Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

I will say Ruthensteiner is the best hostel that I have ever stayed in. Location is great with few minutes walk to the subway station. Comfortable bed and pillow. Great atmosphere in Bar. Everything is considerate. If you want to do a Hostel, you should definitely learn from them! The only problem for me the the luggage since they do not have an elevator. But you could ask the reception for help to lift your luggage if you need. Really nice! Strongly recommended.

THANK YOU for this awesome review! It is true that we don't have an elevator - our hostel is in one of these pre-war European buildings that make elevators more or less impossible - but we like to think of that as part of our charm ;). As you say, we're always happy to help with luggage! Do come see us again sometime - until then, happy travelling!

Great location, 30 minutes walk to the centre or a 5 minute metro, really helpful and kind staff with even soap in the bathroom! I would definitely stay here again.

Thanks so much for your review! A quick note on that '30 minute walk to the center' - we're just around the corner from the lovely Mariahilferstrasse shopping avenue (the 'Mahü' as it's known to locals), a beloved Viennese hang-out and mostly-car-free urban paradise. The Mähu stretches all the way from the Western Train Station to the Museumsquartier, a stone’s throw away from the Imperial Palace & the very heart of medieval Vienna. In short, the ''walk into the center'' is a not-to-be-missed part of any VIenna visit :). Thanks again, and happy travelling!

The best hostel i have ever stayed

Wow, thank you! We love phrases like 'the best' ;). Come see us again soon!!!

The Hostel was ok, but the location isn't very well.

Thanks for taking the time to review us! I have to tell you, though, I think our location is pretty great. Not only can you 'zip' anywhere on the metro or walk to the beautiful Mariahilferstrasse pedestrian street in a few minutes (see review above) - there are also lots of little secret spots tucked away in our neighborhood, for instance the Guesthouse Quell, serving amazing (and cheap!) Viennese cooking for 100+years now... :). All the best, & happy travelling!

I stayed here 5 nights and had a great time! Nothing to complain about really. Great breakfast and great common room.

All the staff were amazing, free tea was a lifesaver and it was a really nice atmosphere in general.

My favorite hostel in all of europe thank you for the great time and cheap beer :)

Very warm and cosy hostel with the friendliest staff who give great local tips. Modest and decent rooms with great Wifi and good kitchen facilities. Really affordable and well-equipped, the smallest grouse is the fact that we had to put on our own bedsheets- which was a little tough on the lower bunk where space isn't exactly a given.

Friendly staffs and a great atmosphere! Good value of money as well!

I loved staying in this hostel. The common room(s) are cozy and especially crowded at nighttime -- partially because the bar is located in one of these rooms. It's easy to meet people here because so many people hang out here! It's also in a good location close to a metro stop and a few cozy (and cheap!) little restaurants. An extra plus -- they have delicious FREE apple cinnamon tea and it definitely warmed me up in the Viennese snow.

The hostel is really good. Rooms and all other facilities are cosy, welcoming and clean. It is a pity that I did not have the opportunity to use the little courtyard as it was snowing so much during my stay. The staff was very helpful. The distance from the centre might be a little problematic, however, it is really close to a big subway station. Overall, a really pleasant stay.

So friendly and really great information about the city. I just loved my stay no other way to put it.

• 1st Jan 2016

Thank you so much - and happy new year!!!

Lovley Hostel , very very clean, awesome staff.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Austria

Great homely atmosphere. Friendly and helpful staff. The free hot tea was very nice (particularly on cold winter nights). The best hostel that we've stayed in. This was ideal accommodation for our family of 5 adults (aged range of 22 - 59).

• 31st Dec 2015

Atmosphere is so good. The staff is nice, and the public area is awesome

Nice people, good location, option to buy breakfast made our days easier. Everything was perfect except for the hpusekeeping details. I don't know if that is the policy but I expected them to take the trash out and maybe wipe the floor once during our 4 night stay. Thanks.

Thanks a lot, we really appreciate your review! Thank you also for the housekeeping feedback. It is certainly our policy to do daily room upkeep, such as taking out the trash etc. Our cleaning team was working really hard over the holidays (always a busy time here!), and it may be that in the rush your room was overlooked. Our apologies! Next time, please feel free to talk to reception about any problems like this & we'll have it taken care of right away. All the best!

WiFi service must improve. Especially in common area. The bathroom that I had to use was not that private and welcoming. It was really uncomfortable to take a shower in a box like unit.

Great place to stay, Thankyou

• 29th Dec 2015

The best hostel with the best staff I've stayed in the three years of my college life in Europe!

Very close to the train station as well as subway and tram stops, with desk workers always willing to give guidance on which lines to take to find sights throughout the city. The room was clean, and the door between the bedroom and lockers and bathroom ensured that everyone was able to sleep even when others were getting up and ready for the day. The bar was a great friendly place to meet people with well priced drinks. Would definitely stay again if I go back to Vienna.