Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

The room was beautiful--decorated by an artist in residence. There were many services and could have stayed here multiple nights.

Really friendly staff, the room and the toilet facilities were clean. cosy place to stay

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Norway

The hostel was very clean and generally great, although the bathrooms are too small to do anything in. You can borrow just about anything from reception which is great. The location is out of the city but right next to a main station and underground stop so as long as you have a railcard it's fine. There are many supermarkets nearby etc

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to review us! About your bathroom...I admit that a few of our WCs are a bit on the small side...but surely large enough for all the important activities ;). And as for our LOCATION - we're actually quite centrally located, around the corner from a major metro station + just a few minutes walk from the lovely Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna's most popular shopping avenue & car-free urban paradise. So no need to hop on the subway to get in on the Viennese action!

I have stayed in 4 star hotels that were not as clean as Ruthensteiner. The room was spotless when we arrived and the toilet and shower areas were always clean and well stocked. The staff was extremely helpful, I know that they typically house visitors much younger than my sister and I but they made wonderful recommendations for places and ways to sightsee and their restaurant recommendation was so good that we ate there every night. I felt very safe and welcomed. Highly recommend them!

• 21st Jun 2015

WOW, this review really knocked us out of our seats!!! I'm sending it on to Forbes right this minute. Seriously though - thank you so much! Come back and enjoy our hostel anytime!

Super cosy and fun hostel to stay at. The staff were friendly and there was a huge board of suggestions for things to do in the reception area. They also offered free elderflower drinks for tasting at the reception which we enjoyed! They also have a storage space for luggage (€2 deposit) and happy hour with nice cheap beer at the bar area.

We're so happy to hear that you liked the Elderflower Lemonade! Our lemonade is a bit of a twist on the traditional Austrian 'Hollersaft Gespritzt', or Elderflower Soda - very tasty and refreshing, the perfect summertime drink really. If you want to sample another truly Viennese elderflower-beverage, try the HUGO cocktail, it's fantastic! Thanks so much for your review, and happy travelling!!!

Should explain how to get to the center of Vienna upon arrival

Hi there, thanks for your review! We're always happy to give directions - our multilingual staff are available at reception 24hours/day, plus we have plenty of a free city maps, guidebooks for guest use, and we even provide handy 'where-to tags' to take with you, complete with precise directions to all major destinations (including of course the historic center). In short, if you want to get anywhere in Vienna, we're here to help! Thanks again, and happy travelling!

Unfortunate circumstances (went over on my ankle) meant that I really didn't get to enjoy what Vienna had to offer, but the hostel staff helped me out from the moment I arrived. The staff were amazing. The hostel itself was great, lockers in the room were good. I couldn't really go to the bar but it looked great.

• 18th Jun 2015

I was travelling for 10 days on this trip, this hostel is the best ;)

Very friendly and helpful staff, enjoyed our stay lots. Couldn't say a bad thing about the hostel.

• 17th Jun 2015

Great place to stay!

• 17th Jun 2015

Wifi was the best we have had this trip! Staff were excellent only allowed washing until 11.30 as kitchen closes and washroom yet let us use it up to 1 o clock with no issues! Stayed in the building opposite as they have an extra block of accommodation but the reception, bar and garden seemed to always have people around chatting! Garden games to pass the hours prior to leaving for the next stop were great. Felt safe and easy.

Absolutely beautiful hostel in walking distance from the city center. Great bar, great kitchen and full of open and fun people. Best hostel I have bin to so far.

Wow, thank you, this review really made us smile! Come back and have fun with us anytime :).

Good hostel. Near the main bus station.

Just a quick note - we're around the corner from the Westbahnhof, a major TRAIN station and public transport hub - so no matter where you arrive in Vienna, it's very easy to get to us! (There are interntational bus offices and pick-up points scattered around the city, but we don't have a 'main' bus station.) Thanks so much for your review, and happy travelling!

We have stayed in quite a few hostels around the world. This hostel is without doubt the very best we have ever stayed in. Cannot recommend this hostel highly enough. Really friendly and helpful staff, immaculately clean, frankly it is perfect

Very well run hostel, with clean and tidy rooms. Everything was extremely well organised with information about Vienna all around reception. Staff were nice despite being extremely busy. Well located a short walk from one of the main train stations and only a short metro ride from the main sights.

The place has an awesome vibe to it and everyone seems and is really friendly and helpful.

A nice hostel in Vienna. The courtyards looked nice but it was raining while I was there so I didn't spend any time in them. Very active place with a lot of people coming and going. My only issues with this hostel were the location (as it's a good walk just to get to the metro) and the bunk beds are on the cheap end with no ladder to climb up (so stepping on your neighbors bed to get up can cause issues.)

The atmosphere in the hostel was great and having a kitchen to use was really convenient.

This was a nice hostel overall. The staff did everything to make my stay an enjoyable one. My biggest markdown is for the size of the rooms. There is barely any extra space, so it was hard to sleep when someone mobed to use the lockers and bunks.

Can't really comment too much got in an out when it was still dark but bed was comfy and place looked nice staff were friendly!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7