosphere even in winter. Location is a bit away from everything but over all a great place for a solo traveller. Showers could use an update as well.

Thanks so much for this awesome review! As for our LOCATION - there are no hostels in center city Vienna (the property values are too high for that). We are however around the corner from a major train and metro station, and the Old City Center and the palace Schönbrunn (both World Heritage sites) are just a short metro ride or pleasant stroll away. We're also right around the corner from the Mariahilferstrasse shopping avenue, a major Viennese social hub and really an attraction in its own right. Thanks again, and happy travelling!

We only stayed one night but it was a good experience. Not the most lively location, but VERY close to the metro which was great. The staff was so helpful and gave us ample things to do. There are free lockers and computers, a bar, kitchen, laundry center and you can play instruments provided or board games. Thanks for the good time!

Pretty much the perfect hostel. Staff was very friendly with plenty of knowledge about the local goings-on, everything was spotless and comfortable. The decorations are unique and make for a fun atmosphere. I'd stay here again for sure! Directions on local events are a bit vague, but if you use the free wifi, you can't go wrong ;)

Thanks so much - we love phrases like 'perfect' ;). Come back and pick our brains about local events anytime!

Your perfect hostel, not only do they provide you with a such a comfy room but they're the most welcoming staff and fully informative! The breakfast is delicious and the the whole atmosphere of the hostel is like home so you'll feel totally comfortable.The rooms are perfect complete with lockers and keys! The transportation is a short walk away which goes to the city center; and the neighborhood itself is very quaint and being so close to the train station it's perfect.

One of the best hostels i´ve stayed in. Very clean, nice furniture and facilities. The common room and bar invite for nice socializing and the hostel offers good suggetions for special events happening in Vienna.

Best Hostel I have ever been. The staff here are really nice and were very helpful in suggesting good places and restaurants :D

Location: 20-30 min from city center by walking, 2-3 stops by underground, very easy. Super clean, bar inside, very helpful staff with things to do in Vienna. I would stay here again without question

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7