Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna Reviews

Robert Hamerling Gasse 24, 1150 Vienna, Vienna, Austria

The place is great, the atmosphere is very friendly and the staff was amazing except one guy, he seemed in pain that he had to help me or answer a couple of questions, he was the one the on the 17th of April at 23:30 or a bit later, definitely doesnt belong or maybe he just had a problem with me!

Beautiful Hostel, we had the best night out with people we met just sitting at the bar! You made our backpacking Honeymoon extra special! :) Super clean, welcoming hostel - can't wait to return!!!

Nice hostel. The rooms were clearly refurbished apartments, so the layout was a bit confusing. Also there was only one shower and one toilet for the whole room of 10 people which was a bit inconvenient. The shower was nice, with a shower head that wasn't attached to the wall. Breakfast wasn't included, but you could buy a small, but high quality and very tasty breakfast for 3-4 €. They also had free-to-use computers with internet access. They also kindly printed some documents for me for free

Everything was really good! The bedroom and the bathroom were very clean and the staff was always kind and ready to help. The ambient inside is very good, and you can meet people from all around the world while drinking a good beer.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

Thanks for this great review! Come back soon - the weather is warming up, which means that soon you'll be able to meet people from all around the world while drinking a good beer beneath the stars in our lovely flower-filled garden :). Until then, happy travelling!!!

Great place to enjoy Vienna.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Spain

:) Thanks! Come again soon!

High quality hostel, and very friendly staff

Very nice staff, good location. It was quiet during the week, I guess the weekends are busier.

It's all right. Kitchen is quite small for a hostel. Also the breakfast is quite disappointing for the money.

Hey there, thanks for taking the time to review us! I'm surprised you find our kitchen small - with two separate 4-burner stoves, two giant refrigerators, and plenty of counter space, I think we're rather equipped. We also try to make sure our breakfast is affordable&tasty, complete with fresh rolls & bread, fresh yogurt, muesli&cereal, bottomless fairtrade&organic coffee etc etc, all for €3.50 or under. If you have suggestions for how we could make our breakfast better, please do let us know!

An outstanding hostel! Rooms are massively big. The atmosphere is perfect with the bar and all the musical spirit. The location is really good, near to the metro station, super easy to reach and close to the center and the palace. The staff is amazing and it seems that Victor speaks every single language. The hostel has an incredible low price for all what you get.

THANK YOU for this splendid review!!! You named some of the things that I really love about our hostel; the 'musical spirit' - it's amazing what great things happen when you leave a few instruments lying around - and of course our super-friendly and international (if not quite pan-lingual) staff! Come back and visit us sometime - it is after all our awesome guests who make our atmosphere what it is! Until then, happy travelling!!!

Absolutely loved our stay! Both the hostel and Vienna were fantastic.

Wow, thank you! We'll look forwad to your next visit :).

Very nice hostel 5 min from Westbahnhof, therefore very easy to reach and a perfect starting point to explore the city and its sights. The garden and common aeres are very beautiful and welcomig. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Would definitely come back!

:) Thanks! We'll look forward to your next visit!

Very welcoming and helpful staff and the common spaces were nice as well! A bit of a walk (45 min) from the historic centre but not difficult direction wise, and you can also take the metro easily. The front desk did a great job of answering any questions and giving recommendations for things to do. Aside from a bit of a squeaky bunk bed everything was great. I would definitely stay again!

Hey there, thanks for this great review! About that walk - a 20 minute stroll from our doorstep down the Mariahilferstrasse (Vienna's most popular shopping avenue, newly transformed into a gorgeous car-free urban paradise- a tourist attraction in and of itself, really!), and you'll find yourself in the historic first district. In 45 minutes, you can easily walk to St. Stefan's Cathedral, the literal heart of Vienna! And of course you can get all over the city by metro. Thanks&do come back soon!

The staff was very pleasant from the beginning. City info is readily available. WiFI is good. You can hangout and drink in the hostel (prices are ok). There's also a garden area in which you can hangout. The only thing that I didn't like was the height of the lower bunk bed (hit my head while getting up). That's also one of the "less deluxe" rooms.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Serbia

Eek, sorry about the bumped head! We realize that some of our bunks are a bit on the low side - we're trading up for more spacious bunks as budget permits. Thanks for the feedback, not to mention the great review - we'll hope to see you around here again sometime!

This was an excellent hostel! The staff were friendly and helpful and the gardens were lovely!

Thank you!!! Come back and visit us sometime in the summer - the gardens only get lovelier :).

One of the better hostels I've stayed in. Great atmosphere with the bar, easy to meet and socialize. Not a bad location, you really need to train it in to the Centre. The most friendly abs knowledgeable staff I've ever met, thanks! Wifi was fine, beds comfy, power points at the beds and a good breaky. Locker was okay, just couldn't fit everything, but overall very secure area. Would stay there again.

Hey, thank YOU for the review - we'll look forward to your next visit! Just a quick word about our LOCATION - we're actually just a few minutes walk from the lovely Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna's most popular shopping avenue, newly transformed into a gorgeous mixed-use urban space stretching from the Westbahnhof to the historic center - it's possible you missed this if you jumped right on the subway. Check it out next time, it makes for a very pleasant stroll! Until then, happy travelling!

Love the place & keep returning to it whenever I am in Vienna. Spacious rooms with free lockers, spotlessly clean, sufficient number of showers, a well-equipped guest kitchen and a green inner yard where to sip your morning coffee. I know it may sound like an advertisement, though I have see very few places like Ruthensteiner.

highly recommend. staff are nice. just a little far if you want to go to the city centre.

The staff was really helpful and happy to chat with you at the bar. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything you might need! The beds are comfy and there's a cute garden to hang out in when it's nice out. The only downside i can think of is the shower has one of those push for water set ups that you have to keep re-pressing. Would definitely stay here again!

Thanks a lot! Spring is a great time at our hostel, staff&guests both really love soaking up the sunshine in our private little oasis :). As for the showers - yes, you got us, they are ''eco-friendly''. Timers guarantee that a shower won't be left to run - this happens, especially in dorms, and in the worst case can result in a flooded bathroom! We try to keep our timers set to as long a cycle as makes sense - I apologize for any unpleasantness! Thanks, and do come again!

Really nice place and its incredibly close to the train station so moving around is no problem, yet if you want to save some euros by walking it does take about 15 min to get to the edge of the interesting parts of the city. The only way I think the hostel could improve is by giving a general rundown of good places to eat, visit, etc. The best hostels I've stayed in do this and it improved my experience in the city greatly.

Hi, THANKS for the review ! Thanks also for the 'general rundown' tip. Providing Vienna-info is something we really emphasize around here - we have an attractions-and-events chalkboard that's updated daily, direction-tags for all the major sites, folders of recommendations of our favorite restaurants bars & clubs, plus a well-informed staff who are always happy to help. Unfortunately, when it's very busy, these things can fall by the wayside - next time just ask, we're happy to provide!

one of the best hostels I've ever been. Clean, Cozy, simply Wonderful.

Wow, thank you! Come see us again soon!