Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

Good hostel, nice place to hang out. Beds are a bit squeaky and not the best. Atmosphere was OK, a couple of hippies and mop heads singing kumbaya and Beatles hits on the piano and guitars in the common rooom, not really my thing.

Yeah...that's the thing about having all these musical instruments lying around - sometimes people will indeed play Kumbaya with them (and jeez, they do have fun doing it!). And then, sometimes someone will pick up a guitar or sit down at the piano and suddenly you're listening to virtuoso performance. We love both!

One of the best hostels we've stayed at, amazing staff and great fun!

I absolutely adored this hostel, from the moment I stepped in until checking out. I booked a female dorm room, which was clean with lovely interiors. The common lounge and the bar area were cozy - a great place to meet other travelers. Will definitely be back for a longer stay next time I´m in Europe. A few minor setbacks, which I actually didn`t mind that much: - No lifts. - Location-wise it was great, but can be rather scary when you`re a lone traveler coming at 11 in the evening.

Hey there, thanks for this great review! You should know that Vienna is one of the safest cities in Europe, if not the world – I'm a woman and frequent traveller myself, and I feel 100% secure wandering this city on foot, by bike or by subway any hour day or night - I think Vienna is the only major city in the world that I would say that about. In short, you can feel safe with us! We'll look forward to your next visit - until then, happy travelling!

My first time traveling alone and this place was a nice surprise. A few stops from the center of Vienna. Very easy to get to by metro! Outstanding staff! Answered all of my questions & had great suggestions. Thanks Baranka & Elizka! Facilities are clean!! There is a female only bathroom and showers. Rooms have a nice size locker with a key lock so you don't need to bring a lock. Breakfast was just under 3 Euro and pretty good. There is a supermarket across the street which was convenient.

This hostel was close to the station - just make sure you get the right one if travelling internationally - it was huge, big kitchen with free herbs and spices, there were guitars you could play, very decent sized breakfast, lovely little garden. Only downside were the shower rooms, pretty tiny, but you get to expect that from hostels. Nice way to see Vienna, it is walking distance to Schonnbrun palace but is a tram journey into town (get a daypass, best way!).

Thanks so much for this lovely review! Just to clarify: we're around the corner from the WESTBAHNHOF Train Station, with exact directions on how to get to us from anywhere in Vienna on our website. We're also just a few minutes walk from the lovely Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna's most popular shopping avenue - this gorgeous mixed use/pedestrian space will lead you all the way to the historic center. So no need to jump on the subway to get in on some Viennese action! Thanks again, & happy travels!

A bit out of the main part of the city but very close to a metro station which makes up for it. Kitchen is well equipped and the wifi works well, would stay here again!

Good hostel. Close to west bahnhof train station. Good cheap breakfast. Clean rooms and bathrooms. The rooms were surprisingly cool regardless of the temperature outside. I believe there was AC but you didn't need to use it. Only issue is there isn't a ladder to get to the top bunk which seemed kind of odd so you have to jump or climb on the lower bunk.

Hi, thanks so much for your review! We don't actually have AC - we're lucky enough to be housed in an historic building with great eco-construction that keeps us warm in summer and cool in winter. As for the bunks - a few of our dorms do have rather old-fashioned beds that aren't compatible with a ladder system - we hope to upgrade them in the coming years. Until then, we do provide enough foot stools to replace the ladders. If you'd prefer a bottom bunk next time, just let us know!

clean hostel.

Had a great stay at this hostel. Everything was really clean felt really safe! The staff were great really helpful and caring! And the location is just a walk away from all the beautiful sights! Vienna was beautiful!

Wow, thanks! We'll hope to see you around here again sometime!

Pros - Great location just 2km from main ring, bikes are available to rent and i think the best way of exploring the city. Did not use trams or subways at all. Good bikes too. Close to the station, and many sites. Great kitchen, eating area, and bar Cons- Breakfast was pretty poor, really my only complaint

The atmosphere of this hostel was really great, very easy to meet people. Staff were very helpful and welcoming. It is a bit outside of the city, but very close to the main train station and also not too far from the palace so it was actually in a great spot. Would definitely recommend staying here!

Great hostel, massive rooms, good atmosphere in the common room especially during happy hour! The garden is really nice too. Would definitely recommend, it's not right in the centre but very close to the metro station so easy enough to get in.

Fantastic hostel! Highly recommend. They have thought of everything, from homemade lemonade, advice board at reception, to information about getting everywhere in Vienna. There is a bar, great courtyard, great for solo travelers. Staff were fantastic and really friendly. I have nothing bad to say about this hostel, and I would stay again.

THANK YOU!!! We'll look forward to your next visit :).

Loved this hostel! Very friendly! Atmosphere was brilliant in the evenings, very social and a great way to meet new people. Despite there being a bar, you could not hear a thing if you wanted an early night. Wifi was great! Our bathroom got cleaned daily! Not far from the train station at all, and a 15 minute walk to the palace! I would definitely stay again!

Everyone at the hostel was very friendly and welcoming. The reception and bar staff are great. The location is a little hard to find but the directions are good . The 3 bed rooms are a bit on the small size if you have lots of luggage but in fairness the price is amazing value.

Great atmosphere. Near the west train station. You will need a train ticket if you stay here, but it's easy to use.

Friendly staff, location is ok (near the Summer palace), you may wash/dry your clothes for a little value. They offer a good value breakfast and some free food as well. Not a party hostel, however the atmosphere is nice for meeting people. Would stay there again.

The best hostel I've ever stayed in and probably ever will! 5/5 on everything apart from location which is 4/5 - it's a bit far from the centre but really near the metro to get there. I had an amazing time and will definitely be going back in the future!

First hostel I have ever rated 100% Absolutely flawless. Cheap by Vienna standards. Has everything you need. Washing, kitchen, bar, great atmosphere, helpful staff and much more. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Great hostel, good location, they really care about making your trip pleasant and go the extra mile!

• 24th Aug 2015