Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

I would highly reccomend to my friends.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Bulgaria

This is a very good hostel with very helpful staff. I feel very homecoming during my stay. They even have free apple tea! It's the little details that make the difference and I hope other hostels take note of it.

Yeah, there's nothing like a warm cup of apple tea on a cold day! THANK YOU for this lovely review, making folks feel at home is what makes our job worthwhile :).

This hostel as one of the greatest common area. The have a few music instruments you can use for free and a small bar. Also, the printed the direction from the hostel to every place of interest and it's pretty accurate. The breakfast was pretty good and cheap.

Such an amazing, organized, tidy up, valuable for money and well done hostel =)

The hostel was really confortable and everything was so clean. The staff was really friendly and very informative. Breakfast was not included but it was cheap and you have options to choose from.

The staff were amazing! I was so so sick and they were all so caring and helpful! Great atmosphere with people playing instruments and always a full bar! Overall awesome!

I was greeted by kind and enthusiastic staff member, who I'm sad to say i cant call the name of, but he was so informative! Recommended some great things to do including the standing seats at the opera which i highly recommend doing! The hostel had great facilities, felt safe, great places to socialise and also get a good nights sleep if you need. Great wifi, good kitchen. I would definitely stay here again

Had a private room and the noise is horrendous. Whenever anyone goes to the toilet or bathroom outside, the closing of the doors (even when not slammed) is unexpectedly high. Was woken up at 0530 in the morning by people getting up to leave. A result of poor sound insulation and doors that make an inordinate amount of noise. Besides that the staff were really friendly and the place was very clean.

There are no plugs near some beds, and for me that was really a problem as I normally charge my phone during night. Price could be a bit lower.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review us! We do realize how important plugs near the beds are, and our goal is at least two plugs easily accessible to every bed - we're working our way through the house, but we haven't managed to update every dorm yet. Our apologies for any inconvenience! We do offer free safety deposit boxes in reception, complete with internal power outlets for charging cell phones and the like, as a convenient alternative. Thank you, and all the best!

Building,staff all perfect* Thank you very much!! Definitely I will stay again if I have chance to come to Vienna in the future.

Thank YOU for this lovely review! We'll hope to see you here again one day - until then, happy travelling!!!

A bit far from the old town, but the transport system gets you there in 10 minutes. Merge staff is great and the hostel has all the facilities you can imagine.

Very friendly staff. Great bar including instruments which makes it really easy to meet people. Pretty basic rooms but nothing to complain about. Not close to Old Town but close to the train station.

Hi there, thanks so much for your review! In defense of our LOCATION - there are no hostels in Vienna's first district, ie 'Old Town' (the property values are too high for that). We are however as you say around the corner from a major train and metro station, and the First District and the palace Schönnbrunn (both World Heritage sites) are just a short metro ride or pleasant stroll away :). Thanks again, and happy travelling!!!

Great stay, happy to recommend and would come back.

Thanks!!! And do come on back, we love repeat guests :).

Location wasn't that great, close to the train station by 25 minute walk to see anything. Awesome kitchen and free laundry detergent, I was only there a day and had to do my laundry etc and the girl at the desk was pretty cranky. 8 beds crammed into my room, no ladder, had to use a stool to get to the top bunk. Average room, main lounge area is better.

Sorry to read about your not so great experience at the Hostel. Of course it was the 1st of January, so it could be that some of the receptionists did not have a lot of good sleep :) Our staff is usually very friendly and likable. As for the crammed room: we have just now changed all the 8 bed rooms into 6 bed rooms! Location is actually right next to the biggest pedestrian area, the student-7th-district in between center and Schönbrunn Palace ... so it's pretty cool, we think :) Best wishes!

The girl with the slight Irish accent has great hair, a beautiful curly red, not too bright, but completely full of life. Her hair was seriously top shelf in the world of hair. The Peruvian guy working the bar was a real decent guy too. Hostel Ruthesteiner has some of the best staff around, they're all realy decent people.

Solid hostel, I was in recovery mode but it looked like a good place for socializing and meeting people

It's a very nice hostel. Especially the big common area with fantastic bar is the perfect place to meet other guests. The rooms are very spacious and clean. Definetely the place to stay in Vienna when you want a real hostel experience.

Best hostel staff I have ever encountered! Super helpful and friendly. Close to Shonbrunn and the train station but a little far from the center and other main sites. Wifi was excellent and the free tea was really nice. Also liked the laundry facilities. The dryer actually dried my clothes in one load!

The common area offers games as well as instruments which is a big upside. The hostel is located 5 minutes walk from the main shopping street and 20 minutes walk to the old city centre.

It's location is good because hostel located at near the train station. But it is quite long to the center of city. It takes about 30minutes by walk. I recommend you to use metro! Hostel is very good, clean and powerful WI-FI! There is a bar and kitchen!

• 25th Dec 2014