Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Big thanks guys to a great run hostel Your staff are so friendly - the smiles are a welcome change to so many on the road Your facilities (games/guitars/guides) where amazing Keep up the good job! The hostel is one of the best out there From the welcoming and helpfull staff to the free games, guitars, guides... That coupled with the great environment it provides backpackers to mix, chill and chat makes the hostel a true winner!

:) Thanks!!!

Nice friendly hostel with a very homey vibe. Nice chill out areas with big common areas where you can read a book, relax in the courtyard or play their piano or guitar, so easy to strike up a conversation with other travellers. Staff are all very friendly, make you feel welcome and are helpful, especially Eliska. Only real downside was showers were fairly basic and only one on our floor. Would happily stay here again. Much nicer than the big, soulless chain hostels

Hey there, thanks so much for this lovely review! A note on showers - we do have multiple showers on every floor, and many of our rooms have their own private shower. You were staying in the men's dorm, which does at the moment have only one shower (with plenty more showers just across the hall). We're planning a renovation of the men's shower area this winter, come back and check it out sometime!

Really nice clean hostel, alright location and really helpful staff

Really nice and chilled hostel. Great facilities and liked the locker in the room available. The only thing I didn't like was having to make our own beds. Not because I'm not willing to, just because some people got into the room in the middle of the night like 2am and where causing a racket and having to turn the lights on to make the bed.

Ah yes, the trials and tribulations of dorm life! Sorry about that - we try to encourage folks to check in at a reasonable hour, but the occasional I-missed-my-train straggler does stumble through our doors ;). Of course we do offer made-up beds in our private rooms, perhaps an option for your next visit? Thanks for your review, and happy travelling!!!

I have stayed at many hostels in the past 14 weeks. This stands out as the best. Really friendly helpful staff. All of them are fantastic. Special thanks to Michael who gave me his time to get my boarding pass done on their printer.Dankeshon. Great kitchen, laundry and multiple chill out areas. Piano, guitar and garden area. This place is great. Enjoyed my stay and will recommend to anyone.

Thank you! I'll pass your thanks on to Michael :).

Really nice social hostel with good kitchen facilities, garden and cute bar with intruments to play with. Often happy just to sit in the garden and listen to people play random tunes.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The facilities were excellent and very quiet and peaceful

• 19th Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great place to relax. Nice kitchen. Friendly staff

very lively place with a bar and everything, but not the best hostel for solo travelers. It's very large and as such tends to be dominated by big groups that stick mostly to themselves. Still a great place, though.

• 18th Aug 2015

Hi there - honestly, I'm wondering if you've reviewed the right hostel? We've designed our house specifically for solo travellers, with plenty of common spaces where people can get to know each other, musical instruments for jam sessions, games for guest use, etc etc - and we NEVER accept large group/tourbus reservations in order to maintain an open, social atmosphere . It sounds like maybe you hit an off night - come back and see us again sometime, we promise you won't regret it!

Hostel was clean and had an easy going atmosphere. Great place to meet people. The bar closes at 12 but there's a pub club around the corner and that place was awesome. Would definitely stay here again!

• 17th Aug 2015

The best hostel I have ever been! The room is so clean, there are private showers and toliets just for women. It's the best for solo female traveller like me. The staffs are extremely friendly and helpful! There is train station near by and also a shopping mall. The location is very good! I highly recommend this place!

:) thanks so much!!! Come back and see us soon!

Perfect location near westbahnhof , extremely friendly staff. Offer free adapters / charger. 4 desktop for free uses while some hostel will charge you some money. The bed is soft and comfortable and the ventilation is very good and windy. Clean toilet with paper towel and toilet paper at the same time. There is even garden at the back of the hostel and a bar for you to socialise with other travellers. The price is unimaginably cheap. Definitely will recommend to my friends.

:) thank you!!! Come see us again anytime!

Fantastic - loved it! Wish I stayed for longer

• 15th Aug 2015

You'll just have to come back, I'd say ;). THANKS for the review!

Great place to stay for à citytrip. Very tidy, walkable city centre and friendly staf. Just Don't expect a bustling party atmosphere.

Staff were very friendly and very helpful

We thought the hostel atmosphere was great. Love the garden/ patio area, the common rooms. It was very clean as well. Our only issue was the room size. It was very small and tight for 3 people.

Hey, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! On room size: our hostel is primarily oriented towards budget conscious travelers who want a clean&comfortable stay as well as the social environment only a hostel can offer. And while some of our rooms may be a bit on the spartan side, we offer a whole lot extra, from lovely gardens to a great guest kitchen, a cozy bar, etc etc. When available we also offer a stay in our lovely&spacious studio, you might want to check it out next time! Thanks!

FANTASTIC atmosphere! I love that every night you can go downstairs and meet tons of new people. The hostel was also pretty clean and I really like that they give every person their own locker with a key. Staff are all friendly. Not very close to the city center but it's close to the Westbahnof station so it's really easy to get around via public transport.

Hey there, we're glad to hear that you made the most of our common spaces - getting to know other travellers is what hostelling is all about, after all! A note on our location - we're actually just a few minutes walk from the lovely Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna's most popular shopping avenue, newly transformed into a gorgeous car-free urban space stretching from the Westbahnhof to the first district - so no need to jump on the subway to get in on some Viennese action! Thanks, & happy travelling!

This was a really wonderful hostel to stay at with a great atmosphere. Only negative is that it's a little far from the main downtown area.

I only stayed two nights and wished I'd stayed more. This hostel has such a great atmosphere, made it very easy to meet people as a solo traveller, it is about a 20 minute walk from the centre but is really close to lots of places to eat in the evenings. Really good facilities, and friendly staff, would definitely go back!

Nice yard, helpful staff. Good location to go to the airport and Shonbrunn palace. Highly recommended!