Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Great homely atmosphere. Friendly and helpful staff. The free hot tea was very nice (particularly on cold winter nights). The best hostel that we've stayed in. This was ideal accommodation for our family of 5 adults (aged range of 22 - 59).

• 31st Dec 2015

Atmosphere is so good. The staff is nice, and the public area is awesome

Nice people, good location, option to buy breakfast made our days easier. Everything was perfect except for the hpusekeeping details. I don't know if that is the policy but I expected them to take the trash out and maybe wipe the floor once during our 4 night stay. Thanks.

Thanks a lot, we really appreciate your review! Thank you also for the housekeeping feedback. It is certainly our policy to do daily room upkeep, such as taking out the trash etc. Our cleaning team was working really hard over the holidays (always a busy time here!), and it may be that in the rush your room was overlooked. Our apologies! Next time, please feel free to talk to reception about any problems like this & we'll have it taken care of right away. All the best!

WiFi service must improve. Especially in common area. The bathroom that I had to use was not that private and welcoming. It was really uncomfortable to take a shower in a box like unit.

Great place to stay, Thankyou

• 29th Dec 2015

The best hostel with the best staff I've stayed in the three years of my college life in Europe!

Very close to the train station as well as subway and tram stops, with desk workers always willing to give guidance on which lines to take to find sights throughout the city. The room was clean, and the door between the bedroom and lockers and bathroom ensured that everyone was able to sleep even when others were getting up and ready for the day. The bar was a great friendly place to meet people with well priced drinks. Would definitely stay again if I go back to Vienna.

I loved this hostel! The staff were amazing, so helpful and friendly. The bar is awesome and cheap, the atmosphere is great for solo or travellers or small groups. The bike rental service is a good option as well :) Would recommend and definitely coming back!

• 26th Dec 2015

If you go to Schoenbrunn Palace, then I highly recommend this hostel. It is about 15min's walk to it. And you can enjoy very good equipment in this hostel: laundry, kitchen, bar downstairs, cheap breakfast. the place is very comfortable, and you can make new friends there.

Loved that the bar was the center for social life and how close to the metro we were. They also had great transportation directions. I just wish that there had been a few more group events, although we were there around Christmas and so that was probably a slow time.

Great atmosphere hands down, is a way out of the city though. Although you can catch a metro and be there in 15 minutes I wouldn't stay this far out again. It's close to a Main Street where there is plenty of shops buy unless you are here for shopping or average restaurants I wouldn't bother. Staff were nice but won't really acknowledge you Unless you acknowledge them. Breakfast below par too.

Hi! First of all thank you for taking your time to review us. We really loved our atmosphere during Christmas as well! Btw. we are right between the main tourist site, the Schönbrunn palace and the City and only few minutes walking from the main Metro lines and the main pedestrian area. Also our area has cheap places to eat, the greatest travellers bar etc. Sorry you did not feel attended to enough by our staff. We really try to take good care of everyone to make them feel at home. Good luck!

Super cool place, If I ever go back to Vienna, definetely would stay there again

Pretty cool atmosphere, chill bar. There isn't a huge nightlife in Vienna but the hostel is located easily near public transit to go see all the amazing buildings in Vienna.

Was impressed by the facilities of this hostel. Plus a 24/7 reception was good!

This was such a lovely hostel, a super location, and really excellent staff. They were so welcoming when we arrived on Christmas Eve and were always smiling. It's hard to know what to do over the Christmas period but they had plenty of recommendations and there was delicious free tea. The hostel was kept incredibly clean as well.

This hostel was very well organised- ! It was in a great spot- you can walk to most of the tourist attractions in 40 or less minutes or take the metro, which was a 5 minute walk from the hostel. The staff were very helpful! Probably the best hotel I've ever seen.

• 24th Dec 2015

Great hostel. Good kitchen and lockers, specious rooms, sociable common area. Location was a little far from city centre and the hauptbahnhof (although quite close to Schonbrunn palace and within walking distance to the Museums Quarter) but easily reached by train/tram as very close to Westahnhof. All in all a great place to stay while in Vienna

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great facilities, friendly atmosphere, and overall a very pleasant experience.

Nice hostel and friendly staff, with a very nice laundry facility and value for money breakfast. Was staying in a mix dorm ensuite, the bathroom was quite nice, just the height of the bunk bed is a bit low, so the one staying on the lower bed couldn't really sit on his own bed. Great atmosphere too, quite a lot of people hanging out in the bar to talk after 6pm. Quite close to the shuttle bus station to the airport as well :)

Loved it here! Great atmosphere, very helpful staff, and clean!