Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Great hostel - had a fantastic stay. The hostel is clean and well-maintained. Beds comfortable, bathrooms clean, good linens. The best part about the hostel was the awesome staff. Really friendly and always willing to help. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone visiting Vienna.

Thank you so much for reviewing us - these kind of comments give us a good push of confidence for the busy season. All the best on your trip and hopefully you will find time to return to Vienna in the future!

Very nice hostel. Room was clean and the location was good. Easy to find and a 30-40 minute walk to the centre.

No ladder into bunk beds makes it quite awkward to climb into the top bunk. My bag was too big/heavy/awkward to fit in the locker so I left it on the floor ( like I've done countless other places) and someone decided to help themselves to some of my clothes. NOT IMPRESSED. Yes you need a key to get in the room, but there were times when I came back mid afternoon and the door was Wide open. So anyone could have just strolled right in.

Hey - first of all thank you for your Review. I am sorry for your troubles with our lockers. They are big enough for Backpacks but lately many travelers decide to take suitcases on their trips ... Who could have thought that things would change like that so fast? We are definitely thinking about new, bigger lockers but keep in mind it is not easy to be outfit for all problems - next time please tell us at reception - we can always look for a solution / alternative! We are always happy to help!

POSITIVE: The staff is very friendly. They help with every question. Everything is well explaned by pictures en nice drawings. There are 3 nice gardens, 2 for non-smokers. The kitchen is well equipped and clean. Very good location. Really good bikes for rent. Negative: Breakfast is not included and small (but you can go to the shop en buy your own breakfast). We had a private doubble room but the bed was two single beds together. Small bathroom with lidl place at the sink for stuff, but clean

The best hostel I've ever stayed in, can't recommend it enough. I stayed in a 10 bed dorm (split into 2 rooms), there was heaps of space, large shower and seperate toilet, personal power outlet, reading lamp and locker. The hostel has a fantastic atmosphere, super helpful staff, and an abundance of little nooks and crannies if you want some quiet time. This is everything a hostel should be.

Really cozy hostel, the guy that welcomed us at the reception kept asking us how was our days, that shows interest for their guests! Good breakfast, affordable. Comfortable beds. It didn't seem like they cleaned the bathroom everyday but it was ok! Really enjoyed our stay!

Hey! Thank you so much for taking your time and writing this review. We love talking to the guest and hearing how their day was - that is when we have time in between answering emails, checking in and out, helping guests with their trip, bookings, etc :) We do clean communal bathrooms everyday but compared to a Hotel we do not clean rooms/private bathrooms every day. We wish you a very nice journey and see you soon again!

Great stay, the hostel is really close to everything in town. Breakfast is cheap and good. Staff is helpful. The only drawbacks were that our room was quite small and no one emptied our trash. Otherwise, I totally recommend it.

• 28th Apr 2015

Really can't fault this place. Super clean, friendly staff and really nice rooms. Supermarkets and restaurants really close by as well.

Great place! It has all the amenities you could want, and super cheap breakfast available every morning. There is a kitchen for guests if you want to cook your own meals. The staff are friendly and provide excellent service at check-in. The large indoor/outdoor common area is a great place to meet people, and the bar has great cheap beers, cocktails and happy hour. Oh! And you can rent a bike from the hostel, which I seriously recommend. Had a blast here and met so many cool people!

Really enjoyed my stay at Ruthensteiner, the atmosphere is great, the little courtyard is a nice bonus. I stayed in the building across the street, it was really clean and quiet except for the street noises but there's nothing you can do about that (and it's a fairly quiet street). It's close to the metro and most tram lines and you can actually walk to the old part of town or Schönbrunn castle (but I would suggest coming back before sundown, this part of town didn't feel as safe).

Great place to socialize with great people!!!!

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Bulgaria

Loved this hostel - good atmosphere, easy to meet people if you're travelling alone and the staff were very helpful. You would probably want to catch the underground to the centre as it's a half hour walk, but there is a main station only 5 minutes away - which is also handy for getting to the bus station quickly. The hostel is also close to the castle grounds which are beautiful to walk and relax in. I would recommend staying here!

I have just one word for this hostel, perfect! Thank you guys, I'll absolutely visit Wien and your hostel again.

Wow, thank YOU for this perfect review :)! We'll look forward to your next visit!

The hostel is close to the train station, which is very easy (and inexpensive) to use! The staff was quite friendly and they offered maps and lots of "how to get to _____ (location)" information slips, which we used the entire time! The room was small but clean and perfect for our one-night stay. There was a garden, computers, great wifi, a bar, and inexpensive coffee (and breakfast) in the morning!

• 25th Apr 2015

Thanks for this great review! I'll tell our team member Monika that you like her information slips - she put a heap of work into those :). Come back and see us again sometime!

The front desk lady helped me save 25 euros on my train ticket because she told me to take the westban train instead of the Austrian run train system. They were friendly and helpful!! The beds were nice and showers were hot. so overall nice place.

I enjoyed my stay at this authentic family run hostel, it had such a homely feel to it. The garden, dining area, bar and lounge provide the perfect backdrop for meeting other guests in a warm and friendly atmosphere. The moment i walked into this hostel I liked it so much that i extended my stay here and cancelled my other reservations. Breakfast is decent and some staff extremely friendly, especially Juliana whom i fell in love with and cannot wait to return just to lay eyes upon her again :) x

I cannot fault this hostel in any way. Staff were brilliant, kitchen was great, met so many great people while staying here. Easy to get to with great location. Would stay here again and again.

Met some great people in this hostel! Good for solo travelers. Very nice facilities!

Loved this hostel! Location is so close to train station and wifi is perfect. There is a great social area and was able to meet a ton of people during happy hour and through out the rest of the night. The beds were comfy. Everything was amazing! I would definitely come back and stay here. Thank you!

Fantastic hostel. Worth every penny. If I go back to Vienna, I'll be staying here again.

Yay, thank you! We'll look forward to your next visit!