Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

All the staff are nice and helpful except one idiot addict who is in the night shift . He is moody and weird .

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at- super clean, great staff, lively atmosphere. We had booked a shared bathroom but were upgraded on arrival to an en-suite. Good location close to Westbahnhof train station, 15-20 min walk to the centre. Thanks for everything :)

Our pleasure - thanks for visiting us, and for the lovely review! We hope to see you here again sometime!!!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Very comfortable, safe, clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It's has a good common room with bar. Excellent kitchen and laundry facilities. I would definitely go back!

Thanks so much for this lovely review - we'll look forward to your next visit!!!

I really enjoyed my stay at this place. I would definitely recommend it!

• 26th Sep 2014

Very good hostel, great atmosphere

Very nice hostel with good atmosphere and big rooms. That staff was very nice and helpful and I loved the happy hour.

The prototypical "A" hostel right here. Everything about this hostel is right. The rooms are spacious, the beds are sufficient, and the common area is fun (cheap drinks at their own bar, piano/guitar, chess, games, sofas...you can spend a night here). It's just all very nice. The location wasn't superb, but Vienna trains are super convenient and there's plenty of stuff in the hostels area as well. The staff was decent. The bar within the hostel is the biggest sell...nice austrian beers.

Big hostel with good kitchen facilities. A long walk to the city centre and not much in the area to do in the evening.

It was a bit chilly in the corridors, but other than that, everything was great!

Yeah, it's true...the summer is leaving us, and with it T-shirt and shorts weather. BUT, this means the fall is coming - which in Vienna includes the opening of Opera Season (standing room tickets every night for under €5!), beautiful Autumn colors in the parks and the Viennese Woods...and soon enough the Christmas Markets will be here! Unfortunately, that all goes together with maybe wearing a sweater in the corridors :). THANKS for your review, and do come visit us again!

If you want a clean and proper run hostel this is the place for you. Not a lively place though, very many rules and you seem to be frowned upon if you want to get a crowd together and get a bit noisy.

THANKS for your review! Yeah, you got us - we're not what you'd call a PARTY hostel - body shots&beer bongs are not exactly our thing, and we do like to keep things quite in the wee hours, since many of our guests like to...sleep :). But not lively? Really? You must have been here on a bad night - come back again, and with any luck you'll catch an impromptu jam session at the bar, or even a live mini-concert - then head out and explore our neighborhood, home to some of Vienna's best bars&clubs!

I really enjoyed my stay here and think the front desk staff - Mike and Elisabeth very extremely helpful and took their time to explain things to every single guest. It's a very cheerful, bright and clean hostel and fantastic location.

One of the best hostels I stayed at ever! Nice and small but absolutely not packed. The staff was really helpful and the bar (and the Sturm) sure eased up the mingling with others. You could also stay on your own if you felt like so and no one would have bothered you. The location was perfect too, just a few meters from Westbahnhof metro station. I would highly recommend it!

Thank you for this fantastic review!!! Sturm season is still on for a few more weeks (locally brewed grape cider, very tasty and only available in late summer/early fall) - come on back and join us for a drink or two!

Bit of a walk from the hostel to the city center but easy to take the train. Really great atmosphere and reasonably priced. Everybody was very friendly and nice

It has a great atmosphere despite being a bigger hostel and all the beds had a power outlet and locker. It's a bit far from the center but the metro is really close.

Really nice place, very helpful staff.

Loved me stay there. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The place makes you feel right at home.

This comment made me really happy - thank you! Come stay with us again soon - we'd love to be your home in Vienna :).

Great location close to the metro, immaculate, spacious dorms and friendly staff who were always willing to help.

• 12th Sep 2014

Very adorable and quiet atmosphere without being dull. Conveniently located very close to one of the main train station and the staff are willing to help out. Free computers with internet access but I think they need more to accommodate for their size. Personally, I found the breakfast to be overpriced and was a little disappointed there was no walking tours. However, there is a wombats nearby which I believe provides walking tours.

Thank you for taking the time to review us - we really appreciate it! Just one small correction - we do indeed offer a fantastic walking tour of Vienna, as well as a bike tour and a biking-and-wine-tasting tour of the nearbye Wachau Valley (a world heritage wine growing region). I'm so sorry you missed out! Next time we'll be more than happy to organize something for you!

The best hostel in europe

We spent 2 nights this September and had very convenient rest - thank you!

• 11th Sep 2014