Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Good place, many people were there even though it was winter.. Many people though are attached to their WiFi and not socializing that much, but that's not the hostel's problem Location: 5 minutes walk from West bahnhof, + tram 2 minutes walk. It's not in the center of town but note that none of the hostels are. (Maybe only the wombat's at naschmarkt is closer) but it's about 10 minutes on the Ubahn to get to the center

By far one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in, so easy to find with the instructions online, the staff were SO nice to me especially helping me to bandage up my cut finger straight away and giving me great tips on where to go and exactly how to get there! The kitchen and laundry facilities were great, as were the bathrooms and toilets. So many hooks on the back of the door! Sad to leave, it was such a nice hostel.

• 3rd Feb 2015

This hostel is great. The staff are friendly and helpful, the lounge area has lots of seating and space for people to sit and chat, the bar area is small but perfectly formed and the overall atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. The free tea is just delicious! The only downside is that it's a little out of the way from the major Vienna attractions, but it is an easy underground ride if you don't feel like walking.

The mother of all hostels. This was my second stay in this house and it was just perfect!

:)!!!! Wow, thanks! We're practically blushing ;).

Friendly and helpful staff! All around good experience and I would recommend this hostel to fellow travelers.

Thank you :)!

It was the best hostel i've ever stayed in my entire life. The room was perfect, the staff is adorable, the location is excellent and their garden .... Couldnt be more beautiful covered with snow! I'll definitely spend some time there again!

:)!!!! THANK YOU, this review really made our day! Do come visit us again, maybe in the spring or summer - the snow is charming for sure, but you should see our garden covered with flowers! We'll look forward to your next visit - in the meantime, happy travelling! And greetz from the adorable staff :).

Probably my favourite hostel yet on my trip. Was very easy to meet a lot of cool people here and the staff were lovely. The location could be a little closer to the centre... but it is still walkable within about half an hour.

Thank you, we love words like 'favorite' :)! About our LOCATION - there are no hostels in Vienna's historic center (the property values are just too high for that) - however, that 20 minute walk into the center leads you right down the Mariahilferstrasse, a beloved Viennese shopping avenue and mostly-car-free urban paradise - another part of Vienna that's not to be missed, practically at our doorstep. Plus the subway is just around the corner. Thanks again, and do come back soon!

Awesome Hostel! They have thought of everything a traveller could need, the second you think you need to ask for something, it is already there. Clean and comfortable. Location was close to main train station, 8 minute walk max, NOT 20min like others have said. In-house bar provided great atmosphere to hang out and meet fellow travellers, and we would all head out together afterwards.

Thank YOU for your awesome review! To clarify: We're located just around the corner from the Westbahnhof, or Western Train Station, which is a major train and public transport hub and the arrival point for the airport bus - the Hauptbahnhof, another major Viennese train station, is a 15 minute tram ride from Westbahnhof. Come back again, our bar is always here, the perfect place to meet fellow explorers of the night :)! Until then, happy travelling!

Nice staff, clean rooms and great fun.

Had a bunk bed in a six people dorm and we had a nice bathroom that was pretty new and seemed modern.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

Very good for me, try it!

A cheap and very social hostel, right near Westbahnhof station. Unfortunately breakfast isn't included in the price (and isn't very good anyway) but there is a supermarket right nearby. The hostel bar is a great place to meet people too, and they have a happy hour every night. I made a plenty of friends and people to hang around with during my time in VIenna.

This is the first hostel I have stayed in that had a piano, and it was in tune. These perople are excellent. I had tried to stay at Wombats but it was booked and I was glad. This is on a quiet street minutes from the Westbanhotof. Lisa and Branca and both gentlemen who worked the desk were just wonderful. Cannot say enough good things about them.

Thank you so much for your Review and for staying with us - we DO LOVE people who play the Piano and keep it well in tune always. We hope to see you soon again in Vienna and all the best for your travels!

The most warm and great atmosphere from Vienna. The perfect hostel to those that are travelling in groups or even alone. The greatest bar and people.

What can we say - this response & feeling is what we are doing it for - Thank you! We wish you all the best!

Overall it was nice and met everything a regular traveller would require. The staff were very helpful and the atmosphere is sociable. Only thing would be that wifi kept cutting off in our room on the third floor. Clean and well maintained facilities.

Hey! Thank you for your comments! All these smart phones, smart watches, smart back packs, smart pianos, they all need WiFi! So, at the moment we are adding 5 more Access Points (also see our post on fb regarding that :) so this wont happen again. So we hope to welcome you back here and this time with all the WiFi you can take :)

I would highly reccomend to my friends.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Bulgaria

This is a very good hostel with very helpful staff. I feel very homecoming during my stay. They even have free apple tea! It's the little details that make the difference and I hope other hostels take note of it.

Yeah, there's nothing like a warm cup of apple tea on a cold day! THANK YOU for this lovely review, making folks feel at home is what makes our job worthwhile :).

This hostel as one of the greatest common area. The have a few music instruments you can use for free and a small bar. Also, the printed the direction from the hostel to every place of interest and it's pretty accurate. The breakfast was pretty good and cheap.

Such an amazing, organized, tidy up, valuable for money and well done hostel =)

The hostel was really confortable and everything was so clean. The staff was really friendly and very informative. Breakfast was not included but it was cheap and you have options to choose from.