Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Can't really comment too much got in an out when it was still dark but bed was comfy and place looked nice staff were friendly!

Friendly and knowledge staff at the front desk! Awesome common area! Cheap breakfast options in the hostel. Was very annoying that the showers automatically turn off after 30 seconds. The shower in our room was so tiny, I couldn't bend over to shave my legs. Not a problem for you boys! Comfy beds but the bunks were hard to climb up d/t not having enough steps. Very hot if you decide to travel in the summer! Bring a fan!

I thought this was a great hostel with very good facilities. It's located about 20 minutes walking from the main tourist areas but is in a nice area in itself. The rooms are spacious and the communal area and kitchen are well kitted out. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Easy to find and short distance from the Westbahnhof train station. Many supermarkets, cafes, pubs and sights within walking distance. Great atmosphere everywhere in the hostel. Garden area is lovely and the kitchen facilities were very good. Free internet available on WiFi as well as the computers near reception. The en-suite bathroom was completely satisfactory. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable.

What a fun environment here! The only bummer is that you can't use the garden after 10pm because of a city noise ordinance. Otherwise a really great place!!

Loved this hostel!! Everything was clean, staff very friendly and helpful. The bar was full every night I was here so very easy to meet other people. Right in the middle of old town and schonbrunn palace (about 20 min walk to each) but close to metro. Will definitely be staying here again :)

Pretty close to the Westbanhof train/metro station but still takes 20 or so minutes to get to city center. I was in the second building across the street, but otherwise I would have spent more time in the common room. It got pretty loud at night because we could hear everything going on in the common room as well as everyone meeting/going out/coming in on the street but we had to keep the window open because it was so hot (no AC or fans).

The best hostel I've been in Europe.

The patio was fantastic!! It was super hot with no fans in the room. That is my only complaint

Excellent. I would stay there whenever I was in Budapest. Rooms clean, kitchen clean, staff very good and friendly. A quiet well equipped hostel.

i was very excited to stay there again. friendly staff, clean kitchen, good wifi connection. Everythinga perfect. the best hostel for europe trip.

:) thank you!!! We'll look forward to your next visit!

beds were a little dirty, kitchen was fully equipped with kits if fridge space. WiFi worked great throughout hostel. about an hour walking from the Old Town, easy to take the metro (10 min from old town)

We loved this hostel! There were people of all different ages staying here and it seemed really busy the whole time we were there.

Very quaint place! The staff is incredibly helpful. Also they have homemade elderflower lemonade which is delicious! Atmosphere is nice to meet people in

Hey, thank you very much - to be honest we ourselves could not life without the elderflower lemonade anymore. Our manager and one of our receptionists even went up on the Vienna hills himself to make their own sirup and while we use mostly bought one we now mix in our own Ruthi's best now and then ;) until its gone. Again, thank you and see you soon again in Vienna!

I had a really good time at this hostel- it has a great atmosphere to meet other travellers. The staff were AMAZING - they helped me so much and were always friendly.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in Europe so far. Not a party hostel, but it's pretty easy to meet people in the bar or the gardens in the back. The kitchen was pretty nice and there's a small electric grill in the back. The staff was fairly helpful and the rooms themselves were clean. Would recommend any type of traveller to stay here, you'll find a group to go out with if you want, or you can have a quiet night.

I could not have been happier. Fantastic location. Great price especially for Vienna. Extremely helpful staff and just an all around wholesome atmosphere.

It's our guests who make our atmosphere what it is :). Thanks for the lovely review, and for your visit!

Nice kitchen, cool bar, clean rooms/beds. Showers and bathrooms were tiny but got the job done. Location was right by the train station which was great, though a good 20 min walk from Old Town. However, it was right in between the palace and Old Town so it was easy to get to both attractions while in town. Really good place, highly recommended overall.

Favorite hostel of our entire trip!

I stayed on the upper bed, and the only way I could get up there was by a chair (Yes, there is no stair!). I don't have long legs, so it was quite dangerous for me. One day morning, the lower bed traveller put his stuffs on that chair, and I could not get down!!

Well, this is certainly the first time we've had a guest trapped in bed ;). Thank you for the feedback - we love our bunk beds, but they're simply not compatible with a ladder - we're slowly upgrading to new, beautifully designed bunks with ladders included. In fact, we've just had a set custom-made for a few of our 6-bed dorms. It'll take some time to get the budget together, but ultimately we do want to upgrade every bed in the house. Wishing you a safe journey, & all the best!